April 19, 2024, 09:48:39 PM

Author Topic: Are we sending that sh!ty squad to the Gold Cup???  (Read 6549 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Are we sending that sh!ty squad to the Gold Cup???
« on: March 26, 2007, 01:13:43 PM »
If so, im not wasting anytime spending money if the TTFF cyah give Carlos Edwards, Jason Scotland, Kenwyne Jones, any better Keeper than we got now, etc. ah bligh.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are we sending that sh!ty squad to the Gold Cup???
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 01:18:14 PM »
Men have to creep before they run. The problem we having is that alot of the team creepng. I wouldn't call anybody who make that side more than once shitty. I made that mistake with Cyd Gray and look how the man developed. Medford was Cyd daddy but somebody see something and play the man and now he is an important assest to the team. We fighting down our players all the time.

I jsut wish that they could be developed outside of the national team at the club level or junior level or something. That ain't happen so we paying for it right now.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 01:32:48 PM »
 i was wrong against Cyd Gray too.  De man run things in the world cup. but i dont want to get embarass any more with 5-0 losses. When will we develop the depth and standard of TnT football

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 01:35:30 PM »
Men have to creep before they run. The problem we having is that alot of the team creepng. I wouldn't call anybody who make that side more than once shitty. I made that mistake with Cyd Gray and look how the man developed. Medford was Cyd daddy but somebody see something and play the man and now he is an important assest to the team. We fighting down our players all the time.

I jsut wish that they could be developed outside of the national team at the club level or junior level or something. That ain't happen so we paying for it right now.
  :D :D rippin you aint answer d man question yuh know :) but i get your point. Ah really hoping is not tht team tht play Saturday  :(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 01:37:22 PM »

:D :D rippin you aint answer d man question yuh know :) but i get your point. Ah really hoping is not tht team tht play Saturday  :(

Me too, im praying

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 01:40:15 PM »
I think mostl likey the team that trainig is the team that going.
i eh hear nuttin bout any forgein based players coming any where. so
is either allyuh wanna go watch the team or not
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 01:49:28 PM »
is eedah yuh supporting the team or not. True is yuh money spending, and not the players you may not want tuh see......buh wha colours dey go be wearing ahgain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 02:14:14 PM »
I think mostl likey the team that trainig is the team that going.
i eh hear nuttin bout any forgein based players coming any where. so
is either allyuh wanna go watch the team or not
Say it aint so. but remember d foriegn based cah train now dey with there clubs
Youtube Channel

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 02:17:16 PM »
is eedah yuh supporting the team or not. True is yuh money spending, and not the players you may not want tuh see......buh wha colours dey go be wearing ahgain.

Ent ? is like man have players doh go pull outta they back pocket in ah timin ! I with you on this yes

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 02:27:47 PM »
i going to that game in boston....big name players or not.....allyuh doh think negative....i feel carlos an dem go be dey.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 02:32:42 PM »
i going to that game in boston....big name players or not.....allyuh doh think negative....i feel carlos an dem go be dey.
Well said keep d faith
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 02:33:06 PM »
yea,,,but cyd make his debut next to latas,yorke,stern.....it was not a local squad because of a pay dispute...how we letting this get away boy...anybody for a hunger strike infront the TTFF??...i serious
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 03:02:58 PM »
Oh gosh allyuh dont have to labell the players like dat!..The youth dem went and give dem best for the country, so think twice before yuh call dem shitty...These same players could be future stars of our national team...I used to call Scotland shity but the man make meh bite meh tongue now...With all that being said..I dont think this team is ready for the Gold Cup yet and like I said before..young players become better when playing with better and experiece players...so the TTFF cyah jus expect these young players to become better without the experience players..
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 03:54:33 PM »
This is A LOT MORE than palyers being "shitty."

This is about the TTFF spiting certain players because they had the testical fortitude to stand up for themselves.

And if we blindly support a second string team at the GC, It means that JW and Camps get away with it.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 03:55:53 PM »
yea,,,but cyd make his debut next to latas,yorke,stern.....it was not a local squad because of a pay dispute...how we letting this get away boy...anybody for a hunger strike infront the TTFF??...i serious
TRUE If u dont have them pros in the mix, they squad cant step they game up

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 03:58:24 PM »
I agree wid de man and dem......as die hard warriors we must still wake up and smell de judgement cofee.....Dem brodders really aint ready for dat level ah football.....and I doh tink at dat level we still hadda be teaching men to control de ball and make a proper pass.....Dem fellas have limited composure....and dem who have it - have too much (dey want to flare up dey hand in de air to trap and den make a lofted pass dong de field where it have a glimpse ah red.....Why we cyah play one or two touch football like de south americans or like meh boys Denzil and Harddest....  If everybody play dat brand where de ball doing de talking after one or two touch....MAN is trouble for dem side and dem........

