April 24, 2024, 05:01:25 PM

Author Topic: Panday as Leader  (Read 8058 times)

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Panday as Leader
« on: April 05, 2007, 07:28:49 AM »
It seems this fella is always in the news and always in court (both criminal and civil procedures). 

To those living back home, is this a person you want as a leader?
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Panday as Leader
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 07:45:25 AM »

Most definitely, the man is a true family man.
He did not know how much money he had in an account.
He allows his wife to look after his monetary matters.
He put up his daughters in a posh London apartment whilst they studying.
He get a 10 million dollar scholarship for his daughters. (I doh think anybody in the history of TT ever acheive that).
He organise for he daughter to be a lawyer in the office of the opposition leader as soon as she get she bar license in trinidad.
He give he daughter the job on his defense team.
He cuss teachers and call them terrorists for striking an not teaching the children.
He was the leader that build the nice nice airport that his children an all the nation children could fly through.
And ah could go on an on.
So the man is ah reall family man just the kinda ideal person for leadership.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 07:46:12 AM »
rat trini people ass happy. who use to vote for him will continue cause they think is all ah big conspiracy agasint him cause no bdy else eh like him  :-X

and de next set ah idiots will vote for the bumbbling clown manning. because they accostom voting for hima nd his aprty
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 02:08:44 PM »
exactly..is de same ole "I votin fuh dem cause meh daddy used tuh vote fuh dem" kinda thing.

Trinidad people have not know real leadership since the 80's.
Allyuh remember when yuh couldn't afford to buy AN APPLE cause it was a huge luxury? Now $$$ flowin so is watever.

That being said I personally think panday is ah fantastic leader just cause I witness him on a boat ride in NY down nearly ah whole botlle of puncheonn rum and then walk way normal  ;D

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 05:03:41 PM »
Pick yuh poison, Panday or Manning...are there any other options?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
One thing i could say in panday's favor is he looked out for his people, and why not. that's how it's suppose to be, you help me and i help you. manning on the other hand only mamaguing pnm supporters. look at E.D.R. his biggest strong hold, run down broke and crime ridden, manning is ah big joker and his supporters are even worst!!!   pissed off.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 05:15:14 PM »

Huslie X

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 05:18:48 PM »
One thing i could say in panday's favor is he looked out for his people, and why not. that's how it's suppose to be, you help me and i help you. manning on the other hand only mamaguing pnm supporters. look at E.D.R. his biggest strong hold, run down broke and crime ridden, manning is ah big joker and his supporters are even worst!!!   pissed off.

How do you explain Point Fortin and La Brea then? You can't help those who doh want it. Who you think running URP/CePEP or whatever dey have now in dem areas?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 05:22:06 PM »
a Thief ....Someone who trying to lock up every Indian .  dais de only 2 running?
if so mi nah vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 08:13:13 PM »

Huslie X

Winston Dookeran is leading the Congress of the People.

Hulsie is on that slate.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 03:50:49 AM »
TI why yuh think ah talking like this , BC i am from behind the bridge, oxford street to be exact and that's all the more reason for me to be pissed off. E.D.R. real run down meh bedren to the point where i think the people are in a daze, how could they keep voting for pnm when pnm dont give a dammmm about them.    real pissed off.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 05:36:02 PM »
TI why yuh think ah talking like this , BC i am from behind the bridge, oxford street to be exact and that's all the more reason for me to be pissed off. E.D.R. real run down meh bedren to the point where i think the people are in a daze, how could they keep voting for pnm when pnm dont give a dammmm about them. real pissed off.

i totally agree with you family... since you are also part of the edr community, you know how i feel also being from piccadilly street breds... i not voting on race like de rest of dem idiots, i vote on policy of the govt to help all and also who have de better ideas to help de nation, especially where we are from...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 05:57:35 PM »
TI why yuh think ah talking like this , BC i am from behind the bridge, oxford street to be exact and that's all the more reason for me to be pissed off. E.D.R. real run down meh bedren to the point where i think the people are in a daze, how could they keep voting for pnm when pnm dont give a dammmm about them. real pissed off.

i totally agree with you family... since you are also part of the edr community, you know how i feel also being from piccadilly street breds... i not voting on race like de rest of dem idiots, i vote on policy of the govt to help all and also who have de better ideas to help de nation, especially where we are from...

TI, yuh eh study yuh fren's sig? look where de upliftment of edr coming from...

"The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH."

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 11:17:20 PM »

TI, yuh eh study yuh fren's sig? look where de upliftment of edr coming from...

"The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH."

TI you see why i don't like to log onn to this site. it have some real haters on this forum who have nothing better to do than to thief man head, they love to dwell on the small petty things and ignore the issues at hand. take this bredda for instance, every time i post more than likely he makes it his business to target my post for critisism. some times i feel the best thing for me to do is just to keep it moving and don't even log onn just for the sake of peace, cuss i am a peaceful man who can't deal with the babylonian mind set, and dem pork mouth byoi always trying to take me out of my element. i am a soldier you cant phase me i man unbreakable nuff byoi try and fail. alyuh hate me BC i love africa and denunce babylon. i dont deal with hate, malace, tribalism, nationalism,colonialism,and most of all i man dislike babylon,[ france ,england, deutchland, spain portugal, and all those who drain africa and those who helped them ] even baylonian minded african leaders. babylon must fall.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 12:36:36 AM »
Eh RABBIT, africa give every body music and culture in case you don't know, it's a scientific fact that every human's D.N.A. could be traced back to AFRICA to one woman. FACT!! if in doubt go look it up in the archives of the new england journal of medicine. you could probably pull it off their webb site. salsa, calypso, marengue, samba,reggea, rock and roll,heavy metal,house,classical,blues ,jazz,funk, country, all these musical expressions could be traced back to africa, BC all have heavy african influence BC of the african slaves who were brought to the west. the berbers or moores are the ones who gave europe musical instruments and develope western europe.  they showed them how to heat water in the winter for showering , before that europeans use to go a whole winter without a bath, hence the invention of perfume. fragrances was only used for baths not wearing on your naked skin. the moores also showed them how to dispose and manage their waste. they build aquaducts and land erigation systems, they also taught them architecture and the fine art of stone masonry.africans were also sailing to the west long before columbus who thought the earth was flat. read a book called they came before columbus, and another book by ivan van sertima called african presents in early europe. my love for africa does not negate my love for trini or the affection i have for the hood (EDR) trini just brings back all the bad memories of the slave trade and colonialism.BC some ppl would'nt let it go. poor black ppl still catching hell in T&T. if it wasn't for dave dabrau and dagga, black man in trini would'nt have any good opportunities at all.so my love for AFRICA is knowing i am afican fist that's my destination not so much geoghraphic but in mind and conciousness. some of the ppl on this forum their ancesters came to T&T as free labourers or conquerors some came freely and others were fleeing oppression. my ancesters came in chains disgraced and misstreated, and i am sure they hated trini and cried for africa every day till could'nt cry no more. so why should i be so in love with trini. steuppppssssssss.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 06:03:26 AM »
TI you see why i don't like to log onn to this site. it have some real haters on this forum who have nothing better to do than to thief man head, they love to dwell on the small petty things and ignore the issues at hand. take this bredda for instance, every time i post more than likely he makes it his business to target my post for critisism. some times i feel the best thing for me to do is just to keep it moving and don't even log onn just for the sake of peace, cuss i am a peaceful man who can't deal with the babylonian mind set, and dem pork mouth byoi always trying to take me out of my element. i am a soldier you cant phase me i man unbreakable nuff byoi try and fail. alyuh hate me BC i love africa and denunce babylon. i dont deal with hate, malace, tribalism, nationalism,colonialism,and most of all i man dislike babylon,[ france ,england, deutchland, spain portugal, and all those who drain africa and those who helped them ] even baylonian minded african leaders. babylon must fall.

but breds, yuh doh like pork?

