April 24, 2024, 06:51:57 AM

Author Topic: Halle Berry is set to go bald for new movie  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Halle Berry is set to go bald for new movie
« on: April 05, 2007, 04:15:20 PM »
Unfortunately, they mean her head  >:(

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Her beauty trumps many a starlet in youth-obsessed Hollywood but Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry, at age 40, is preparing to go where few top actresses would dare.

Berry is going bald.

The actress, whose roles include sexy secret agent Jinx in the James Bond flick "Die Another Day," is shaving her brunette locks for a new movie that could start shooting as soon as this summer, Berry told reporters late on Wednesday.

"I'm going to shave my head bald. I can't believe it," she said.

Berry will shed her hair for a romantic comedy which she said is currently titled "Nappily Ever After."

The star plays a woman whose hair is starting to fall out, so she decides to shave it all. Afterward, she must deal with people's perceptions of who she is and how her hair defined her.

Berry said her character "is forced to look at what beauty is, and it comes from inside."

"I still struggle with this hair issue," she said. "I'm going to get the lesson on film, and hopefully other women will get it, too."

Her plan is to shave her real hair on film and not fake it by wearing a cap. But it will be more than a year before moviegoers will see Berry go bald because a new draft of "Nappily Ever After" was only recently completed.

For now, Berry is starring in the thriller "Perfect Stranger," which debuts across the United States on April 13. She plays a news reporter caught up in a murder investigation.

The star, who won her Oscar for best actress playing a down-on-her-luck waitress in 2001's "Monster's Ball," said that at age 40, life is better than ever.

Twice-divorced Berry is now dating model Gabriel Aubry, who is 10 years her junior.

"I'm really happy. I'm in a really good space in my life, and I can honestly say it's not because of any one thing," she said. "It's not because I have a really cute boyfriend. It's not because of my career. It's because I feel good about me."

Berry said she feels more self-assured and confident with her sexuality now than when she was younger.

"As I've gotten older, I've become more comfortable with who I really am -- all parts of me -- knowing that my physical self doesn't diminish me in any way, or my talent," she said.

Nor, for that matter, does her hair.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Halle Berry is set to go bald for new movie
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 04:33:41 PM »
do I need to read any further :devil: :devil:
 :angel: :angel:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 05:38:42 PM »
Berry said she feels more self-assured and confident with her sexuality now than when she was younger.

I feel is because ah dem implants she get....it look real good in swordfish   ;D

I wonder how much dey pay her to bald her head....must be real money...

I heard she got around 50,000 just to show her breasts  :o

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 08:48:07 PM »
do I need to read any further :devil: :devil:
 :angel: :angel:

ah get so excited when i read the title of dis post ...   sigh
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 08:56:13 PM »

I feel is because ah dem implants she get....it look real good in swordfish   ;D

that was implants??  :(

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 06:03:02 AM »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 06:11:12 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 12:43:11 PM »

that was implants??  :(

Extensions, not implants!!
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 12:45:02 PM »
Why Halle eh just shave all over and  go back to real men instead ah them  she dating now!!!

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 12:53:43 PM »
Why Halle eh just shave all over and  go back to real men instead ah them  she dating now!!!

Alberta...ah get de sense dat yuh vex.  What is yuh definition of ah real man?  Ah curious.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 01:04:05 PM »
ah vex  yes  but ah go leave it at that.  What happen like she blight or what when it comes to men of a ah different persuasion?

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 01:09:08 PM »
ah vex  yes  but ah go leave it at that.  What happen like she blight or what when it comes to men of a ah different persuasion?

Doh try tuh dodge de question now. Yuh make ah comment, leh meh hear yuh. I self want tuh know.  Yuh might be very right bout dat las comment.  I cyar blame she one bit.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 01:14:57 PM »
Look nah....for a woman of her claibre; I mean when she look in the mirror and when people who eh know the lady's background see her for the firt time, we know how she will be defined. I just doh understand how  both women of her claibre and also males of her persuasion cyar find suitable males within the same status and background?

Now ah plain oridinary man like me, attributes  that tuh being blight. I could understand my own struggles but oh lawd it eh like them eh have the money or the social circles to  move about in?

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »
Look nah....for a woman of her claibre; I mean when she look in the mirror and when people who eh know the lady's background see her for the firt time, we know how she will be defined. I just doh understand how  both women of her claibre and also males of her persuasion cyar find suitable males within the same status and background?

Now ah plain oridinary man like me, attributes  that tuh being blight. I could understand my own struggles but oh lawd it eh like them eh have the money or the social circles to  move about in?

But Alberta...what are her choices?  If, for argument sake, she is to only pick ah black man, who exactly in Hollywood she go pick?  Most ah de black, successful man and dem married.  Furthermore, she half white sheself.  So what. She mus ignore and excluse de white side so as tuh appease black people notions?  Is not only Halle who have dem kinda issues?  Do you know dat 70% of black women in America single?  Yuh know why?  Plenty ah dem waiting or looking on a good black man and de numbers jes not dere.  Fistly, women outnumber men no matter what race yuh belong to.  So if is one man tuh one woman, yuh know dat plenty woman getting leave out.  Den if yuh break dong dem numbers further into race, yuh have even LESS black man tuh choose from.  Remember, it have more black man in jail or gettin kill dan any other.  Den yuh have de US insistence on being in every friggin war dey could invent which den further deminishes de men numbers by death. 

So what is ah American woman duh do and more so, ah black American woman.  De statistics not dat different in Canada.  I tink we have tuh stop dis whole attitude of only black marrying black, chinee marryin chinee and all dat. 

