April 28, 2024, 04:30:47 AM

Author Topic: Is Wim solely to blame?  (Read 1503 times)

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is Wim solely to blame?
« on: April 02, 2007, 04:35:20 PM »
Wim has been with us a decent amount of time now and many of us are not pleased with the result. (Myself included)

At first I thought  he should have extended his hand to the local football fraternity and bring them aboard. A lil analysis however  brought me to the realization that it is Trinis we dealing with. Who in they right mind would want to bring in men who will undermine and divide and talk everything down? Who does fight down each other more than trinis?  Rum talk, picong whatever we call it, we all know it never falls into the category of Constructive criticism.

These are the things I see Wim having to contend with.  English is not the man first language. (Hence tact and euphamisms might be hard. ) Trinis does picong and rub everybody but fellow Trinidadians wrong. We culturally have a laid back mentality in everything. (Hurricane and curfew party). He doh have an open budget. Jabloteh give the man stress with player selection. He is in Beenie's shadow with way less talent at his disposal. We suffer from Trini tunnel vision. (We have the best women, beer, food, footballers etc. in the world) We believe everything can be fixed in a day so we does start the day before. We are the kings of post mortem analysis but when is time to put a plan foward everybody quiet. He dealing with the TTFF.

So my next thought is okay if Wim don't want to go to the local football fraternity maybe the football fraternity should go to Wim. Stroke the man ego make him feel  important and find out what needs to be going on for them to fit into his plan.  I was looking around but I don't think I have seen any evidence of this going on. I only seeing men firing shots in public.

Maybe  Secondary schools should invite Wim to their training sessions. Maybe the Pro League should sit down with the man and ask him what he sees as the solution to the problem and stop sharpening iron with iron. Maybe the local coaches should unite to devise a youth deveopement strategy and ask for input.

Has the local football fraternity and even we the fans created an environment where Wim feels comfortable to work? Or have we made him defensive and afraid to loose. Maybe if he is approached in a positive way he may open up.

It seems that Wim does not have the leadership ability and charisma that Beenie has. He has however worked with Beenie for a while. I assume he at least has some  football acumen. Maybe he can teach local coaches something. He has an international perspective. He may have seen different approaches to dealing with problems. Maybe he can expose us to new ideas.

I read a thread before where Yorke was saying that Keane borught in people who he could talk and relate to. Yorke himself being one. He also brought Yorke for his dressing room skills. Many articles suggest that this has helped team moral and developement. Wim's Yorke is Densil Theobald.

I just was wondering what are the other perspectives.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:41:56 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Is Wim solely to blame?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 07:57:58 PM »
wim's job now is to find players and build a team, he is not getting much help dealing with jacko and them so i think results that we would want will not come as we want them to
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 12:39:24 AM »
other coaches plan is simply to try to make wim look bad and try to big up demselves...so dey could get he wok.  you ever see bruce lee takin karate lessons from chuck norris? gally still tryin dat technique with leo, trying to put himself on par with leo, but as time goes by and we learn more and more about leo, gally lookin' like a bigger and bigger imps.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 02:12:37 AM »
other coaches plan is simply to try to make wim look bad and try to big up demselves...so dey could get he wok.  you ever see bruce lee takin karate lessons from chuck norris? gally still tryin dat technique with leo, trying to put himself on par with leo, but as time goes by and we learn more and more about leo, gally lookin' like a bigger and bigger imps.

Steups. You are an unadulterated ....
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 05:09:28 AM »

what he say hurt yuh eh!!! he  cyar say dat bout yuh boy he mad ah wha  :devil:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 05:19:50 AM »
Wim has been with us a decent amount of time now and many of us are not pleased with the result. (Myself included)

What is the result? and what is displeasing?

He has had less access to TnT's best players than any coach before him.

Is he supposed to beat CR and Guatemala on the road with that squad when we could barely do it with experienced players?

The only thing the man saying there that wrong is that "we learn more and more about Leo". The only people who needed to "learn" was haters who were just tryiing to fight down the man because he is not local or because he bench Latas. If yuh know football yuh know he is a top coach from day one.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 05:22:49 AM »
My answer is no.....plain and simple....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>