April 19, 2024, 01:16:08 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guadeloupe game  (Read 29633 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guadeloupe game
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2007, 06:11:53 AM »
Check this,ah no ah loss is ah loss and a draw is ah draw and ah win is ah win,but why we always have to be fighting to win or draw ah game,is like we always in the drama zone,I would've prefered a team that dominated the region a team other countries in our region would fear,oh shit meh wife just wake meh up,she say ah talking in meh sleep...............

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2007, 06:23:47 AM »
So yall ready to accept a loss against Guadeloupe??

We got 5 from Guad last year with our full squad......remember?..... Now follow me here...........we have a young, inexperienced squad, most playing away from home for the first time and scoring two against guad. Its either 1) these players are vastly superior to the WC players under Bertille or 2) the coach is vastly superior........
which one do you think it is.....1 or 2 ...multiple choice here...hint....it aint #1.

Ah find allyuh letting sub1 off easy on this one.  One minute he calling out SM post as the dumbest of the year next thing yuh know he posting about Guatemala on a Guadeloupe thread like he don't know the difference  :o  :rotfl:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2007, 07:12:24 AM »
well arrow...thats why he is a "sub"

thanks toussaint....haiti i'm sorry
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2007, 07:26:30 AM »
we are a world cup side  >:(
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2007, 07:42:44 AM »
Yuh know all yuh worrying mih on dis forum....

we are a world cup side >:(

NOT DIS BUNCH......

Let's look at the positives

We eh loose

First game overseas with Wim we eh loose

We came back from 2 goals down.

yeah keep in mind that Guadeloupe is VERY tough to score on at home. they crushed Martinique 4-0 during their Digicel Caribbean Cup first round group match
Martinique shit team Gaudeloupe shit team.

Also, any body who posting here actually saw Guadeloupe play in the Digicel Cup?.....they were one of the better sides in de tournament....

Also, I realise dat folks eh waking up and smelling de coffee.....just as countries around de world playing a much better brand of football so much so that there aren't many "walk over" teams at the WC (think Ghana, Senegal, Cameroons).......Well, the same has been happening in the Caribbean, while we (Jackula & de TTFF) have been playing de arse wid we football, our Caribbean brothers and sisters have been doing their home work, toiling upwards through de night......

Again, wake up folks (Jackula & de TTFF in specific) without we overseas players, we aint no powerhouse.....

Now ah eh see de game with mih own 2 eyes.....but I am happy with de result......
Also, for the "fire Wim Campaigners"......yuh ever went to work (or school) without the right tools (or none at all) and tried to get some work done....it kinda difficult aint it??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2007, 09:53:10 AM »
i was just singing a song...thanks again toussaint
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2007, 12:21:01 PM »
We got 5 from Guad last year with our full squad......remember?..... Now follow me here...........we have a young, inexperienced squad, most playing away from home for the first time and scoring two against guad. Its either 1) these players are vastly superior to the WC players under Bertille or 2) the coach is vastly superior........
which one do you think it is.....1 or 2 ...multiple choice here...hint....it aint #1.

:rotfl: sub1 do you actually know who we played?  :rotfl:  Can you process words past the first 3 letters?   :rotfl:

Edit:
Arright that might not be funny if he have a learning disability.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 12:38:50 PM by Peong »

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »
We trinis like to make too much excuse the fact is we suppose to beat them because even if its a young team its a team playing professional football in Trinidad something that Guadeloupe players would not have and allyuh comming with some stupidness how them beat we 5 nil already we suppose to be moving forward not be contented with a poor performance.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2007, 02:22:18 PM »
We trinis like to make too much excuse the fact is we suppose to beat them because even if its a young team its a team playing professional football in Trinidad something that Guadeloupe players would not have and allyuh comming with some stupidness how them beat we 5 nil already we suppose to be moving forward not be contented with a poor performance.

How you know it was a poor performance?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2007, 02:50:54 PM »

Palos based on what I read in the media...Guadlope scored two early goals in the game..{that could have been easily avoided}.....Now I'm assuming you are a passionate T&t football fan...so with that being said...Are you content with this team performance in Guadelope?
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2007, 03:08:31 PM »

Palos based on what I read in the media...Guadlope scored two early goals in the game..{that could have been easily avoided}.....Now I'm assuming you are a passionate T&t football fan...so with that being said...Are you content with this team performance in Guadelope?

See i think your problem problemjaydees, is your not looking at the big picture. First of all, in football a team can put out a good performance and outperform the other team, while still losing, or tying in this case.

Second, you might say our defence in this case, was the least experienced and weakest, out of the other positions.

Finally, and i think this was the point i was trying to drive home in the first place. Trini players have a problem with complacency. To fight back from two goals down the way they did, shows we are well moving away from that problem. In this sense, we did extremely well. Not to mention, as has been before by many other posters, this team is inexperienced, individually in some cases, and as a whole gel unit.

Bless

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2007, 03:09:25 PM »

Sound like the team from the media report actually had the better of the exchanges during the match.  I prefer to draw my own conclusions whenever possible though as depending on the media involved, there could be a degree of bias involved in the reporting.

To answer your question, all things considered, I'm quite satisfied with the RESULT.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
  • Allez Le Rouge et Bleu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2007, 07:15:47 AM »
          I'm a Haitian fan and i think Haiti, T&T, Jamaica, and Cuba all have the resources to do well internationally. The difference with the soca warriors is their team is completely BRAND NEW. It doesn't matter so much that their young, it's just that if the squad which represented T&T at the world cup were still playing internationally then most of the current squad wouldn't even have gotten a shot. And most fans aren't helping the situation either.

For this squad to become more successful they need to find their own identity and get away from the ridicule they receive because they can't live up to their predecessors. The good news about saturday was that the soca warriors were playing away from home and they need to do alot more of that. Away games always help and i'm not saying that cuz i'm Haitian and most of all our games are away but it's the truth. Jamaica for example hasn't won an away game since October of 2005.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2007, 08:39:26 AM »
          I'm a Haitian fan and i think Haiti, T&T, Jamaica, and Cuba all have the resources to do well internationally. The difference with the soca warriors is their team is completely BRAND NEW. It doesn't matter so much that their young, it's just that if the squad which represented T&T at the world cup were still playing internationally then most of the current squad wouldn't even have gotten a shot. And most fans aren't helping the situation either.

For this squad to become more successful they need to find their own identity and get away from the ridicule they receive because they can't live up to their predecessors. The good news about saturday was that the soca warriors were playing away from home and they need to do alot more of that. Away games always help and i'm not saying that cuz i'm Haitian and most of all our games are away but it's the truth. Jamaica for example hasn't won an away game since October of 2005.
I agree with you but i doh think d present crop of players will be in gold cup only a few, i think Wim still searchin for who can play at d higher level hopefully all our players would be available for d tornament.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2007, 12:16:02 AM »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2007, 02:51:12 AM »
can't see the post  ??? ??? Eman
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2007, 06:19:36 AM »
Good Mornin Ball Jumbies,

The team look very young in the pix. How many of them can be on the U-23 for Olimpic qualifying which may start soon. By the way, how many of you Jumbies on this forum  believe  football Olimpic very is very important. At least get the team in frame of mind for the WC.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2007, 06:20:37 AM »
Not at work ah go try it out when ah get home
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly