April 29, 2024, 02:23:00 AM

Author Topic: Honduras vs Canada on June 2......  (Read 3253 times)

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Honduras vs Canada on June 2......
« on: April 05, 2007, 07:20:25 PM »

This will be an away match for Canada.

Now all we need is a coach!? ::)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Honduras vs Canada on June 2......
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 09:26:26 AM »

Simoes will make you a better side...and a serious contender for one of the spots in 2010.
What are you guys waiting on to sign him?

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 12:24:39 PM »

Simoes will make you a better side...and a serious contender for one of the spots in 2010.

We have now gone 11 months without a permanent coach.  Absolutely ridiculous !

We are now being told April 20 for the announcement.

Whoever it is, they will have zero preperation for the Gold Cup. 

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 01:15:04 PM »

So why did you guys dump him? Ungrateful!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 01:29:59 PM »

We didnt dump Simoes!  His contract expired and he got an offer to join the technical staff Flamengo in Brazil (so he said) for twice what we were paying him at the time. At the time, the local coaches were second guessing the man on the local sport call-in programs...so he basically left the Jamaica job.

He was in contention recently....he re-applied for the job, along with Bora and a few others. Bora won out in the end. When Simoes was TD, the current JFF president Crenston Boxhill was equipment manager for the senior team. He was fired by Simoes...so Simoes was obviously at a disadvantage when Boxhill recieved his application, even though he was asking for roughly US$500K per year (half of what Bora is now being paid).

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 01:34:59 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 01:48:36 PM »

We didnt dump Simoes!  His contract expired and he got an offer to join the technical staff Flamengo in Brazil (so he said) for twice what we were paying him at the time. At the time, the local coaches were second guessing the man on the local sport call-in programs...so he basically left the Jamaica job.

He was in contention recently....he re-applied for the job, along with Bora and a few others. Bora won out in the end. When Simoes was TD, the current JFF president Crenston Boxhill was equipment manager for the senior team. He was fired by Simoes...so Simoes was obviously at a disadvantage when Boxhill recieved his application, even though he was asking for roughly US$500K per year (half of what Bora is now being paid).

Reggaefan,

I'm not sure about that. As a Jamaican myself, I think if Simoes really applied for the job, any sensible JFF president would've hired him instead of Bora Milutinovic. Simoes is obviously very familair with our NPL and the players so it's a no-brainer. I'm still not convinced about Bora being the person to lead the boyz ( see my posts over on the reggaeboyz site). He is riding off of his WC success in the 90's with Costa Rica and the USA teams but i think he's too old and he's past it. Boxhill is a moron if he infact didn't hire Rene Simoes if Rene wanted the head coaching post.
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 05:35:49 AM »

Reggaefan,

I'm not sure about that. As a Jamaican myself, I think if Simoes really applied for the job, any sensible JFF president would've hired him instead of Bora Milutinovic. Simoes is obviously very familair with our NPL and the players so it's a no-brainer. I'm still not convinced about Bora being the person to lead the boyz ( see my posts over on the reggaeboyz site). He is riding off of his WC success in the 90's with Costa Rica and the USA teams but i think he's too old and he's past it. Boxhill is a moron if he infact didn't hire Rene Simoes if Rene wanted the head coaching post.

Simoes applied for the Jamaica job back when he was coach of Iran's under-23, round about the same time when the JFF was looking to employ a new TD. Surely, the JFF boss would have looked at Boras resume with more interest, having coached the top 3 CONCACAF teams at some point (Costa Rica, Mexico, USA), and the fact that he has been to the world cup 5 times. Yes, simoes knows Jamaica's football culture than anyone else...but when you put his resume side by side with bora's, Bora wins out hands down.

Simoes would have been, and perhaps is still my choice...but something tells me that Bora, with time on his hand, can do as good, or better a job than simoes did.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 08:40:11 AM »
Jamaica will play Haiti in Miami on May 5th. The fight for regional hegemony is taking a more direct approach. That's a dangerous move for the Boyz as they finally agree to meet Haiti outside of Jamaica. A win will help them keep their status of giant in CFU, but a loss will simply send them deeper into despair and confirms Haiti's newly acquired status of serious contender in the GC.

