April 29, 2024, 05:18:55 AM

Author Topic: GEORGE "UMBALLA" JOSEPH!  (Read 9558 times)

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
GEORGE "UMBALLA" JOSEPH!
« on: October 14, 2005, 10:14:53 AM »
Does george "Umballa" Joseph have the continued development of our country in his heart?  And if you think he does, are his methods of dealing with our country issues effective?  For example, placing an impromptu call to a government minister or a CEO of a company to discuss on air their position of a particular issue, instead of having a pre-arranged interview.

On air a few weeks ago he stated that, and I am paraphrasing, that the indian womanwomen he were intimate with are better than all black women.  Does this behaviour represent someone that has our country's development in his heart.

Let me state that I do not know him personally, I know of him and is just trying to ascertain whether or not he is being effective.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: GEORGE "UMBALLA" JOSEPH!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 10:17:52 AM »
Your post will soon be moved to the General Section so doh study it if yuh find it gone missing.

Best yuh move it fast yuhself and give Flex and dem less work.

:beermug:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 10:18:51 AM »
A lot of talk radio in TnT is for shock value. Just like when Morgan Job was on the radio in the early nineties.

Them men does just try to be loud and stupid. In my mind it is not effective at doing anything because it just scandalous entertainment.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 10:19:02 AM »
why???? Why would you listen to anyone who compares women.... worse yet on a racial basis--  :chilling:

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 10:37:07 AM »
Your post will soon be moved to the General Section so doh study it if yuh find it gone missing.

Best yuh move it fast yuhself and give Flex and dem less work.

:beermug:

I understand that these complicated for you to handle ... but let Flex and them talk for themselves, only mack meh man does be quick to represent other man so.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 10:50:36 AM »
I thought they were two different George Joseph.. I was under the impression that Umbala, is not the one involved in football

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 12:30:26 PM »
I thought they were two different George Joseph.. I was under the impression that Umbala, is not the one involved in football

Yea the T&T team manager is George Joseph.

He talking bout the radio man.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 11:37:44 PM by dcs »

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 12:32:24 PM »
    Morgan Job was and still is a very smart man. Umballa is a nobody. Doh study him.

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 05:28:36 PM »
    Morgan Job was and still is a very smart man. Umballa is a nobody. Doh study him.

Jason.

yeah Morgan Job is a real intelligent fella..when he say something bout black people they does get vex..but is the truth the man saying.

ah think this Umbala fella own a chain of groceries or something...when it comes to intellect..he is a flecking nobody..he is just another racist like Sat and Cudjoe.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 11:14:50 AM »
Trinidad Guardian
Tuesday 25th July, 2006
Judge to TATT: Investigate radio talk-show host

Devant Maharaj, left, president of Gopio and attorney Kevin Ratiram at yesterday’s press conference at the Freedom House law chambers on Harris Street, San Fernando.

Photo: Rishi Ragoonath

BY RESHMA RAGOONATH

High Court judge Carlton Best has ordered the Telecommunications Authority of T&T to investigate complaints against a radio talk-show host, who allegedly spews racially-denigrating comments against the East Indian community.

Justice Best, presiding in the San Fernando Civil court, made the order yesterday, when TATT and the Global Organisation of People of Indian Origin (Gopio) entered into a consent order.

Gopio yesterday won its legal battle against TATT, after the statutory authority conceded liability in a Judicial Review filed against it by attorneys Kevin Ratiram and Anand Ramlogan.

The review was filed by Gopio, challenging TATT’s failure to address its complaints of political and racial bias at radio station i95.5 fm.

Justice Best also gave the authority 21 days to investigate Gopio’s complaints against the station and to advise the organisation in writing by August 14, of the steps it has taken.

He also declared that the decision by TATT to require an apology from Gopio before addressing the organisation’s complaints against the radio station and its talk-show host, George “Umballa” Joseph, was in breach of its statutory duty to investigate the complaints.

