April 26, 2024, 10:00:10 PM

Author Topic: Is Time we support de PFL like is we own  (Read 5319 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is Time we support de PFL like is we own
« on: April 08, 2007, 08:49:24 AM »
In retro, somebody (fellow forumite) say dat yuh cya become a dominant force / nation in football unless yuh have at least a descent league running.
Wedda or not we choose to call de PFL prominent... it is what we got.  One might say well whats de big deal, we does support it, we does  read bout de scores in de posts, we might make a friendly bet or 2 on who might take de cup but I dont think that I like de PFL de way I like de EPL.  I dont sweat missing a Jabloteh game but if Chelsea or Manu playing ah missing sleep. It is I am sure easy to say well de standard of ball in de PFL, de lack of organization, Jack, Romany, Who ever Else and continue along dat same regular thousand reasond why de ting just to difficult but while we busy making excuses about we own everybody else own taking flight. We must support we ting, despite de difference in level between carlos edwards and Kwame Wilthshire. We must put de (Fan) pressure on organisers/organisations to make de ting as good as it could be. We have to let de Local players know that we interested in how they play, how they progressing, their goal averages and physical fitness. I know dat de forumites on SWN are ready to support de PFL in a big way this season. Plenty transfers went on. De Teams kinda even out and ah have ah feelin is plenty upsets this year. Maybe we could let de PFL site know dat de Internet & foriegn base interested in seeing de PFL games on a bigger level online - Live if possible, clear and on a bigger screen...lol... and I am sure $10.00 season pass wouldn't hurt none ah we either. All I sayin is dat this year I ready to follow de PFL just as much as I follow anybody else league and also support as much as I can because is we ting and we cya call weself SW and we not backing de platform that is de display mechanism for our local players.

If allyuh feel like is time for we to support de PFL in a bigger brighter way dis season let meh hear allyuh!!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is Time we support de PFL like is we own
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 12:25:40 PM »
I would love to see the PFL on the web. I would also love to see them playing sides outside of T&T.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 04:18:25 PM »
i`m a jah, and cali fan and does attend alot of there games not all but alot. like every one else i`ll love to see the pfl become a great thing

but seems to me that only men outside talkin about followin the pfl well alot of things to do with trini, and i know alot of gys livin out there ( i myself lived for a couple yrs) and when there are outside they talk big bout trini and any lil thing they in, casue it``s a good thing to be associated with, yet those same guys while they are in trini don`t wanna hear about anything, ( thats most of the guys i know, and i think it`s the same for some posters here also,) it`s easy to say u`ll do it while u`r not here, but when u are u`r  here not makin an effort, like BM post about the strike, all the men from outside talkin about they willin but not able, what i f they wre here i wonder what thye wuda do or say.

but all in all great post bro, i`ll love to see a great fan base att all games, there are games i am at and u can count the ppl there, now thats a shame

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 06:30:47 PM »
Public, I feel yuh 100% and while it is easy to point out de bandwaggonism that exists I rather look towards a better tomorrow when we Trinbagonians both near and far will pick up de mantle and  really support the league that is native to us. Who home must see it as a privilege to be there live and direct to see de game and who far should try to set up with SWN, PFL so  that de foreign base could get in de ting to. Who was yuh Team then? Who is yuh Team now? yuh doh have a Team? Find one.....   Nuff young upcoming startlets and plenty ball to play as de season brand new. I feel it is a good time / season to let bygone be bygones and KEEP MOVING FORWARD. (meet the Robinsons). Obviously de EPL does come over live on de TV in yuuh house so it is also easier to follow de EPL if yuh at home or abroard. De PFL have made and are making steps to provide games, player stories, standings and everything else that de online viewers would need to grow de support for de league. We really dont have a choice because at de end of de day we dont really get to call we self true warriors if we not supporting de PFL wether it be from near or far. Let we support we ting. So dat de new focus could be not if we should support we ting but how can we better support we ting.
Im sure if we try, we could figure something out.

I is a Jabloteh man ever since they use to give away  sunshine snacks.....lol  but this year ah likin Caledonia A1A.   De transfer market has seen some movement and yuh might have to look at de Team rosters to find where yuh players are playing this year.

