March 28, 2024, 02:33:54 PM

Author Topic: Dont agree with Bennie Man on the Local versus Pro Standard  (Read 8756 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
the proof have to be on the field.

Too say the pro league is not the same standard as foreign based is too broad a statement.

Looking at the games I not seeing a difference in how the men and them performing on the field.

Based on the TnT Matches I have seen in World cup Qualifying I not seeing no big Standard difference.

The USA first game

Local based man like Piere play real good in the defense, Rojas was also local based at that time and he perform well.

Eve and Theobald Local based also perform much better than Stern and Jones and that was in 1/5 the playing time.

The next game I saw was the Mexico game
Charles look good in the right back

And Theobald aint look no worst than Carlos on the other wing.

Yes the league have no competion outside of the top 4-5 teams but the good players in the league are just as good as some of the foreign based.

Fact is Charles, Theobald, piere or any other good local could get a contract tomorrow and then all of a sudden they good enough to make the side.

What is required is not someone to look at the competition between the teams and the level of play but rather someone who has the vision to see a good player within the "weeds"

Bennie man Talking shit

Yorke and Stern will not take up to the world cup between the 2 of them they have scored 2 goals in 5 matches

and going back to the last 10 WCQ or so Stern has 4 or 5 goals and Yorke on 0.
This will not get it done.

Drop Yorke to Midfield, I will still start Stern and I will put either a new Forward or Glen up front with him.

We need a young Cornel Glen or Colin Samuel, when these men was fighting to come through they used to buss net like crazy, now they just cruising crusing , because they get "Professional"

We need the raw talant, a wild and desperate youth who looking for the contract not a season professional who just posting up making square pass and waiting for good cross ball to nod in.

What is that Shit!

This is new to bennie man but many of us on this site have been here before.

in 1998 Yorke and Stern only posting up on Lallas down in Virginia

In 2002 Yorke and Stern again Still posting up no damn goals.

TnT looks good when we play men who can run at defenders with speed, Teams like the US and Mexico are good at defending passing balls and crossing balls etc
But put speed and dribbing one on one in the ass and they start to fall apart the last 15 min of the first US match prove that to me.

The US was Dead and Burried in that match we just did not kill them off!

The goals will come if we could find a youth who can take it to these men we speed and aggression unbalance them and then slot it in for Finishers like Yorke and Stern to slot it home.

This is what we need.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dont agree with Bennie Man on the Local versus Pro Standard
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 08:24:04 AM »
KND you missed the point he said has been to many games and he said the pro league pace is slow. Players have all the time to spend  on the ball think about what they want to do etc and they   are accustomed to playing at that level .But when they step up to international level the pace of the game is much faster  by the time they are on the ball 2 -3 players are on them at once etc they have to think fast etc etc that what he was stress .

when they beat tobago united and united petrotrin 6 and 7 nil all the time they  learn nothing

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 08:30:10 AM »
In reply to KND2

Have you actually SEEN a PFL game?  Even on tape?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 08:52:37 AM »
In reply to KND2

Have you actually SEEN a PFL game?  Even on tape?

;D ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 09:34:39 AM »
I have seen at least 5 PFL games over the last 2-3 years, W Connection, Jabloteh, North East Stars, Docs Kawallas, D force etc etc

I have seen all these teams play over the years and I am quite aware of level of football in the nation, having been part of Football in the nation my whole life.

I know what is down they and who is down they.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 09:58:25 AM »
I have seen at least 5 PFL games over the last 2-3 years, W Connection, Jabloteh, North East Stars, Docs Kawallas, D force etc etc

I have seen all these teams play over the years and I am quite aware of level of football in the nation, having been part of Football in the nation my whole life.

I know what is down they and who is down they.

You don't know yuh ass from yuh elbow.

the pro league is way behind what international level requires. Them fellas don't know how to make the transition. Even the top teams in the PFL don't have enough players of international quality. Them fellas to laid back ..that is why when they on the national team they playing shit. ...

