March 28, 2024, 01:43:57 PM

Author Topic: MLS & PFL : ah partnership made in Heaven?  (Read 11072 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
MLS & PFL : ah partnership made in Heaven?
« on: April 11, 2007, 02:19:17 PM »
What do people think of the PFL forming a partnership with the MLS. Clubs in the PFL could be supported by MLS clubs; this could be like a farm system for the MLS.

The PLF benefits from marketing knowledge; sponsorship funds and shared player development.

The MLS benefits from player development and a market where the U.S. $$$ could be maximized to enhance the quality of  players.

This set up could be much like the NFL and their farm teams in NFL europe.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 08:53:32 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: MLS & PFL : ah partnership made in Heaven?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 03:12:37 PM »
The benefits you list for the MLS are not benefits at all. Not in the sense that there are better organized, better supported leagues, in countries that produce more young talent than T&T. Besides, the MLS is in it's own development phase. In conjunction with the USSF, it will seek to develop US talent. The US youth market is still largely untapped, with young urban/ immigrant/minority talent the next frontier The MLS is now partnering up with the Bundesliga and has bigger aspirations than teaming up with T&T...notice the links that clubs are making with teams like Chivas and Real Madrid. T&T has no added value to the US and T&T players aren't particularly glamorous and have little marketing value.so watch the MLS make ties with European teams, Mexican, Brazilian, Argentine teams...even Costa Rica and Jamaica have a better chance at what you talking about than T&T. Your idea would be nice and who knows..anything could happen...but it real unlikely cause I not seeing the value to the MLS

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 03:16:25 PM »
What do people think of the PFL forming a partnership with the MLS. Clubs in the PFL could be supported by MLS clubs; this could be like a farm system for the MLS.

The PLF benefits from marketing knowledge; sponsorship funds and shared player development.

The MLS benefits from player development and amarket wheer the U.S. $$$ could be maximized to enhance the quality of  players.

what kind of weed you smoking boi :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 04:28:54 PM »
Yeah ;  allyuh men are football gods allyuh right. There are no benefits; It's all B.S. about any potential partnership. Possibilities  like these are a  waste of time. Sure  there are better leagues and yes TNT  does not have any marketable commodities. Let's continue to think small; act small and leave those with  big leagues to continue to take away the best from the same land where the formative developemnt is nourished.

Leh we just tuck we tail between we legs and continue  thinking that we have nothing to offer and that partnerships  like these are futile. It amazes me that J.A could get a sport Fox  link up for their league and we are still wallowing in the fact that we do not have anything worthwhile to offer.

Yeah yeah.... allyuh men right allyuh men have it going...... good thanks. Some men see ah glass  like it is  a plastic cup. Good ah go leave this idea  alone.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 04:42:08 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 04:44:48 PM »
As far fetched as this might seem, I think it is feasible..but is the MLS intersted? Men laughing but I read where Tobago United and Jabloteh trying to foster relationships with EPL and other Europeans leagues..and them leagues were not laughing in we face...but as Filho say, if the MLS think they can't get anything from it, then it would not happen.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 05:13:11 PM »
Yeah ;  allyuh men are football gods allyuh right. There are no benefits; It's all B.S. about any potential partnership. Possibilities  like these are a  waste of time. Sure  there are better leagues and yes TNT  does not have any marketable commodities. Let's continue to think small; act small and leave those with  big leagues to continue to take away the best from the same land where the formative developemnt is nourished.

Leh we just tuck we tail between we legs and continue  thinking that we have nothing to offer and that partnerships  like these are futile. It amazes me that J.A could get a sport Fox  link up for their league and we are still wallowing in the fact that we do not have anything worthwhile to offer.

Yeah yeah.... allyuh men right allyuh men have it going...... good thanks. Some men see ah glass  like it is  a plastic cup. Good ah go leave this idea  alone.