We is all we got....

P.S.  I would like to see Sancho and Jack send a blessing from dat $32,000.00 down de road too (to TnT). Buy some boots for de under-priv youths or something. It still have some youths who still never wear a boots.   Maybe we (SWN)should just do dat we dam self.....   stay tuned......
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 09:15:03 PM »
I remember ah few years ago, on a TT visit ah read "National U17 Team practice at Centre of Excellence", well meh wife had to show meh whey to ketch ah taxi, and I reach ah hour early to get ah good seat...is was me, meh 4 yr old, an ah fella who live in the lane next to the Centre...ah couldn't believe it....not even ah parent...plus the security didn't want to let meh in, ah ask im if is ah 'closed practice', he say no just closed to me, so ah didn't get it, ah tell him ah want to see Mr. Warner, and he directed me to the office, I asked Mr Warner sect. why am I barred, she said she doh know, ask Mr. Warner, and directed me to the man.. :D..well, when I explain to the man that I from Canada, and involved with football etc.etc...He explain is ah whole mis-understanding...he say nobody don't come(especially take taxi) to see no Nat. Team practice "jus so jus so" in TT, like in Canada..how the security guy, probably thought something was up, or I tryin to pull ah fast one..etc..etc...then he shook my hand, laughed and directed me to the field ..btw the session was conducted by Bsc, who I didn't know, and was not particular impressed with his methods...anyways ah wrote bout that before...true story
TBS, ah feel ppl have to get involved with all levels of support and appreciation, even if is for their own kids sake, not just the PFL games..
I have 3 kids that play football & swim, at house league level, and me and every other parent does be their, and sometimes ah friend and/or few granparents too...true here doh have ah million event, and lime, buh ah does hit up all 3 practices and games, and still make my old-timers games (drinkup) and practices (smokeup & more drinkup), all in the same week....in the long run, even if these kids doh have the natural skill or dedication to one sport...they most certainly get full support, and mostly proper encouragement...and when they finally choose whatever path they pursue, they are strong in the belief that you are or wish you are there with them...dey represent...shim once ah miss meh son final U7 house league, he say dey lorse, because ah wasn't dey to watch him play good, so he had ah bad game...
Many in T&T have to start being there for youths, not just showing up when they reach the opportunity for good times...ah doh mean showing up an buffin dem to improve, buh to encourage dem through the tough times to be all they can be...not alll will make it but many would be encouraged, and develop due to it..ah opinion buh try it if yuh tink ah lie
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:17:42 PM by maxg »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 09:30:21 PM »
I remember ah few years ago, on a TT visit ah read "National U17 Team practice at Centre of Excellence", well meh wife had to show meh whey to ketch ah taxi, and I reach ah hour early to get ah good seat...is was me, meh 4 yr old, an ah fella who live in the lane next to the Centre...ah couldn't believe it....not even ah parent...plus the security didn't want to let meh in, ah ask im if is ah 'closed practice', he say no just closed to me, so ah didn't get it, ah tell him ah want to see Mr. Warner, and he directed me to the office, I asked Mr Warner sect. why am I barred, she said she doh know, ask Mr. Warner, and directed me to the man.. :D..well, when I explain to the man that I from Canada, and involved with football etc.etc...He explain is ah whole mis-understanding...he say nobody don't come(especially take taxi) to see no Nat. Team practice "jus so jus so" in TT, like in Canada..how the security guy, probably thought something was up, or I tryin to pull ah fast one..etc..etc...then he shook my hand, laughed and directed me to the field ..btw the session was conducted by Bsc, who I didn't know, and was not particular impressed with his methods...anyways ah wrote bout that before...true story
TBS, ah feel ppl have to get involved with all levels of support and appreciation, even if is for their own kids sake, not just the PFL games..
I have 3 kids that play football & swim, at house league level, and me and every other parent does be their, and sometimes ah friend and/or few granparents too...true here doh have ah million event, and lime, buh ah does hit up all 3 practices and games, and still make my old-timers games (drinkup) and practices (smokeup & more drinkup), all in the same week....in the long run, even if these kids doh have the natural skill or dedication to one sport...they most certainly get full support, and mostly proper encouragement...and when they finally choose whatever path they pursue, they are strong in the belief that you are or wish you are there with them...dey represent...shim once ah miss meh son final U7 house league, he say dey lorse, because ah wasn't dey to watch him play good, so he had ah bad game...
Many in T&T have to start being there for youths, not just showing up when they reach the opportunity for good times...ah doh mean showing up an buffin dem to improve, buh to encourage dem through the tough times to be all they can be...not alll will make it but many would be encouraged, and develop due to it..ah opinion buh try it if yuh tink ah lie

