April 23, 2024, 06:14:16 PM

Author Topic: Would we have the BEST Warriors to win the Gold Cup?  (Read 10975 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will the BEST Warriors stand up and represent TNT at the Gold Cup?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 09:18:58 AM »
I spoke to tiger yesterday, His ankle messed up after Costa Rica, and he was trying to organize ah scene in China, but as he said, his ankle is still messed up. So if he even get pick, I doh know how fit he go be. I know he in Trinidad but forgot to ask if he training with WIM. So most likely go need to be rested.

Osei Telesford, say that he training in de cold rain and even possible snow, cause he relishing and anticipating making Chicago Starting 11. So I may just keen him in! 

I look forward to seeing the team

All de best.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 11:06:37 AM »
Good to read that Wim talking about wanting the best players for the Gold Cup. Ent ah saying this?
Ah feel Wim  does scan the forum.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 12:42:32 PM »
As it relatres to the PACE!!! of the international game.   Is that PACE!!! such a mystery in this day and age.  The pace of an international game still coming as a surprise to our players?  It ain't have no "How to" books and DVDs around for man to buy (with there own money) and develope their play.  Could it be that our local players have a disposition for laziness?  I just asking.  Sometime it sounds like only being abroad brings out the best in a player.  Maybe it's true for us.  I don't know.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2007, 10:33:49 PM »
Alberta you talking bout us boycotting and not giving support and making a difference. "Nothing from nothing equals nothing" Trinidadians not football die hards. We don't support our own. Nobody attending and contributing so boycotting ain't make no sense.

I want the WC squad. We need to represent and build T&T brand. The better the senior team image the easier it would be for the younger players to get exposure. It is called the halo effect. Ask any Brazilian. Even if he shitty you does still recognize what he does well.  Beating USA, Mex, Costa Rica should be a goal.

I think the TTFF should have a camp with as much players as possible letting the locals interact with the foreign based. Dwight retired. I respect that but I still want him to be around in the build up. Let him train with the team. Many people have talked about the influence he has had in the Sunderland dressing rooms. Well Dwight we want you around for a couple more years. You doh have to play but school the locals and give them a standard to work towards. I want Densil to play against Dwight in training. I want the young players to measure themselves against the old guard and see where they wanting. I know the TTFF won't pay for this and is wishful thinking but I honestly believe that is what is needed. Anybody who play against a "old man" and get eat up know what I talking bout. That does make you hungry. Nobody like to get schooled. When it is in competition it could demoralize but when it is against somebody who has your interest a hunger does come alive and the need to excel does blaze. Embarrassment behind closed doors does be good. Bring back Latas too.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 10:38:45 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 10:51:16 AM »
Tnt we want de gold

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2007, 07:30:45 PM »
Just over a month to go; ah  book meh passage; me and meh sons travelling down to Cali. Ah hav  me hotel all reserved. ah just send of payment for the tickets but what's up with the TNT announcement?

TTFF WHAT IS THE FLIPPING PLAN FOR THE WARRIOR' TEAM COMPOSITION? COME NAH ALLYUH LEH WE PUT WE BEST FOOTBALLERS FORWARD.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2007, 07:54:13 PM »
What is it about we never wanting to take on the 'hard issues' around we football? We talk and then we  'overs dat' and then when the iron get hot we talk again. Why we just cyar  rally around this topic is beyond me.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2007, 08:19:58 PM »
Look how we does talk up all them foreign leagues and teams and players and we cyar even have a sustained discussion about we own backyard ; we own team we own football SAD SAD SAD .....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 08:24:47 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 04:24:59 AM »

Allyuh eh really care about the national team? man does talk how we eh have the passion like them South Americans; well yes ;It seems like we doh sustain the drive to advocate fuh  major changes. We should be hounding TTFF/demanding excellence.I eh say boycottt or stop supportng but we need to see better. Here we are a small nation producing  skillfull individual players and year after year we keep playing the same old record with the TTFF as the D.J.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2007, 09:18:03 AM »
Redtrigirl why start ah new thread when talking about Carlos name to the Gold Cup team?

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=26984.msg301978#msg301978

Leh we keep tis one going; who else named to the team?
We ought to be demanding frm TTFF the alleged 'blacklist' or with just over a month to go. why is it that players are not selected as yet and why is it the information around training camps and friendlies are not posted or orgnized? Oh yeah why change how things operate.

There will be a hurry up training camp; organize afriendly aganist North Stars or Bermuda or the Turks and Cacios and then move on to play.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF allyuh name the best warriors  to represent we at the Gold Cup and submissions for the best proposal to maintain a winning team will be tendered out to the public.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What motivates a professional player to rpresent his country?
Is it Patriotism? sense of duty? love of country? or  money?

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=13403.msg133634#msg133634

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

How do these topics compare to the significance and concern about TNT Warriors  representation at the Gold Cup? ah just cyar figure?

Thank you Newcastle!! 
    David James   
    MLS 2006 Salaries 
   Mourinho: Utd never play the penalty

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WE THE GENERAL FANS DEMAND BETTER REPRESENTATION

Politics aside, let's not commit to seeing football genocide in TNT

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wait nah : is this about

money?
principle?
country
pride?

