March 29, 2024, 06:24:22 AM

Author Topic: UNC Thread  (Read 29565 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UNC Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2015, 04:11:02 PM »
doh tink vasant  has real appeal with d UNC base ......I feel who reject kamla will choose moonilal it have ah element in d unc goh gravitate to he like a moth to a flame

Time will tell. Right now there is no clear winner. I myself cyah predict who will win at the moment

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2015, 04:13:03 PM »
It's now a 3 man race for the leadership of the United National Congress. ..this following the announcement by Vasant Bharath that he will challenge the current leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar for the post of political leader.
 And he also announced that after Divali, he will announce his slate. But the question is now, will he resign his post as an opposition senator?... See Video https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153680722230610/

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2015, 06:43:08 PM »

Well look ting here eh   :D who woulda ever believe all of dem in this pic would be fighting in a dog fight today :rotfl:

Caption this https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/posts/10153752916032996:0

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2015, 08:14:37 AM »

Well look ting here eh   :D who woulda ever believe all of dem in this pic would be fighting in a dog fight today :rotfl:

some ah dem jurnos real vex d sweet pay day done......or maybe not....dey still trollin hard
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2015, 04:18:27 PM »

JUST IN: Stacy Roopnarine the Chairperson of the UNC's Women’s Arm has thrown her support behind Vasant Bharath for Political Leader of the UNC

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2015, 07:35:08 PM »

As Cro Cro said..."Its Amazing how people can change."

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2015, 07:37:54 PM »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2015, 12:55:39 PM »
Ok so we have Gopeesingh in full suport of Moonilal

then we have Fuad Khan and Stacy Roopnarine in full support of Vasant

I believe Ganga Singh, Clifton De Coteau and Marisa Ramdial supporting Kamla

Regardless who wins I see some major tension between sitting UNC Parliament members and other senior UNC leaders going forward. Should be interesting. 

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »
VIDEO REPORT;  http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/-Kamla-Reveals-UNC-Election-Slate--2514---351980571.html

Kamla Reveals UNC Election Slate

Some unexpected names have been left out from Kamla Persad-Bissessar's slate in the UNC's upcoming leadership elections, notably, Suruj Rambachan and Rodney Charles and she dissociates the line-up from any perceived cabal. As the former Prime Minister campaigns to retain leadership of the party she led to defeat in the general election, she refers to hypocrites seeking to boot her out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2015, 07:07:13 AM »
Election Day less than ah week leh we so what will happen. Kamla, Money-lal or Bar-rat? 😎

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2015, 04:48:50 PM »
The incumbent Political Leader, Kamla Persad-Bissessar, has told party supporters that she's upset to see members of her former Cabinet run against her and challenge her capability and credibility. See Video https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153720689575610/

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2015, 07:49:25 PM »

Preliminary Results coming in
Kamla Persad Bissessar 1684
Roodal Moonilal 184
Vasant Bharath 138

so it look like Kamla will win, eh we see what will happen

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2015, 07:51:17 AM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »
She is baaaaaack!!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2015, 06:48:00 PM »
She is baaaaaack!!!!

now we know for sure the UNC die hards not ready to let her go  :D

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »
seems there was never real competition for the post. sad as she was a terrible PM and inefficient as the opposition.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 07, 2015, 04:40:03 AM »
Wonder if she deity status win out, or d recognition dat moonilal not going to take d party nowhere?
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2015, 07:05:49 AM »
look d election also have bacchanal....claims of fraud and rigging all over d papers and news sights.....dese people can't even have an election dat even even gives d appearance of being above board and dem what to run a country good riddance to dem oui.....

.....of more concern is what are we too do if Rowley start playin d ass...because I don't want she and dat band of crooks no where near d treasury ever again
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Ballots Dumped: UNC Elections papers found in River
« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2015, 08:58:27 PM »
Ballots Dumped: UNC Elections papers found in River
UNC election irregularities upset Moonilal

Published: Monday, December 7, 2015 (T&T Guardian)

Ronnie Ramdeen shows United National Congress election papers which were found at Petrotrin’s Katwaroo Dam, Katwaroo Trace, Penal, yesterday. Challengers Dr Roodal Moonilal and Vasant Bharath are highlighting other alleged irregularities in Saturday’s internal elections.
PHOTOS: RISHI RAGOONATH.

Defeated leadership candidate Dr Roodal Moonilal is challenging the fairness of Saturday’s United National Congress (UNC) internal election, saying it was riddled with fraud and irregularities.

His claim came after over a dozen blank ballot papers were found on the bank of the Katwaroo Dam in Penal yesterday.

