April 24, 2024, 02:01:19 PM

Author Topic: Baptiste produces world leading 200m  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
Baptiste produces world leading 200m
« on: April 02, 2007, 06:50:14 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161123904

Kelly-Ann Baptiste emerged victorious in the women's 200 metres event at the Tiger Classic outdoor track and field meet, in Louisiana, USA, on Saturday. The Trinidad and Tobago/Louisiana State University (LSU) sprinter clocked a fast 22.95 seconds to move into the top spot on the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) 2007 outdoor performance list.

Monique Cabral, who is also a student at LSU, topped the women's 100m field in a wind-assisted 11.62 seconds. Another T&T/LSU sprinter, Richard Thompson, clocked a personal best 21.04 seconds to bag bronze in the men's 200m. And in the men's 400m, LSU's Jamaal James finished first in his section and fifth overall in 48.01 seconds. Jameel Wilson (49.82) was 11th overall.

At the Weems Baskin Invitational, in South Carolina, University of South Carolina student Jamil James produced his fastest run in two years-46.93 seconds-to grab gold in the men's 400m. South Carolina State University athlete Natalie Dixon seized women's 400m silver in 54.40. And University of South Carolina student Nikeshia Brown returned a time of two minutes, 24.03 seconds to cop fourth spot in the women's 800m.

Dion Rodriguez bolted to victory in the men's 100m dash, at the Terrapin Invitational, in Maryland. The Bowie State University (BSU) sprinter got to the line in 10.79 seconds. In the men's 200m, Rodriguez (22.22) and Essex County College athlete Reyon John (22.25) were fifth and seventh, respectively. BSU's Ricci Alleyne got home in 1:06.33 for ninth spot in the women's 400m hurdles.

At the Missouri Relays, in Missouri, Lincoln University of Missouri sprinter Nandelle Cameron produced an 11.58 seconds run-a new personal and meet record-to whip her rivals in the women's 100m. Jamaican Peaches Roach was a distant second in 11.71. Lindenwood University's Kevin Huggins finished seventh in the men's high jump with a 2.05 metres clearance.

McNeese State University student Marc Dillon struck gold in the men's 100m, at the McNeese State Cowboy Relays, in Louisiana. Dillon clocked 11.00 seconds.

Pilar McShine earned bronze in the women's 1,500m, at the Florida State University (FSU) Relays, in Florida. The FSU athlete completed her three-and-three-quarter laps of the track in 4:38.56. In the men's 800m, University of South Florida student Carlan Arthur was fourth in 1:54.85.

At the Tom Benich Invitational, in Colorado, University of Wyoming sprinter Dwight Neptune copped fourth spot in the men's 100m in 10.77 seconds.

Mikel Thomas was seventh in the men's 400m hurdles, at the Yellow Jacket Invitational, in Georgia. The University of Kentucky athlete clocked 52.69 seconds. Josanne Lucas finished 15th overall in the women's 200m in 24.58.

Shelly McLean was seventh in the women's 400m final, at the Asics Winthrop Invitational, in South Carolina. The Campbell University student got home in 59.87 seconds, seven-tenths of a second slower than the 59.17 run she had produced in the preliminary round. Gardner-Webb University athlete Carlene McLean was 10th in the women's 800m in 2:20.23.

And at the Stanford University Invitational, in California, Sadiki James finished 27th overall in the men's 100m in 11.20 seconds. In the men's 200m, the Washington State University freshman was 28th in a windy 22.59.

only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Baptiste produces world leading 200m
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 08:13:53 AM »
nice nice
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:56:46 AM »
2 problems with this. 22.95 ent particularly fast for her, and it's "world leading" because just about no one has run outdoors yet, but yuh know I backing my girl strong.