If de white man she have treating she good, den all de more power tuh Halle.  I glad fuh she.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 01:33:22 PM »
ummm....... I eh saying no ah just saying og gosh give ah brother ah good chance nah? ah sure it have black men that would willing take up the mantle to accommodate. And yes I eh saying that it has to be exclusively a black white thing but yuh notiv=ce Paris Hilton eh with ah black man or is she?

I eh see Angelina Jolie that way? As amatter fo fact yuh eh seeing too many prominient 'so calle 'white'  female stars moving along that treak. Leh we even up the playing field and sure  every man woamn for they  own but ah tired ah them movies wheich propogate the exquisite 'black' female being rescued by a white male.

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 01:35:27 PM »
Didn't she have inverted nipples in swordfish?
I really remember them NOT being anything spectacular....ah Lisa Carr sunday punch special beat that anyday

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 01:39:38 PM »
ummm....... I eh saying no ah just saying og gosh give ah brother ah good chance nah? ah sure it have black men that would willing take up the mantle to accommodate. And yes I eh saying that it has to be exclusively a black white thing but yuh notiv=ce Paris Hilton eh with ah black man or is she?

I eh see Angelina Jolie that way? As amatter fo fact yuh eh seeing too many prominient 'so calle 'white'  female stars moving along that treak. Leh we even up the playing field and sure  every man woamn for they  own but ah tired ah them movies wheich propogate the exquisite 'black' female being rescued by a white male.

Alberta...ah not going an share meh full opinions bout dat on dis board.  I go talk dat wid you one on one one ah dese days when we enjoyin a nice roti and red solo.  But ah would say dis, if Halle was only dating white man, ah could maybe see yuh point but fact of de matter is dat until dis man she wid, I never hear or see she wid ah white man.  She marry TWO black man and date enough other black ones.  Halle and me eh frens, so me eh know what went dong wid dem relationships.  One fella back in de day box Halle so hard in she ears dat she have loss ah hearing in one ear.  Who knows...maybe when Halle wid ah black man, dat memory does come flashin back and could be part ah de problem.  I doh know.  Ah jes tinkin out loud.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 01:40:13 PM »
Didn't she have inverted nipples in swordfish?
I really remember them NOT being anything spectacular....ah Lisa Carr sunday punch special beat that anyday

???   ???

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 01:40:53 PM »

Alberta ah hear de last "black guy" she had use to beat she  :( ah NFL player..so what you think she should do...she looks happy..so I happy for she..ah still waiting for me turn doh  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 02:20:40 PM »
So wait nah...if ah woman  'horn' yuh , that mean yuh done with woman?
Look nah yuh cyar genaralize about  all because of one experience.
If yuh get ah bad roti, yuh done eating roti?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 02:33:07 PM »
No for one roti

But if ah get three bad roti in ah row...Is done I done with all curry foods oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »
What if is not the curry but is yuh allergies? What if yuh stomach cyar handle the  curry spice?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 02:38:47 PM »
den ah go hadda stick to dry buss-up shot
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 02:38:57 PM »
given current "hairstyle" trends, i would better anybody here real $$$ that hallie done bald.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 02:51:26 PM »
So wait nah...if ah woman  'horn' yuh , that mean yuh done with woman?
Look nah yuh cyar genaralize about  all because of one experience.
If yuh get ah bad roti, yuh done eating roti?

Horn is one ting...hit is anudder.

Ah doh tink she done eat roti...she mus be jes done eatin goat roti and stickin tuh strimps now.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 08:41:41 AM »
Ah wonder if Halle ever tasted a 'south' ROTI?

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 08:56:01 AM »
Ah wonder if Halle ever tasted a 'south' ROTI?

why you so bad???

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 08:56:07 AM »

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Her beauty trumps many a starlet in youth-obsessed Hollywood but Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry, at age 40, is preparing to go where few top actresses would dare.

Berry is going bald.

The actress, whose roles include sexy secret agent Jinx in the James Bond flick "Die Another Day," is shaving her brunette locks for a new movie that could start shooting as soon as this summer, Berry told reporters late on Wednesday.

Berry will shed her hair for a romantic comedy which she said is currently titled "Nappily Ever After."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting title given all the ruckus with Imus. Another point : here she in another movie with Bruce Willis now.

I WANT TO SEE DENZEL WASHINGTON IN MORE MOVIVES SEDUCING GYWNTH PALTROW;
NICOLE KIDMAN; ANGELIA JOLIE; AND MORE ARE THEM FLIPPNG WHITE ACTRESS !!!!!
LEH WE SEE HOW THE PUBLIC GO TAKE TO THAT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could yuh see this woman in Moruga at an all inclusive saying she retired from hollywood and staying in TNT?
http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Celebs/Galleries/Articles/Gallery_Halle.htm?feedname=Photo_Gallery-Halle&pos=15&nolookup=true

« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 09:02:58 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 09:25:02 AM »

Berry is going bald.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting title given all the ruckus with Imus. Another point : here she in another movie with Bruce Willis now.

I WANT TO SEE DENZEL WASHINGTON IN MORE MOVIVES SEDUCING GYWNTH PALTROW;
NICOLE KIDMAN; ANGELIA JOLIE; AND MORE ARE THEM FLIPPNG WHITE ACTRESS !!!!!
LEH WE SEE HOW THE PUBLIC GO TAKE TO THAT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could yuh see this woman in Moruga at an all inclusive saying she retired from hollywood and staying in TNT?
http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Celebs/Galleries/Articles/Gallery_Halle.htm?feedname=Photo_Gallery-Halle&pos=15&nolookup=true

Dat woman would look good in a potato bag!!

1]; } ?>