March 29, 2024, 07:06:10 AM

Author Topic: Manning vs Bro. Michael  (Read 6212 times)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Manning vs Bro. Michael
« on: April 08, 2007, 06:14:32 AM »
PM tells Sharon: Probe Bro Michael

BY KAYODE JAMES

Trinidad Guardian

Prime Minister Patrick Manning is challenging controversial former PNM member Dr Sharon Gopaul-McNichol to research the background of her fellow Congress of the People member, Bro Michael Samuel.

Addressing supporters at Aranguez Secondary School after a party walkabout in the area, Manning criticised Gopaul-McNichol for stirring up internal turmoil for the PNM in the constituency.

Gopaul-McNichol made headlines last year, when she alleged that the PNM office in St Joseph had covered up several instances of sexual molestation by high-profile party members.

Manning challenged her to investigate the former principal of Presentation College in San Fernando, and to submit a report to COP political leader Winston Dookeran in two weeks.

“Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Enough said.”

Manning did not explain why he believed Bro Michael should be investigated, but the audience laughed and cheered in approval in response to his suggestion.

Manning is a graduate of Presentation College, San Fernando.

In an immediate response, Gopaul-McNichol in turn challenged Manning to release the findings of his investigations into alleged cases of sexual abuse in the PNM’s St Joseph office.

“Why must I research Bro Michael quite in the south, when I have these problems right here in my constituency?”

Gopaul-McNichol dismissed Manning’s accusations, saying she had tried to save, rather than destroy, the beleaguered constituency office, after several high-ranking PNM officials, including current Minister of Security Martin Joseph, failed to manage it competently.

Successful walkabout

“I am the person who had the courage to unravel it and take it on.

“He should be thanking me for having the courage to take on these things that they have covered up for the last 20 years.”

Gopaul-McNichol added that if Manning had information on Bro Michael, he should give it to the authorities.

Manning enjoyed a positive reception during his afternoon walk, which started on Nanan Trace with an entourage that included his wife and Minister of Education Hazel Manning, Minister of Trade and Industry Kenneth Valley, Minister of Culture and Development Joan Yuille-Williams, Minister of Science, Technology and Tertiary Education Mustapha Abdul-Hamid and Minister of Tourism Howard Chin Lee.

At least 300 supporters from the area flanked the PM, who shook hands with dozens of residents, kissed babies, hugged children and promised a renewed approach to the area.

Except for a handful of frustrated motorists who refused to wind down their windows to shake Manning’s hand, Aranguez residents welcomed the event.

While most seemed pleased to simply meet Manning, many others pleaded for help with the poor drainage in the area.

At one point during the walkabout, the stench emanating from the stagnant, mossy drains was overwhelming.

Manning addressed the concerns later by discussing planned reforms in local government systems, which he said would manage more efficiently community issues.

Manning gave no hint of the election date, but said party members would soon be responsible for going out and preaching the gospel of the PNM.

Manning also dismissed allegations of discrimination in several recent high-profile State prosecutions, saying that the Government was only doing what it considered to be moral.

“It has nothing to do with race; it has nothing to do with class... or who you are, it has only to do with the PNM adhering to its principles of morality in public office.”

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manning vs Bro. Michael
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 06:19:22 AM »
Politics brings out the worst in people...

It funny how Mikey when he was principal use to big up panday and manning when he was trying to raise funds for the school.

Mikey becomes politician and now panday and manning is ah disgrace to Pres.

Manning on the other hand "bussing files/making accusations" after Mikey made his comments.

Stay tuned, this look like ah real interesting soap opera ...no boundaries, calabash alley and sugar cane arrows eh want nothing with this one.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 08:18:44 AM »
look how allyuh Pres man files getting buss out in de open now  :rotfl:
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 10:04:34 AM »
look how allyuh Pres man files getting buss out in de open now  :rotfl:

hahahaha..boy...politics does cause dem ting..but it have files at other schools...so small thing, it is our turn in the spotlight (unfortunately)...but on ah serious note..manning move like ah lil boy with that scene but i guess he wanted to get back at Mikey.

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 10:14:02 AM »

It funny how Mikey when he was principal use to big up panday and manning when he was trying to raise funds for the school.

Manning on the other hand "bussing files/making accusations" after Mikey made his comments.

Stay tuned, this look like ah real interesting soap opera ...no boundaries, calabash alley and sugar cane arrows eh want nothing with this one.

It have files but I really doh think its the type of "files" that Manning talking bout. As for Bro, always was a politician and he know how to play on words so that doh surprise me. Manning as usual cannot take talk and has to rely on maligning people character. Very classy as usual.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 10:24:33 AM »

It have files but I really doh think its the type of "files" that Manning talking bout. As for Bro, always was a politician and he know how to play on words so that doh surprise me. Manning as usual cannot take talk and has to rely on maligning people character. Very classy as usual.

Based on the article, Manning is referring to sexual molestation.

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 12:39:31 PM »

Based on the article, Manning is referring to sexual molestation.