According to Moonilal, who led the Loyalists team, there were also reports of people seen with ballot papers outside polling stations in Central Trinidad, poor quality ink which could be wiped off, members’ names appearing several times on one list and in some cases the same names appearing in several constituencies. He said there were also instances where members were allowed to vote although their names were not on the voters’ list, while in some stations members whose names were not on the list but had a party card were not allowed to vote. Moonilal said his team also had a photograph of someone removing a ballot box from a polling station around 1 pm on Saturday, claiming that it was full and needed to be replaced. He said spoilt ballots were counted in Fyzabad.

“The overall assessment is that it was not fair and it was not free. The list was terribly inappropriate and that may have led to mass fraud,” Moonilal told the T&T Guardian in a telephone interview yesterday.

“I am not arguing that if all of the defects were taken that we would have been successful. Maybe the results would have been the same, but what this does is undermine the integrity and credibility of the system, and regrettably the persons who have won by this flawed process.”

During an interview last month, Moonilal had also raised concerns about the freeness and fairness of the election, saying that a member of the election committee had participated in a strategy meeting for re-elected political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar. Although the member subsequently resigned, he charged that several of Persad-Bissessar’s team members were presiding officers at the election.

Yesterday, he added, “We had very serious concerns at a time, particularly about the list. We were complaining for weeks about the lists, with several people’s names appearing three and four times.

“On election day, when you connect the dots and the vanishing ink, from ever since we have been involved in elections in this country, we have used a red ink that stays on your finger for days, sometimes weeks.” Although he was undecided on whether court action would follow, he said his attorneys were taking statements from witnesses.

He acknowledged Persad-Bissessar’s victory with over 15,000 votes, but questioned whether the result would have been the same if not for the irregularities.

“At this stage I cannot say whether or not we will embark on any court action, but certainly the party needs to take stock. We have to look at some of the statements we have from persons. You can only take court action if you have the requisite statements properly done,” he said.

“Court action cannot be on the basis of hearsay, it must be done in the basis of information that is presented by those persons who have witnessed wrong doing.”

Moonilal also questioned election committee chairman Rampersad Parasam’s claim that the ink used in the election was the same used by the Elections and Boundaries Commission. On Saturday, Moonilal demonstrated how easily the ink was removed from his finger using a “Wet Wipe.”

Calls to Persad-Bissessar’s phone yesterday went unanswered and she did not return calls or messages left.

Future uncertain

As to his future relationship with Persad-Bissessar, Moonilal said he had worked with her during her time as prime minister and Opposition Leader so nothing would change. He said he was also careful not to attack her during his campaign.

“I have worked with the Opposition Leader before as prime minister and shortly as Opposition Leader. Nothing will change and I was careful on the platform not to be attacking her. I have never raised issues of personality, that is not my kind of politics,” he said.

“We gave a vision and a programme for the party. In a sense, the Opposition leader, not withstanding how unfair the process was, has to continue to provide the leadership and I wish her the best with her new team.”

Although he expressed little confidence in the new executive, he said he would give his support. As for his role in the party, now that he is no longer an executive member but continues as the Oropouche East MP, he said, “I continue to represent my constituency in Parliament. I continue my parliamentary work. I have been in the party for many years as an officer, so that type of work will cease but I continue to hold on as a UNC member and supporter as much as I can.

“You have to give the new members of the executive, however unfair the process was to put them there, the space and the latitude to contribute as best they can. We don't have confidence in this new executive, but they have gone through a lot to be there and they must be given the latitude to make a contribution if that can.”
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:12:10 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2015, 09:05:42 PM »

Moonilal not going down easy boi   ;D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2015, 04:21:18 PM »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2015, 06:11:15 PM »
these people so power hungry I won't put it pass dem (ones complaining) to have purposely done this. their problem is.. dey eh know how to take ah cutass and regroup. same blasted thing with the general elections.

hoping Dr Rowley and team can work on the crime situation in the next 4 so these fackers doh get ah sniff at leading again.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2016, 06:26:55 PM »

Vasant Bharath: UNC is a dysfunctional party

WATCH: http://www.cnc3.co.tt/morning-brew/vasant-bharath-unc-dysfunctional-party

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2016, 04:08:45 PM »

UNC gets walking papers

http://www.looptt.com/content/unc-gets-walking-papers

The United National Congress (UNC) has been ordered to vacate its Rienzi Complex headquarters by July 31.

This, as the landlord said the party refused to meet the new rent requirement.

The $12,000 rent was raised to $25,000.

The property is owned by the All Trinidad General Workers’ Trade Union (ATGWTU).

Former UNC Chairman Jack Warner issued this statement via his Facebook page following the news of the party’s eviction:

“I empathise with the United National Congress (UNC), they having been evicted from the headquarters they have occupied since inception - Rienzi Complex - by the All Trinidad General Workers' Trade Union (ATGWU) which provided the base for the birthing of the party under Basdeo Panday in 1989.