And for de frighten forumites, doh dig no horrors, cause dem foreign base footballers go be available for de cup.....but now is ah scene for dem.....So doh dig nutting,

Member meh tell yuh!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 08:24:04 PM »
Carlos go be dey he eh get blacklist as he is the weak link in the chain. He eh suing Jack and dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 08:33:48 PM »
We better use our strongest side in the cup  because we will be embarrased with the yutes

my gold cup side

--Jack--

--Cyd--           --Sancho---                --Lawrence---         --A.John--

--Carlos--         --Birchall--              --Spann/Theobald--      --Sammy--

--Jones--               ---God 14---

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 03:13:28 AM »

This may not be the best team we have by some stretch , but calling dem " Sh!tty " can not be the way to describe them.

Breds if you and your pardners could play better than these youths , then you deserve the right to call dem anything you want, but to prove that yuh have go out on the field of play.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 05:15:25 AM »
Carlos go be dey he eh get blacklist as he is the weak link in the chain. He eh suing Jack and dem

Carlos is the weak link??

Please explain?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 05:48:47 AM »

Just say when....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 05:51:45 AM »

Carlos is the weak link??

Please explain?

VB

Ah think she meant because he didn't put his name on de list of players suing de TTFF, he is de weak link in dat regard....most certainly not on de field.....so de TTFF like he right now and fuh sure goh be in de Gold Cup.....
Correct mih if ah wrong Weary....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 06:52:57 AM »
 I personally doh mind what side get sent to the Gold Cup... I wasn't a fan of Wim(I think everybody could confirm that) but, that was mostly based on his mouth after not getting results... However I think that giving inexperienced players a bligh(Even it is because he have no other choice) now is very beneficial to Our Football...Win, Draw or Lose these guys learn how to play at a higher level and that is very valuable for the future when we will definitely need that experience from them....I think calling them sh!tty is very stupid because there is always room for improvement...I really think is another case of 'fight-down'...Credit to Wim(triniman could call me on this one ;D) but I think is a step forward...I was glad to see young fellas like Silas Spann make the squad...Personally I think T&T needs consistent defenders and usually defenders learn the trade from experience...They will get better because next game they play if they get pick they will say to themselves "I have to concentrate more because the last time, a goal score when I didn't"...Is really a test of the mind...Saying these guys can't control and pass is foolish(Because I think they can)...Of course they can...To control and pass when your legs tired...Or when you now make a big run...Or when you now make a mistake...Or in the 70min after a man now run you ragged....Is totally different....That is the lapse...Concentration at all times...Something which need to be improved generally in Our game....Brazilians, Englishmen, French men, Argentines make mistakes but the concentration level is always high....The thing is that their junior levels take care of that and we now have to wait to play internationals to improve things like that(just how it is)...I not saying they are not technical issues but experience is more improtant right now...Players at all levels can improve their technique(Just ask Thierry henry and Didier Drogba)...Fellas as much as I think Wim needs to shut up more and do his job, I trust him and support him on this one
....Go T&T

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 06:56:47 AM »
I personally doh mind what side get sent to the Gold Cup... I wasn't a fan of Wim(I think everybody could confirm that) but, that was mostly based on his mouth after not getting results... However I think that giving inexperienced players a bligh(Even it is because he have no other choice) now is very beneficial to Our Football...Win, Draw or Lose these guys learn how to play at a higher level and that is very valuable for the future when we will definitely need that experience from them....I think calling them sh!tty is very stupid because there is always room for improvement...I really think is another case of 'fight-down'...Credit to Wim(triniman could call me on this one ;D) but I think is a step forward...I was glad to see young fellas like Silas Spann make the squad...Personally I think T&T needs consistent defenders and usually defenders learn the trade from experience...They will get better because next game they play if they get pick they will say to themselves "I have to concentrate more because the last time, a goal score when I didn't"...Is really a test of the mind...Saying these guys can't control and pass is foolish(Because I think they can)...Of course they can...To control and pass when your legs tired...Or when you now make a big run...Or when you now make a mistake...Or in the 70min after a man now run you ragged....Is totally different....That is the lapse...Concentration at all times...Something which need to be improved generally in Our game....Brazilians, Englishmen, French men, Argentines make mistakes but the concentration level is always high....The thing is that their junior levels take care of that and we now have to wait to play internationals to improve things like that(just how it is)...I not saying they are not technical issues but experience is more improtant right now...Players at all levels can improve their technique(Just ask Thierry henry and Didier Drogba)...Fellas as much as I think Wim needs to shut up more and do his job, I trust him and support him on this one
....Go T&T

