April 28, 2024, 04:15:09 PM

Author Topic: AS Roma vs AC Milan  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
AS Roma vs AC Milan
« on: March 31, 2007, 10:15:42 AM »
AC Milan vs AS Roma

2:30 PM ET

TEAM NEWS

Roma

Aquilani and Martinez are still out. Chivu is back after the nose surgery he had three weeks ago after fracturing his beak.

Perrotta and Tonetto could be rested for the Champions League game against Manchester United. 

Probable Formation: Doni, Panucci, Mexes, Chivu, Cassetti (Tonetto), Mancini, De Rossi, Pizarro, Taddei, Vucinic (Perrotta), Totti.

Milan

Ancelotti will do without Kaladze, Serginho and Ambrosini while Bonera has to serve a one match ban.

Borriello is available again, as his three months suspension for failing a drug test has just finished.

Probable Formation: Dida, Oddo, Nesta, Simic, Jankuloski, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kakŕ, Oliveira, Ronaldo.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Mexes (Roma) – The French is establishing himself as one of Roma’s best players and possibly also as one of Europe’s most talented defenders. It would be really interesting to watch him performing against such a big star like Ronaldo.

Three years ago his very first season in the Eternal City was a bit of a nightmare, but now Mexes is highly appreciated by local fans and Italian pundits.

Will he stay at Roma or will he move to a bigger European club? In the next few weeks his agent should discuss a contract extension and a pay rise with the Giallorossi officials.

In the meantime he’ll be busy tackling Milan and Manchester United strikers.

Ronaldo (Milan) – The Fenômeno has got mixed feelings towards the Stadio Olímpico. He stated that he either scores or get seriously injured on that pitch, and he couldn’t be more correct.

Actually his most horrific injury ever came during an Italian Cup final first leg against Lazio in 2000.

Maybe the memory of many goals bagged at Roma & Lazio home just fades away, when he recalls another low of his career, the infamous May 5th 2002.

That was his last Serie A game for Inter and possibly the worst nightmare of Nerazzurri recent history, as they lost the match 4-2, wasting a massive chance to win the title as Juventus clinched the Scudetto that very day.

Ronaldo would be very happy to increase his goal tally – he has scored a couple at Siena and one in the last Milan derby. He might be slower compared to the past, but his technique is still unbelievable, so Roma defenders will have to watch out.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 10:17:48 AM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: AS Roma vs AC Milan
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 01:24:37 PM »
weyy, check responses

plenty interest in dis game eh

HT Roma 1, Milan 0

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »
you eh realize the majority of posters is premiership hoes yet boy.....

I at work here so i not seeing de game....how nesta looking?...

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 02:02:16 PM »
Gilardino!!!   ;D
1-1

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 02:34:21 PM »

boy I know but it have a few who does appreciate and watch other leagues

Nesta play but he was a non-factor, he didn't have to do any crucial defending...Roma pressure dem but Dida pull off some nice saves.

I real feel fuh Kaka though...the boy does play he heart out and set some nice plays while others jess pulling stones

1-1 FT

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 02:40:06 PM »
I watched the game, some good football all around.......Gilardino miss a sitter that could have won the game for Milan, Kaka set him up perfectly and Gilardino miss an open net. But Roma played very well, they will give Man Boo thunder in CL.......I callin for the Roma upset send Man Boo home  :devil:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 02:42:41 PM »

is cause that league is real garbage now :-\
unless is one ah de top 2 or 3 and ac..
den is doe slook like mls these days..
y would i waste time.
if they in champions league i got ake ha watch
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 03:45:39 PM »
Glad Grande start this thread, SWN crew, I see this game live and in the flesh, passing through Azzuri land (Rome specifically) on business and did not know about it until I asked around regarding Roma's schedule, so was thrilled when I head that Milan was the fixture and at home. 

Let me just say that atmosphere in the Olympic staidum is tremendous.  I had several thoughts while watching the game and observing the spectators, top of all was the qu of whether or not we have a football culture, seeing these fans live w/the spirits and unraging support/fire for the game was just speechless.  Those of you in the UK and closer to the bigger leagues in general, it's great that you get to be this close to this level of culb football, does wonders.

Bless....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 04:09:27 PM »

y would i waste time.

answer meh honestly....how many serie A games you watch this year?.....actually how many serie A games yuh watch where the so called top 2 or 3 teams(excl. AC) have not been playing?....cause I confuse how yuh come up with yuh opinion bolded above.....

men have been wasting down de league all de time...dis is not because of de scandal....it's always been so....I doh have a problem wit it doh...it's comes down to personal preference.....

I just doh understand how men is call it a "shit" league, without any argument to back it up.......it's just ignorance imo...... :beermug:

instead of trying to make logical arguments, a man go bawl italy racists...fire bun de italian league....lol...watch and see....  ;)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 07:03:49 PM »

y would i waste time.

answer meh honestly....how many serie A games you watch this year?.....actually how many serie A games yuh watch where the so called top 2 or 3 teams(excl. AC) have not been playing?....cause I confuse how yuh come up with yuh opinion bolded above.....

men have been wasting down de league all de time...dis is not because of de scandal....it's always been so....I doh have a problem wit it doh...it's comes down to personal preference.....

I just doh understand how men is call it a "shit" league, without any argument to back it up.......it's just ignorance imo...... :beermug:

instead of trying to make logical arguments, a man go bawl italy racists...fire bun de italian league....lol...watch and see....  ;)
well as u liek to say its my opnioon.
i ahve began watchign many serie a games this year. i use to watch it but tis not the same level this yr for obvious reasons.
its not the worse league in eurpoe nut even scotish league more intriguing. and dais saying alot.
in serie u knew the topposition half way though the season.. um eh:S
me eh even tlaking bout them being racists or nuttin.
they football just nto appealing.
to much players there concern about how thye hair look and how well they dive rather than de game and dais fact!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »
went 2 catania games and 1 palermo game
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 03:09:46 PM »

y would i waste time.

well as u liek to say its my opnioon.
i ahve began watchign many serie a games this year. i use to watch it but tis not the same level this yr for obvious reasons.
its not the worse league in eurpoe nut even scotish league more intriguing. and dais saying alot.
in serie u knew the topposition half way though the season.. um eh:S
me eh even tlaking bout them being racists or nuttin.
they football just nto appealing.
to much players there concern about how thye hair look and how well they dive rather than de game and dais fact!!

Hoe, yuh comparing Serie A to SCOTLAND???

Where Celtic had d title locked from about Week 2??!!!

Just so you know, Celtic can win d SPL title next week, whereas Inter are bout 4-5 games away.

Its not the league that is bad, its Inter that are good. Stop hating  ;D

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 04:15:04 PM »
doh worry Ryan, Hoe a little delusional  ;D

Italy only have 2 places in the last 8 in de champions league and big team Inter not even it, but he comparing Serie A with the MLS, then Scotland  :rotfl:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 04:19:24 PM »

Italy only have 2 places in the last 8 in de champions league and big team Inter not even it, but he comparing Serie A with the MLS, then Scotland  :rotfl:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :flamethrower:

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 04:21:47 PM »

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :flamethrower:

I see you's a man whose back up arguments with nothing.....

no scene  :beermug:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 04:24:24 PM »

still ah shit league..lol.... its the worst of the top leagues. and right now it barely clingling to that level.
england
spain
germany
france

italy :devil: :devil:

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 04:29:07 PM »

still ah shit league..lol.... its the worst of the top leagues. and right now it barely clingling to that level.
england
spain
germany
france

:rotfl: yuh reasoning getting weaker by de amount ah times yuh post...how you get germany and france above italy?...based on what...subjectivity again......why yuh ain't throw in de dutch and belgium league too....lol

i go leave yuh  ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 04:36:11 PM »

england
spain
germany
france

:rotfl: yuh reasoning getting weaker by de amount ah times yuh post...how you get germany and france above italy?...based on what...subjectivity again......why yuh ain't throw in de dutch and belgium league too....lol

i go leave yuh  ;D
man.....what u feel space is for..lol..toss in what eurpoean leage u want.
is my opnion. league is tata u eh have to agree with my opnion. league was good up to last yr.
is tata now.garbage
the only team worht watching int hat legaue is maybe as is aid top2 or 3 and ac.
i have seen games this yr and the quality f the game was horrible and yes on par with mls in terms of quality and strategy. kick and run...i had no clue i was wathcing serie a initally. u could liek it...enjoy. when the level go back up and dem boy stop study bout they hair blwoing the wind, and  half pike wiht one and half twist.
then  :-\

