April 28, 2024, 10:27:24 PM

Author Topic: LESTER Peltier agrees four year deal with Portsmouth  (Read 27315 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LESTER Peltier agrees four year deal with Portsmouth
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2007, 07:50:52 AM »
I real happy for Peltier and for T&T...  We future startin' to look bright. Congrats to him and all involved in getting this promising youth to a top flight team.  Big up Portsmouth for recognising our talent and placing such "record breaking" faith in de youth.... real good news!!!

dwight yorke joined villa in 1989 as a 17 yr  old

kenwyne jones southampton in 2004 as a 19 yr old

i wouldnt say our future start to look bright it looking bright form since 89.  we always have produced individual talents, nothing new there

I think what firebrand trying to say is that it's only march 2007 and check where our young players are:

2 on loan in Belgium - Aaaron Downing, Matthew Bartholomew (both initially signed with sheffield united)
1 in Holland - Darryl Roberts
2 in England - Peltier, Guerra (if this news is true)

that all happen this year....in your post, you called 2 players in a 15 yr time span....

our future is starting to look bright  :beermug:

I awaiting theories too of how our youths getting a bligh so.....

is it de agents? de world cup? are these players so much better than the youths we had in de past?

Yes lickslikefire that is what I was saying, but there is more meaning to my statement. There are many other factors besides an abundance of talent that can positively or negatively impact our future... our current football administration, coach, team chemistry are just a few. I am not one to "count my chickens before they hatch". This recent development of a FEW of our young talents getting interest and exposure in top leagues in Europe is very promising, however I will still not go as far to say our future is looking bright.

We can have all or most of our senior team players in top leagues around the world (which we don't) and still amount to a fly fart in de world of football. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 11:11:24 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2007, 08:14:40 AM »
I still haven't seen anything, anywhere else similiar to any of the two reports. Has anyone seen any other news forthcoming. Pompey doesn't have anything on their official website.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2007, 09:38:28 AM »
This is great for both youths, but I need to see an official report.

Atulah is a good player but how will he gain a work permit. ?

Man turn down Arsenal !!!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2007, 10:29:53 AM »
I still haven't seen anything, anywhere else similiar to any of the two reports. Has anyone seen any other news forthcoming. Pompey doesn't have anything on their official website.

This is de ONLY other link so far on de story...but according to this, nothing set in stone:

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=312358

I eh holding my breath but I hope de man really get signed

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2007, 11:05:25 AM »

Pal arsenal = stuck on the bench or reserve team for 4yrs....NO THANK YOU

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2007, 02:04:50 PM »

Pal arsenal = stuck on the bench or reserve team for 4yrs....NO THANK YOU
As opposed to what?????

Arsenal has the best players at his age and if he thrives there he will do well. Most of the ex Arsenal youths are representing well. Check David Bentley or Jermaine Pennant.

A 18yr old's decision shouldn't be based on playing time but on where he can develop best.
TnT Patriot

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2007, 07:38:51 PM »
What great news congrats to the man and ah wish him a fast recovery and a good season :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2007, 02:09:40 PM »
about guerra, i dont think darryl had a trial with rotterdam before signing with them, so its possible that guerra could be signed without a trial. perhaps some scouts were in trinidad or fenwick's recommendation was enough.

i just commenting though, i dont know the deal.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »
might be the next yorke. Cap him already be4 england do

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2007, 06:09:52 AM »
Back in Oct last year after the U20 game versus Barbados I came on this site and told people that Guera was the best U20 player on the pitch and that he should be included on the national team in front of men like hardest and even whitley, Because of his game style and age he can be a great holding midfield for us.

He has good size and speed and excellent touches.

Hopefully he can build a good foundation at portsmouth

This guy has ability and is physical enough to handle the english game

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2007, 02:50:34 AM »
POMPEY SET TO SPEND
Football365.com

26 Mar 2007

Dirty 'Arry Redknapp has promised to spend the cash to turn Pompey into real challengers for the European places next season - starting by bringing in West Brom defender Curtis Davies and hijacking Arsenal's move for Lester Peltier.

The Daily Mirror reports that Portsmouth have set thweir sights on Davies - currently out for the rest of the season, and also a target for Spurs and Newcastle - as the perfect partner for Sol Campbell.

18-year-old Peltier, meanwhile, has impressed at both Pompey and Arsenal on trial, and will be offered a move if he can secure a work permit. A cap for Trinidad & Tobago before the summer should secure it.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2007, 03:04:18 AM »
GOOOD CAP de man fast when  is we next game. Is he home yet? Come on come on time running HURRY ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline TheJimmy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2007, 04:27:42 AM »
POMPEY SET TO SPEND
Football365.com

26 Mar 2007

Dirty 'Arry Redknapp has promised to spend the cash to turn Pompey into real challengers for the European places next season - starting by bringing in West Brom defender Curtis Davies and hijacking Arsenal's move for Lester Peltier.

The Daily Mirror reports that Portsmouth have set thweir sights on Davies - currently out for the rest of the season, and also a target for Spurs and Newcastle - as the perfect partner for Sol Campbell.

18-year-old Peltier, meanwhile, has impressed at both Pompey and Arsenal on trial, and will be offered a move if he can secure a work permit. A cap for Trinidad & Tobago before the summer should secure it.

