April 22, 2024, 04:01:30 PM

Author Topic: Is the USA beatable?  (Read 6758 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Is the USA beatable?
« on: July 25, 2005, 04:16:40 AM »
What  did the Gold Cup results prove?  It appears that on any given day, with the right mentall and physical play, any team may be beatable. While Panama showed gradual improvement, one would have expected the USA to just steam roll over the Panamanians.

We know that  FIFIA rankings is somewhat nebulous when teams clash. However by all rights this should have been a cakewalk for the USA going solely on rankings. For those who saw the game, was it that Panama improved that much or did the USA's play dropped off?

What I would take from these results if I was getting TNT ready, is that:

A. The next WCQ game aganist Panama is going to be tougher

B. We  have afighting chance aganist the USA

To accomplish a positive result, we need to bring our best game forward.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 07:29:43 PM by Tallman »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is the USA beatable?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 04:41:08 AM »
Speed and hard tackle will do it. Not forgetting to take the half chances.

Offline sting_pana

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 10:12:42 AM »
No, Your squad no!

"...A. The next WCQ game aganist Panama is going to be tougher..."

Yes very tougher that You imagine.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 10:25:10 AM »
We comin Sting_pana don't worry and we will be distributing rags for all of you in the panama...not for you to wave and celebrate but to wipe your tears.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 10:33:45 AM »
Panama matched up well against the States because of their assets. They play with quite a bit of imagination and individual skill. They were not predictable in any part of the field. What they lacked in concentation and solid execution, they made up for with some really imaginative and individually skilful football. I think the States were the physically and mentally fitter team of two and that brought them out on top....(some luck of course too as is the case with PK'S)......

For T&T...we are not as physically capable as the States. We are not as technically solid either.....so to say that we have a fighting chance against the States based on the Panama performance is not enough.  Unless we wake up, and shake ourselves out of this boring, predictable football that we've adopted in the last couple years, that is totally uncharacteristic of teams in our region....we'll be depending purely on luck and inspiration to win that game, and that's fine given the circumstances, but it doesn't take another team's performance against the U.S. to come up with that estimation.........

As for Panama......we beatin' dem on pure spite for Sting Pana.......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 10:43:55 AM »

As for Panama......we beatin' dem on pure spite for Sting Pana.......

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 10:55:41 AM »
We will beat panama again. Same 2-0 scoreline. Panama created most of their chances when US played higher up the field and left space between the back line and Goal keeper, leaving the open to attack from through passes to the fowards who were faster than the Americans. Trinidad does not play that high up the field in the first place. We just need to be remain tactically disciplined and we will get 3 points from Panama.

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 11:05:34 AM »
congrats mr. sting_pana on your teams good performance against the champions USA. but at the end of the day panama LOST and are not the champions just like your team lost to the warriors 2-0 in  WCQ and are going to lose again to the warriors in the next WCQ.in a months time nobody aint going to remember who USA beat in the gold cup finals all they go remember is USA is the champs.   so congrats again to you and the entire panama team on your loss in the finals.
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 01:54:33 PM »
I must have been watching another game. 

Ah cyar really handle sting_pana 'cause he annoying but I hearing everybody saying that Panama basically did well on luck and counter attacking.  Well friends, you don't get to the Gold Cup final, on the way beating Columbia twice and by luck and counter attacking.  Give Panama their due, they probably have peaked and will soon drop their standard. 

What we have to concentrate on is T&T and we lack of creativity, skill, and desire.

We have to "hope" for a draw against the US.

One additional note, the US beat Panama with less than 50% of their regulars, so their is hope some of their regulars will be out against us as well.

Arimian to meh heart

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »
Panama was excellent in that second half, both in defense and attack, but KELLER is solid, the man save his ass off yesterday and stop everything that came his way. Panama should have won by at least three goals. They had more possesion and shots on goal than the US

All in all it was an exciting game on both ends

We have a lot of homework to do against them in the two return games

I think the US is beatable but you have to come hard and have your passing down pat. Rough tackling only seems to strengthen their resolve and even when they are up a goal they just keep coming until the game is over. That is the kind of mental fortitude we must approach our game.