5 games in 3 years and all od a sudden u an expert. Get real ....u a flicking louse.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 10:02:47 AM »

In that case Beenhakker already has surpassed you in his knowledge of the PFL.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 10:43:16 AM »
u have to understand leos point of view rather than totally down play the players in the pro league he instead questioned the level of games

good players get better by havin competitive games which is why one may observe the use of foreign based pros due the intensity of their competition they are where beene would like them to be rather than the complacent locals who he dneed to train to be at a ceertain level
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 11:03:44 AM »
Ok i remember that one of the PFL teams played in a tournament against clubs from the MLS sometime ago.  How did they do against these teams? Did they get washed or did they put up a decent showing of themselves.  Please somebody answer this.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PFL vs MLS
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 11:26:47 AM »
Ok i remember that one of the PFL teams played in a tournament against clubs from the MLS sometime ago.  How did they do against these teams? Did they get washed or did they put up a decent showing of themselves.  Please somebody answer this.

Results of PFL teams vs MLS teams
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 02:28:59 PM »
All Yuh attitude is exactly what is wrong with Trinidad and Tobago, not because a man playing in foreign it means he is better than a local player.

Last time I checked football was played on the field man need to prove thing on the field.

Based on my observation of the game I see no difference between PFL players and foreign based players so to say that we cannot include PFL players because they not as good is too broad a statement,

Prove it on the field let the men and then get a run in practice games and let we see who is playing from who not players,

Lack of competition = lack of improvement.

If a man play shit and he keep he place just because he have a big contract then he might as well play shit forever.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 02:39:02 PM »
All Yuh attitude is exactly what is wrong with Trinidad and Tobago, not because a man playing in foreign it means he is better than a local player.

Last time I checked football was played on the field man need to prove thing on the field.

Based on my observation of the game I see no difference between PFL players and foreign based players so to say that we cannot include PFL players because they not as good is too broad a statement,

Prove it on the field let the men and then get a run in practice games and let we see who is playing from who not players,

Lack of competition = lack of improvement.

If a man play shit and he keep he place just because he have a big contract then he might as well play shit forever.

Yuh arguin TATA as usual.

De man say de standard of PFL football is substantially lower than that of International football.  Dat is a FACT!

He say dat is why when some man does come on de team & play against de likes of Mexico, like Whitley & Theobald who is stars in local ball, dey does struggle.  Dem is 2 a de best, if not de 2 best we have locally.  EVERYBODY know dat.  So if de 2 best we have locally strugglin to handle de international ball runnins, wha dat go translate into fuh de one's who not as good as dem?

It didn't stop him from pickin Whitley, Theobald, Charles, Gray, and dem doh.  Las I check he still eh pickin Fitzpatrick, Sealey, Hector Sam, and dem who foreign based.

So wha de ass is fuh f**kin point?  Is jes love yuh love to bump yuh flikkin gum or wha?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:43:16 PM by palos »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 02:48:39 PM »
Oh gooosssh!!  yuh know how long I ent hear ah man get boof up.
I personally have no idea what theobald and whitley doing on that team eh….other than it don't have suitable replacements for them…well it look like spann go fil in for one of them, we need somebody else to replace the other one.
Midfield - edwards, birchall, spann, ?.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 03:33:04 PM »
KND2- I agree that the mere fact that a player plays abroad doesn't mean that he deserves a spot on the Nat'l team before a PFL player. There may in fact be a couple of local players who can go abroad and do as well as some of our foreign based guys, or perhaps perform well at the Nat'l level.......Sadly that is a huge maybe.

The fact is, our foreign-based players are the best that we have (for the most part)....it's scary to think because they aren't that good, but it's the truth. They may only be marginally better, afterall, most of our foreign based players today struggle to get playing time for scrub teams.......nevertheless, they are the best that we've got at the moment, until someone else proves them otherwise. Whether or not the local players get a fair enough chance to do so...I can't comment.

