March 28, 2024, 01:59:31 PM

Author Topic: MLS & PFL : ah partnership made in Heaven?  (Read 11073 times)

giggsy11

Re: MLS & PFL : ah partnership made in Heaven?
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 12:37:31 AM »
Nope! Then I might be compelled to watch the sh!tty MLS! I think Trini footballers have so much natural ability and the motivation to link up with leagues should be about  enhancing and improving the assets a player brings to the table. I doh see how The Major League of Sh!thounds could do that. It might be more attractive for man chasing the US dollars but what else. Their own young players bolting to other leagues.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 05:55:09 AM »
Filho why is it some people doh get it; dey just doh see the forest from the trees.

Clubs in the PFL could be supported by MLS clubs;  But the partnership with the TT Pro League is a very unique one for FC Dallas, not with a team but a league.
/quote]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes FC Dallas is ah club in the MLS:  and the point is that the gist of the concept is being  formed and there are elements of the notion embedded in this announcement. Why men does always  have tuh laugh and bring people down?

relax yuhself..yuh eh see my  ;D
it was a tongue in cheek comment.

but honestly. it's not the same thing from how i look at it. i think it is much more likely for a club to do something like this than the league itself. if I  said that the PFL developed a relationship with Real Madrid, it's not the same as developing a relationship with La Liga. The potential benefits, though close, don't change the fact that one is far less likely than the other. Many the club relationship is even better. I thought a relationship with the MLS was very unlikely, but a very good thing if it happens. I just don't see the benefits to the MLS. But you did present a very good idea and it manifested itself in a different way. good stuff.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 07:10:59 AM »
Nope! Then I might be compelled to watch the sh!tty MLS! I think Trini footballers have so much natural ability and the motivation to link up with leagues should be about  enhancing and improving the assets a player brings to the table. I doh see how The Major League of Sh!thounds could do that. It might be more attractive for man chasing the US dollars but what else. Their own young players bolting to other leagues.
         The problem sometimes is not who you should and want to link up with but is who want to link up with you,you always have to creep first,which big league wants to link up with our Pro league,we can't even think of having a Caribbean Pro league because the islands can't link up/come together,everybody coming to T&T does that improve or make our league better is any ones guess,just my thought i think it's a plus because it's not just MLS the Brazilians are also involved and who knows this thing could expand even more,at the moment it seems everybody starting to head to the MLS why wait till it's too late,the people accept us i don't think we are too big a country to refuse,our league needs this.Sometimes we don't know how much work does go into putting things like this together,it also takes a lot of who knows who too.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 08:57:34 AM »
   In my humble opinion, Yuh know sometimes it appears that  for come folks it is easier to be critical than correct. Whatever the level of partnership at this time, this is a starting point from which we could begin to build and create  an ethos of professionalism in different facets of the local pro league.

Understandably, if this partnership results in  more of our local players getting an opportunity for  exposure, skill development, and  a possible job overseas, that can't be too bad can it?

If this venture results in us building capacity  in areas of marketing, promotion and management, that can't be too bad can it?

So I say let's look at where our local league is at this present time, and let's see if this partnership could enhance areas of our league that  would eventually result in the quality of our football programs and players.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 09:01:13 AM »
Nope! Then I might be compelled to watch the sh!tty MLS! I think Trini footballers have so much natural ability and the motivation to link up with leagues should be about  enhancing and improving the assets a player brings to the table. I doh see how The Major League of Sh!thounds could do that. It might be more attractive for man chasing the US dollars but what else. Their own young players bolting to other leagues.
         The problem sometimes is not who you should and want to link up with but is who want to link up with you,you always have to creep first,which big league wants to link up with our Pro league,we can't even think of having a Caribbean Pro league because the islands can't link up/come together,everybody coming to T&T does that improve or make our league better is any ones guess,just my thought i think it's a plus because it's not just MLS the Brazilians are also involved and who knows this thing could expand even more,at the moment it seems everybody starting to head to the MLS why wait till it's too late,the people accept us i don't think we are too big a country to refuse,our league needs this.Sometimes we don't know how much work does go into putting things like this together,it also takes a lot of who knows who too.

