April 23, 2024, 06:13:51 AM

Author Topic: CLICO Cup results  (Read 2476 times)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
CLICO Cup results
« on: March 24, 2007, 08:43:08 PM »
In the opening game of the mini-tournament, Jabloteh defeated St. Clair Coaching School a 3-0 margin. A brace by A. Wolfe, and a goal by #11 player (Maybe  ???Guerra ???). Wolfe may have been making a guest appearance.

Millwall Academy team defeated Tobago United 2-0 with goals by T. Killbey and M. Noone. Fellas them little boys from Millwall schooled Tobago United. :-[ :-[
Live large and prosper!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: CLICO Cup results
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 09:35:03 PM »
Jabloteh: Cleon John, Cyd Gray, Akeil Hardley, Karlon Murray, Ronald Primus, Elton John, Atulla Guerra, Wendell Joseph, Jason Marcano, Peter Byers and Anthony Wolfe.

Jabloteh started quite brightly and found the back of the net after only 4 minutes. It was ruled offside. In the 8th minute, a shot from just outside the box was turned onto the post by the Coaching School's custodian. The ball rebounded across the face of the goal, and Wolfe was first to react for an easy tap in. Five minutes later, Joseph played an excellent cross from the right side which was knocked down for another tap in finish for Wolfe. The Coaching School team looked very disorganized, and Jabloteh time and again would cut through their rearguard only to squander the opportunities created. Byers (Antiguan) was the chief culprit. When he was played through in the 18th minute with only the keeper to beat, he was denied. Two minutes later, he was smartly played in to the box, and skied his shot from 12 yds out. 0n half an hour, he had yet another one on one with the keeper and was denied yet again. The majority of the first half was played in Coaching Schools half of the field. The rare occasion when Coaching did get deep enough into the Jabloteh area, a shot from just outside the box, was chest trapped by the keeper ;D. Jabloteh created a few more gilt-edged chances that they failed to convert. At the half, the score was 2-0.

The resumption was delayed by about 20 minutes as they waited for the floodlights to come on.Five minutes into the second half, Coaching School finally found their way through the Jabloteh's defence. # 8 found space behind fullback Primus and crossed dangerously into the box. It was fisted away by the keeper under heavy pressure from the #5 striker. The game was much more even in the second half. Jabloteh continued to create chances, but coaching school were also get their fair share. Wolfe and Byers were the chief culprits for Jabloteh. The stream of substitutes started about the 65th minute mark, but the quality of the game rapidly descended. The outstanding players for Coaching School were the #7, #8 and the goalkeeper.

Note: The games were filmed, and should be posted on the Pro League's website.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 09:38:06 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 09:53:57 PM »
Thanks for the updates doc.  Greatly appreciated.

Any reason why both Coaching School and Tobago United were so much outplayed?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 10:15:03 PM »
The more I inquire about Tobago United, the less I feel like speaking about them. In short, they may not really be a professional outfit. I made a comment recently about Dwayne Jack and URP. Today I found out that a couple of the players played in the Plymouth League yesterday. I saw Keith the former youth coach, and all he would offer is that he is no longer a part of that team. Terry Williams was on the bench today with Granno, and I was told that a couple of the players play for Phoenix. Of course we have the Caanan League going on to ;D However, at the end of the day, Tobago United doesn't appear to be building anything, but the owners may have found or created a "cash cow". The overall quality and patterns of their play were poor. One recognizable new face is Collie Hurcules (if we can call him new). The maiden win looks even more remote for them... can I say Guinness Book :devil:

Coaching School on the other hand speeded up their play in the second hald and were also less direct, hence the got more of the ball which resulted in more opportunities created. On the defensive side of the ball they are poorly organised. To be fair to them, they may be in the very early stages of their season's preparation, if at all. Their players were visibly tired.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:18:01 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 10:48:42 PM »
Collie Hercules!!!. He is from Guy. Played for a couple teams in the proleague.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 07:22:00 AM »
Much Apreciated Doc !!

Collie Hercules is about 40 now ? see if you can get they full team for me Doc...

Thanx.

Millwall may take a few Jabloteh players back with them...

Clico Cup 2007

Match Day One
Saturday 24th March 2007
Dwight Yorke Stadium, Tobago
San Juan Jabloteh 3 vs 0 St Clair Coaching School – 5pm
Millwall FC 2 vs 0 Tobago United – 7pm

Match Day Two
Monday 26th March 2007
San Juan Jabloteh vs Tobago United – 5pm
Millwall FC vs St Clair Coaching School – 7pm

Match Day Three
Wednesday 28th March 2007
Tobago United vs St Clair Coaching School – 5pm
San Juan Jabloteh vs Millwall FC – 7 pm
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 07:28:06 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 09:28:44 AM »
Well praise the lord for SW.net (and Digicel wireless internet) because i right here in Tobago, less than 5 mins away from the DY Stadium and I ent know all this going on. How many people attended these games ????

Offline Jamesgk1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 10:54:01 AM »
HI Doc,

U dont have any contact info for Peter Granville ...email or telephone??

mb

James

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 10:56:12 AM »
HI Doc,

U dont have any contact info for Peter Granville ...email or telephone??

mb

James

I don't, but I'd see if I can get it for you.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Jamesgk1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 11:00:39 AM »
HI nDoc,

Thanks

Its i am wanting to come back and play in Trini or Tobago and i was out there in October with Superstar Rangers... so any help would be appreciated

James

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 01:03:51 PM »
I saw him last night having a drink at a bar(coke).

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 09:05:19 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 12:45:48 PM »
WHAT ABOUT VIDEO FROM JABLOTEH AND MILLWALL
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 12:50:22 PM by grskywalker »

1]; } ?>