Big man like you? You're a joker yes. Men disagree with your proposition and you sour- sarcastically callin' men football gods, and underhandedly dissin' people with an opposing view- steupsss- so what? you're a football god?......what have you said that was so genius? and what yuh posting for if men can't express an honest opinion. Like you not looking to for open dialogue- you just lookin' for men to jump on a bandwagon...

That said, it would be great (for T&T at least) for the MLS & PFL to have strategic alliance- no one would deny that. At this stage, unless you know better, there appears to be no impetus for such to happen. The PFL is not a very appealing league (plain talk eh no bad manners), and the MLS authorities appear to be more interested in aligning themselves with more established players in the market.

If some diamonds start to emerge out of the rough, (More Peltiers & Guerras etc..) and the right connections, marketing & networking take effect, a bold initiative & a very compelling argument (unlike your post Alberta), could probably swing things.

As of now- it seems far fetched. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:17:56 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 05:21:49 PM »
Yuh think that sacarstic? I mean fuh real!!!! I went on a limp with ah idea, realize it was farfetched and I done the talk to better men who see it differently. So ah was a little over meh head with this idea and  flippantly leave that up to men who are Gods in this area. Me eh know the tone came out as being sarcastic.

ummmm.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 06:01:49 PM »

haha...my goodness....what a jackass response. yeah..take your ball and go home. you like a petulant child. putting words in people mouths and acting up because someone disagrees with the viability of your propositon. what you posting on a public forum for then? my opinion is based on what I think the MLS would be looking for based on how that league is developing and the kinds of moves they have been making. They seem to want to align with established leagues. I just don't think the PFL would be an attractive offer right now for the MLS for a few reasons. Of course it is just my opinion. And I did not completely rule out the possibility. Just seems unlikely. Read my last sentence yuh clown...I do think such an alliance would be nice....i am sure something like that would be welcomed whole-heartedly by all T&T football fans. it just does not seem feasible. And I would be very very happy to be wrong. I eh trying to shoot you down..just expressing an opinion. That is not thinking small and I don't think we have nothing to offer. But I do believe there is a bare minimum we need to fix in our own house before a project like that could be viable. I think you looking for the 'great white hope' too early in the process. Look at my points and counterpoint them if you disagree....But don't be such a drama queen.  And kicker is right... you were being sarcastic...either that or you don't know what it means. U will fool absolutely NOONE with that bs response to not knowing you were being sarcastic :D Anyhow...bring on the MLS..or better yet the Dutch  :beermug: Hopefully that will encourage you to bring back you ball and come outside an play
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 06:06:31 PM by Filho »

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 06:23:42 PM »
 Now I personally would not want to see any partnership between MLS and PFL...We could learn nothing from Americans really...The kinda robot football(although effect) is not for us and doesn't suit our style...A good idea would be to partner up with South American leagues(even if is the lower level leagues)....PFL needs to concentrate on youth development and playing and better coaching...PFL needs coaches and good ones....America have plenty good coaches and more shitty ones so let we eh take a chance...Trinidad and Tobago needs good coaches...Good coaches cost money....Develop coaches and youth using South American connections rather than robot America.. 

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 07:13:32 PM »
Now I personally would not want to see any partnership between MLS and PFL...We could learn nothing from Americans really...The kinda robot football(although effect) is not for us and doesn't suit our style...A good idea would be to partner up with South American leagues(even if is the lower level leagues)....PFL needs to concentrate on youth development and playing and better coaching...PFL needs coaches and good ones....America have plenty good coaches and more shitty ones so let we eh take a chance...Trinidad and Tobago needs good coaches...Good coaches cost money....Develop coaches and youth using South American connections rather than robot America.. 

Breds...South America has a lot of shitty coaches too. And I'm guesing most of them (good and bad) don't really speak english. And even though I don't see and MLS-PFL link up happening anytime soon, US soccer has shown far more interest and respect for T&T football than any other S. American nation I know. The familiar US culture and English language makes bridge building an easier and more cost effective proposition. And most S American federations, leagues and clubs are run like shit and have no money. PLayers are treated like crap and most don't get paid much and don't get paid on time. You want to develop ties with leagues that have their houses in order...they are the ones with the resources that would allow them to even consider any kind of outreach program with another league or federation.