I have nothing but repect for the US, (hate to lose to them), but they have taken the game far more seriously than we did since 90 and that's why they are number 6 in FIFA
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 02:03:47 PM by grskywalker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 02:09:40 PM »
Panama should have won by at least three goals. They had more possesion and shots on goal than the US

WHAT??!!

Allyuh ppl does make me laugh... did you even check the stats before making a ridiculous statement like that?

I will agree where you said that it was exciting at both ends... also Dely Valdes had two chances to finish tha game.. but your statement there is just plain ridiculous!!

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 03:44:55 PM »
you telling me based on what I saw US played better. Send them stats let me see, cause I saw at least three chances for Panama that could have gone in

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 03:57:48 PM »
you telling me based on what I saw US played better. Send them stats let me see, cause I saw at least three chances for Panama that could have gone in

From what I saw it was a more even game but the US had more possession and shots. That does not take away from the chances Panama had of which I mentioned Dely Valdes' misses .... all I saying is that your statement is a ridiculous one to make... you had to have watched tha game with panama coloured glasses if that is the conclusion you draw.

By the way look the stats here

Stats Summary:¬  ¬  ¬  USA¬  ¬ PAN
Shots¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  23¬  ¬  ¬  18
Saves¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬ 5¬  ¬  ¬  ¬ 10
Corner Kicks¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬ 10¬  ¬  ¬  ¬ 5
Fouls¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬ 26¬  ¬  ¬  21
Offside¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬ 1¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  5

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=203391

« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 04:02:05 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 04:07:22 PM »
You are right FF...........The U.S. was the better team overall...despite Panama having some good chances of their own....... People see what they want to see in football though......Reading this forum is testament to that.......This is not the first time when opinions posted here have been skewed/biased....and it won't be the last.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 06:31:03 PM »
Yeah yeah Yeah......everybody know that the USA was the better team.  But they should have lose that game....Why didn't they?  Technical Preparation!

USA is a Technical giant dem does run plays like if it is Basket ball and football.  Panama however nutralize that with some beat and rough up.   If we come an play USA like we did Mexico we getting bout 5.  A team that is technical sound will kill you if you wait for them to expose their wears. The only reason they was missing was because they were in shock for most ah the game.

Technical soundness....teams like this doh be hitting bar on penalty an thing.

Now check this if we ent beat the USA.....somebody need to be fired...players or coach.
Because if we can't learn from Hondurus and Panama then maybe we can't learn..........

But I feel Leo to smart for that, I think the USA dynasty coming to a close fellas.
Ah hope the new giants would be us but I feel that new title could go to Jamaica,Hondurus or Panama.   Mexico always deh so I ent calling them.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline EJA

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 07:55:03 PM »
anybody know we past results against de USA both home and away.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 08:13:06 PM »
anybody know we past results against de USA both home and away.
Trinidad & Tobago vs United States
All Time Record

PW
L
[/b]
DGFGAGD
Home
Away
Total
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 08:15:50 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline EJA

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 08:28:46 PM »
tallman give thanks.
this doh look good for we nah but ah know if we give it we all for 90 min we could suprise them,if panama could do it then who is we.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 10:10:05 PM »
Yeah yeah Yeah......everybody know that the USA was the better team. But they should have lose that game....Why didn't they? Technical Preparation!

USA is a Technical giant dem does run plays like if it is Basket ball and football. Panama however nutralize that with some beat and rough up. If we come an play USA like we did Mexico we getting bout 5. A team that is technical sound will kill you if you wait for them to expose their wears. The only reason they was missing was because they were in shock for most ah the game.

Technical soundness....teams like this doh be hitting bar on penalty an thing.

Now check this if we ent beat the USA.....somebody need to be fired...players or coach.
Because if we can't learn from Hondurus and Panama then maybe we can't learn..........

But I feel Leo to smart for that, I think the USA dynasty coming to a close fellas.
Ah hope the new giants would be us but I feel that new title could go to Jamaica,Hondurus or Panama. Mexico always deh so I ent calling them.

