April 19, 2024, 11:30:57 AM

Author Topic: Wish list for the Trinidad and Tobago Pro league  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wish list for the Trinidad and Tobago Pro league
« on: April 01, 2007, 08:30:50 PM »

Now that the Pro league is about to imbark on a new season I would like to put out a whise list for the Pro league this tread should be constructive and innovative ideas for the Pro League.
I would start with thanking the guys that run the PFL web site in the past we (the forum) had ridicule the PFL for its lack of effort put into there page now we can visit the page and read comprehensive reports and even view videos of past games while this is good,  I would like to have commentary with the games, we have to step up our game we just can have games with no commentary I tend to get bored after the first 20 mins. We need live games.

We need to be able to purchase uniforms online and have it ship overseas without losing our money.

Market the game more local TV program on Saturdays players, coaches and owner  interviews,  one live  game on local TV a week maybe Monday night best game off the week.
Free give aways  at  games, season tickets, specials such as free doubles and soda when purchasing three our more tickets kids under 10 get in free family pack activities before the game cheerleaders for crowd support.

Team should get more involved with community such as fan appreciation day where the fans could come and meet the players.

I know what this topic would bring up yes we know the team don’t have community names but is we had teams with names like San Fernando FC and  Port of Spain United 
The league still have low attendance look at Tobago United with that name you would think the whole off Tobago would come out and support the team well it don’t work that way in Trinidad people like free stuff bottom line is we have to change to attitude off the local public and that would be hard because were not used to paying to see football all our life we could just walk to the savannah and see games for free now they want us to pay when we could watch the EPL and the Spanish league for free that’s the reality the PFL have to deal with the up hill battle is convincing the locals that de football is good and when yah come to a game we would have a good time it should be more than a football match it should be and experience.       
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 08:33:02 PM by Bally »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wish list for the Trinidad and Tobago Pro league
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 06:43:08 PM »
I agree with the Games on TV and maybe change the names of teams.

I think that the pfl needs to become more ppl friendly....info about the league is too hard to get for the avg person.

The league needs to market the players like local celebrities....ppl have to want to come to see them play.

The avg trini who isnt on soca warriors cannot name more than 3 pfl teams if so many.

HONESTLY LOLOL THE PFL NEED TO GET SOME YOUNG BLOOD COME RUN THE SHOW

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 07:10:40 PM »
 I really like the points you make...I think PFL on TV is a must...Clubs have to step up their games though so that people can come out and support the football...Is a two way thing...They produce better football and the crowds will come out Or the crowds comeout and encourage players to play better football( this is what they like)....But you have some nice points there...I hope some PFL official could read your comments and try a thing :praying:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:16:52 PM »
All good points..don't have much to add  :beermug: But community activities should be a must for the teams. Take the players to the people, then the people would go to the games to see said players.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 07:47:43 AM »
and check it...police is the new PFL team....real crowd support boy....
at least they used to be considered a "south team" back in the 70's and 80's...not sure how it set up now
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 08:40:56 AM »
What about creating and "marketing" rivalries? For instance I am a die hard Civic Center fan, what if the owners of Civic decide to create some buzz about being the best team in south and openly challenging Petrotrin or W Connection via the media(radio, TV, newspapers etc) to that title. It could grow from there. Just one suggestion.
In my youth in the mid to late 70's Civic ALWAYS had sold attendence EVERY Sunday. I don't see why this can't happen agian all over T&T. Especially in Tobago.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:43:14 AM by Pointman »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 09:45:27 AM »
I'm trying to reason out what we trying to say here,the Pro League as far as i'm concerned is a business,i think they are doing everything within their powers the improve this business,i think there are certain things that just will not work in T&T,we want to operate like the big leagues do everseas and it's not working,when i read ppl saying about Pro League officials should try a thing i want to know if in this day and age we still trying thing.

The ppl on here all have Computers etc etc and they are talking the way they do because they are out here and want to see Football at home,what we have to understand that does not cater for the local ppl,how many of them have a Computer to access what we talking about,don't matter what the average person if they can't get in to watch a game free going to watch it on TV,technology has changed the world/game and also ppl.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 10:27:56 AM »
I'm trying to reason out what we trying to say here,the Pro League as far as i'm concerned is a business,i think they are doing everything within their powers the improve this business,i think there are certain things that just will not work in T&T,we want to operate like the big leagues do everseas and it's not working,when i read ppl saying about Pro League officials should try a thing i want to know if in this day and age we still trying thing.

