March 28, 2024, 05:04:39 PM

Author Topic: A Comment on de Forum Rules and Guideline - An Appeal  (Read 9641 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: A Comment on de Forum Rules and Guideline - An Appeal
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2007, 02:41:33 PM »
inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale ... I am a hollow reed ....

:rotfl:

well it look like saddist schizophrenia get cure  :D

I wonder if dey go eventually reveal demselves   :thinking:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2007, 02:43:57 PM »
dat fella really acted like he had issues.
i eh know maybe de woman hit him ah butt or she turn him down in d epast.
lol
de man had venom..oui. if he did tone it down he message woulda get though loud and clea, instead it get lossed in anger and maybe bitterness?? ??? ???
unrequited love??hmmmmmmmmmmm
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2007, 02:56:07 PM »
*comes back in and looks for Zulu*

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2007, 07:38:33 PM »
hmmm like i arrive late.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2007, 07:59:41 PM »
Yuh come back bugin me again ah dey right here yer feel ah fradin yuh , leave me alone, yuh want to mash up the people them thredd and yuh lookin for company call yuh gul trinicana .not me ah not in dat wid yuh.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 08:02:13 PM »
Yuh come back bugin me again ah dey right here yer feel ah fradin yuh , leave me alone, yuh want to mash up the people them thredd and yuh lookin for company call yuh gul trinicana .not me ah not in dat wid yuh.

Padna who you dere with ?
i trying to make sense outta non sense and all of ah sudden meh handle call ?

but what dey jail is dis

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 10:21:18 PM »
doh worry wid Zulu...

Me and he had a noise and ah beat he over he head wid ah Coelho shopping bag till he run! He went and get P to help he control meh but it was more war because ah break away and expose meh warrior skills and den WC come to talk meh dong but ah say NAH. Finally de moderators had was to step een and delete all de bloodshed awf dis peaceable board.

Girl...

yuh had to be dere...

Dis is only my version of what take place eh? But from now on Zulu have to call meh Mistress Queen Macoomeh..he fraid meh left jab...

never see ah man bleed so yet nuh. After de knock dong, referee dcs akse he what day it was an' Zulu answer payday.

but as you can see, all dem posts get delete...

ah hear ah man faint and had was to be carry away by de medics...he name TT sadsack or someting so...

doh say I say eh? Ah only trying to explain yuh what went on. Hope yuh unnerstand.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:24:46 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 12:59:11 AM »
Trinidad Express
Monday, March 26th 2007
Don't be wrong and strong - say sorry

I've noted over some years some things which the UK has managed better than T&T and some things that T&T has managed better than the UK. Though there are more representatives of the different races in the UK relative to T&T, for example, I still feel the average T&T citizen has a better appreciation for racial diversity. Also in general, up to the time I left T&T, folks were more openly warm to each other in public situations, e.g in public transport or at a cricket match where strangers start conversations so easily; in the UK, folks hide behind reading material or headphones. If there was one thing I'd wish the UK could take from T&T it's this genuine warmth.

If there's one thing I wish T&T could take from the UK it's the ability to apologise. I don't think the average T&T person has a problem recognising when they're wrong. It's what we do afterwards: we top the world in our ability to be "wrong-and-strong''. It doesn't matter what social class we belong to. We may think it's more often to be found in, for example, government ministers and other senior public officials, but only because their behaviour is more widely pubicised via the media. Wrong-and-strong attitude is rife in corporate and business settings; it's a root cause for poor customer service. It's also present in family situations; how many domestic violence events would've been prevented if folks just knew how to eat humble pie and say sorry immediately after learning they did wrong?

