March 29, 2024, 04:03:06 AM

Author Topic: Interesting discussion on accountability & TTFF  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Interesting discussion on accountability & TTFF
« on: March 22, 2005, 01:13:20 PM »
recently I was party to a conversation that basically came down to this.
The Government of T&T was not willing to give monies to the TTFF because they cannot get a guarantee of accountability. they could not give TTFF 6 million US and then investigate them if they thought funds were not spent properly. They cannot make them open the books.  Why? Simply because FIFA mandate states that no Government may intervene into the matters of its Football Federation. If they do the country will be bannedfrom FIFA and all tournaments.
 ::) Talk about having a good thing going. No wonder so many Federations are always hit with corruption charges but their peoples remain in position. So all FIFA does is get the right man in place and he could be there for life.
Anyway this could be the main reason why the sport is not getting $$$ from both Givernment and the Private businesses. Private businesses would not be able to go to the Gov't for help either.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Interesting discussion on accountability & TTFF
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 04:49:02 PM »

I don't buy that.
Since when government of T&T so fraid of corruption anyway.  As if they ain't the experts and inventors of bobol in this place as we know it. Steupse.

People could talk and talk as much as they want but that ain't the reason...is just politics plain and simple. 
Might be true for the private sector but that could be politics too.
I would like to know if the books are in fact not made available....credible reports....which might be near impossible to discern when is the TTFF and a man like Boynes doing the talking.
The  TTFF would have been audited at some point and if they begging government for money and Boynes ask to see something I want to know if he see it or not.  Did they not just get something like $2 million US?

cricket have too much money, cah trust football with money and both of them always finding themselves in some mess.
Government always waiting on the side to put on a pappy show.

A set of jokers all around

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 06:34:32 PM »
The Government of T&T was not willing to give monies to the TTFF because they cannot get a guarantee of accountability. they could not give TTFF 6 million US and then investigate them if they thought funds were not spent properly. They cannot make them open the books.

I heard similar sentiments being expressed by the private sector a few years ago. I could not verify the authenticity so I just took it with a grain of salt.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »
The problem with the Government is pure and simple politics,the private sector in Trinidad don’t know the value of sponsorship a real sponsor support the whole team take care of travel and pays the coach they fell if they put 500,000 thousand that’s good enough. Just imagine if Carib sponsor the team place there name on the shirt and we make it to the World cup that’s how many viewers? BUT NO! they want to be bandwagoners.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:58:18 AM »
The Government of T&T was not willing to give monies to the TTFF because they cannot get a guarantee of accountability. they could not give TTFF 6 million US and then investigate them if they thought funds were not spent properly. They cannot make them open the books.

I heard similar sentiments being expressed by the private sector a few years ago. I could not verify the authenticity so I just took it with a grain of salt.

in ten years nothing has changed...

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 03:00:38 PM »
This message started since 2005 and 10 years later we are in the same position, if not worst.

We even have some of the same folks working within the TTFA like we did back then, it shows that the same staff equals the same results.

I spoke to some of the ladies warriors yesterday and they keep telling me, they need to put their feet down, the TTFA is not taking them serious and Sheldon Phillips keep making false promises.

The TTFA is awaiting a big pay day from the PNM government, all their focus is on that and nothing else. They have no plans or ideas on how to be self efficient.

We have a big game to plan for in November and the locals here don't even know it, no advertisement, nothing and they the TTFA will expect a full stadium and when they get disappointed they say the fans not supportive.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:03:41 PM by Insider »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 05:42:47 PM »
 Symposium schedule  for  late October @ Hilton Hotel, speakers from various countries attending.  Lets see what meeting of the minds has to offer.  New structure, short term league with internationals players are in the making.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 06:28:52 PM »
Corruption is inevitable........I guess it's more about having the ability to "manage" it in an effective and efficient way so that the players get what they need to succeed.

1]; } ?>