Exactly so unless Manning has evidence to back up his insinuation, its nothing more than cheap politics. IF he has evidence and has done nothing with it, then he is also culpable. Either way, as you said, his reaction shows the maturity of politicians. But again, this is Trinidad..everything is fair game cause we like commess.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 09:27:16 PM »
mikey had to have been prepared for something like this

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 08:05:31 AM »
mikey in politricks now?

who he riding with?

he is still a monk?

i will never forget the time he come to give we a chat in naps and say he eh picking up no junior sec chirren who looking for ride because "junior sec children smell bad."

no disrespect to the jnr sec chirren on here.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 08:22:21 AM »
This story just reinforces Mikey's statements... Patos not fit to be classed in the illustrious company of Presmen.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 08:31:28 AM »
Well honestly it always had all kinda talk bout Mikey when it come to them thing. Man say how Mikey man they take they pants off in the office fuh "inspection" and Mikey start talkin to them bout jockin and all kinda thing. Me doh really thing is true though, i think they was more goin along the lines of "gay boy molesting priest" kinda thing
THAT BEING SAID I SURE GLAD I WENT BENEDICTS  ;D

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 09:14:38 AM »
Well honestly it always had all kinda talk bout Mikey when it come to them thing. Man say how Mikey man they take they pants off in the office fuh "inspection" and Mikey start talkin to them bout jockin and all kinda thing. Me doh really thing is true though, i think they was more goin along the lines of "gay boy molesting priest" kinda thing

haha...i syure your first choice was pres tho lol. btw is not is not pres sando that had the scandal, is our "sister school in chagaunas.   manning is a two faced scalawag, i remember when we had a big function for the man one morning, he come and shake all the prefects' hands (his son brian was one at the time), met all the teachers, the whole nine.  now to come and throw ting for bro...he has no shame.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 09:47:16 AM »

haha...i syure your first choice was pres tho lol. btw is not is not pres sando that had the scandal, is our "sister school in chagaunas.   manning is a two faced scalawag, i remember when we had a big function for the man one morning, he come and shake all the prefects' hands (his son brian was one at the time), met all the teachers, the whole nine.  now to come and throw ting for bro...he has no shame.

yuh can't really call the man two faced because he come and talk in assembly back in '91. 

not sayin he ent two faced. he is a politician 

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 09:55:04 AM »

yuh can't really call the man two faced because he come and talk in assembly back in '91. 

not sayin he ent two faced. he is a politician 
... which by definition means that he is two-faced  :devil:
Sorry... Patos don't have no shame... just observe how most people on this thread jumpin to Mikey's defence (more or less)...
Score:
Mikey... plenty
Patos... nil
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 10:39:53 AM »
haha...i syure your first choice was pres tho lol

lol....yuh right it was but hey I was 11 & stupid so wat do i know...lol
dont worry i saw the light once i reach in la romain!!!
Glad the only scandal we ever had was of the heterosexual type.. teacher w/ teacher...teacher w/ student...teacher w/ football side...lol

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Bowen buss a wine
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 01:36:18 PM »
Eh, presmen...check this out. It have nothing to do with this thread but i get this in my mail this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-cEuH8YOo

I nearly dead when he start to rub he belly yes.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 09:06:47 PM »
Whey boi, check Bowen wit he big belly, that teacher waz ah real clown. :rotfl: :rotfl:
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 09:50:31 PM »
bowen is ah real cool teacher..however when i was in form 1R, he was teaching ah history class in 1E and he went off (rumor has it he went orf ah few times and was in st anns..i eh how true that is), and start to mumble ah kinda madness and make ah student hug up de dustbin...

in form 3 english class he was ah deadly fella, he use to dig his nose and line up the snat on the rostrum and flick it at man when they talking in class.

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 09:08:52 AM »
ha ha ha
that story bout Bowen makin man hug up dustbin is like a Prez Urban Legend.
My brother graduate in 1990 and tell me bout that then when my boys them graduate in 2000 they was still talkin bout that...lol

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 12:52:37 PM »

he is still a monk?

i will never forget the time he come to give we a chat in naps and say he eh picking up no junior sec chirren who looking for ride because "junior sec children smell bad."

:rotfl: :rotfl:

anyhow...for this last walk about.......people come and wash down streets and thing b4 manning come to walk
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bowen buss a wine
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 07:08:11 PM »
Eh, presmen...check this out. It have nothing to do with this thread but i get this in my mail this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-cEuH8YOo

I nearly dead when he start to rub he belly yes.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Buh wha' de arse is dis? I always knew someting wasnt quite right with Bowen. Ah startin' to believe all dem stories about him having a nervous breakdown.  ;D

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 05:07:11 PM »
the thing about mr bowen is that since he in pres he pulling pranks and stuff. an old head who was in pres in his year told me some stories that i wont repeat here.   as for the nervous breakdown part i really dont know what to say bout that.  he is a true pres stalwart though, always trying to  keep the pres flag flying so i ent mad at him.

i know his kids must be like damn, dad is at it again.  i hope i don't embarrass my lil son like that.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 05:40:29 AM »
He had 1 nervous breakdown in my time and i heard it wasnt the first time, however since then (the late 80s) i havent heard of anymore...putting that aside, bowen is a great teacher and ah true pres man...he like to clown around a lot..one of my classmates was in ah school play and his character name was Dick Dedi..now this fella was big dark and not the handsomest of guys, so one of his lines in the play was.."I am big, black and ugly and I know you hate me", bowen saw the play and found that funny so before every english class that term bowen had the guy get up in front of the class and say those lines so he could get ketch some kicks.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 10:39:24 PM »
bowen at benedicts now eh...hope he eh gettin on too crazy there now...we used to give da man real hell yes
Back in Trini...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 05:15:51 PM »
Tut, tut Patrick ... tut, tut ... first class folly.

It's not so much a question of whether he had a certain duty to Pres as a Presman, it's simply another example of his inability to ever be a statesman.

1]; } ?>