At the end of the day, Beenie's point is a valid point- Our local league is not world class....evidence is in the players that it has bred, the quality of the matches, and the results against teams from abroad......... If you want to argue against that you're an idiot.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 03:40:45 PM »
5 PFL games in 3 years??? u actually have de balls tuh mention dat? lol

I see more games in one month than u see in 3 years....lol

u have no shame and no point!! u are now de undisputed jackass of this site!  ;D

De only games that are exciting are de jabloteh-connection match ups and those game end up fizzling out into rough play!!  We have one or too good players in de league, but in terms of playing at a high level for a long period, we dont have that.

Man does be bawling for Kerry Noray.  Athough he scoring, i watch him play and de man does drift out of games more than how cornel glen does do it.  He doesnt concentrate for 90mins.  

For example, in de final of de pro bowl, he scored de only goal, but he was out of de game for 89 mins!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 04:01:53 PM »
Based on the success of the Strike Squad, I would like to believe a local based team can represent us.  However the local guys i.e Cyd Gray, theobald, whitley, etc. are not performing at the international level. So Leo appears to be right.  The PFL  is probably way below the international level.

Once again KND raise everybody blood pressure.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 04:44:04 PM »
all i have to say is cyd gray is a star in local pfl..so that should tell you the standard

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 04:45:51 PM »
Based on the success of the Strike Squad, I would like to believe a local based team can represent us.  However the local guys i.e Cyd Gray, theobald, whitley, etc. are not performing at the international level. So Leo appears to be right.  The PFL  is probably way below the international level.

Once again KND raise everybody blood pressure.

i agree we shoulda have just a local based squad now..we shoulda just drop all the foreigners at the start of the campaign..but it a little too late for that now.
the TTFA shoulda learn by now that as soon as them boy get a Pro contract is too much shit is start to happen concerning them men..like not wanting to play, then when they do come, they fraid they get injured or they coming just to f**king lime.
Maybe Bertille mightve gotten it right if he didnt have to deal with some of them divas..and groom people who actually want to fight for their country.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 04:54:36 PM »
My preference was always to be a majority based local squad so that we wouldn't have so much of a club versus country issue.

That way, the technical staff workin with players 24/7 under supervised conditions etc.

The downside is of course, BY DEFINITION, you working with your 2nd XI AT BEST.

There is no easy solution.

To be honest.....the Strike Squad was very much like the Korean Team in the last world cup in terms of training.

They both trained, camped etc together for a very long time. 

They were both teams that were among, if not the fittest in their respective competitions.

They were able to draw from their best player resources (Nakhid, Skinner, Chinapoo, Anton Corneal & Brian Haynes notwithstanding) at any time for a protracted period.

Our reality today is none of those.  Therefore, we have to pick our best players who are the one's who are playing overseas.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 05:08:48 PM »
 ???knd ur right, its all a conspiracy because beenie doesnt want to look at pfl anymore.in fact when they ask him about the pfl he gave that response so he can have less of a talent pool to draw from. ::)

u said it urself, uve seen 5 gms in 3 yrs.thats not enough to  make a claim and then say leo(whos seen many more) is the one whos wrong
Hart for president

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 05:41:01 PM »

Edwards had a very poor game against Mexico by his standards.  In fact he played a hundred times better against Panama and Costa Rica.  Theobald played pure tata for 5 straight games so there really is no comparison to make there - except you can say Edwards at his worst is equal to Theobald's average performance.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 06:45:58 PM »
the proof have to be on the field.

Too say the pro league is not the same standard as foreign based is too broad a statement.

Looking at the games I not seeing a difference in how the men and them performing on the field.

Based on the TnT Matches I have seen in World cup Qualifying I not seeing no big Standard difference.

The USA first game

Local based man like Piere play real good in the defense, Rojas was also local based at that time and he perform well.

Eve and Theobald Local based also perform much better than Stern and Jones and that was in 1/5 the playing time.

Yes the league have no competion outside of the top 4-5 teams but the good players in the league are just as good as some of the foreign based.

Fact is Charles, Theobald, piere or any other good local could get a contract tomorrow and then all of a sudden they good enough to make the side.

What is required is not someone to look at the competition between the teams and the level of play but rather someone who has the vision to see a good player within the "weeds"

Bennie man Talking shit

Yorke and Stern will not take up to the world cup between the 2 of them they have scored 2 goals in 5 matches

and going back to the last 10 WCQ or so Stern has 4 or 5 goals and Yorke on 0.
This will not get it done.

Drop Yorke to Midfield, I will still start Stern and I will put either a new Forward or Glen up front with him.

We need a young Cornel Glen or Colin Samuel, when these men was fighting to come through they used to buss net like crazy, now they just cruising crusing , because they get "Professional"

We need the raw talant, a wild and desperate youth who looking for the contract not a season professional who just posting up making square pass and waiting for good cross ball to nod in.

What is that Shit!

This is new to bennie man but many of us on this site have been here before.

in 1998 Yorke and Stern only posting up on Lallas down in Virginia

In 2002 Yorke and Stern again Still posting up no damn goals.

TnT looks good when we play men who can run at defenders with speed, Teams like the US and Mexico are good at defending passing balls and crossing balls etc
But put speed and dribbing one on one in the ass and they start to fall apart the last 15 min of the first US match prove that to me.

The US was Dead and Burried in that match we just did not kill them off!

The goals will come if we could find a youth who can take it to these men we speed and aggression unbalance them and then slot it in for Finishers like Yorke and Stern to slot it home.

This is what we need.

I find it  difficult to take exception to anything KND stated here, as he supports his position quite well. Of course I haven't seen Beenhakkers quote. Provocative and entertaining as usual! Bravo.
Live large and prosper!

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 08:15:21 PM »
I have to agree with KND on some ah what he saying.

If man get ah contract den dey good enough?

How many of our foreign based played in THE PFL???

And then his point about Stern and Yorke make absolute sense.

Stern posting up like Shaq and den trying to dish to man (Kobi) fuh de long three pointer.

We do need a young hungry for ah contract man to run hard at the US players!

I know many here will sat dat we eh no coach, but common sense is common sense, an I is one who does blast KND fuh shit talk all de time, dis time he right on target with some points.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 08:56:37 PM »
Seems like we cyan leave this point alone bruds but its a good one anyway. I go away and come back and we still on it. Some of what everyone has said is true and though I havent read Beenie's quote ( but i see de paraphrase below) what he said is true also about de league and Trini players in de league.

De Pro League is just three years old and honestly is not good enough as a league into which Beenie could dip to find talent to replace men who seeing regular high quality action in games abroad. Point taken! but at de national team level we must be able to do better than Stern is doing at de moment with that posting up crap. I support him as a player but his international form is non-existent right now. I think Cornell (who has few headed goals in his whole career) is finding form again and I would prefer him  to Stern at the moment , seems like he hungry to find a way to score. I like dat.

Also on the matter of form and de Pro League I think Beenie is right dat de pace too slow. It seems like yuh have 3 or 4 fit teams and de rest is well not good enough. From de games I have seen Connection is the most creative team in midfield and Jabloteh is de most clinical in attack - deh doan waste too many. When Jabloteh and Connection clash de game is speed and fouls galore and I would put them against any MLS team on deh day to gih dem a good run.

My point is that it have have some Trini players in form in the Pro League in scoring like Noray and Josh Johnson and in defence like Attiba who should get a regular look. I agree with Andre, Noray drifts but he has form and can run at defenders and score goals . Johnson is always running and penetrating. Attiba is alert and tough to break down. From what I see Whitley plays a different position with the National squad than what he plays with Jabloteh. I dont know is this is always so but he looks very much more different and lively playing with Jabloteh because he is allowed to attack more than defend and holds up the ball and dribble men left right and centre except when deh play Connection. When Cyd Gray plays with Jabloteh apparently he dont do as much sh*t because de defence covers him well. Jabloteh have a rasta defender that was a borse de last two games I saw. I think deh coach is also different from the others I've seen. He drives them on whole game so deh cyan fall sleep.

As to the games against MLS teams well I checked that one out and (subject to correction) de last games that Metostars played here they beat Connection 1-0 because of a goalkeeping error (de goalie through out de ball straight to de Metrostars striker) and deh beat Jabloteh 3-2 after Jabloteh had three men sent off fuh and had to play most of de last half with 9 men. De one game a Pro League team beat ah MLS team - Chicago Fire it was Cornell 3 and Noray 2 and dat Chicago team had Beasley, Ralph and Williams etc.

I think dem Pro League coaches need to listen and learn from Beenie, de man shooting straight.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2005, 02:41:52 AM »
How bad could de league be ???

Anthony and Glenton Wolfe (North East Stars).
Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA Fire).
Cyd Gray, Angus Eve, Aurtis Whitley, Duarance Williams, Keyeno Thomas (San Juan Jabloteh).
Atiba Charles (W Connection).
Anton Pierre (Defence Force).

All on we present national team at some point, even over some foreign pros.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 02:56:14 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2005, 06:59:20 AM »

Cyd Gray, Angus Eve, Aurtis Whitley, Duarance Williams, Keyeno Thomas (San Juan Jabloteh).

Sam,

Naming a bunch of players from the local league that are on the National team doesn't give the league credibility.......unless of course the National team is successful, which it is clearly not at this point. Poor argument......very poor. I hope you were being sarcastic.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2005, 07:18:27 AM »
My preference was always to be a majority based local squad so that we wouldn't have so much of a club versus country issue.

That way, the technical staff workin with players 24/7 under supervised conditions etc.

The downside is of course, BY DEFINITION, you working with your 2nd XI AT BEST.

There is no easy solution.

To be honest.....the Strike Squad was very much like the Korean Team in the last world cup in terms of training.

They both trained, camped etc together for a very long time. 

They were both teams that were among, if not the fittest in their respective competitions.

They were able to draw from their best player resources (Nakhid, Skinner, Chinapoo, Anton Corneal & Brian Haynes notwithstanding) at any time for a protracted period.

Our reality today is none of those.  Therefore, we have to pick our best players who are the one's who are playing overseas.

This is a solid idea, but the public would have to be very patient and te team would needto play a number of International games on a regular basis. Ent Najjar was doing this until man strike and people start calling for foreign based????
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2005, 09:23:17 AM »

Sam,

Naming a bunch of players from the local league that are on the National team doesn't give the league credibility.......unless of course the National team is successful, which it is clearly not at this point. Poor argument......very poor. I hope you were being sarcastic.

You rae not being true to the article or the arguements presented.

Firget the quality of the league..is Jamaica's any better?

The real issue is what Beenie said about the players themselves and why they are not being picked!

Sam pointed out something important..if it is so bad then why are those players on the team?

Why not look for a total foreign based if that standard is so much higher?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2005, 09:34:13 AM »
As Observer said there are no easy solutions to this situation,if you look at the history of T&T Football it's a problem we have always had,it's just that at times we were able to succeed but it's not a good formular.
    We always had talented players but as a team we just have problems getting things to work,and the main reason is players are not able to spend enough time together,when you send time  together there are certain things  that can be accomplished,all players have different characteristics and teamates need to knw them,reading each other and the game, in our country every one does their thing,where as other countrys have a style they all play so when individual players come together they mesh.
    I don't know the local guys or have i seen any PFL games but why are some ppl crying down the league,lets think here what's the purpose of this league?a lot of our professional players once played there, but these guys does forget,i think every one of those guys in their off season should come back and play for a team in the PFL ,it's a way of giving back and at the same time lifting the standard of the league.
    On this forum there are a lot of good talk but you all will know all talk and no action does not solve problems,at the end of the day we have no one but ourselves to blame,we have tried everything to improve the standard of our Football, Minor league,Colleges League,Zones,Premier League,National League,Authur Suite League,PFL etc,we also had the different Shields ,Cups and Classics to play for,(you know at one time college players played on Club teams before their season started).        

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2005, 09:49:08 AM »
...i think every one of those guys in their off season should come back and play for a team in the PFL ,it's a way of giving back and at the same time lifting the standard of the league.

A couple of de fellas (like Kevin Jeffrey) in de A-League do this. I would think the players in de UK would not be allowed to do the same thing.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>