April 17, 2024, 09:12:21 PM

Author Topic: Vietnam rejects Whitley.  (Read 17696 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Vietnam rejects Whitley.
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »
Thinking about this now I am kind of leaning on the notion that it's not really his game per se they may have complained about. See, when Africans move to a new place I have observed that they are very submissive to the people who are citizens their. Trinbagonians on the other hand don't. We believe that I tell you, not you tell me. We like to move in our own timing and in that culture such attitude would not go over well. Actually Whitley could have performed very well by our type of football, but for them if you cannot follow struture to the letter then that's a problem. They like everything to be orchestrated, and for everyone to do what is required.

Whitley probably out there turning people up and all that. They would not really go for that. This I believe could have led to some problems with the coach and when you factor in language and accent, it's a whole different ball game.

this makes absolutely no sense.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2007, 01:16:38 PM »
 ;D

Allyuh fellahs doh hol back atall
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2007, 01:40:53 PM »
Thinking about this now I am kind of leaning on the notion that it's not really his game per se they may have complained about. See, when Africans move to a new place I have observed that they are very submissive to the people who are citizens their. Trinbagonians on the other hand don't. We believe that I tell you, not you tell me. We like to move in our own timing and in that culture such attitude would not go over well. Actually Whitley could have performed very well by our type of football, but for them if you cannot follow struture to the letter then that's a problem. They like everything to be orchestrated, and for everyone to do what is required.

Whitley probably out there turning people up and all that. They would not really go for that. This I believe could have led to some problems with the coach and when you factor in language and accent, it's a whole different ball game.

this have to be ah april fools joke....rite... ???  :-\
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2007, 05:02:01 PM »

Sorry to hear the coach put ut so harshly, but it is a wake up call for Autis and many other local footballers......Not to bring him down, but his style is far from professional.....look at the clip with Stern John 2nd goal against mexico, and his awkwardness is revealed.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2007, 05:55:54 PM »

Sorry to hear the coach put ut so harshly, but it is a wake up call for Autis and many other local footballers......Not to bring him down, but his style is far from professional.....look at the clip with Stern John 2nd goal against mexico, and his awkwardness is revealed.

Move cautiously my friend,a lot of people on this board hate to hear the truth,but with that said I second your observation,I wish him well  with his endeavours.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »

Whitley is good, he is a decent player.  However that does not mean that the coach is talking shit as some have said.   Could be that the coach had very high expectations of Whitley.  Whitley was probably being advertised as world class and his agents mentioned a few  of the big names from T&T. 
The Viets did hire the Ghanaian so they are serious.   See
http://www.thanhniennews.com/sports/?catid=5&newsid=25608

``Topflight V-league football club Hoang Anh Gia Lai (HAGL) completed a transfer for Yaw Preko from Ghana, a former player for Saudi Arabia’s Al Ittihad football club.’’

and from
http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/showarticle.php?num=03SPO030307
``The Central Highland’s club, which is building a football institute in co-operation with English Premier League side Arsenal to nurture future young talent, has signed two new foreign players - Yaw Preko from Ghana and Douhou Sey Djidja Pierre, who are expected to take over from striking duo Kiatisuk Senamuang and Kesley Alves, who guided Gia Lai to the top of the V-League in their first season in 2002 and again helped the team win the title the next year.’’

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2007, 10:33:45 PM »
Whitley is ah promising player....but de coach open up he eyes.........He really need to work on his ball handling and composure.  Yes he might be able to spanner ah man or do ah rolley polley....but de fundamentals must come fuss.....Watch Stern John 2nd goal against mexico and watch Autis on de ball before de goal.............His awkwardness prevails............but...say what...he is ah fighter

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2007, 05:37:02 AM »
Whitley is ah promising player....
Someone may be called a promising player in dey late teens/early 20s, not when dey is 30 years old (May 1st).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2007, 06:06:12 AM »
Someone may be called a promising player in dey late teens/early 20s, not when dey is 30 years old (May 1st).
There's a difference between fight down and accountability. Your statement above represents completely my view Hardest. I will still give Otis respect above Hardest but then again that isn't too much of an accolade.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2007, 06:36:06 AM »
There's a difference between fight down and accountability. Your statement above represents completely my view Hardest. I will still give Otis respect above Hardest but then again that isn't too much of an accolade.
My statement eh have nutten tuh do wit fight down or accountability. I jes statin facts so dat kiffysmooth doh get tie up and feel dat Aurtis is a yute man wit de whole football world ahead of him.  I fuh one happen tuh like Aurtis as player. One of de differences between him and Hardest is dat he has actually proven himself in de local league.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2007, 07:04:58 AM »
There's a difference between fight down and accountability. Your statement above represents completely my view concerning Hardest. I will still give Otis respect above Hardest but then again that isn't too much of an accolade.
My statement eh have nutten tuh do wit fight down or accountability. I jes statin facts so dat kiffysmooth doh get tie up and feel dat Aurtis is a yute man wit de whole football world ahead of him.  I fuh one happen tuh like Aurtis as player. One of de differences between him and Hardest is dat he has actually proven himself in de local league.
I don't think we disagreeing at all. I was referring to the unrelenting backers of Hardest who confuse criticism of him for fight down instead of accountability. 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2007, 09:24:37 AM »
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2007, 03:13:25 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: elan on April 02, 2007, 12:55:00 PM

Care to clarify why it makes no sense. It's just looking at it from different perspectives.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2007, 04:24:22 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Care to clarify why it makes no sense. It's just looking at it from different perspectives.

I just not feeling the stereotyping of Trinis and Africans that you put forth. I also not feeling the excuses....anything to deflect from the idea that he might just not have been a good enough baller. the coach said it pretty clearly...the only thing he had was a powerful shot, but it was inaccurate. The Ghanian was better than him. He doh have mastery over the basics that any pro should have. talk done. Whitley need to get back on the field and work on getting back to his best

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2007, 04:56:12 PM »
Whitley is 30 years old talk done.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2007, 05:10:47 PM »
« Reply #72 on: Today at 06:24:22 PM »   

Quote from: elan on Today at 11:24:37 AM

I just not feeling the stereotyping of Trinis and Africans that you put forth. I also not feeling the excuses....anything to deflect from the idea that he might just not have been a good enough baller. the coach said it pretty clearly...the only thing he had was a powerful shot, but it was inaccurate. The Ghanian was better than him. He doh have mastery over the basics that any pro should have. talk done. Whitley need to get back on the field and work on getting back to his best

Cool I understand what you saying. Am not trying to make excuses for him. It's just.....I don't know...I felt really bad. That's all.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2007, 08:39:37 AM »
Cool I understand what you saying. Am not trying to make excuses for him. It's just.....I don't know...I felt really bad. That's all.

yeah...we all feeling kinda bad for the man. Who knows what went on...all we know is that the Vietnamese coach was not impressed and time for Whitley to move on. We getting reports now that Whitley was doing well in the trials...hmmm...best to just let this one go cuz all de speculation eh resolving nutten...peace

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »
Not like Vietnam have d best flickin league anyway. Far from home too so it woulda be pressure to come back for international games.
Everything happens for a reason.

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2007, 04:22:57 PM »
what stands out as peculiar tp me  in this situation is that the coach went out of his way to highlight otis's weaknesses,he has been to try outs in the uk with out  having such adverse comments. i have never in my life heard a coach make such public pronouncements on a player on trial ,the coach is obvously unprofessional and until i learn more i will with hold judgement.

1]; } ?>