Coop's, I have to agree with you despite my disdain for the end product that is the mls msl misled.    However, I don't think that we can expect any association with any outside influence as a path to improving our end product that is the TT Pro League without stressing of taking whatever we learn and passing it, not filtering it, straight down to our youths.  We are always talking about what it would take to improve our football and we are always wanting to fire/hire this coach or that coach for our Senior team, and people on this thread are already talking about men getting opportunities to play abroad and what not, but every little lesson that we can and are willing to learn from these affiliations has to be implemented, practiced and perfected at the youth level with even more emphasis than at the senior and club level if we expect these pipe dreams to come true.  I do want to believe though, that what we are witnessing is a slow and inevitable changing of the guard as far as Shaka Hislop's, Lincoln Philips' and other people's involvement in T&T football is concerned.  I'm sure there are other players behind the scenes whose philosophies are more progressive than the band of thieves we have running our football and are working hard to bring about the necessary change.  Only time will tell though.  It's just a matter of how much time it will take.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 09:51:11 AM »
Well this is a connection with an MLS team not the MLS so the team could partner up with whom ever the MLS will not look to PFL for a partnership reason being they are trying to get big league team not a small island trust the MLS don’t treat our players right.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 10:35:23 AM »
add: sorry, response was to bakes

ah was good with yuh untill yuh hit meh up with YOU ppl? We is big man talkin! right now is you an me talkin, not you an dem ppl, an me doh kknow dem ppl yuh throwin meh in with, if yuh talkin to dem, ah go hush, if yuh talkin to me, lewwe talk...
Anyway, research lilbit an see how much team that pass through Trinidad or that we visit(1) and see through the intial relationships, how we had established viable contacts, that still has our footbal in the quandry it is today..it politically correct, when yuh visit the host to talk all kinda ting, and feel good bout ah lot, but distance an reality tends to lead everybody down ah different path...not always bad, and ripoff,(so ah don't think "Our" ;D ppl are foolish), is just that reality steps in an euphoria of the moment is forgotten...there are so much things happening at present with our football that we can be distracted by the joy of any lil fete match event, and talk all kinda ting bout doing regularly, and exchanging this an dat, realistically, then yuh hear, oh we made another plan..to borrow from some posters - ammm, Portsmouth decided to do ah US tour, an we would have to postpone , aaammm, Crossfire in town, an stadium book dat day, aaam death in the family...allkinda reasonable excuse...
I am not sayin this particular realtionship would be a bad thing, I am sayin, it cannot be yet considered a partnership, just a relationship, and like many, abscence an distance, just don't help dem tings..1st relationship, an den partnership, an den we see how far we both can go...but ah MLS club an we league , in my life anal ogies seem like the ole days, when the Great English shipping company, (1 of 20 in UK) having a realationship with Africa...so ah jus skeptical, dahiz all...ah jus addin FC Dallas to meh skeptical list, ah not turnin meh back on dem or anyone else...jus keepin meh eyes open, even if the brain likin what it thinkin

(1) I remember Santos, Chelsea, Newcastle, Westham ?, ah nex Brazlian team, an ah slew of smaller world class clubs, and non-world class
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 11:00:57 AM by maxg »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »
Maxg,
We been through the glory years, the years of exploitation and the years of corruption. It appears that  we gone from 'massa days' to 'master days' and the results seems to be the same.

If at the end of this era in our football development, players and programs could move beyond what is, them we could truly  say that we are emancipated from the residues of mental enslavement to  those beyond our grasp.

Today I could only fight up with the cold and wish that when ah ready for the warmer climes things go get better.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 02:23:26 PM »
Well this is a connection with an MLS team not the MLS so the team could partner up with whom ever the MLS will not look to PFL for a partnership reason being they are trying to get big league team not a small island trust the MLS don’t treat our players right.
        Breds look at how we does treat our own players what do you expect from the MLS?how do we treat MLS players?i might be wrong but what can we do for them?this is all about us. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 03:23:15 PM »
... at the moment it seems everybody starting to head to the MLS why wait till it's too late,the people accept us i don't think we are too big a country to refuse,our league needs this.Sometimes we don't know how much work does go into putting things like this together,it also takes a lot of who knows who too.