USA's 'dynasty' hasn't begun yet, and is far from it's sunset.  Though I don't believe they're invincible, their strength is in organization as you suggested.  If we can't beat the USA we'll go on with life, as per usual, because we never beat them.  (Honduras & Panama didn't beat them either)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 04:30:02 AM »
By us - NO
By top teams - OF COURSE.

From what we see in the gold cup, no way whatsoever, especially in the US.

We just cannot run with them, trap like them, pressure as a team like them and simply keep up with them for 90 mins.
Plus they have an unnatural knack for scoring lucky goals.
If we get a point vs them next month, it will be like a victory.
They are number 6 in the world and we playing in their yard.
Panama on d odda hand, i still feel we good for a next 3 pts

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 04:58:33 AM »
Panama played good and made USA look ordinary, yes all teams beatable, but without fitness we stand a hard chance, if you notice Panama run they life out from start to finish and look good even up to de last minute, they fitness and work rate was wicked.... they didn't give USA a chance to settle down and all they players was tackling and attacking together, unlike T&T we does move with one and two maybe three but Panama was doing it as a team.

Most of our players out of contract so they unfit, we not training at the moment, our PFL like they on break and we not playing any warm-ups it seems,,,, so how do we expect to beat USA, pull a goal out we asshole. Backward ever, Forward never, so why we paying a coach a million dollars a month and is de same shit he have to deal with, without the proper structure we could have Bora and still come last, look even Panama who last on de table not giving up and fighting hands down and I am sure they eh getting no big money,,, but we team,,, boy them men feel like they is Maradonna.

Only Avery, Glen, Sealy, Stern, Andrews, Samuel and Jones doing something. If they banking on them 3 gold cup games as preparations well they en for a suprise because man does get un-fit in 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 05:01:59 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 05:57:03 AM »
Most of our players out of contract so they unfit, we not training at the moment, our PFL like they on break and we not playing any warm-ups it seems

Only Avery, Glen, Sealy, Stern, Andrews, Samuel and Jones doing something. If they banking on them 3 gold cup games as preparations well they en for a suprise because man does get un-fit in 2 weeks.

Where do statements like these come from?  Most of our players ARE under contract and many of the ones who aren't are still going on trial and training to find a contract so I'm sure they are keeping fit.  The only ones without a contract are Sancho, Jack, Shaka, Scotland, Rahim and Rojas.  The only players we need to worry about are Shaka and Jack.  The rest does warm bench for T&T if they lucky.

So you mean Lawrence, Birchall, Edwards, Sam, Yorke, Spann ent doing nothing?  These men are training regular and should be well fit come August 17. Also PFL fixtures resumes this Sat.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 06:12:11 AM »
Out of contract is Sancho, Scotland, Rahim, Jack (Trialing), Hislop, Edwards (still injured), Tiger (not getting a run), Rojas, Charles (didn't play in a month), Andrews (not getting a run), Ince (Injured),,,,, training alone cannot help and we experience this in de Gold Cup... they need games.....

But you do make a point.... yuh right.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 06:14:07 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 07:50:53 AM »
Ah go say it again. Panama come with a full squad of settled players. Dey played well but dey didn't play a full strength U.S. team due to injuries, Columbia did not go wit dey full squad and neither did Honduras. Panama send some brothers dey dat close in age to Nakhid. De coach pull out all stops as he was on de bubble due to their LAST PLACE STATUS IN DE WCQs. Dey decent but really, Panama put all dey eggs in dis GC basket. Out of all de young and experimenting teams, yuh have to give Honduras dey props. Canada have a long way to go but dey are rebuilding according to plan. I really thought Jamaica was making waves until dey last game. Ah have a feeling dat SA building fuh de future too as their WC Qualifying hopes hanging by a thread. Beenie use dis tournament to take a look at players and he still eh solve de left midfield puzzle. We can say dat 2 of de 3 semi finalists eh beat we. Was this progress or not? We will have to wait for de U.S. game and see if we really learn anything. The U.S. has shown they have depth. What T&T show meh is dat when we get embarass, we seem to pick it up. That is de trend wit dis team so far.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 08:28:55 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 08:14:15 AM »
Ah go say it again. Panama come with a full squad of settled players. Dey played well but dey didn't play a full strength U.S. team due to injuries, Columbia did not go wit dey full squad and neither did Honduras. Panama send some brothers dey dat close in age to Nakhid. De coach pull out all stops as he was on de bubble due to their LAST PLACE STATUS IN DE WCQs. Dey decent but really, Panama put all dey eggs in dis GC basket. Out of all de young and experimenting teams, yuh have to give Honduras dey props. Canada have a long way to go. I really thought Jamaica was making waves until dey last game. Ah have a feeling dat SA building fuh de future too as their WC Qualifying hopes hanging by a thread. Beenie use dis tournament to take a look at players and he still eh solve de left midfield puzzle. We can say dat 2 of de 3 semi finalists eh beat we. Was this progress or not? We will have to wait for de U.S. game and see if we really learn anything. The U.S. has shown they have depth. What T&T show meh is dat when we get embarass, we seem to pick it up. That is de trend wit dis team so far.