2 much man on here stuck on epl to love they own league, our own people, on our league will never be good enough for plenty on this site, de same players who get sign abroad man was callin dem shithounds b4 or didnt know about dem... the mentality of the people have 2 change.. my favorite league is our domestic league bc itsmy people playing, in our style of football..

God is de BOSS...

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 07:52:25 AM »
 interesting posts by all especially john public.support for the leagueis important for it to grow.i have been out of trinidad for the last year and will be returning this month and i believe the situstion will be the same. while the world cup euphoria was high i went to a under 19 tournament with tt,haiti and dominica you could have counted the people with mayde four pairs of hands.i have been following football for most of my 37 years and apart from colleges league games and a few international tournaments the same people follow club football in trinidad.i also have lived abroad and am amazed by the intense conversations carried out by people who have never gone to a club game at home in their lives.it is about time trinidadians  and tobagonians inside and outside either contribute to building trinidad and tobago or shut their mouths.the vast majorityof those who were patriotic in  germany will not pay the 20 dollars to watch a  local game and buy some sno cone and pie( to help people eat a food). we are experts on fete perhaps we should stick to that . interesting posts by all.

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 07:58:38 AM »
 i am currently in the UK and my experience here with these people(both black nad white) ,along with the biased reporting in the newspapers and  the  behaviour of   mangers  such as maurinho and ferguson will make  it difficult for me to support british or even european teams and clubs in the furure. my energy and money(the little i have )will go towards making my country a better place
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:02:26 AM by fatman »

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 08:30:39 AM »
What de PFL offering to people to come to dey games? How dey marketing theyselves to de average Trini? De perspective is that de league games is a ghettoflex so dey middle class not really looking to go dey and dey ghettoman on too much hustle thing to go dey too. Until dey do something to make de PFL a more interesting way to spend yuh evening, even de ball pyungs go think twice before dey exert dey energy. Ah want to hear what allyuh say. Bout roots, and supporting local, and waggonist mentality and all dat shit. People does only follow what interesting to them. Tell allyuh dat before. Try Beetham Carjackers United vs Chaguanas Businessmen Security and allyuh might pull a crowd
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 08:55:27 AM »
What de PFL offering to people to come to dey games? How dey marketing theyselves to de average Trini? De perspective is that de league games is a ghettoflex so dey middle class not really looking to go dey and dey ghettoman on too much hustle thing to go dey too. Until dey do something to make de PFL a more interesting way to spend yuh evening, even de ball pyungs go think twice before dey exert dey energy. Ah want to hear what allyuh say. Bout roots, and supporting local, and waggonist mentality and all dat shit. People does only follow what interesting to them. Tell allyuh dat before. Try Beetham Carjackers United vs Chaguanas Businessmen Security and allyuh might pull a crowd

Im a litle confused....  Is it a ghettoflex because of the Teams? is it that the Teams attract and facilitate a "ghetto" atmosphere? Is it de fans?
maybe de promoter.... Is Romany a SlumLord? If by the ghetto you mean "poor people" well i suspect is de same "poor people" money dat holding up de ticket sales right now. De more to well off money does only come out on special occassions.... but I could have misinterpreted so tighten meh up if ah off base.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 09:19:29 AM »
I for one welcome this topic and it's nice to read these posts,i don't have anything to say because i'm always an advocate/supporter of local Football/Players/League as a matter of fact anything local where Football is concerned,i've taken a lot of hits on this forum for it but i don't mind because i support what i believe in and like.I'm this way because i've been a part of T&T Football through many generations and played a part in all aspects/levels of the game.