Also, the development aspect of it would potentially be as much about developing infrastructure and professionalism to T&T football as it would be about player development. Different coaching techniques could also be shared....and that does NOT mean our kids will learn to play the american way (altho' whenever we play them their football is far more attractive than ours)....but it may teach greater emphasis on technique, diet, fitness, psychology, education..etc. Who knows? Like I said..I doh see it happening anytime soon. MLS seems to be looking in another direction..but I doh think you gave this any thought other than some weird fear of Trinis becoming 'americanized'.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 07:24:30 PM »

Ponnoxx as much as we doh like the MLS, the PFL linking with them would be a benefit to us, because they are on the up and up (linking with the Bundesliga, luring marquee players, marketing etc) and in true U.S style, they throwing a lot of effort and money in the sport.

But what Filho said is true. It is highly doubtful they want anything to do with our PFL, especially in this stage of their (the MLS) development. That go be like two steps back for them, when they looking to rub shoulders with the big leagues. Alberta, it is a nice idea though. At least they take in our players, and you have to give them props for that, but partnering with our PFL...doesn't look to promising for them.

However there definitely should be more communication and establishment of some sort of link with the Mexican, Costa Rican and even South American leagues. We are largely unknown to them but have we genuinely attempted to let them know we are interested? There is a language barrier yes but that seems to matter less and less these days - and football does the talking. There are other avenues in our side of the world...the USA shouldn't be the 'be all and end all'.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 09:48:22 PM »
 :bs: :bs:
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 10:43:46 PM »

haha...my goodness....what a jackass response. yeah..take your ball and go home. you like a petulant child. putting words in people mouths and acting up because someone disagrees with the viability of your propositon. what you posting on a public forum for then? my opinion is based on what I think the MLS would be looking for based on how that league is developing and the kinds of moves they have been making. They seem to want to align with established leagues. I just don't think the PFL would be an attractive offer right now for the MLS for a few reasons. Of course it is just my opinion. And I did not completely rule out the possibility. Just seems unlikely. Read my last sentence yuh clown...I do think such an alliance would be nice....i am sure something like that would be welcomed whole-heartedly by all T&T football fans. it just does not seem feasible. And I would be very very happy to be wrong. I eh trying to shoot you down..just expressing an opinion. That is not thinking small and I don't think we have nothing to offer. But I do believe there is a bare minimum we need to fix in our own house before a project like that could be viable. I think you looking for the 'great white hope' too early in the process. Look at my points and counterpoint them if you disagree....But don't be such a drama queen.  And kicker is right... you were being sarcastic...either that or you don't know what it means. U will fool absolutely NOONE with that bs response to not knowing you were being sarcastic :D Anyhow...bring on the MLS..or better yet the Dutch  :beermug: Hopefully that will encourage you to bring back you ball and come outside an play

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Respectfully we may not agreee on most postings but I never disrespected you or resorted to name calling. So if you have to response, please do so in a manner that is not childish. If you have to disagree then fine. A public forum is one which warrants discussion and attimes disagreements on various points. I could handle that but I am not here to get personal or to resort to name calling just because one disagrees.

I have never  alluded to your responses as 'jackass or childish' so youn man keep the respect  on apositive.
Thanks

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 04:53:08 AM »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Respectfully we may not agreee on most postings but I never disrespected you or resorted to name calling. So if you have to response, please do so in a manner that is not childish. If you have to disagree then fine. A public forum is one which warrants discussion and attimes disagreements on various points. I could handle that but I am not here to get personal or to resort to name calling just because one disagrees.