The ppl on here all have Computers etc etc and they are talking the way they do because they are out here and want to see Football at home,what we have to understand that does not cater for the local ppl,how many of them have a Computer to access what we talking about,don't matter what the average person if they can't get in to watch a game free going to watch it on TV,technology has changed the world/game and also ppl.

You have to get a code from place like pimp my profile there tons off different backgrounds you chose the one you like and they will give you a code you then copy and paste the code into your profile you have to go to edit profile and paste the code in the first block
Coop’s I read your reply twice to figer out what yah trying to say sorry my post is merely a wish list if you’ve been following this site we would notice that this not the first time I put something out like this, as a matter off fact the Pro League incorporate some of my ideas in the past yes it’s a business they running but with any business yah have to take risk and spend money to make money think about if every Saturday a young up coming player could turn out his TV and see players from the PFL give them technical, nutritional info which could be helpful for his or her progress as a players with goals of the week play off the week and player profile wouldn’t  that program help build interest on the PFL if yah think small you  get small things if yah think big you could expect big things.       

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 10:41:15 AM »

You have to get a code from place like pimp my profile there tons off different backgrounds you chose the one you like and they will give you a code you then copy and paste the code into your profile you have to go to edit profile and paste the code in the first block
Coop’s I read your reply twice to figer out what yah trying to say sorry my post is merely a wish list if you’ve been following this site we would notice that this not the first time I put something out like this, as a matter off fact the Pro League incorporate some of my ideas in the past yes it’s a business they running but with any business yah have to take risk and spend money to make money think about if every Saturday a young up coming player could turn out his TV and see players from the PFL give them technical, nutritional info which could be helpful for his or her progress as a players with goals of the week play off the week and player profile wouldn’t  that program help build interest on the PFL if yah think small you  get small things if yah think big you could expect big things.       

Sorry for the misunderstanding i was more or less refering to getting crowd support for the league and building it into a viable business,having said that your ideas about player development are certainly good ones.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 12:46:56 PM »
Well as the years go by I could see that the TTPRO LEAGUE when trough a lot of changes from the beginning run and operated by JW to taking over its own affairs. I any environment this league which I view as a business would have folded, with out the help from the Government. I was under the impression that after we made the World Cup interests will grow and the crowds will come out. That never happen, the web site had a good year in 2007 the prospects looked good and there was a Pro league magazine which I thought was a great idea. My team change there name from super star to ST Ann’s so with all the talk about community base and name will help didn’t work so that argument have no feet to stand on. So I observed and listen to the problems the plague the league for years.
1.   No fans to watch the games the stadiums are empty.
2.   Some or most of the teams really don’t play at home.
3.   The web site was reconstructed and became worst than it was before.
4.   The teams are no taking an active role in promoting there games, products and its merchandise.
5.   There is no Marketing strategy on plan no vision.
6.   The season is too long.

I have a new business plan and Marketing strategy that takes into consideration the culture, social environment, and the demographic required promoting this league  but I will keep to myself because my ideas mite be stolen. I have a saying they can use also its call “ COME LIME WITH US”   :rotfl: :rotfl: these are my words and thoughts so it’s a copy right infringement if anyone takes it a run with it. Basically the marketing will promote the lime like a Sunday morning lime where could lime and enjoy the game the hole atmosphere would be a good lime I have more details but will keep it to myself all the research should not be used for free especially they don’t like US on this forum.  ???

ohh yeah who will pay 5 dollars a month to watch Pro league games

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:57:27 PM by Bally »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 03:12:17 PM »

Team should get more involved with community such as fan appreciation day where the fans could come and meet the players.

I know what this topic would bring up yes we know the team don’t have community names but is we had teams with names like San Fernando FC and  Port of Spain United 

That 2 points i keep stressing.  An easy way is to commit and be fimiliar around local schools.  In this era Children will lead parents to this entertainment source.  Look and Secondary schools drawing more crowds because they feel more connected to those teams.  Pro-league teams should take every Tuesday off and do community work to local schools and community organizations.

The San Fernando FC and  Port of Spain United argument is valid.  People dont go to Tobago United games because they suck. :devil: . Naming your team after your community is great for community pride and tourism.  I respect San Juan Jabloteh, Caledonia AIA, etc. for that.  Im a trini and never knew about Caledonia area only for that team.  So that put in  my head i should go up there sometime and see how it is and in chance i will get hungry and buy a little roti while in there and that action supported the community in spending money there.  Thats the tourism industry in works.  Look out for the Marabella Flames, ill be supporting them.

1]; } ?>