I am informed that the ATGWU increased the rent for the property and the UNC is unable to pay the new amount, thus the UNC on Thursday was asked to vacate Rienzi Complex. The UNC has also been prohibited from holding functions, meetings and other exercises at Rienzi Complex, hence it's screening exercises had to be conducted in Siparia.
How the mighty is falling, and how swiftly so! What a contrast to the magnificent days of the past!

I wish them well in their return to glory.”

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2016, 09:06:16 AM »
So.
After all the money getting redirect to financiers.
After all who build house....buy land...wash money...do this that the other.

UNC eh even think to build a building? Hm.

However it is wickedness to just double a rent with basically no notice.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2016, 09:33:06 AM »
So.
After all the money getting redirect to financiers.
After all who build house....buy land...wash money...do this that the other.

UNC eh even think to build a building? Hm.

However it is wickedness to just double a rent with basically no notice.

It happens all the time to the small man so not a tear will be shed.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2016, 07:17:46 PM »

High Court dismisses UNC election petitions

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/high-court-dismisses-unc-election-petitions

High Court Judge Justice Mira Dean-Armorer has dismissed the United National Congress’ (UNC) election petition matters.

The ruling was delivered just before 3pm at the Hall of Justice.

The decision means that the results of the 2015 elections stand.

On making her ruling, Justice Dean-Amourer ruled that the EBC had indeed acted illegally in extending the polls, but says it was not enough to invalidate the results.

She said in her ruling: "Torrential rains and flooding on the 7th September 2015, may have impelled the EBC to issue the directive which they did. Nonetheless, the uncontrollable weather conditions did not confer on the EBC the power to direct that the law be broken.

"The EBC, itself a creature of statute, ought at all times to abide by the clear dictates of the law and ought not to purport to dispense with those dictates even if faced with an apparently insurmountable problem.

"Accordingly, it is my view and I hold that the extension of the poll on the 7th September, 2015 was illegal and election officers who failed to close the poll at 6.00pm acted in breach of Section 27(1) of the Election Rules obedience to which is required by Section 35(1) of the ROPA."

In dismissing the petition, she added: "I have, in these Petitions, strove to hold the balance to protect the will of the majority while ensuring that the patent mistakes have not reduced the election of 2015 to a mere sham.

"For reasons stated supra, it has been my view that the election of 2015 in Trinidad and Tobago were substantially in accordance with the prescribed law and it does not appear to me that the breaches affected the result. It is therefore my view and I hold that the Petition should be and is hereby dismissed."

The UNC has indicated that they will appeal the ruling.

The UNC had asked the High Court to declare the September 7th, 2015 results in the constituencies of Toco/Sangre Grande, Tunapuna, St Joseph, San Fernando West, and Moruga/Tableland null and void because of what, it says, was an illegal decision by the Elections and Boundaries Commission (EBC) to grant an additional hour for voting in Trinidad due to bad weather.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2016, 12:48:38 PM »

High Court dismisses UNC election petitions

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/high-court-dismisses-unc-election-petitions

High Court Judge Justice Mira Dean-Armorer has dismissed the United National Congress’ (UNC) election petition matters.

The ruling was delivered just before 3pm at the Hall of Justice.

The decision means that the results of the 2015 elections stand.

On making her ruling, Justice Dean-Amourer ruled that the EBC had indeed acted illegally in extending the polls, but says it was not enough to invalidate the results.

She said in her ruling: "Torrential rains and flooding on the 7th September 2015, may have impelled the EBC to issue the directive which they did. Nonetheless, the uncontrollable weather conditions did not confer on the EBC the power to direct that the law be broken.

"The EBC, itself a creature of statute, ought at all times to abide by the clear dictates of the law and ought not to purport to dispense with those dictates even if faced with an apparently insurmountable problem.

"Accordingly, it is my view and I hold that the extension of the poll on the 7th September, 2015 was illegal and election officers who failed to close the poll at 6.00pm acted in breach of Section 27(1) of the Election Rules obedience to which is required by Section 35(1) of the ROPA."

In dismissing the petition, she added: "I have, in these Petitions, strove to hold the balance to protect the will of the majority while ensuring that the patent mistakes have not reduced the election of 2015 to a mere sham.

"For reasons stated supra, it has been my view that the election of 2015 in Trinidad and Tobago were substantially in accordance with the prescribed law and it does not appear to me that the breaches affected the result. It is therefore my view and I hold that the Petition should be and is hereby dismissed."

The UNC has indicated that they will appeal the ruling.

The UNC had asked the High Court to declare the September 7th, 2015 results in the constituencies of Toco/Sangre Grande, Tunapuna, St Joseph, San Fernando West, and Moruga/Tableland null and void because of what, it says, was an illegal decision by the Elections and Boundaries Commission (EBC) to grant an additional hour for voting in Trinidad due to bad weather.

Another victory for the UNC
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »
usain has to be the fastest on earth to hav avoiedd d blight kamla almost put on him  lol

1]; } ?>