...and the crowd said AMEN!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 03:32:54 PM »
The one thing I see missing in a lot of arguments is that this is a business relationship. The Hunt Sporting Foundation which owns Dallas F.C. isn't going to enter into a relationship where they would lose money.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 03:43:42 PM »
add: sorry, response was to bakes

ah was good with yuh untill yuh hit meh up with YOU ppl? We is big man talkin! right now is you an me talkin, not you an dem ppl, an me doh kknow dem ppl yuh throwin meh in with, if yuh talkin to dem, ah go hush, if yuh talkin to me, lewwe talk...
Anyway, research lilbit an see how much team that pass through Trinidad or that we visit(1) and see through the intial relationships, how we had established viable contacts, that still has our footbal in the quandry it is today..it politically correct, when yuh visit the host to talk all kinda ting, and feel good bout ah lot, but distance an reality tends to lead everybody down ah different path...not always bad, and ripoff,(so ah don't think "Our" ;D ppl are foolish), is just that reality steps in an euphoria of the moment is forgotten...there are so much things happening at present with our football that we can be distracted by the joy of any lil fete match event, and talk all kinda ting bout doing regularly, and exchanging this an dat, realistically, then yuh hear, oh we made another plan..to borrow from some posters - ammm, Portsmouth decided to do ah US tour, an we would have to postpone , aaammm, Crossfire in town, an stadium book dat day, aaam death in the family...allkinda reasonable excuse...
I am not sayin this particular realtionship would be a bad thing, I am sayin, it cannot be yet considered a partnership, just a relationship, and like many, abscence an distance, just don't help dem tings..1st relationship, an den partnership, an den we see how far we both can go...but ah MLS club an we league , in my life anal ogies seem like the ole days, when the Great English shipping company, (1 of 20 in UK) having a realationship with Africa...so ah jus skeptical, dahiz all...ah jus addin FC Dallas to meh skeptical list, ah not turnin meh back on dem or anyone else...jus keepin meh eyes open, even if the brain likin what it thinkin

(1) I remember Santos, Chelsea, Newcastle, Westham ?, ah nex Brazlian team, an ah slew of smaller world class clubs, and non-world class

I use "YOU people" to collectively refer to all the critics of the move...in that one part of the response.  The rest was to you specifically though.

Let me ask you this...you said other clubs visited and claimed to establish partnerships and what-not...and nothing came of it.  Can you elaborate...from what you recall of course, can't expect you to remember every little detail.

That said...I'm optimistic given the ties between Shaka and Lincoln Phillips to FC Dallas.  I'm also optimistic because in an increasing shrinking world with top-tier leagues mining talent from all over the world...that clubs want every little bit of advantage they can get over their competitors in identifying and signing new talent.  This partnership gives Dallas the leg up on any other MLS competitor when it comes to PFL talent, they'll have the first shot in all likelihood. 

I'm also optimistic because TnT has proven it's footballing worth to the world anew.  Following the initial successes of the generation that almost got us to qualification in 1974 there really hadn't been much attention paid to our professional players, until Latas and Yorke.  Since then there has been a trickle...but now since Germany many more clubs are paying attention and are interested in our players.

