April 28, 2024, 08:33:09 PM

Author Topic: Battle for 4th spot?  (Read 1843 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Battle for 4th spot?
« on: April 07, 2007, 07:26:36 PM »
Look like Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka run away with the top 3 spots?
Check the standings and schedule.
Tomorrow's matches with Aus vs Eng and  NZ vs IRE might make things clearer.
Those three have a good bit of matches against each other remaining with the first half of their matches looking easier than the second half coming up.

WI can make it close if they force RSA to need a win against NZ....and ENG needing a victory against same RSA.  It is a good thing we playing both of them...opportunity to deny them points same time.
First to 8 points.

ENG vs. AUS tomorrow  :nailbiting:

I only hope the very last match with WI vs. ENG is the decider.

They need to bring back Latas   :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 07:32:36 PM by dcs »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for 4th spot?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 07:51:29 PM »
Look like Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka run away with the top 3 spots?
Check the standings and schedule.
Tomorrow's matches with Aus vs Eng and  NZ vs IRE might make things clearer.
Those three have a good bit of matches against each other remaining with the first half of their matches looking easier than the second half coming up.

WI can make it close if they force RSA to need a win against NZ....and ENG needing a victory against same RSA.  It is a good thing we playing both of them...opportunity to deny them points same time.
First to 8 points.

ENG vs. AUS tomorrow  :nailbiting:

I only hope the very last match with WI vs. ENG is the decider.

They need to bring back Latas   :D

:rotfl: Buh wey de arse is dis?

Buh Bangladesh do we ah real big favour today boy!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 01:10:27 AM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=26451.0

Well the Bangladesh Win...i go count it more as a blessing than anything cause SA still on four. However their next game is against us.....and especially due to that shock...they less likely to have mercy. In addition....we still hadda play bangladesh. We need to pull out the stops for both games. What makes it better is that....if we win....NZ and Sri Lanka play on the 12th. If Sri Lanka win that....NZ go hadda win to keep in pace with Australia and Sri Lanka who should have 8 by then. It tight. Hopefully that short two days home and getting cuss and ting from people might light a fire under dem boys tail and spur them on to do more. I eh giving up yet.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 10:16:56 AM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=26451.0

Well the Bangladesh Win...i go count it more as a blessing than anything cause SA still on four. However their next game is against us.....and especially due to that shock...they less likely to have mercy. In addition....we still hadda play bangladesh. We need to pull out the stops for both games. What makes it better is that....if we win....NZ and Sri Lanka play on the 12th. If Sri Lanka win that....NZ go hadda win to keep in pace with Australia and Sri Lanka who should have 8 by then. It tight. Hopefully that short two days home and getting cuss and ting from people might light a fire under dem boys tail and spur them on to do more. I eh giving up yet.

We playing Bangladesh before we play South Africa.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 10:21:55 AM »
No..South Africa is the 10th. Bangladesh is somewhere like the 19th.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 03:41:35 PM »

The Aussies just beat England.

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 05:42:44 PM »

things going according to plan hopefully WI hope there end of the deal

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 06:28:46 PM »

things going according to plan hopefully WI hope there end of the deal

Ent. It go hurt if everything go how we need it and we eh hold up we end of de bargin

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 10:09:01 PM »
God help does who help themselve. Well God help we out even b4 we help ourselves so leh we thank God and deal with SA, Bang and Eng
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 01:00:48 AM »

I know we not in the best form and I know that South Affica will come hard at us but I feel more relaxed against South Africa than against England and Bangladesh. We have a real good record against South Africa in Major Tournaments. West Indies if they get their act together could beat RSA no problem Chris Gayle usually gets off against RSA, reason no swing bowling really just line and length, Pollock is pretty predictable Ntini good but if he get some cane it could throw hom off Andre Nel looking good so we have to watch Mister, but other than that I feel we could pull that off. Over this tournament England's weakness have been exposed. In all maches their openers go cheaply, Vaughan in as bad form as Gayle or even worst, at least Gayle got a 40 odd but their top order usually fails and then Bell and Pietersen rebuild, to set up Flintoff and Collingwood with some hard hitting at the death, BUT ENGLAND PROBLEM IS NOT THEIR BATTING ITS THEIR BOWLING. IT IS NOT PENETRATIVE ENOUGH. THEY SORELY MISS HARMISON AND HOGGARD. MY OPINION NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT MAHMOOD AND ANDERSON AND MONTY COULD GET LICKS AS WELL. THEIR BOWLING IN A MESS IN MY BOOKS AND I FEEL WE CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT. IRELAND SHOWED US THAT THEY BREAK UNDER PRESSURE BUT SO DO WE SO WE'LL SEE. BANGLADESH I FEEL IN THE BAG WEST INDIES TEND TO DOMINATE AGAINST WEAKER OPPOSITION LIKE IS A MENTAL THING IT LOOK LIKE. SO I FEEL WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>