Ah ...what ah 4cup piece of   'jack off' we have in naming a second rate team to representTNT; and Wim go have that side ready to win God Cup in less than a month?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
two days off work; three airline tickets; accommodations etc in U.S $$$$ to suport TNT warriors.

But wait nah..... am I getting the real deal? is this ah formidable team?  Look nah TTFFF stop allyuh fackery and leh we put ah frigging  bonafide team in the Gold Cup.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:00:50 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Another day and no reactions from TTFF about resolving this issue; Yuh know  is like ah taking up a pesonal crusade alone  with this or what? Each and every day we have to keep this on the burner; why are we content to just leave this alone?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Questions:
Who selects the national team? coach or TTFF?
Is there a selection panel?
What is the criteria for national selection?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
bOY ALLYUH COULD KILL AH MAN THREAD JUST BCAUSE.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I advocating for the same as some and yuh know it have people who eh give ah 'fart' anyhow the days to old Cup getting shorter.

TnT preprations is always a hurry up  kinda ah improvised thing why?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
'least we forget........

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Another day another one  this thread:

So this is the year ah finally buying meh ticket and book meh room to come support TNT at a Gold Cup and look at the sh...t ah have tuh content with?

First is a team minus some  core individuals; Is this the BEST WARRIORS? I have to come  to a real test of faith and loyality for TNT. Look, the players representing have made a choice to wear the colours and  go on the field to do the best they can for  the nation. I hve to respect that and support that. These players are professionals; they don't want to go out to be humuliate or to  let down the country. So why as fans should we turn our backs on those who are CHOOSING to represent?

Yuh ever think that some of the players on the squad don't totally agree  with those players who are choosing to take a stance?

Ah see ah having a 'running monolog' with meh self on this thread; it's ok I taking a stance and who eh like it well allyuh  do what allyuh want but ah still here hoping for a resolve.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have the BEST Warriors to win the Gold Cup?
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2007, 08:14:41 PM »
Bottom line: are we sending a team to represent or are we sending a team to win this tournament?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2007, 06:51:38 AM »
Like this turning out to be a "soca Blog" fuh meh?

Dear  somebody,

Today we continue to celebrate another milestone in our country's football success; I pray we do it right with the youths and doh leh dreams of money and professional contracts  corrupt their sense of loyalty, patriotism and national pride in wearing the red white and black.

From this on, let the lingering taste of victory inspire our youths to  one day  continue  the nation's dream of another world cup appearance.

Keep the vile side of the TTFF  from 4king up this success. Let's begin developing these youths for 2010.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
two days off work; three airline tickets; accommodations etc in U.S $$$$ to suport TNT warriors.

But wait nah..... am I getting the real deal? is this ah formidable team?  Look nah TTFFF stop allyuh fackery and leh we put ah frigging  bonafide team in the Gold Cup.

Well from de way things looking, pack ah banner dat expresses your feelings about de whole situation....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2007, 08:45:27 PM »
So people still think we cyar impact change in regards to this  team selection?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2007, 12:38:41 AM »
It's a crying SHAME..SHAME SHAME  if what I read in the  TNT Guardian is an accurate reflections of all the players who were not selected:

John said on Friday, “We are available to represent they country and they told us that we are banned once we stick to our decisions. I myself want to know why we cannot play and why this problem has to prevent us from representing our country.”

“I think there needs to be some feedback. The public needs to know the full extent of it. A lot of people think we are after money because they know the Government gave us money and we got bonuses from the federation earlier on.

“So they are thinking that we are just after more money which is not the case. We had an agreement and all we want is fair play,” John said.

We are not money hungry… we are hungry to play. At the end of the day we want to represent our country.”

If these sentiments reflect how the players are feeling, how could we as fans support them in their assertions to represent TNT? What needs to be done? lawd help us to resolve this prior to the Gold Cup!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 01:45:26 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2007, 03:41:19 AM »
Just to help with selection, many of the "blacklisted" players will be playing in the funday match on May 20th. So, that probably means they'll be available!
At least it means you can get to see the guys play this summer.

Kelvin Jack is still injured, so cannot play, but he'll be there too.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2007, 05:05:17 AM »
Kent yuh have ah stalker ME ;D

You jess have too much player info  :o :devil: :devil: :devil:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2007, 06:19:51 AM »
TMF....

you gonna track my ass?

You is like Columbo, you gonna find me out eventually!

I got no probs with you knowing me bro, just ain't gonna admit to nothing on here.

All I will say is that I'm fighting in the soca warriors corner, and I ain't goona be on the losing side in this. Things are gonna change for the good.

In November 2006 FIFA stated in a Memorandum of Understanding with FIFPro (World association of players unions) that they are commited to

"the prevalance of employment legislation over all matters relating to the contractual relationships between clubs and professional footballers taking into account the specifity of sport and the methods of resolving differences within a football framework on the basis of representation" 

Which is a bit different than TTFFs attitude eh?

1]; } ?>