In the UK, it is surprising how often folks say sorry, and genuinely mean it. For example, when there was a rail crash recently that investigators reported to be caused by poor maintenance practices, the first thing the CEO of the responsible company did was say sorry for the pain and inconvenience caused, both directly to injured persons and families and the general public. In service companies, when you make a complaint the first thing they do after listening to you is to say sorry for the inconvenience caused and then work with you on a proper response plan. I think it is this frequent, not just because of the amount of business competition, but because in the family situations children are taught to say sorry when appropriate and society continues to expect it of adults in general. The rest of society would cry shame on the offending individual if they didn't say sorry.

In contrast, in T&T a public official saying sorry might cause shock because of how rarely it happens. When was the last time a Government Minister said sorry when they were clearly wrong? When a company gives poor service, they use cold phrases like "it is regretted'' and then proceed to re-state their policy even though the policy may be wrong or wrongly applied; at other times it's just silence or, worse, open hostility. Recently, we had a parent jailed because he chose to hit a teacher for disciplining his child instead of confirming the facts and supporting the need for discipline.

(I just hope in a few years time that father doesn't have to cry outside a courtroom because their child was charged for a crime since they effectively learned how to be wrong-and-strong).

Perhaps we need to develop more positive ways of handling shame that doesn't lead to wrong-and-strong behaviour. It doesn't need to start from public officials; start at the family level and then demand apologies when folks do wrong.

Edmund Nigel Gall

London

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 01:04:04 AM »

Another letter could talk about 'How to accept an apology and move on.'

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2007, 02:41:36 AM »
 :applause: :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 07:28:06 AM »

I know where you going....

What about a letter on "maturity"
or
one about "definition of an apology"
or
one about "acceptance"
or
one about "MOVING ON"

i await your response.  :beermug:

truetrini

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 07:29:25 AM »
:applause: :applause:

yuh clapping like ah little bitch

yuh eh sorry fuh alluding dat saddist was me!

i feel yuh jockey shorts have rosette on dem
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:31:30 AM by truetrini »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2007, 07:41:33 AM »
Good post there Cana
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 07:43:27 AM »

or
or
one about "acceptance"
or
one about "MOVING ON"

if i may cana.
 i know alot of things may get lossed in translation over the net but that ahppens in person also.
if u have to define apology
write a letter about maturity, accpetance and moving on. then is it worth it
if as adults u eh have a basic grasp of those concepts then it to late.
if your an adult with kids and dont have agrasp of those concepts yuh children should be taken away.

all adults act immature at some time in different ways i think that is a necessity, but childishness different from immaturity (and ah not definig childish ;D).

It goes back to everybody have thier own opnion. The concern is how u express your beliefs and if u try to ram it down some ones throat subtly or forcefully.
some have th egift of tact other either have it and chose nto to use it or havent learnt the the art.

anywhere poeple assemble it will ahve conflict on some level, this thread getting realyreally s lly now, but i expect some very interesting points and views to come out so i will be looking on.

I think its more about tolerance of one anohter than maturity etc etc. however i also know somethings shouldnt be tolerated.
 :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:47:08 AM by THE Polished Hoe »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 08:25:31 AM »

or
or
one about "acceptance"
or
one about "MOVING ON"

if i may cana.
 i know alot of things may get lossed in translation over the net but that ahppens in person also.
if your an adult with kids and dont have agrasp of those concepts yuh children should be taken away.

all adults act immature at some time in different ways i think that is a necessity, but childishness different from immaturity (and ah not definig childish ;D).

It goes back to everybody have thier own opnion. The concern is how u express your beliefs and if u try to ram it down some ones throat subtly or forcefully.
some have th egift of tact other either have it and chose nto to use it or havent learnt the the art.

anywhere poeple assemble it will ahve conflict on some level, this thread getting realyreally s lly now, but i expect some very interesting points and views to come out so i will be looking on.

Thank you for your thoughts Hoe...
You throw some points...others i disagree with.

Let's forget about this thread for now, because i have no idea what happened in here, and honestly i don't want too.

If i may, let's take you and I for example....now before I get jam, ah just using ya handle.

