April 27, 2024, 04:41:30 PM

Author Topic: Hockey men in T&T  (Read 3271 times)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
Hockey men in T&T
« on: April 03, 2007, 05:33:47 AM »
T&T vs USA 4-match series up at the National Hockey Centre, Orange Grove Road, Tacarigua. The matches are on Tuesday 10th, Wednesday 11th and Friday 13th from 8:00 pm and Saturday 14th from 9:00 am. The team, myself included, will appreciate your support for at least one of the matches if possible. Thanks folks. :-)

First home series in more than a decade for the men. Great Britain did play a one off match in 1996 and they won comfortably. Last year we played 1-1-1 in a 3-match series against the U.S.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hockey men in T&T
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 06:23:38 AM »
Good Luck boy  :beermug:

If I was dere I would have come out and support all yuh ;D

How de new turf feeling?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 07:10:26 AM »

Good luck Wolfman.

But they re-lay the turf ?

I was the project Manager for building the facility and putting down the turf.
Everything was a rush to get it ready for the Women's WC qualifier.
Let me see that was 10 yrs ago.  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 07:20:04 AM »

Good luck Wolfman.

But they re-lay the turf ?

I was the project Manager for building the facility and putting down the turf.
Everything was a rush to get it ready for the Women's WC qualifier.
Let me see that was 10 yrs ago.  ;D ;D

boy de turf feeling sweet...on de way to the airport, before I fly back to Toronto during Carnival time, I pass een Tacarigua and take a small sweat by mehself  ;D

but the world cup qualifiers bring back real memories....they had a left wing from India who was sharing real beat in dat tourament.....

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 05:37:07 AM »
Polytan recently redid the turf, yes. I find it a little too soft myself, but I don't care because it is better than what was there before. Other than that the drainage seems a bit better so far and the sprinkler system is working again. All in all I think we're quite fortunate to have the facility and already an opportunity to play some warm up matches at home. I've never played a full international in T&T. Yet I have already played at around a dozen in Barbados. Go figure.  :)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 07:34:42 AM »
Polytan recently redid the turf, yes. I find it a little too soft myself, but I don't care because it is better than what was there before. Other than that the drainage seems a bit better so far and the sprinkler system is working again. All in all I think we're quite fortunate to have the facility and already an opportunity to play some warm up matches at home. I've never played a full international in T&T. Yet I have already played at around a dozen in Barbados. Go figure.  :)

Yuh coach name Wim ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 10:44:15 AM »
I didn't realise this until relatively late, but our U-21 boys played a 3-match series against Guyana this weekend. They won the first 3-0, lost the second 0-1 and won the third this morning 1-0.

From the U.S. website:
USA Field Hockey News

USA Field Hockey Men to take on Trinidad & Tobago in Pan Am Prep

Colorado Springs, Colo. - Fresh off a best-of-three victory over Mexico in the Pan American Games qualifying series, the USA Field Hockey men's national team will continue its preparations for this summer's Pan Am Games with a four-game test series against Trinidad & Tobago, April 7-15 in Port of Spain, Trinidad.

Both teams will compete in the Pan American Games, July 15-20 in Rio de Janeiro in the eight-team tournament that also includes Argentina, Canada, Chile, Cuba, Netherlands Antilles and host Brazil. The Pan American Games serve as the continental qualifier for the Olympic Games with the winner of the competition earning the continent’s automatic berth in Beijing in 2008.

The teams are scheduled for matches April 10, 11, 13 and 14.

Virtually deadlocked in the international rankings with Trinidad and Tobago tied at No. 23 followed by the USA at No. 25, the series continues a regionally rivalry that includes a three-game, 1-1-1 split last July in Virginia Beach and a 3-2 USA victory in the 5th/6th place game of the 2003 Pan American Games. The USA leads the all-time series between the two teams with a 12-3-7 record.

Head coach Nick Conway's team for the series includes Pan American Games veterans Rhinku Bhamber (Simi Valley, Calif.), Pat Cota (Camarillo, Calif.) and Shawn Nakamura (Camarillo, Calif.) and Shawn Hindy (Westlake Village, Calif.) from the 1999 and 2003 Pan Am Games as well as Jarred Martin (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.), Ian Scally (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) and goalkeepers Jason Wellings (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) and Jeb Saez (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) from the 2003 Pan Am Team. Veteran Binh Hoang (Westlake Village, Calif.) was a member of the 2001 USA World Cup Qualifying Tournament team.

The roster also includes Pan Am Qualifier team members Nate Coolidge (Sandwich, Mass.), Remco Couwenbergh (Northridge, Calif.), Jed Cunningham (Moorpark, Calif.), Jonathon Ginolfi (Moorpark, Calif.), Mick Harner (Hanover, Pa.) and Sean Harris (Moorpark, Calif.). The series will mark the international debut for Amrit Ahluwalia (Irvine, Calif.).

Hoand and Ginolfi led the USA in scoring in the three-game Pan Am qualifying sederies against Mexico with three goals each as the USA defeated Mecico in teh best-of-three series, 2-0-1.

Following the series against Trinidad & Tobago, the U.S. men will compete in the National Championship tournament, May 2-6 at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, Calif. The event serves as the selection trial for the 2007-08 USA National squad with the Pan American Game team selection announcement scheduled for June 1.

www.usfieldhockey.com

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 06:52:55 AM »
Good luck today boy  :beermug:

Are any of our english base players coming down for these friendlies?

Do you know if Pat Harris is coming back for this game for the States?

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 04:16:46 PM »
wow...i just saw your schedule for pan ams....basically once you guys beat cuba, yuh semifinal place book, since brazil is shiite....that's not going to be an easy task though.....

source: www.fieldhockey.ca

April 6, 2007

Pools for the 2007 Pan American Games Announced

The Pan American Hockey Federation has announced the pools for the Pan American Games to be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 15 until 25 July 2007.

Men:
Pool A: Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Trinidad & Tobago
Pool B: Canada, Chile, Netherlands Antilles, USA

Women:
Pool A: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay
Pool B: Canada, Cuba, Netherlands Antilles, USA

The reserve countries have also been confirmed as Mexico for the men's competition and Barbados for the women's competition.

The schedule of matches will be announced shortly pending confirmation from the Pan American Games Organizing Committee and the FIH.

The winners of the 2007 Pan American Games qualifies for the 2008 Olympic Games to be held in Beijing (China), August 8-24, 2008. Men's teams ranked 2 to 5 and women's teams ranked 2 to 6 will be invited to one of the three Olympic Qualifying Tournaments (February to March 2008).

For more information about the Pan American Games, please visit PAHF website

« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 04:18:36 PM by lickslikefire »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 08:41:06 PM »
Disappointing! 3-5, 2-4, 0-1 and 0-2. A whitewash at home. We just didn't do enough. My passing was pathetic and needs a lot of work! Don't know what else to say at this point. Mouttet had a good debut today and Quan Chan (the skipper for the series) was good, although not fit enough.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 08:10:12 AM »
Good Luck boy  :beermug:

If I was dere I would have come out and support all yuh ;D

How de new turf feeling?

isn't knockey played on ice? and i didnt kno t&t played hockey - not really big here up in the us - or at least in iowa

it's field hockey we talking about...totally different sport  :beermug:

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 08:12:28 AM »
Disappointing! 3-5, 2-4, 0-1 and 0-2. A whitewash at home. We just didn't do enough. My passing was pathetic and needs a lot of work! Don't know what else to say at this point. Mouttet had a good debut today and Quan Chan (the skipper for the series) was good, although not fit enough.

Who does Mouttet play for? realted to chad mouttet?

is quan chan going back to england, or is he in trinidad till pan ams?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 03:36:11 PM »
Mouttet plays for QPCC and all Mouttets are related some way or the other. Dwain and the other UK-based players have already gone back.

1]; } ?>