Finally, proximity and the fact that the MLS is a new entity (relative to those times you reference) that's shown a keen interest in partnering with others...likely means that there is much fruit that can be borne by this particular tree.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 03:54:29 PM »
        Breds look at how we does treat our own players what do you expect from the MLS?how do we treat MLS players?i might be wrong but what can we do for them?this is all about us. 
This is my toughs exactly they have no incentive to have a partnership with the PFL our best bet is getting on board with FSC or GOL TV

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 04:09:29 PM »

This is my toughs exactly they have no incentive to have a partnership with the PFL our best bet is getting on board with FSC or GOL TV
Lol  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry...di'n mean to laff so hard.   So Bally, why yuh doh write up de proposal and send it tuh FSC/GOL TV...ah sure is something that never cross dey mind before.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 04:13:20 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2007, 04:35:36 PM »
I tried to google the last "talk" ah remember( was with Newcastle), and all I found was this.
So whey our boys happen to end up,  Sunderland !
Ah think Shaka mighta be at Newcastle at some time, + Robson bring Yorke
what eventually happened, we had 2 boys who went somewhey, where was it...ah think Porstmouth(Shaka was dey too), and whappen, the letter fiasco, bottom line...nothing...
did we with dem have a disagreement, ah getaway..no nuthen so drastic...jus real world

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20000413/ai_n14299895

The only thing I deducing is everywhere Shaka is, he establishing a relationship, but thru no fault of his, it doh wuk, whatever the reason..Now ah wouldn't go as far to say it will never  wuk, a jus sayin we have to establish a plan to make it wuk, if that is what the ppl of the PFL really want..
Question: Let's say, the league hook up with FC Dallas, and we sign papers and thinghs going nice, nice...an along comes "KJ 2", or "Hardest 2" or a "special 1", and Keane say, Yorkie here 6 million, get him,-buh try an pay 250 k, he still from only T&T - and NE Stars, say, well boy, finally we get ah lil break, whaaa..was Touch an go yes...and FC Dallas say, "aammm, excuse me guys, is there a deal happening here ?, with one of our players ? We were just sendin for him, bro! Sorry ole chap. But if you really want, can have him for 400k,...NE is 100 k good with you, we have to give your league 50 k "...NE: Grumble, grumble  ....Player: how come all I gettin is 20 k boss, dah only covering food & rent ? ....Boss: Rookie salary, plus there is a clause with yuh past club, don't worry we will take care of everything next year, just work hard produce, and you have nothing to worry bout...but don't get injured on International breaks eh son.. All bets might be orf..heh, heh ?

Of Course is jus a BS story, buh it jus to indicate, why care have to be taken with entering any agreement, and why some PA should be involved in all dealings cause it must benefit the player as well..
Even with PA around it still goes on today, especially with ppl from smaller countries..so I just saying not wheter is a good thing or bad thing, cause ah really cyah comment, as ah doh know...but be careful in the dealings, if any come to pass at all...and the fact that we whole league tying up with one club, seem like "Putting all one's eggs in the same basket"

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2007, 04:55:17 PM »

Lol  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry...di'n mean to laff so hard.   So Bally, why yuh doh write up de proposal and send it tuh FSC/GOL TV...ah sure is something that never cross dey mind before.

Why not I’m not saying right away but in the future when yah think small yah get small think all yah get is big things

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »
Maxg i think this is what happening,we have people in positions now to help our players Shaka,Lincoln etc etc because we are established now,we are getting the options/opportunities but our products are some how not living up to the standards people expect,it's one of the reasons all these deals being created ends up falling through,our players are not star quality players once they get out there, by that i mean they are not the players that attract the crowds/money makers so management mentality is why not try something else.People can only do so much for us,our players can't be spoon fed all the time,i'm always hearing they are inexperience,how/when are they going to get it?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2007, 06:28:39 PM »
WELL WELL WELL  at least somebody could have said  thanks for the idea!!!!!!!

Now there is a partnership with FC Dallas!!!! ent ah say so.........

nice try..dat is a partnership with a club. not the MLS  ;D
Same thing.

Hear me nah BnS. Doh study all this talk from AB that men fight down his thread.

De man say a collaboration with the MLS and the PFL would be a good move.
The response was that it would be a good move for the PFL, but it not likely to happen. It was hard to see the benefits to the MLS epecially since that post was made right after the MLS had forged some kind of relationship with the EPL (I think). Simple opinion. Nobody say the idea stupid or worthless. just unlikely to happen. But dat bend AB all outta shape. But nobody fight de man idea down...check dat properly. de thread fall apart when AB showed he clearly can't handle a mature discussion with someone who challenge his ideas. If yuh agree 100%, yuh good..otherwise is tears. So bringing up dis 'I told you so' thing is real rubbish. very immature..