Although i try not to point fingers/blame at anyone for where Football is in the country,we can't get away from realizing that Football on TV and the cost of Football today is driving the grassroots people from attending local Football,we outside here wants to see local Football but it does not matter to the locals,at home they can tell you more about Italian,German,Brazilian etc etc players than their own players,the attention our players get abroad is much better than home this helps to improve themselves/game level,supporters dictate what clubs do with/treat players.

The heading of this topic is justified,we should never have allowed our Football to reach to this point,it was taken away from the people and now we are fighting to give it back to them,not everybody can afford to attend  games on a regular basis anymore(cost), i'm talking about the real hardcore Football fanatic,we have everything Stadiums,VP of FIFA etc etc what's our problem,i watched the Jamaican final on Fox Sports yesterday and besides the amount of fouls i think those guys are really trying to play good ball,i guess they all know it was being shown all over the world(it helps)

I wish we could turn back the clock,bring back the good old days.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 09:28:53 AM by Coop's »

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »
I just saying that is de impression that many people I know  have. Being honest and not racial or anything like that, i will say that people does pay more interest to things dey familiar with or people they similar to. Most of de players either from outside de country or from somewhat rough areas in Trini. De people from these areas(besides TI) doh really support these players by coming out to see dey boy play. Most of these players not even playing for teams close to dey home area. What is de reason for ah indian from Couva to go to a game? He neighbour most likely not playing. He might not see 1 gyal dey. He may not know any of de players. De level of ball he could stay home and watch so much higher in most cases. No entertainment, nutsman talking shit, music, carib girls, free drinks, nothing. If de level and de notoriety of de players not at de level of ASL, Trintoc, de Army, etc we have to take some other steps to bring de people in to de games. We cyah just say we should love we football and put we time and money to support it because it will be better for we country. I luv my country and want ball to prosper, but we could all talk and say let we do dis and dat, but i saying let we be real and look at de product we talkin about and all de other things it have to do in Trini.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 08:14:28 AM by Fantastic »
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 06:14:16 PM »
I just saying that is de impression that many people I have to have. Being honest and not racial or anything like that, i will say that people does pay more interest to things dey familiar with or people they similar to. Most of de players either from outside de country or from somewhat rough areas in Trini. De people from these areas(besides TI) doh really support these players by coming out to see dey boy play. Most of these players not even playing for teams close to dey home area. What is de reason for ah indian from Couva to go to a game? He neighbour most likely not playing. He might not see 1 gyal dey. He may not know any of de players. De level of ball he could stay home and watch so much higher in most cases. No entertainment, nutsman talking shit, music, carib girls, free drinks, nothing. If de level and de notoriety of de players not at de level of ASL, Trintoc, de Army, etc we have to take some other steps to bring de people in to de games. We cyah just say we should love we football and put we time and money to support it because it will be better for we country. I luv my country and want ball to prosper, but we could all talk and say let we do dis and dat, but i saying let we be real and look at de product we talkin about and all de other things it have to do in Trini.

???!!

Don't understand the term ghettoflex. How did this perspective come into being? How can such a thing be applied to the sport of Football? Is this a phenomenon unique to football in Trinidad only, or can it be found elsewhere in the world? If not, is it really ghettoflex or some other circumstances unique to TNT?

As for the Indian from Couva statement, the same will apply for a Black man from Charlotteville, or a White man from some other part of Trinidad. You sure this is not YOUR PERCEPTION and you sure YOU not being racial and not realizing it...(it does not matter what race you are).

Pardnuh, football the world over is a poor man's sport, and MOST PLAYERS COME FROM UNDERPRIVELIDGED BACKGROUNDS, where ever the game is played.

