April 25, 2024, 03:26:49 AM

Author Topic: Chutney star scores big in New York  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
Chutney star scores big in New York
« on: April 10, 2007, 09:28:08 PM »
http://www.newsday.co.tt/features/0,55241.html

TT’s youngest most talented chutney star Adesh Samaroo is scoring big in New York as he is contracted for a record of 15 shows in April and May. His hit songs for the 2007 Carnival “Rum Like That” and “Oh Julay Julay” are very much in demand at both private and public functions in the Big Apple. While he did not score high in the Chutney Soca Monarch (placing fifth), he was able to contract more crossover shows than any other chutney artiste during Carnival 2007.

He has been sharing the stage with all of the big names in calypso, and singing in all of the major fetes.

“Since the release of the song ‘Rum Till I Die’ in 2004, I have been singing in most of the all-inclusive fetes at Carnival. I enjoyed this year’s season as I had the opportunity to perform for a wide cross-section of people occupying the massive crowds. And they all enjoyed my songs,” a beeming Adesh said. “I am a Trinidadian performer and I write songs with this in mind. I write for all my people to enjoy,” he declared.

Adesh said he is proud to share the stage with Machel Montano, Shurwayne Winchester, Destra and others in the calypso fraternity.

Having survived a road accident in 2005 that left him in critical condition, the former Chutney Soca Monarch has bounced back with a string of hits.

In introducing Adesh at a recent fete in Calypso City, an announcer said Adesh Samaroo has achieved as much as many would in a lifetime in only three years in the music industry.

Singer, songwriter, producer, master of ceremony — you name it, Adesh has done it and with great success in the exciting world of chutney. At only 23 Adesh has the talent and ambition to bring the chutney world to his feet in very short time.

Since breaking into the Trinidad chutney scene, Adesh’s name has been on everybody’s lips, having already toured most countries where the spicy rhythms are known. Currently he is the most sought after artiste in Trinidad’s biggest chutney band Triveni, and his blockbuster hit ‘Rum till I die’ is blazing an unending success trail in the Caribbean and North America.”

New York-based producer Alvin Hosein said Adesh is a frenetic component of any show he does in New York. “Apart from galvanizing the huge crowd into action on the dance floor with his renditions, Adesh was charming the crowd and leaving them in stitches at the same time with his witty interjections as Master of Ceremony,” Hosein said. Adesh’s introduction to music was with the dantal instrument. It was the simplest and most modest of starts for any aspiring musician, as he was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Adesh did not benefit from the help of family members or friends to get started.

“It was me alone from the start. There was no idol or anyone for me to look up to,” he explained.

There was clearly no need for any help, such is Adesh’s gift for music, as he excelled in any area he chose.

When he broke out as a singer, Adesh did not require formal training to come up with an appealing sound to chutney lovers or the important players in the industry, and that has made him the most sought-after singer of his style in the Caribbean

His two albums “Rum Till I die” and “Rum did not kill me” have made him the unofficial soca Chutney King of TT.

The success of those albums means the party goers want Adesh to perform at every concert at home and beyond.

Adesh is now a well-known celebrity in the Virgin Islands after a rare chutney show.

Assisted by Fareed Mohammed of FM Studios in San Juan, Adesh’s new releases are ‘Bart Na Kaisa,’ ‘Mathe Gaiyay,’ ‘D Peas Song,’ ‘Hart Mothe Pagalee,’ ‘Nacha Dey,’ ‘Love U Sincerely,’ ‘Ana Ana,’ ‘Love In Vein,’ and ‘Rum Like Dat’.

The music was arranged by Rishi Gayadeen of TTEC Gayatones Orchestra.
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chutney star scores big in New York
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:33:08 AM »
i eh know who he is but they must be real excited down by lefferts in queens.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 10:44:59 AM »
i eh know who he is but they must be real excited down by lefferts in queens.
yuh know de dman place self...lol liberty avenue.. aka lil guyana.
it have a saying that if u throw up  a bottle ah coconut oil ind e air none eh go reachd e ground.
it will just get absobed in people hair.
look him here
www.toronto-lime.com/music/video/2005_rajin.htm
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 10:49:00 AM by THE Polished Hoe »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 10:52:51 AM »
PH,

i cyah understand what he singing.

why de ass these chutney people cyah sing in english?

wha part of trinidad is talk indian?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 10:54:53 AM »
PH,

i cyah understand what he singing.

why de ass these chutney people cyah sing in english?

wha part of trinidad is talk indian?
u hadda understand hindi or broken hindi just as much a part of trini culture as patois.
it still ahve poeple int rini who speak broken hindi
and many of the words u have used in yuh life is hindi
i eh understand wah he saing nither..lol
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 10:56:24 AM by THE Polished Hoe »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 10:56:23 AM »
I am not a big fan of chutney but growing up in Trini I've come to appreciate the music...I like a few songs from Samaroo and Rikki Jai...and at the end of the day it's promoting T&T culture
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 10:59:23 AM by problemjaydeess »
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 10:57:46 AM »
haul allyuh tail i love meh chutney. drunk indian chicks please eh..allyuh missin out.
lol
with songs like bisessar and pinkey darling(pinky nanny). nicenss..

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 01:53:17 PM »
http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/country:tt/video/x17xdh_rikki-jai-sumintra

look ricky jai gettign on  :rotfl: all yuh remember dis one?

1]; } ?>