I have never  alluded to your responses as 'jackass or childish' so youn man keep the respect  on apositive.
Thanks

hahahah..sorry my language was so strong, but you really deserved a pullup after your petulant and disrespectful response to my first post. you do realize that your initial response is still there for all to see? that you can write what you are writing now, after what you wrote before is either a joke or a serious lack of understanding how the internet works heheh. your first repsonse was anything but postive and extremely childish...and you threw the first insult..so don't point fingers. look at my response to your first post and look at your reply. seriously....where is the respectful response? where is the positive dialogue? sarcastically calling men 'football gods', accusing us of thinking small, putting our tails between our legs....those are just thiny veiled insults. and my reply to your initial post was never disrespectful and I simply dealt with the issues I thought would hurt such a proposition. i find it absolutely hilarious the turnaround in your tone. now learn to take your own advice and remember.....you cannot cover up bs on the internet...so stop trying. but i'm glad you have woken up and decided to respond now like an adult. of course you still never respond to anyone's points...which is what I said you would do...predictable again
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 04:55:49 AM by Filho »

Offline Steela

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 06:24:06 AM »
I may be out ah line, but you guys have to think business wise sometimes. If the deal look profitable to both parties it could happen, and who will really benefit from such a move. De players in the us who might have some skill to get into those big leagues. It has a trickle down effect to as players from the caribbean can also reap rewards by getting into us clubs and then europe if they show promise.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 06:34:25 AM »

The MLS benefits from player development and amarket wheer the U.S. $$$ could be maximized to enhance the quality of  players.

A league to league partnership may or may not work but there is merit in individuals seeking partnership agreements with MLS or European(my first choice) clubs. I saw a few years ago where a Senegalese club has a partnership with a French league club whereby promising players from the Senegalese club go on the the French club etc etc. The US and England already know about the potential T&T has a la Dwight , Shaka, Stern and now Carlos, so a club to club link up might be more feasible. Just my two cents.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 07:30:54 AM »
I may be out ah line, but you guys have to think business wise sometimes. If the deal look profitable to both parties it could happen, and who will really benefit from such a move. De players in the us who might have some skill to get into those big leagues. It has a trickle down effect to as players from the caribbean can also reap rewards by getting into us clubs and then europe if they show promise.

Steela..you not out of line at all. Most of the reposnses here are looking at the viability from a business, marketing and sporting standpoint

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 07:32:36 AM »

Thanks

with all due respect- you are a joker.  :devil:

yuh dis men and tryin' tuh back-track.....so I callin' yuh a joker.....take that and cry me a river...... :devil:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 08:23:37 AM by kicker »

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 08:37:11 AM »
 I never really mean that going to South America is the remedy for anything but I just find it better than going to USA although we could learn some professionalism

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 07:17:24 PM »
WELL WELL WELL  at least somebody could have said  thanks for the idea!!!!!!!

Now there is a partnership with FC Dallas!!!! ent ah say so.........

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 07:34:33 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 07:45:56 PM »

nice try..dat is a partnership with a club. not the MLS  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 07:51:16 PM »

nice try..dat is a partnership with a club. not the MLS  ;D
Same thing.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 08:11:16 PM »
 Filho why is it some people doh get it; dey just doh see the forest from the trees.

Clubs in the PFL could be supported by MLS clubs;  But the partnership with the TT Pro League is a very unique one for FC Dallas, not with a team but a league.
/quote]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes FC Dallas is ah club in the MLS:  and the point is that the gist of the concept is being  formed and there are elements of the notion embedded in this announcement. Why men does always  have tuh laugh and bring people down?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 08:59:12 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 09:02:49 PM »
MLS and PFL both suffering from d same syndrome, when you look at why european leagues are so successful, in fact you doh even have to go so far, just look at the mexican and south american leagues. Promotion and relegation is key to creating a bubble syndrome to maintain quality outside of the top teams and that is where the real strength of a league lies, the top teams with the best resources will always rise to the top but as an organization you must create a system that will envelop a competitive nature for weaker similarily matched teams with real implications for defeat which is impending relegation at the end of a season.