So anyhow...when FC Dallas signal their intent, I was more than happy..and as far as I see, that does not change my opinion that such a relationship being forged with the MLS is still unlikely. has it happened? no..Does it matter if it is the MLS or an MLS club...NOPE. might even be better that it is a single entity. but if you and i were having a discussion on the likelihood of the PFL linking up with the EPL or with Sunderland..it would be two very different discussions..one is likely, the other..not so much. both beneficial to the PFL. That is where I coming from..so it's not the same thing.

Of course. watch and see the MLS will go and sign a contract with the PFL next week  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2007, 07:33:26 PM »
I tried to google the last "talk" ah remember( was with Newcastle), and all I found was this.
So whey our boys happen to end up,  Sunderland !
Ah think Shaka mighta be at Newcastle at some time, + Robson bring Yorke
what eventually happened, we had 2 boys who went somewhey, where was it...ah think Porstmouth(Shaka was dey too), and whappen, the letter fiasco, bottom line...nothing...
did we with dem have a disagreement, ah getaway..no nuthen so drastic...jus real world

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20000413/ai_n14299895

The only thing I deducing is everywhere Shaka is, he establishing a relationship, but thru no fault of his, it doh wuk, whatever the reason..Now ah wouldn't go as far to say it will never  wuk, a jus sayin we have to establish a plan to make it wuk, if that is what the ppl of the PFL really want..
Question: Let's say, the league hook up with FC Dallas, and we sign papers and thinghs going nice, nice...an along comes "KJ 2", or "Hardest 2" or a "special 1", and Keane say, Yorkie here 6 million, get him,-buh try an pay 250 k, he still from only T&T - and NE Stars, say, well boy, finally we get ah lil break, whaaa..was Touch an go yes...and FC Dallas say, "aammm, excuse me guys, is there a deal happening here ?, with one of our players ? We were just sendin for him, bro! Sorry ole chap. But if you really want, can have him for 400k,...NE is 100 k good with you, we have to give your league 50 k "...NE: Grumble, grumble  ....Player: how come all I gettin is 20 k boss, dah only covering food & rent ? ....Boss: Rookie salary, plus there is a clause with yuh past club, don't worry we will take care of everything next year, just work hard produce, and you have nothing to worry bout...but don't get injured on International breaks eh son.. All bets might be orf..heh, heh ?

Of Course is jus a BS story, buh it jus to indicate, why care have to be taken with entering any agreement, and why some PA should be involved in all dealings cause it must benefit the player as well..
Even with PA around it still goes on today, especially with ppl from smaller countries..so I just saying not wheter is a good thing or bad thing, cause ah really cyah comment, as ah doh know...but be careful in the dealings, if any come to pass at all...and the fact that we whole league tying up with one club, seem like "Putting all one's eggs in the same basket"

Max...yuh not making any kinda sense.  First off, from the link you provided

The club hope that during their eight-day visit they will establish links with the islands' major football club, CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh, with a view to possible future deals for their best players.

do you honest proffer that this vague 'hope' of establishing a relationship with Jabloteh is the same as the talks that are being discussed now?

Secondly, all this talk about blocking player movement to European clubs because Dallas have exclusive rights is not only speculative, but it's nonsense.  We are all speculating since none of us are privy to the negotiations, so I can't hold you for that.  But NO LEAGUE can dictate an individual player's movement.  The scenario as you paint it is not only wild it is far-fetched.  To posit that a player with a chance to go elsewhere will be blocked because of some 'deal' giving exclusive rights to Dallas is nonsense, and displays an ignorance for the way these relationship with 'feeder' clubs work.  In essence what's being established here is a pipeline for talent from TnT to Dallas (from Dallas' perspective at least), but there's is nothing exclusive about it. 