If you build it, they will come. Remember that.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 06:29:38 PM »
I just saying that is de impression that many people I have to have. Being honest and not racial or anything like that, i will say that people does pay more interest to things dey familiar with or people they similar to. Most of de players either from outside de country or from somewhat rough areas in Trini. De people from these areas(besides TI) doh really support these players by coming out to see dey boy play. Most of these players not even playing for teams close to dey home area. What is de reason for ah indian from Couva to go to a game? He neighbour most likely not playing. He might not see 1 gyal dey. He may not know any of de players. De level of ball he could stay home and watch so much higher in most cases. No entertainment, nutsman talking shit, music, carib girls, free drinks, nothing. If de level and de notoriety of de players not at de level of ASL, Trintoc, de Army, etc we have to take some other steps to bring de people in to de games. We cyah just say we should love we football and put we time and money to support it because it will be better for we country. I luv my country and want ball to prosper, but we could all talk and say let we do dis and dat, but i saying let we be real and look at de product we talkin about and all de other things it have to do in Trini.

fantastic, I can overs de perception and Socafan said enough on it to require nothing further. I also want to touch on de Indian man from Couva. I think that de indian man from couva would travel to wherever his team was playing if in fact it was his team. (fan) Now maybe Couva dont have no team but where is de closest team to couva then? dat would probably be his Team. Or maybe he likes to support out of de area teams because of de love of players on other teams.
any how it go, de only reason dat dat man dont have a team to support is because he dont want to support no team.
maybe this is something new and no ah not saying that de stands are normally only filled with indian people but I have not experienced racial disparity in a football game in TnT. meaning.... when yuh look up in de stands is all kinda nationalities up dey. obviously there always existed a class thing as is de same everywhere in de world but we trinbagonians have good control over not letting racial politics get in de way of de fun/parting/sports.  If it was cricket the tables might be turned a different direction but my argument would be the same because in de oval yesterday it was not only de indian man from couva that i saw. I saw de same dam unaldultered mix of people dat make up de land. 
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 06:58:32 AM »
To FANTASTIC I uderstand your point however how do you explain a national under twenty team playing in arima right after world cup and the stadium is empty, football is also about entertainment. world wide the majority of players and supporters are from different backgrounds in most sports.as an avid follower of the professional league indians are actually some of the biggest supporters at games.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 07:58:59 AM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=19905.msg206719#msg206719

Do a search : Skeene yuh go see alot about the topic of the pro league.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 07:59:31 AM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=19905.msg206719#msg206719

Do a search : Skeene yuh go see alot about the topic of the pro league.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 08:49:19 AM »
Doh get tie up with de whole race thing yuh know. My example was not to say why an indian should not go to a game or anything about who black, white or green in de stands really. My point was yuh have to make yuh product interesting to people. All de things allyuh say, I yet to hear someone tell me why de average person who like dey football will come out from in front dey tv or miss a lime to go see these games. I understand ballplayers will usually come from de less affluent areas. Argue, argue, blah, blah. Now tell mih how yuh getting hadeed son to come see dem youths  play. I am a businessman who played ball at a high level, including under 23 olympic qualifying games for T & T. What we selling and how we getting de cross-sections of we population to come out and enjoy these games. If all yuh could see bout my point is indian, black, white, and chinee or poor and duncee, doh waste yuh time arguing with me cause i not on dem who better than who games. I spend plenty time in de states and trini, and i see better crowds at games in de states(where de game itself is less popular) than in trini because of all kinda gimmicks like free tickets for groups(schoolchildren whoever) to get some atmosphere, music, cheerleaders etc. to get people to come. Marketing, Environment, Atmosphere around de games are important to players and teams motivation. Imagine Hardest and Whitley sprinting around for de entire 90 minutes while flare bussing in de stands and drum beating and woman wining. Remember Triniposse stands does be full and most of dem people doh even know wey de boundary is.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 10:14:34 AM »
We talking about supporting Football as though is a Fete we talking about,you don't have to be from no particular area to support no team,you support teams because of Players you like,brand of ball they play,league they play in,country they from etc etc

In my experiences in T&T Football i've never come across anything having to do with race,it is the sport that really brings this country together(as one),i remember any where we played was a sellout,people will support good Football,the thing is the players to attract the crowd plays overseas,as we develop players they are shipped out,the league has no stars who people going to see,the foreign leagues without the foreign players would be just like ours.