This will be an interesting match, specially if both teams bring their full squads. (Jamaica2009, please bring your 'A' team and ask Boxhill to stay away. I don't want to hear your excuses ;)).
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 08:49:32 AM »
Jamaica will play Haiti in Miami on May 5th. The fight for regional hegemony is taking a more direct approach. That's a dangerous move for the Boyz as they finally agree to meet Haiti outside of Jamaica. A win will help them keep their status of giant in CFU, but a loss will simply send them deeper into despair and confirms Haiti's newly acquired status of serious contender in the GC.

This will be an interesting match, specially if both teams bring their full squads. (Jamaica2009, please bring your 'A' team and ask Boxhill to stay away. I don't want to hear your excuses ;)).

Tuisssant...Jamaica used a team void of any international stars to beat your full strength Haiti team 2-0 in the digicel cup games some time ago. So, it goes to say that at full strength, the boys will perhaps cut your throat agaian ;D. But you never know what Bora might be on to...judging from teh squad he used in the last two games...he might be leaning towards using a mixture of local and foreign based players. If the game is being played on a FIFA date, expect to see at least 3 - 4 of teh guys from England...otherwise, expect a 100% local squad.

Losing to Haiti is not something I worry about...simply because it seems I cant recall Haiti ever beating Jamaica at senior level, in all the years I've been following Jamaica's football.

Miami? Hiati no longer play games in Haiti?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 08:51:55 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 09:10:38 AM »
Aye RF people saying yuh might be ah Reggae Fan but yuh is definately ah Soca Addict! (yuh at the chronic state) ;D

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 10:10:43 AM »

Tuisssant...Jamaica used a team void of any international stars to beat your full strength Haiti team 2-0 in the digicel cup games some time ago. So, it goes to say that at full strength, the boys will perhaps cut your throat agaian ;D. But you never know what Bora might be on to...judging from teh squad he used in the last two games...he might be leaning towards using a mixture of local and foreign based players. If the game is being played on a FIFA date, expect to see at least 3 - 4 of teh guys from England...otherwise, expect a 100% local squad.

Losing to Haiti is not something I worry about...simply because it seems I cant recall Haiti ever beating Jamaica at senior level, in all the years I've been following Jamaica's football.

As I told you before Haiti won't do you any more favors. You guys are too ungrateful. We gave you a chance to remain in the tournament but you failed. And now you are using it against us. Let's put the events back in their context:

1- We beat St-Lucia 7 something. Eventhough you were at home, you could only beat them 4 something.
2- We beat SVG 4 something and virtually qualified for the next rounds. Eventhough you were at home, you lost 1-2 to SVG.
3- Going into the last games you needed to beat Haiti and hoped that SVG failed to beat St Lucia by a large margin.
4- Haiti, which was virtually qualified, let you win. Remember you scored two goals in the first half. But in the second half, Haiti just took the game away from you. Why? because 2 goals were the most we could allow you to score without putting ourselves into danger. Since you have sportsmax, you certainly saw your yardo-brits coaliton running on the field like they were chasing goats. It was a completely different game in the second half.

You seem to take great pride into that 'victory'. Believe me: you should'nt.

You love to remind everyone that you once beat Haiti 3-0 in Kingston. Congrats. But, shouldn't there be a return leg in Port-au-Prince? Why did you play us in Miami (where you were outplayed for 90+min) instead of Port-au-Prince while the Cubans had no problems to play us in Haiti around the same time? Aren't you the Jamaican on this board who was complaining about Harbourview not given a chance to play  home-and-away games against Connection? Why did you think that was unfair to the Jamaican club? Bro, what's not good for you, is certainly not good for the others.

In your short era of domination, you mostly played Haiti in Jamaica. The only time you meet us outside of Jamaica, you were so outplayed that even Jamaicans couldn't believe Jamaica escaped with a tie.

This time we will stop the rivalry for good. We won't settle for nothing less than what we gave Panama before the Canaleros almost beat you again in your own backyard. See you in Miami.

By the way, guess who will be in your group for the Men Olympic qualifying? Haiti and... S V G! (you are out of luck again).