Now, when she gets into 22.0 - 22.2 range, you will see sub 11.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 11:06:57 AM »
2 problems with this. 22.95 ent particularly fast for her, and it's "world leading" because just about no one has run outdoors yet, but yuh know I backing my girl strong.

could that happen this season ato ? i think kelly ann may run 22.3 - 4 in the 200 this season but she can still go under 11 i think cause  her pb is 11.08
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 02:08:25 PM »

Yuh know yuh ISH though. Lol

When the WL outdoor slower than the indoor times, they are not worth mentioning.

I keeping mi eye on her though, as you have a good rep for spotting talent....

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 10:56:58 PM »
Haha. Sherone Simpson will wipe dat off easily.
Smoke and Fly

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 10:59:23 PM »
LOL I know my Ishh? really? Thanks.  

Nah I know she can run sub 11 without the 200m time I said - but to be consistent sub 11, yes she has to have the strength to be in 22.3 to 22.0 range.   Even if its 22.39!

Yes I used to run some 100s and 200s and even 400s once upon a time, a long, long time ago. ;)
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 12:11:01 AM »
LOL I know my Ishh? really? Thanks.  

Nah I know she can run sub 11 without the 200m time I said - but to be consistent sub 11, yes she has to have the strength to be in 22.3 to 22.0 range.   Even if its 22.39!

Yes I used to run some 100s and 200s and even 400s once upon a time, a long, long time ago. ;)

Yeah, I think I can remember waay back in those days! LoL

Must be getting old, as I rememeber the old dayz.  ;D

You were the real deal man, true fans will never forget, dont worry. However, now we are talking as fans and its my opinion that you can hold your own....way better than average.

Peace out bro.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 05:14:05 AM »

who cares the season now start

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 07:18:51 AM »

Why rain on people's parade???

She is indeed behind SS on the developmental scale, but so what? Let us hope that she too can maxx out her potential. No need to beat her down to big up Sherone. These ladies are all friends anyway. Carib athletes get on well together in Europe, just ask Ato.

Ato knows that I have spoken to many Jakan and other Carib athletes and I have told him that none of them have ever said a bad word about him even after I probed them. Our people actually look out for each other for the most part when away from home.

We fans get carried away, but the athletes themselves get on very well, as it should be.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 08:37:34 AM »
Dion Rodriguez bolted to victory in the men's 100m dash, at the Terrapin Invitational, in Maryland. The Bowie State University (BSU) sprinter got to the line in 10.79  seconds. In the men's 200m, Rodriguez (22.22)[/b] and Essex County College athlete Reyon John (22.25) were fifth and seventh, respectively. BSU's Ricci Alleyne got home in 1:06.33 for ninth spot in the women's 400m hurdles.[/sub]

wha kind ah times he running dey? was he injured

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 08:38:53 PM »
Boy some of them times make u wonder if the reporter knows the sport.  If I run a race and win in 10.97, did I bloster anything? Lawd. 

If a man is not running 10.5 or better in college then maybe that ent worth printing.

BORN TO DO IT

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 08:31:27 PM »

She is indeed behind SS on the developmental scale, but so what? Let us hope that she too can maxx out her potential. No need to beat her down to big up Sherone. These ladies are all friends anyway. Carib athletes get on well together in Europe, just ask Ato.

Ato knows that I have spoken to many Jakan and other Carib athletes and I have told him that none of them have ever said a bad word about him even after I probed them. Our people actually look out for each other for the most part when away from home.

We fans get carried away, but the athletes themselves get on very well, as it should be.

Willi, yuh eh know Lionpaw yet ..  ::)

keep watching
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 09:03:04 PM »

Don, I wasn't being serious. U can put up the Kleenex.
Smoke and Fly

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 03:08:34 AM »

Don, I wasn't being serious. U can put up the Kleenex.

Paw,

No kleenex. Just a matter of decorum.

When we deh pin di man dem site, dat is no kinda joke to run.  You haffi engage man first before you can draw card, otherwise you sound like you trolling.

Trinis, like Jakans love the picong, but it has to be done with style and grace...otherwise it is perceived as boorish.

That is all I was really saying.

1]; } ?>