Just thought i'd add this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/6494373.stm
Portsmouth may be ready to hijack 18-year-old midfielder Lester Peltier's move to Arsenal from Trinidad and Tobago club San Juan Jabloteh. (Various)

Reported by various British papers today. So it look like the earlier stories of Portsmouth offering him a four year deal were jumping to conclusion.

I also read the boy have a dutch grandmother, so he should have no problem getting an EU work permit if dat true.

As for how Pompey hear of these boys, Fenwick was they manager for almost three year, so I guess he contacted them and in the case of the boy who have no trial, I guessing they trust the man's word.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2007, 05:41:40 AM »
Portsmouth have joined Tottenham and Newcastle in the battle to sign West Brom defender Curtis Davies. (Daily Mirror)

Portsmouth may be ready to hijack 18-year-old midfielder Lester Peltier's move to Arsenal from Trinidad and Tobago club San Juan Jabloteh. (Various)

Watford are set to sell striker Steve Kabba at the end of the season - only months after signing him from Sheffield United. (Daily Mirror)

Motherwell striker Scott McDonald, who has been targeted by Rangers, looks set to clinch a move to Celtic. (Daily Record)

Cardiff have ended their interest in Hibernian striker Chris Killen. (Various)

Reading midfielder John Oster is being lined up for a move to Wolves in the summer. (Daily Mirror)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/6494373.stm

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2007, 02:09:16 PM »
POMPEY SET TO SPEND
Football365.com

26 Mar 2007

What's all this talk about a work permit, wasn't it said he has a Dutch grandmother and thus eligible for an EU passport. Also, it was said he was having passport problems which delayed his return to Trinidad, I don't understand these developments at all.

Has he signed or are they still negotiating?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2007, 04:39:20 PM »
POMPEY SET TO SPEND
Football365.com

26 Mar 2007

What's all this talk about a work permit, wasn't it said he has a Dutch grandmother and thus eligible for an EU passport. Also, it was said he was having passport problems which delayed his return to Trinidad, I don't understand these developments at all.

Has he signed or are they still negotiating?

This thread keeps highlighting Dutch ancestry - as far as I know (but there's a good chance I'm wrong  :D), only the Italians give out citizenship based on where yuh granny was from - the Dutch don't. Anyone checked?

More importantly, if you are granted Dutch citizenship, you have to renounce all other citizenships.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2007, 08:46:57 PM »
Portsmouth rival Arsenal for T&T starlet
tribalfooball.com - March 25, 2007

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is moving for Trinidad & Tobago starlet Lester Peltier.
Midfielder Peltier, 18, has spent the past month on trial with the Gunners and Cardiff as well as Redknapp's Portsmouth.

Terry Fenwick, coach at Peltier's Trinidad and Tobago club San Juan Jabloteh, claims Pompey are now ready to begin talks after Arsenal stalled.

Ex-Fratton Park chief Fenwick revealed: "Portsmouth have shown they are interested and we are awaiting the outcome."

TnT Patriot

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2007, 09:44:24 PM »
i thought he had secure a 4 year offer already what is the real story... just send the yout portsmouth
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2007, 11:22:55 PM »
Ah waitin until I see Harry Redknapp or Arsene Wenger handing Peltier a shirt with his name on it.

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2007, 05:29:42 AM »
Hi there,

Finally got approval to post here.

Don't know whether any of you play the game the but I do the research for Portsmouth on Football Manager 2007. Part of this process involves trying to find out little bits of information.

I have followed this thread for the past couple of days and a couple of things stand out for me.

Is there confrimation he has Dutch Citizenship, if so anyone have a link saying for definite that he has?
Does anyone have his Date of Birth?
Also his league history, appearances and goals?

Don't know whether any of you have seen it but alot of people use this site for getting their regular sports news

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Portsmouth (select whatever club down on the left hand side)

Has anyone got any videos of Peltier in action at all?

Cheers

Andrew

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2007, 05:35:53 AM »
Can anyone help with the above ???

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2007, 06:21:52 AM »
contact de moderators and dem, dey always have ting PPL searching fuh  ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline FineMan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2007, 09:44:15 AM »
Allyuh forget too that Fenwick used to manage Portsmouth from 95 to about 98 and he's a former england player. He got a lot of weight in the UK. I know Portsmouth were interested, i do think however that it will be difficult to get a work permit with the limited international experience.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2007, 05:59:28 PM »
Peltier For Pompey? 

By Jim Bonner Monday 26th March 2007

Fenwick hopes to seal a deal for T & T U-21 player...

Lester Peltier. Have you heard of him? I certainly haven't but apparently he's one of Trinidad and Tobago's best young talents and has recently been given a trial by Arsenal.

Peltier now plays for San Juan Jabloteh who are managed by ex-Pompey boss Terry Fenwick and it's now been reported that Fenwick has accompanied Peltier to Portsmouth in hopes of getting him a contract to play in the Premiership.

Peltier is said to be Trinidad and Tobago's most talented U-21 starlet so it's very possible that Pompey will regain some of the T & T flavour we lost when Shaka Hislop left the club.

The papers also continue to link us with a move for West Brom's Curtis Davies. I'll believe it when I see it...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2007, 06:40:58 PM »
Ah waitin until I see Harry Redknapp or Arsene Wenger handing Peltier a shirt with his name on it.

That is a good line

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2007, 01:03:09 PM »

That is a good line

Has this story died, I still have read or heard anything substantial on this potential move.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2007, 01:17:17 PM »
Sooooooo??.... :waiting:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>