Ham is de real deal....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 09:22:08 AM »
So like all your pork nah duke, eat drink and be merry, what yuh telling me that fuh, that's your business, what do i care. same petty ass lil boy scene ah talking bout.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 10:35:55 AM »
just cool, that's great that you can rhyme off dozens of contributions of africa to the world, but it's unfortunate that you cyah take a pause and mention just one contribution of t&t. but like your sig says, it's just a pit stop to you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
just cool, that's great that you can rhyme off dozens of contributions of africa to the world, but it's unfortunate that you cyah take a pause and mention just one contribution of t&t. but like your sig says, it's just a pit stop to you.
you is a comedian boss. take yuh humor to a clown who would appreciate it breds, i have no sense of humor when it come to serious things. yuh think we ancesters was laughing when they was crossing the atlantic in chains.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 01:03:15 PM »
Look wah boredom does do...eh hem
i cyah see y manning policies bothering you. your living in america then passing though trini on your way to africa. so yuh sig says.
alot of times your argument cool lacks substance they jus full of hollow rhetoric. how can u be ,ilitant living and migling in babylon. day ina nd day out?? u living ind e shits-tem no?
 if africa is your HOme I SURE U CAN AFFORD AH TICKET N move back. what keepign yuh back. dais ah seriosu question eh me eh making no fun ah you. i would really like to knoe why u havent gone back yet?
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 03:04:08 PM »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 08:32:41 PM »
just cool, i missed your 2nd post - here's my take on what you have written so far and where i think there is a problem. the focus of your indignity is not truly on the practice of slavery, it's on the ancestral connection to slavery. the latter will not solve the former. and it is only by focussing on the former can peoples of varying ancestries find a common purpose.

what is babylon to you? it's one thing to reject and eject the teachings of anglocentrism and eurocentrism from our communities. but to replace them with afrocentrism is not going far enough! all that accomplishes is to replace one babylon with another babylon. we must do away with race altogether.

there are whole industries in the western world whose job is to focus black people on race, race-baiting, and not the underlying colonial structures. they are a poison because they distract people - have them chasing the wrong things.

a good example of how the devils continue to divide by race in the usa is the issue of reparations. the focus is entirely on ancestral connections. you ever ask a native indian what they think of reparations? they must be saying is like two thief take my house and arguing about how to divide the loot. so doh write you care about slavery in one sentence when it's clear your focus is on ancestry.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 09:09:06 PM »
just cool, i missed your 2nd post - here's my take on what you have written so far and where i think there is a problem. the focus of your indignity is not truly on the practice of slavery, it's on the ancestral connection to slavery. the latter will not solve the former. and it is only by focussing on the former can peoples of varying ancestries find a common purpose.

what is babylon to you? it's one thing to reject and eject the teachings of anglocentrism and eurocentrism from our communities. but to replace them with afrocentrism is not going far enough! all that accomplishes is to replace one babylon with another babylon. we must do away with race altogether.

there are whole industries in the western world whose job is to focus black people on race, race-baiting, and not the underlying colonial structures. they are a poison because they distract people - have them chasing the wrong things.

a good example of how the devils continue to divide by race in the usa is the issue of reparations. the focus is entirely on ancestral connections. you ever ask a native indian what they think of reparations? they must be saying is like two thief take my house and arguing about how to divide the loot. so doh write you care about slavery in one sentence when it's clear your focus is on ancestry.

:rotfl: :rotfl:..check you nah dred.....trying to appeal to the rational side of de man.....

de man is a radical.... if yuh get through using yuh rational approach, respeck to you  :beermug:

I go ask my simple questions....

Why yuh doh like pork breds?   ;D

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 03:42:26 PM »
Kamla: I'll step down for Bas
Anna Ramdass aramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Friday, April 13th 2007

Siparia MP Kamla Persad-Bissessar has said she is ready to surrender her position as Opposition leader to interim United National Congress political leader Basdeo Panday.