I dont think this team is ready for the Gold Cup yet and like I said before..young players become better when playing with better and experience players...so the TTFF cyah jus expect these young players to become better without the experience players..
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 07:00:55 AM »
problemjaydeess  I understand what you saying and that they would get better with the foreign players but I doh think is a big fuss ...And I think if we could we should still support the team no matter who plays

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 07:18:27 AM »
leh we jes rock back and see yes!...between now an then anything would (not could) but would happen regarding the team selection. I for one expecting to see some of our overseas players in the squad....de blending continues

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 07:22:58 AM »
Alyuh watch nah i aint prepared to see no young team go gold cup and get cut arse this is a tornament for our first team. Alyuh think usa commin with a young inexperience team
Youtube Channel

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 08:06:43 AM »
Well here are some things to keep in mind the US team has played three times for the year and the results are as follows

January 20th US VS DENMARK
                    3            1

February 7th  US VS MEXICO
                     2          0

March 25th    US vs Equador
                     3          1

They are playing Guatemala and finally China before the Gold Cup

I hope Wim have a system and plan in place because we seem to be struggling to get results, so I hope there is really a plan to have our overseas players because it's cut ass for sure

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 09:02:30 AM »
Football in T&T will continue to be the way it is because nobody have a clue as to what they want,people try trying to put plasters on sores to suit their needs,excuses with no end,sometimes i feel like we all support the TTFF,how one Minuit you could be for the next Minuit you against.

These guys took a stand weather they sign or not the team took a stand,if individuals did not sign then we never had a team in the first place,if they took a stand they should be man enough to stand up,that's where we failing all the time,i've always said we don't have people with the balls to stand up to the TTFF,don't be begging anybody to play, if they think you should you will,stand up guys stand up for your rights,we have tried this for years and it never worked may be it will work this time(please don't play).

It hurts me to hear people calling our players "shitty", it's really a different time i never thought our Football would have reached to this level,no Government,Sponsorship,Adds etc etc could bring back Football in the country unless our mentality changes.Football in all those islands getting better because the people support it,imagine St Kitts/Guyana was never even heard off in the Football world.What beats me is that you hear so much from the foreign nationals and nothing from people at home,what is it they doing.It simple who don't want to see "shitty" players keep your money in your pocket because i heard by the end of the Digicel Cup the stadium was half full and the same players played.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 09:20:37 AM »
Football in T&T will continue to be the way it is because nobody have a clue as to what they want,people try trying to put plasters on sores to suit their needs,excuses with no end,sometimes i feel like we all support the TTFF,how one Minuit you could be for the next Minuit you against.

These guys took a stand weather they sign or not the team took a stand,if individuals did not sign then we never had a team in the first place,if they took a stand they should be man enough to stand up,that's where we failing all the time,i've always said we don't have people with the balls to stand up to the TTFF,don't be begging anybody to play, if they think you should you will,stand up guys stand up for your rights,we have tried this for years and it never worked may be it will work this time(please don't play).

It hurts me to hear people calling our players "shitty", it's really a different time i never thought our Football would have reached to this level,no Government,Sponsorship,Adds etc etc could bring back Football in the country unless our mentality changes.Football in all those islands getting better because the people support it,imagine St Kitts/Guyana was never even heard off in the Football world.What beats me is that you hear so much from the foreign nationals and nothing from people at home,what is it they doing.It simple who don't want to see "shitty" players keep your money in your pocket because i heard by the end of the Digicel Cup the stadium was half full and the same players played.
excellent post coops...a refreshing post to this thread

I will be backing de team regardless

Respeck to de players who taking a stand  :beermug:

Another thing to consider is that if our first team players do not play in the gold cup, the impact the publicity would have on exposing the TTFF could be immense.  Everyone will know we would have a B team at a major tournament and people will be asking qustions.  It might actually force the TTFF to finally do something.

I understand that everyone(including myself) wants our football team to be competitive in the Gold Cup, but there is more important things at stake for the future of Trinidad and Tobago football

1]; } ?>