We have known each other vitually for almost a year. We agree and more disagree within that year. I consider myself a strong minded woman. If i have my points to put on the table, I will and have put it down. You have the choice of accepting it or ignoring and move on.  Same with me. Why must there be a conflict between us because you don't like my points or how i put down my points ? I think that show your materity level or lack thereof. Can't we just talk ?

People apologize to me too, I generally do the accept them because they generally are heartfelt. Others I just view as words with nothing behind it, but I do move on.  Could this be some level of maturity also ?

Hoe I'll come in in here and post my thoughts, whether i'm right or wrong - it's been posted. I didn't come in here to TELL you to agree with me. That is your choice.  I would assume we all have a mind of our own to make our own decisions and not ride on what other people say.... well i hope so.

A question to you
Why should there be an acceptance to "conflict ?"

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2007, 08:33:49 AM »

or
or
one about "acceptance"
or
one about "MOVING ON"

if i may cana.

Let's forget about this thread for now, because i have no idea what happened in here, and honestly i don't want too.

If i may, let's take you and I for example....now before I get jam, ah just using ya handle.

We have known each other vitually for almost a year. We agree and more disagree within that year. I consider myself a strong minded woman. If i have my points to put on the table, I will and have put it down. You have the choice of accepting it or ignoring and move on.  Same with me. Why must there be a conflict between us because you don't like my points or how i put down my points ? I think that show your materity level or lack thereof. Can't we just talk ?

People apologize to me too, I generally do the accept them because they generally are heartfelt. Others I just view as words with nothing behind it, but I do move on.  Could this be some level of maturity also ?

Hoe I'll come in in here and post my thoughts, whether i'm right or wrong - it's been posted. I didn't come in here to TELL you to agree with me. That is your choice.  I would assume we all have a mind of our own to make our own decisions and not ride on what other people say.... well i hope so.

A question to you

i think because conflict is a natural process. We all have differing opinion right or worng good or bad. its inevitable that thier will eb conflict. and conflict can eb progressive and beneficial.
as i said i think its all about tolerance especially about views and ideas. u eh bound ot like the person.

as i see it if you dont want to have any conflict what so ever then u have to live as a hermit.
but even then u will ahve some conflict. anytime things interact there is conflict.
in an appempt to clarify..- we even have conflict with inanimate objects, when u tyrign to open a jar and u cant and u strianing and getting vex dais a conflict. 
accepting conflicts on certain levels is a necesity. maybe its how u go about it which is the key.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2007, 08:39:50 AM »

or
or
one about "acceptance"
or
one about "MOVING ON"

if i may cana.

A question to you

i think because conflict is a natural process. We all have differing opinion right or worng good or bad. its inevitable that thier will eb conflict. and conflict can eb progressive and beneficial.
as i said i think its all about tolerance especially about views and ideas. u eh bound ot like the person.

as i see it if you dont want to have any conflict what so ever then u have to live as a hermit.
but even then u will ahve some conflict. anytime things interact there is conflict.
in an appempt to clarify..- we even have conflict with inanimate objects, when u tyrign to open a jar and u cant and u strianing and getting vex dais a conflict. 
accepting conflicts on certain levels is a necesity. maybe its how u go about it which is the key.

hmmm
Then we should asked ourselves it is necessary, and what would be the postive outcome of it.  right ?
What happen, people just don't know how to converse with one another without 'rising' their voices ?
thats very sad, won't you say so ?

I can't see a 'conflict' being benefical. Benefical to who ?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 08:42:22 AM by TriniCana »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2007, 08:46:04 AM »

or
or
one about "acceptance"
or
one about "MOVING ON"

if i may cana.

A question to you

hmmm
Then we should asked ourselves it is necessary, and what would be the postive outcome of it.  right ?

I can't see a 'conflict' being benefical. Benefical to who ?

to everyone. mankind. alot of um necesary things came out fo conflict.
as i said i think the key is how we go baout dealing with the conflict..ie disagreements.
if you and person ahev a disagreement and u enter a ocnflict..say ha verbal sparing match..over somethign that is "small" then is it worth it to get to the pt on being down right dirty and an ass. or jus continuing the disccsuion albeit heated and trying to come to some resolution or even argreeing to disargee?
on the other hand on a large scale conflict it might be necesary to be as ruthless as possible and get it over and done with.
dais what i think.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2007, 08:50:23 AM »
alright...thanks for your thoughts.

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2007, 10:17:36 AM »
at least dat ended on ah fair note without conflict  :rotfl: :rotfl:
i agree wit d law enforcement ... n ah tink it's the job of us all (as a virtual family) 2 do d neighborhood watchin and report all crimes to d mods ...
it's jus my opinion ... dais all  :angel:
ADM

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2007, 10:37:02 AM »
at least dat ended on ah fair note without conflict  :rotfl: :rotfl:
i agree wit d law enforcement ... n ah tink it's the job of us all (as a virtual family) 2 do d neighborhood watchin and report all crimes to d mods ...
it's jus my opinion ... dais all  :angel:

girl, not all neighbours on the same page. so i'll say to you, not everybody that skin and grin with you is ya neighbour, so just watch your own backside.

and if necessary shoot to kill.  :beermug:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2007, 11:37:18 AM »
Ok..so ah read every response in dis thread...so is just one question left to ask?

Exactly who mudder in love wit de cucumber?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2007, 01:15:40 PM »
This thread is asnine, you're ugly too and you're mom is in love with a cucumber............is that trolling ;D ?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: all yuh is the worse oui

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2007, 01:36:50 PM »
Ok..so ah read every response in dis thread...so is just one question left to ask?

Exactly who mudder in love wit de cucumber?
de man mother..lol

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2007, 02:46:54 PM »
ah know ah real late eh
ah know allyuh does laugh at everything in here, but tell meh someting nah

that mother talk with ah cucumber wasssss ah joke or something serious ?

ah jus fass...allyuh excuse meh little bit eh.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2007, 02:51:52 PM »
ah know ah real late eh

lol he was tyring to say the thread sily and being scarstic
is what i think...
better yet instead of i asusming anyhtign better u ask de man who say it oui

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2007, 02:53:55 PM »
ah know ah real late eh

is what i think...

well me ain't want to assume and laugh as YET
so hopefully PantherX go answer meh.

nice

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2007, 06:38:44 PM »
ah know ah real late eh

is what i think...

nice

to put tings in perspective .. there were angry provocative posts in another thread .. I responded, TT  suggested that de mods delete dem, den dey got deleted.

Den I started dis post essentially appealing to de community to repsect the rules and guidelines.

PanterX replied and I decided to view his statement as an illustration on de definition of trolling.  He was "provoking me" by making comments about the thread, my appearance and my mother (and potentially my father).
In one shot he insulted me an my parents ...

hence his question .. is what he did trolling?
but his "grin" at the end suggested that he was making a joke and I chose to view it as such.

Maybe he did not see the posts dat get deleted by de mods so could not place did thread in context?

But since dis come up, I curious to see wat he go say.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2007, 07:28:25 PM »
ah know ah real late eh

is what i think...

nice

to put tings in perspective .. there were angry provocative posts in another thread .. I responded, TT  suggested that de mods delete dem, den dey got deleted.

Den I started dis post essentially appealing to de community to repsect the rules and guidelines.

PanterX replied and I decided to view his statement as an illustration on de definition of trolling.  He was "provoking me" by making comments about the thread, my appearance and my mother (and potentially my father).
In one shot he insulted me an my parents ...

hence his question .. is what he did trolling?
but his "grin" at the end suggested that he was making a joke and I chose to view it as such.

Maybe he did not see the posts dat get deleted by de mods so could not place did thread in context?

But since dis come up, I curious to see wat he go say.

I see...
thanks for the explaination...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2007, 08:28:34 PM »
any body love breadfruit?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>