Persad-Bissessar, in a telephone interview yesterday, said that if it is the consensus of the Opposition MPs in the House of Representatives to have Panday return to the position he held before, she is willing to step down.

Panday is expected to be screened today to contest the Couva North constituency seat.

"I have no difficulty with vacating the seat of Opposition Leader as that position came to me because of Mr Panday's legal impediment," she said.

Her willingness to give Panday the lead front seat on the Opposition benches comes even as Government is currently seeking a ruling of the High Court to determine whether or not Panday should officially re-enter the Parliament as the representative for Couva North following the collapse of a conviction.

Persad-Bissesar said that since Panday no longer has any conviction, he has the legal right to his Couva North and Opposition Leader seat.

"Right now if elections are called in the morning and Mr Panday wins his seat he will be able to sit in the Parliament," she said, adding that Government was "holding the Parliament to ransom" by seeking High Court intervention on the issue.

Persad-Bissessar made history in the country by becoming the first woman to be appointed as Opposition Leader on April 26, 2006.

The position was declared vacant by President George Maxwell Richards after Panday was convicted of failing to make an accurate declaration to the Integrity Commission regarding a London bank account.

Persad-Bissesar said that nominees for 12 constituency seats will be screened today, including her own seat in which she is unopposed.

She said the screening process is expected to be wrapped up by Sunday and then the candidates will have to be approved by the national executive of the party.

only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 06:44:38 PM »
Any strong women in trini politics.?? any at all steups. willing to fight.
they all seem to be lap dogs always bowing.
sheesh man
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 06:51:23 PM by THE Polished Hoe »

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 10:10:18 PM »
sheesh man

I'd advise you to read Mary King, Dana Seetahal, Gillian Lucky before posting such tripe.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 10:50:43 PM »
sheesh man

I'd advise you to read Mary King, Dana Seetahal, Gillian Lucky before posting such tripe.
what tripe man....yes they members of parliment and senate. btu as with any politician now adays. please tellme what they have actrually done for the people. just being in parliment and being female excuse dem from getting flack for lack of real effect.  u only hear about them as with all de rest of mps when somin ahppy in dey continuency and they get a photo op.
 like it or not we need some strong real femlae leaders..
ah thatcher(like she or not), indira ghandi, golda mier or even dame eugena charles.
mary king, gillian lucky nice read in de papers.....
and?>?>>>>
steups eh

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 12:02:03 AM »
sheesh man

what tripe man....yes they members of parliment and senate. btu as with any politician now adays. please tellme what they have actrually done for the people. just being in parliment and being female excuse dem from getting flack for lack of real effect.  u only hear about them as with all de rest of mps when somin ahppy in dey continuency and they get a photo op.
 like it or not we need some strong real femlae leaders..
ah thatcher(like she or not), indira ghandi, golda mier or even dame eugena charles.
mary king, gillian lucky nice read in de papers.....
and?>?>>>>
steups eh

Which of our current male politicians show positive/strong characteristics that intersect with those leaders you list above?
In my opinion, NONE. So why are you holding our female politicians to a higher standard than the male leaders?

As for what these women do other than pose for photo opportunities in their constituency? Do you even know who these people are before you critisize them?
First of all, Gillian Lucky is the only one out of that group that sits in the House of Representative. Mary King, Dana Seetahal and Angela Cropper sit in the Senate as INDEPENDENT senators. Do you realise that the president appoints them on his own discretion? Anyway, the implications for this are as follows,  even if all independents and opposition senators vote against government backed legislation, unless someone from the government crosses, it will pass. I'd like you to try to read their contributions to various pieces of legislation. No not the express or the guardian. The hansard record. In case you dont know where that is, look here http://www.ttparliament.org/hansard/2006.htm

I dont hold any brief for any of these very women. Maybe you want to see a female revolutionary. Personally, I'm very impressed by the contributions of these women and by other persons who try to uphold some sense of integrity and transparency.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 09:49:32 AM »

Ato: Panday wrong leader
Former UNC senator speaks out

Trinidad Express
Saturday, April 14th 2007

disappointed: Ato Boldon
[/i]

Former Senator and Olympic medallist Ato Boldon says he does not believe that United National Congress interim political leader, Basdeo Panday, is the man to lead the party at this time.