Both leagues have sub tiered leagues that they can work with to create the system (A leauge and Super league) i heard Dexter Skeene mention it at the begining of this season but i  doh know if will be actioned at the end of the season. The Tobago Uniteds and Real Salt Lakes of this world will never improve if there is no real implication for poor performance. If it remains as is then they will always be considered feeder leagues for more established leagues cause that system may develop players but never develop a strong league.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 09:30:40 PM »
Hey g check this out:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=29591.msg337660#msg337660

AB i understand where u coming from but d point i trying to make is that while that leagues on this side of the world will always have a degree of migration due to pure economics, when you talk about the strengthening of a league you look at a model that would fortify talent within the league strucutre which means that you get the best teams playing each other which will in essence create a better standard of play. How do you do that? You ensure that there are incentives for winning and more importantly penalties for losing. This model requires years of iterations to see progress but it will result in weaker teams leaving the league and stronger teams ascending hence the bubble up effect which over time will strengthen the league.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 09:33:43 PM »
While there is no partnership made in heaven, there are benefits to be made by all sides in this agreement. Just let us see how it plays out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 10:20:44 PM »
While there is no partnership made in heaven, there are benefits to be made by all sides in this agreement. Just let us see how it plays out.
I doh see it so nah...ah doh see no benefits for we PFL, other than ah friendly meeting of adminstrators and players...if our ppl will by some short term absorption learn - what, ah doh know - from this social event, well good..buh ah doubt it..ah know we not go get nuthen on the football side, other than our boys get ah motivation, an realize how hard these guys must work, and doh really play at being professionals, well then all that good...but to say that some kind of partnership, with a club, will help our Pro league...well good luck...if ppl think dey go jus lend we some marketing specialist, accountants, coaches, club organizers, at no cost to us....then we back to exchanging/trading our gold and ppl for mirrors an baubles...good luck...I not interested....Partnership eh ? ::)

add: relationship is one thing, Partnership well, better get ppl like Fpatt involved, and make sure things flow both ways
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 10:25:04 PM by maxg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2007, 12:30:24 AM »
I doh see it so nah...ah doh see no benefits for we PFL, other than ah friendly meeting of adminstrators and players...if our ppl will by some short term absorption learn - what, ah doh know - from this social event,

what makes you think this is a 'short-term' arrangement?

well good..buh ah doubt it..ah know we not go get nuthen on the football side,

Why wouldn't we get something on the football side?  Every year there is an opportunity for a PFL club to travel and play an exhibition match.  Way leads onto way, possibilities exist for other MLS clubs to play against PFL clubs...the very thing MLS clubs are doing with Mexican teams, and European teams as we speak.  This means greater opportunities for exposure for our players, say nothing of the chance to play against a higher caliber competition than what they regularly face. 

Factoring the opportunities for synergy on the training (physios) front and to see first hand what methodologies are being employed by the Dallas physio staff.  As Dallas upgrades on equiptment and otherwise I can see much of their equipment being passed to PFL clubs.  Some may want to turn up their noses at 'hand-me-downs' but I guarantee you that a Northeast All-Stars won't.

other than our boys get ah motivation, an realize how hard these guys must work, and doh really play at being professionals, well then all that good...but to say that some kind of partnership, with a club, will help our Pro league...well good luck...if ppl think dey go jus lend we some marketing specialist, accountants, coaches, club organizers, at no cost to us....then we back to exchanging/trading our gold and ppl for mirrors an baubles...good luck...I not interested....Partnership eh ? ::)

What do you mean 'at no cost'?  You people can be so incredibly short-sighted it's ridiculous.  Who do you think will get first dibs on any PFL player with designs on playing in North America?  You think Dallas that arrogant to think that anybody so schupid as to think this is some kinda unilateral philantropic move?  I could only shake my head and laff sometimes yes.

add: relationship is one thing, Partnership well, better get ppl like Fpatt involved, and make sure things flow both ways

right...because Shaka (FPATT President) and Dexter Skeene and dem is some jackass that they go just let Dallas take advantage of dem.

1]; } ?>