This is why I keep saying that they would likely have first dibs on the players, meaning they'd get a chance to negotiate with them first before any other North American team...but clearly these clubs recognize that you can't stand in the way of a player moving to a bigger...or even another league.  They (on the strength of their established relationship) get first crack...not exclusive negotiation rights.  They certainly wouldn't be in a position to say "no, you can't sign with them, you must sign with NE and NE in turn will send us a cut".  nowhere in the world is this the practice...why would you think Skeene et al. so naive as to permit that to be the case here?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2007, 07:51:50 PM »

Hear me nah BnS. Doh study all this talk from AB that men fight down his thread.

The response was that it would be a good move for the PFL, but it not likely to happen. It was hard to see the benefits to the MLS epecially since that post was made right after the MLS had forged some kind of relationship with the EPL (I think). Simple opinion. Nobody say the idea stupid or worthless. just unlikely to happen. But dat bend AB all outta shape. But nobody fight de man idea down...check dat properly. de thread fall apart when AB showed he clearly can't handle a mature discussion with someone who challenge his ideas. If yuh agree 100%, yuh good..otherwise is tears. So bringing up dis 'I told you so' thing is real rubbish. very immature..

So anyhow...when FC Dallas signal their intent, I was more than happy..and as far as I see, that does not change my opinion that such a relationship being forged with the MLS is still unlikely. has it happened? no..Does it matter if it is the MLS or an MLS club...NOPE. might even be better that it is a single entity. but if you and i were having a discussion on the likelihood of the PFL linking up with the EPL or with Sunderland..it would be two very different discussions..one is likely, the other..not so much. both beneficial to the PFL. That is where I coming from..so it's not the same thing.

Of course. watch and see the MLS will go and sign a contract with the PFL next week  ;D ;D ;D ;D

lmao at the last statement...ent!  :rotfl:

But anyways, nah I went and read de thread...he get fight down in dey.  Some ah allyuh give him licks fuh getting petulant when allyuh di'n readily cosign on he point.  It had other men in dey doh sayin it was ah shit idea and MLS ent shit and it would be ah waste ah time or what not.  A.B being ah bit sensitive about de fight dong he ketch...ah could clearly see it, but yuh cyah blame him for feeling vindicated.  Yuh see this goes back to the 'groupthink' mentality that I decried when I first started posting heavy back in the summer.  Yuh say something that runs counter tuh de majority opinion and next thing yuh know de pack circle yuh waiting fuh de first bit ah blows tuh past den everybody pile on.  Some men will hold dey grung and lash back, but others simply won't.  Seems like A.B. declined tuh fight back dat day so now he coming to have he say.

I also see your point on negotiating with club versus whole league not being the same...but I say same thing because at the end of the day the benefits (potentially) for the PFL amounts to be the same, even if the scale is reduced.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2007, 09:36:06 PM »
ah have to check something, as ah say the details don't stay with the ole brain, buh ah know it involved the MLS, and a few of their players, one being Stern John at Notingham Forest. I did not mean that the player would get blocked, as much as the the local club (an player) not getting the most benefit from the deals in question. This was the main point of my post, and of course I obviously didn't get my point across, maybe thus why my post seemed like so much nonsense. However, as you correctly state, everything I did put forward is all hypothetical, but isn't most everything we discuss before the final conclusion? We could discuss final conclusions, and make total sense, yet the beauty about this game is the final result many times not always predictable, on the field or orf. Subsequently, I wish the union all the best as far as successes(for all parties involved), it's just that real dealings as far as TT football is concerned, have many times petered out not in the best interest of our game...but of course, my observations of such could be incorrect, ah cyah dispute that either...am I making any kinda sense, or just talkin dada again ?
Ah must say doh, we seemed to have had, in the KJ deal, make a fantastic contractual benefit..Yet to be honest, I saw his quality/worth from day one(even if our snr National coaches and many forumites disagreed on timing), yet doh ah still think him capable of much more, both as a player and a business venture, one will jus have to wait untill that and all books are closed to discuss

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2007, 09:44:55 PM »
I really cyah get too technical but I feel that the partnership is good. