April 28, 2024, 08:35:36 PM

Author Topic: A closer look at the BACHELOR show  (Read 1322 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
A closer look at the BACHELOR show
« on: April 10, 2007, 09:29:41 AM »
How is it that these beauties (http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=21483.msg296875#msg296875) are not celebrated more for their brains and positive images?

Steve Wonder said in song : " Isn't she LOVELY' 

YuH KNOW WHEN YUH SEE SHOWS LIKE THE BACHELOR, WHAT DOES IT PROMOTE? i Correct me here has there ever been a black bachelor on the show? Will there ever be one? will he be surrounded by white beauties ? or will they change the palatte for that show? Have a single black woman ever  made it to the final with a bachelor?

Ah mean come on now: when I see a black female contestant ah know them man eh taking she home to meet mom, but they  make they play and move on. Allyuh think North America ready for a BLACK bachelor surrounded by  'snowwhites'?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:42:53 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A closer look at the BACHELOR show
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 09:46:38 AM »
How is it that these beauties (http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=21483.msg296875#msg296875) are not celebrated more for their brains and positive images?

Steve Wonder said in song : " Isn't she LOVELY' 

YuH KNOW WHEN YUH SEE SHOWS LIKE THE BACHELOR, WHAT DOES IT PROMOTE? i Correct me here has there ever been a black bachelor on the show? Will there ever be one? will he be surrounded by white beauties ? or will they change the palatte for that show? Have a single black woman ever  made it to the final with a bachelor?

Ah mean come on now: when I see a black female contestant ah know them man eh taking she home to meet mom, but they make they play and move on. Allyuh think North America ready for a BLACK bachelor surrounded by 'snowwhites'?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »
Ryan, In terms of  audience appeal and public consumption and acceptability, the show you are alluding to, does not have the same massive appeal nor does it capture mainstream viewers.

It is sluggish... cheap laughter, predictable poor acting and as a reality show orf merit, questionable .

Sometime after the premiere of Strange Love, Flav started to come under fire from various organizations and individuals including North Carolina's Reverend Paul Scott, who labeled Flav's performance a "coon act" on "a modern day minstrel show."

My humble opinion
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:56:35 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 12:10:26 PM »
I don't really follow reality shows except for Dancing with the Stars and American Idol when it dong tuh like de last 5 or so but from what I see of de Bachelor, any non-white woman who ever been on dat show does get sen home in bout rongs two, so unless dey fine ah white man who have a taste fuh women of colour, it eh happenin.

I have often wondered myself about dat scenario yuh draw dey bout a black bachelor and if dey would put a setta white girls or mix it up or put mostly black girls wid a token white one. Who knows.  Dis is American TV, so dey go push what dey could sell in America and ah doh really see ah black bachelor bringin een de numbers dat dem TV executives want.  Ah would love tuh be proven wrong.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 10:23:05 AM »
It seems odd that shows like this which may be insidiously propogating a form of systemic racism or discrimatory practices is  not under public scrutiny as much as  an individual's actions?

I believe that there are some of us who are so caught up with shows like this, that we are seduced into thinking that what it portrays  is acceptable. After all, which male eh go mind standing up dey and having  all kinda women wanting a piece of the action? vying for yuh each week. From a male's perspective that has to be the ultimate; yuh eh have tuh go out dey and hussle; it on a plate right dey for yuh.

From a female perspective: ah sure it have some who so vain as to see themselves in a competition  to be the one who  'put out the best' to get that man, get rich and live happily ever after. Allyuh eh see how we does get all caught up in 'Fairy Tales" lives?

What are the reactions of the  general public?

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=26650.msg299012#msg299012
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 10:37:00 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 12:29:56 PM »
It seems odd that shows like this which may be insidiously propogating a form of systemic racism or discrimatory practices is  not under public scrutiny as much as  an individual's actions?

I believe that there are some of us who are so caught up with shows like this, that we are seduced into thinking that what it portrays  is acceptable. After all, which male eh go mind standing up dey and having  all kinda women wanting a piece of the action? vying for yuh each week. From a male's perspective that has to be the ultimate; yuh eh have tuh go out dey and hussle; it on a plate right dey for yuh.

From a female perspective: ah sure it have some who so vain as to see themselves in a competition  to be the one who  'put out the best' to get that man, get rich and live happily ever after. Allyuh eh see how we does get all caught up in 'Fairy Tales" lives?

What are the reactions of the  general public?

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=26650.msg299012#msg299012

yuh could say dat bout so many things Alberta.  If dat is all yuh know, how do you know when it rong?  If yuh eh get educated or allow yuhself tuh be educated. 

I doh even know if vanity is really de issue.  It going back tuh de numbers.  Woman outnumber men.  Dis is jes a modern-day dating game like de internet except everybody getting tuh watch when it happenin.  De show doh bodder me because I doh watch it mainly too because like yuh mention...it doh really reflect de true makeup of society.  It come like Ms. Universe and ting.  In Trinidad, dat is still a big ting but in Canada, dey doh really fart on it much.  It's a cycle I think.  Ah jes musing here wid yuh.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

1]; } ?>