T&T is too small to be just supporting a team,we have to support Football in order for our leagues to survive,it does not have enough people in a village/area to really support a team,in England people all over support Man U,Arsenal,Chelsea etc etc it's not just from the areas these teams belong.I think what has happened is a lot of changes has taken place with Football and T&T has not kept up with the pace,we still want everything free when everything is money,check Football anywhere else except T&T down to parking you have to pay.

We trying to compare Cricket and Football,if Cricket was played every day of the week like Football does it would be the same thing,so don't bring up no Indian thing,i remember the days when schools got half day for Cricket,it had no TV them times we stayed up all hours of the night to listen to Cricket.Football just come like any other sport in the country so don't be upset, this is how sport in the country is.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 10:21:12 AM »
The interesting  part to this thread lies first in the title:

Is Time we support de PFL like is we own

Simply put the PFL is our own.........is time we support PERIOD!!!!!

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 10:50:09 AM »
Hundreds of man on dis website talk bout loving dey football and supporting and making we league work. I understand that plenty men in different parts of de world yes, but how come de stands still empty? If it is satisfactory to say because we star players going overseas and no money here for de players, then we shouldn't even have a discussion bout time to support PFL like we own. I just make some comments based on de harsh reality and suggestions on how we could adapt. Man seem like de more vex than me, while better suggestions to help not really pouring in. Man real touchy bout de race, social standing issues and want to fight down de fantastic one. I done. When allyuh get more than a dozen to a game call mih back.   ;D ;)
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 10:55:51 AM »

:applause: ah real like this post maxg especially since this evening ah going to support meh 12 yr old son in he baseball game. Is like anything else, academics included, if the parents not involved the kids will have a hard way to go. It is because of parental involvement , among other things, that the US is able to make such strides in football both men and women in such a relatively short space of time.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 11:14:46 AM »
FANTASTIC  I like your ideas vis a vis making football more palatable to local Trinis. The league has to give the masses something to come out for. The games have to be entertaining as well as the atmosphere surrounding the games. We Trinis like to fete so let the atmosphere around game time be a festive one, especially if we best players playing abroad. That's how it used to be when Civic was playing back in de day. Ent Coops?

I always wonder if the stadia are almost always bare, how do the teams make money?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »
Hundreds of man on dis website talk bout loving dey football and supporting and making we league work. I understand that plenty men in different parts of de world yes, but how come de stands still empty? If it is satisfactory to say because we star players going overseas and no money here for de players, then we shouldn't even have a discussion bout time to support PFL like we own. I just make some comments based on de harsh reality and suggestions on how we could adapt. Man seem like de more vex than me, while better suggestions to help not really pouring in. Man real touchy bout de race, social standing issues and want to fight down de fantastic one. I done. When allyuh get more than a dozen to a game call mih back.   ;D ;)
      Breds nobody eh vex with you,people just voicing there views/opinions on the subject,is time you understand ppl on here,is not everybody you can take on they going to drive you nuts.
       Don't matter how many suggestions placed on this site could improve the crowds at games,no one thing will bring people out to watch Football it have to be a combination of things and that will take time.I was fortunate to play Football in T&T in times when where ever the game was played,don't matter what level it always had huge crowds,you know one of the reasons why?all our best players were home,they were in small goal,beach Football,Minor Leagues etc etc everybody knew who they were.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 11:21:22 AM »
      Breds nobody eh vex with you,people just voicing there views/opinions on the subject,is time you understand ppl on here,is not everybody you can take on they going to drive you nuts.
       Don't matter how many suggestions placed on this site could improve the crowds at games,no one thing will bring people out to watch Football it have to be a combination of things and that will take time.I was fortunate to play Football in T&T in times when where ever the game was played,don't matter what level it always had huge crowds,you know one of the reasons why?all our best players were home,they were in small goal,beach Football,Minor Leagues etc etc everybody knew who they were.

Well Coops we're faced with a new situation, all of our best players are now abroad. What does the league do now in order to attract the masses?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 11:28:45 AM »

Well Coops we're faced with a new situation, all of our best players are now abroad. What does the league do now in order to attract the masses?

It's a sacrifice they will have to make,let ppl in to the games for free for a while,in that way if the Football is good and they are attracted to it we start to charge.Is like goods give away some samples to see if people like the product.   

1]; } ?>