(let's not hijack winnipeg's thread)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 10:20:47 AM by Toussaint »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »

Since there are no FIFA dates set in May for friendlies and clubs will be battling for promotion and survival getting our full "A" squad will be difficult. But don't worry Haiti will have to contend with Reggae Boyz from the other leagues and the Lunar Cup squad. And at the end of 90 mins the undefeated record against Haiti will will still stand in Jamaica's favour.  ;D   
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 12:49:04 PM »

As I told you before Haiti won't do you any more favors. You guys are too ungrateful. We gave you a chance to remain in the tournament but you failed. And now you are using it against us. Let's put the events back in their context:

1- We beat St-Lucia 7 something. Eventhough you were at home, you could only beat them 4 something.
2- We beat SVG 4 something and virtually qualified for the next rounds. Eventhough you were at home, you lost 1-2 to SVG.
3- Going into the last games you needed to beat Haiti and hoped that SVG failed to beat St Lucia by a large margin.
4- Haiti, which was virtually qualified, let you win. Remember you scored two goals in the first half. But in the second half, Haiti just took the game away from you. Why? because 2 goals were the most we could allow you to score without putting ourselves into danger. Since you have sportsmax, you certainly saw your yardo-brits coaliton running on the field like they were chasing goats. It was a completely different game in the second half.

You seem to take great pride into that 'victory'. Believe me: you should'nt.

You love to remind everyone that you once beat Haiti 3-0 in Kingston. Congrats. But, shouldn't there be a return leg in Port-au-Prince? Why did you play us in Miami (where you were outplayed for 90+min) instead of Port-au-Prince while the Cubans had no problems to play us in Haiti around the same time? Aren't you the Jamaican on this board who was complaining about Harbourview not given a chance to play  home-and-away games against Connection? Why did you think that was unfair to the Jamaican club? Bro, what's not good for you, is certainly not good for the others.

In your short era of domination, you mostly played Haiti in Jamaica. The only time you meet us outside of Jamaica, you were so outplayed that even Jamaicans couldn't believe Jamaica escaped with a tie.

This time we will stop the rivalry for good. We won't settle for nothing less than what we gave Panama before the Canaleros almost beat you again in your own backyard. See you in Miami.

By the way, guess who will be in your group for the Men Olympic qualifying? Haiti and... S V G! (you are out of luck again).

(let's not hijack winnipeg's thread)
;D ;D All good points, Toussaint. However, all this is just serious reminders of who and what failed Jamaica's football and SVG pushed that point ever further. But all that is changing in 2007???????l 
jjbrown

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 03:34:34 PM »

Since there are no FIFA dates set in May for friendlies and clubs will be battling for promotion and survival getting our full "A" squad will be difficult. But don't worry Haiti will have to contend with Reggae Boyz from the other leagues and the Lunar Cup squad. And at the end of 90 mins the undefeated record against Haiti will will still stand in Jamaica's favour.  ;D   

Ha! is M. King going to be there? ;D

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 09:46:42 PM »

Reggaefan,

Simoes applied for the Jamaica job back when he was coach of Iran's under-23, round about the same time when the JFF was looking to employ a new TD. Surely, the JFF boss would have looked at Boras resume with more interest, having coached the top 3 CONCACAF teams at some point (Costa Rica, Mexico, USA), and the fact that he has been to the world cup 5 times. Yes, simoes knows Jamaica's football culture than anyone else...but when you put his resume side by side with bora's, Bora wins out hands down.

Simoes would have been, and perhaps is still my choice...but something tells me that Bora, with time on his hand, can do as good, or better a job than simoes did.

Nuh sey dat king. Bora's resume looks better on paper but his results over the last 8-9 years has been terrible. Yes he got China to WC 2002 but he failed in Honduras. If you're going to go back to his most recent success it would've been in the 90's like I said earlier. I don't think he's the man for the top spot. I have zero confidence in him bringing out the best in our national teams. I'd prefer Simoes or even a seasoned Dutch coach who has coached at the highest level. Milutinovic will only draw a pay check everymonth from the Federation that's it.
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 09:26:37 AM »
jamaica have an "A" squad???     yuh mean england "E"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>