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 07:06:03 PM »
 I think the Serie A is a Great league but it has been tarnished by the match fixing scandals and so on...The loss of Juventus was also a blow to the league...PolishHoe , you can't totally write off the league like that, All teams play a decent level of Football......In the past few years in Champions League Milan has been in the last four...They gave the title to Liverpool and Barca got lucky with the ruling of goal disallowed...Honestly is a matter of taste...The EpL is a very exciting league because of the pace of the game...This appealing to people now because English teams less long ball and at a faster pace...Doesn't mean they have the best league...The Technique in Italy is very good throughout and honestly when Juve comes back in and all teams are at level points next year, Then you will be able to judge...The EPL produce England current Crop...Serie A produce World Cup winners

Anyhow the game between Roma and Milan was a great one(which Gilardinho give away)...Ronaldo proving that he is still a force in the game and I feel next year he will be a dominant force again...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 07:37:47 PM »
......What I would like to know is this:  What is it that determines (in a person's mind) why one league is good and other leagues not good.  I seeing men using the "technical ability" thing as a measure to say that the Belgian, Dutch, French and German leagues are not better than the Italian........but who say that these other leagues are so lacking in Technical abilities?  How much of allyuh does really watch these other leagues to be saying them thing boy?  The only marketed league(s) in Europe where they might be lacking a certain setta "technical and maybe, tactical ability" would be the rough and tumble styles of the EPL, SPL and, I guess, the Irish and dem........and to rationlize that Italy "produces world cup winners" isn't necessarily a good argument to use. Had it not been for an overwhelmingly generous penalty called against Australia and a missed penalty against France in the final, Italy may well have not been the title holders all now.  The Italian league, its club and national teams have been well known for its defensive prowess, but their league is very boring to watch, save but for a few of the matchups. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 07:55:27 PM »
......What I would like to know is this:  What is it that determines (in a person's mind) why one league is good and other leagues not good.  I seeing men using the "technical ability" thing as a measure to say that the Belgian, Dutch, French and German leagues are not better than the Italian........but who say that these other leagues are so lacking in Technical abilities?  How much of allyuh does really watch these other leagues to be saying them thing boy?  The only marketed league(s) in Europe where they might be lacking a certain setta "technical and maybe, tactical ability" would be the rough and tumble styles of the EPL, SPL and, I guess, the Irish and dem........and to rationlize that Italy "produces world cup winners" isn't necessarily a good argument to use. Had it not been for an overwhelmingly generous penalty called against Australia and a missed penalty against France in the final, Italy may well have not been the title holders all now.  The Italian league, its club and national teams have been well known for its defensive prowess, but their league is very boring to watch, save but for a few of the matchups. 

everyhting delaing wiht which league or team  is subjective and down to taste or what ah man liek or appeal to him. Everything else like stats on tehcnical ability etc etc is seocndary. men like ah team den always look for stats after de fact to support an emotive "reason" these reasons seems to make even less sense when the team is not a local team or a national team.
for instance why does ah man from costa rica like bayern. no connection. he jus liek somehting..or someone or some entitiy related to the team.
so i eh think ti have a perfect reason y a man like or disliek ah team initaly.
italy still ah boring diving pretty boy shit league. does it have godo teams of course would i sit down ona  sunday to watch 2 teams that not in de top 2 or 3 play hell no.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 07:57:47 PM »
 I hear you but Chow...I telling yuh next year when Juve come back the league will get back its groove

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 09:36:18 PM »
I hear you but Chow...I telling yuh next year when Juve come back the league will get back its groove

For years now Me and my boys used to be watching Italian football and find that Juventus used to be getting all kindsa generousity from the refs.........I don't think it will be the same when they do come back and as a result, Ponnoxx, yes I do agree that the seasons to follow will be interesting to me.  I think that the Milan teams will still prevail over Juventus when all thins seem equal.  :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>