"I would say without fear that he (Panday) does not need to be where he is," Boldon said on the I 95.5 morning talk show programme yesterday.

Boldon admitted that when he joined the party last year, he was of the view that Panday was going to step down and the reins of power would be handed to former UNC leader Winston Dookeran.

"I said 'okay, if it is he (Panday) is going to step aside, I think there will emerge new leadership which can take the party away from the direction which it is now'," Boldon said.

"When I joined the Opposition, it was an Opposition where there were no convictions, it was a lot simpler than it is now."

When questioned by talk show hosts Tony Lee, Dale Enoch and Darian Marcelle if he (Boldon) came into the UNC because he thought Dookeran would be leading him, Boldon replied, "I came because I felt like Winston Dookeran and other people who are currently in the UNC represented a chance for us."

Boldon said he was very hurt when Dookeran left the UNC.

"No one was more upset about the split than I was, because I really felt that this was something in the long run that was going to be detrimental to both sides and I think very clearly it has been," he said.

However, Boldon maintained that he had utmost respect for Panday and does look up to him, but "I cannot be in a party where we are distracted, that is a big problem for me".

"I don't agree with the focus the party has now, it is too focused on an individual. That bothers me more than I had admitted," said Boldon.

When asked if he were called upon by Dookeran, now political leader of the Congress of the People (Congress), to serve in his party, Boldon replied, "At this point I am heading in the other direction. I will have to seriously consider it."    :salute: :wavetowel: :whew:

He also said he was still a member of the UNC and has a party card.

When contacted by the Express for further questions yesterday, Boldon said he had been advised not to speak on the issue.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2007, 09:58:55 AM »

Ato: Panday wrong leader
Former UNC senator speaks out

Trinidad Express
Saturday, April 14th 2007

disappointed: Ato Boldon
[/i]

Former Senator and Olympic medallist Ato Boldon says he does not believe that United National Congress interim political leader, Basdeo Panday, is the man to lead the party at this time.

"I would say without fear that he (Panday) does not need to be where he is," Boldon said on the I 95.5 morning talk show programme yesterday.

Boldon admitted that when he joined the party last year, he was of the view that Panday was going to step down and the reins of power would be handed to former UNC leader Winston Dookeran.

"I said 'okay, if it is he (Panday) is going to step aside, I think there will emerge new leadership which can take the party away from the direction which it is now'," Boldon said.

"When I joined the Opposition, it was an Opposition where there were no convictions, it was a lot simpler than it is now."

When questioned by talk show hosts Tony Lee, Dale Enoch and Darian Marcelle if he (Boldon) came into the UNC because he thought Dookeran would be leading him, Boldon replied, "I came because I felt like Winston Dookeran and other people who are currently in the UNC represented a chance for us."

Boldon said he was very hurt when Dookeran left the UNC.

"No one was more upset about the split than I was, because I really felt that this was something in the long run that was going to be detrimental to both sides and I think very clearly it has been," he said.

However, Boldon maintained that he had utmost respect for Panday and does look up to him, but "I cannot be in a party where we are distracted, that is a big problem for me".

"I don't agree with the focus the party has now, it is too focused on an individual. That bothers me more than I had admitted," said Boldon.

When asked if he were called upon by Dookeran, now political leader of the Congress of the People (Congress), to serve in his party, Boldon replied, "At this point I am heading in the other direction. I will have to seriously consider it."    :salute: :wavetowel: :whew:

He also said he was still a member of the UNC and has a party card.

When contacted by the Express for further questions yesterday, Boldon said he had been advised not to speak on the issue.

dcs liek yuh get to ato..lol ;)

1]; } ?>