The judge quashed the decision and ordered TATT to pay Gopio’s legal costs for the review.

In the legal action, Gopio president Devant Maharaj had accused TATT of being a “political instrument of the ruling party (PNM), which is attacking and intimidating Indian radio stations.”

He stated that on April 19, 2005, Gopio lodged a formal complaint against i95.5fm (owned by businessman Louis Lee Sing) and Joseph over an advertisement which repeatedly called on Chief Justice Sat Sharma to resign.

Yesterday, at a press conference held at the Freedom House law chambers on Harris Street, San Fernando, Maharaj said the matter was taken up after a number of complaints from Indian radio-show callers who “said they felt harassed and intimidated.”

He described the advertisement, which started during the initial stages of the CJ controversy, as “offensive.”

The advertisements and comments, he said, have worsened.

Maharaj said the organisation was “deeply concerned” about the attitude of statutory bodies when it comes to investigating complaints from Gopio.

The organisation’s president said the statutory authority’s request for an apology from Gopio for the assertion that TATT was a “political tool of the PNM” was “an attempt to humiliate” his organisation.

He also said the complaint was still relevant as the ads have increased, as well as Joseph’s derogatory comments.

Ratiram, Gopio’s legal advisor, said the outcome of the case has “dire consequences” for the country.

TATT, he said, as a statutory body has a responsibility and duty to treat all citizens fairly and are supposed to be a “watchdog.”

“This is not a PNM-UNC issue. It is about a statutory authority abdicating its responsibility to investigate complaints. Clearly there is a bias on the part of TATT,” he said.

“No one appears to be above the law more than PNM supporters and financiers,” said the attorney.

If the radio station is found in breach of the terms of its licence, Ratiram said the ultimate consequence would be suspension of the said licence.

He added that Joseph’s comments are geared towards “inciting racial hatred” and instead of acting swiftly “the TATT took this childish approach.”

Ratiram said that if TATT does not respond within 28 days, Gopio would institute contempt of court proceedings against the statutory authority.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 05:16:38 PM »
That donkey still around?..steups
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 05:26:15 PM »
That donkey still around?..steups

hewwwwwwwww hawwww he still around

what bout dat fella dey call Galdiator allyuh think Umballa was bad...Galdiator take dey cake and eat it
he was on dey morning session bout 9 am after dale and tony.
as soon as 8:58 am reach...dey station does change to 105 fm...just dey man voice alone use to send me mad.
talk bout ole 'nigga' attitude - and yes ah could say 'nigga' and meh name Rookmin. (waitin fur dey ass to come say something)

rumor has/had it he was one ah dem fellas dat made woodford square dey forum to talk government, trinidad people etc bad. nothing positive never come out dat man mouth  >:(

my people again yes steups

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
‘Umbala’ loses libel action; to pay costs
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 10:39:16 PM »
Trinidad Guardian
Tuesday 3rd April, 2007
‘Umbala’ loses libel action; to pay costs
BY SASCHA WILSON

A HIGH COURT judge dismissed yesterday a lawsuit brought against an Opposition Member of Parliament and a daily newspaper for libel, by a radio talk show host.

Justice Peter Jamadar, presiding in San Fernando Civil Court, ordered radio personality George “Umbala” Joseph to pay the legal costs incurred by the defendants—Harry Partap, MP for Nariva, and Therese Mills, chief executive officer of Daily News Ltd (Newsday).

Joseph, who hosts a programme on i95.5FM, had filed the action in 2005, seeking damages for alleged libel contained in a letter written by Partap and published in the Letters to the Editor section of Newsday on December 11, 2004.

Joseph contended that the allegation against him in the letter was malicious, false, misleading and untrue.

The case was argued before Jamadar two months ago. Joseph was represented by attorney Robin Otway.

Attorneys Subhas Panday and Brent Hallpike represented Partap, while Ian Benjamin and Faziah Khan represented Mills.

Partap, a former journalist, testified that he wrote the letter in response to Joseph’s morning programme, The Today Show, on December 6, 2004, in which Joseph mentioned members of the UNC.

Jamadar said in the judgment there was no question that Partap’s letter was a rebuttal of the allegation of malice levelled against all UNC MPs.

The judge said he accepted Partap’s evidence, but found Joseph to be evasive and unhelpful; if not untruthful.

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 06:09:56 AM »
well i think sat maraj behave worst than a f##king donkey, but yuh don't hear no black man calling him ah ole coolie on this forum, MISS RUKMIN!!!!! steupsssssss.       BAD VIBES.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 06:25:38 AM »
well i think sat maraj behave worst than a f##king donkey, but yuh don't hear no black man calling him ah ole coolie on this forum, MISS RUKMIN!!!!! steupsssssss.       BAD VIBES.

:rotfl: :rotfl: welcome back boy  ;D

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 06:59:13 AM »

<looks at just cool>

dies with laughter at 8:59am  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 07:05:03 AM »
popcorn and mauby SO early in de morning?
9:05:03 AM wha de...... ;D
i gettin ah front row seat just in case oui ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:06:40 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 07:12:58 AM »
popcorn and mauby SO early in de morning?
9:05:03 AM wha de...... ;D
i gettin ah front row seat just in case oui ;)

WC, u have room dey next tuh u?  ah feel is ah jail people goin and make tuhday, tuhday!
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 07:20:37 AM »
me an jail
nah I jez goin an watch
i doh tro han any mo  ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 07:30:14 AM »
That case was always a bit frivolous but check this. Remember when Sat Sharma ruled in the Gordon v Panday case (which people seem to forget), that Ken Gordon's character was worth $1. Its almost laughable except for the fact that a former PM is involved.

Why is it that cases of defamation of people's character in this country are treated so flippantly ? It appears that you can say anything , save of course comments that incriminate, about anyone in this place with impunity.

I wonder what it is like to live in a serious country ?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 07:33:35 AM »
That case was always a bit frivolous but check this. Remember when Sat Sharma ruled in the Gordon v Panday case (which people seem to forget), that Ken Gordon's character was worth $1. Its almost laughable except for the fact that a former PM is involved.

Why is it that cases of defamation of people's character in this country are treated so flippantly ? It appears that you can say anything , save of course comments that incriminate, about anyone in this place with impunity.

Jah can you refresh my memory about the Ken Gordon case please....
I remembered the actual case but not the details.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 08:54:09 AM »
all of we is one yes, i dont understand why people lettin dem foolish politicians manipulate them into talkin dis race bullshit...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 09:33:43 AM »

Jah can you refresh my memory about the Ken Gordon case please....
I remembered the actual case but not the details.

Essentially Panday when he was PM called Ken Gordon and the CCN psuedo-racist. He went to explain that a racist is one who discriminates (racially) for the benefit of his own "kind" while a psuedo racist discriminates for his own benefit.

Gordon filed a civil suit against the then PM on the basis of Defamtion of Character. Ultimately the court ruled in his(Gordon's) "favour". Sharma said that Gordon's Character was worth no more than a $1 (TT, I might add, if I recall correctly one of the papers had a picture of that red note on the front page). Panday was ordered to pay costs.

Gordon won but Sharma didn't make Panday pay anything for damages just legal fees. I don't think Gordon was looking for money in any case but was trying to prove a point.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 09:38:34 AM »
all of we is one yes, i dont understand why people lettin dem foolish politicians manipulate them into talkin dis race bullshit...

God is de BOSS....
TI brother, I used to think the same way when i was a youth man BC i left trini at a young age so i really didn't over stand how trini run, when i came back in my teens i thought every thing was every thing, until i play fass and start thinking i could go any and every where, i recieve ah serious culture shock that brought me to the concludion that every thing aint every thing. we aint no one nah boss dont let them fool you, at least i aint buying that. it would be real nice if that was the case, but race , area , and class still run the route.         the truth i seek.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>