Not sure you very accurate, Panama and Canada had the two youngest squads in the tournament. Panama had a number of players age 23 and some even 19. The difference with Panama is that they operate like a club team. However, they are daring, hungry, and playing with a passion for the game. When you consider them as an up and coming CONCACAF Nation, they are now definately a team to be concerned about. Now T&T have beaten them and may continue to do so. However, approach with caution because they are a team that can upset
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 08:20:26 AM by Tallman »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 02:27:49 PM »
If we can't beat the USA we'll go on with life, Rocwell 

You sound like you eh have no money on that game boy!  ;D ......Check Tallman stats. and ever since I small USA hard to beat. So if that is not a Dynasty against we I don't know what is. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 03:33:47 PM »
Getting a draw with the USA will be a great result for us especially when our top forward is terribly out of form.  I am not saying we cannot win...u never know..the USA could dominate for 90 minutes and hit the bar about 4 times and Stern can score our only chance in the game.

But realistically speaking, we need a plan to get a draw on Aug 17th.  I know people will talk about Nov 19 (playing for a draw and we lost) but we are far behind the US in several areas.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 07:40:57 PM »
we will have to play for a draw no question bout that..ok maybe i should say that we should play in a way so as not to concede a goal...cause them fellas can't get the mindset or strategy right of how to play for a draw...simply..they dont know what to do.
Panama had a good strategy..whereas as soon as the US was bout 40 yards from their goal..they triple teamed whoever had the ball...the midfield was more or less swamped...the few times the US did get through by the odd one-two or defensive lapse in concentration, the defence and the goalkeeper held firm..hopefully our players could do a simmilar or better job.
i feel we should keep forcing the US out wide..whereas they will be playing to our strength...which is our tall central defence and cross
catching goalkeeper(hopefully Shaka).
so maybe we should play a 3-4-1-2 and keep our 2 forwards (Stern to control or flick on and a fast man to chase down the ball over the top) isolated for the few counter-attacks we might get.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 07:45:34 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2005, 08:26:28 PM »
Observer, ah living in Canada. Dat is dey best squad. Dey rebuilding and working hard at it. Panama pull out all stops. Pulling dem old man out of retirement like #7-Jorge Luis Dely Valdes and #9 Julio Cesar Dely Valdes, doh represent no youth movement to me. When we brink back Nakhid and Eve, man was in big uproar. Panama find a young striker in Luis Tejada out of necessity and due to injury but dat eh no young squad:

Oldest Player: Julio Cesar Dely Valdes (38)
Yongest Player: Felipe Baloy (24)
Average Age: 33
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 10:15:47 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2005, 08:39:33 PM »
i feel we should keep forcing the US out wide..whereas they will be playing to our strength...which is our tall central defence and cross catching goalkeeper(hopefully Shaka).
Ah cyar see dat one. Dat is playing wit fire. Yuh fuhget how Eddie Johnson score dat first goal against we on Ash Wednesday? Is one ting to be able tuh head out de ball, but yuh have tuh be positioned well. Imagine Johnson score dat goal when Dog was "marking" him.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>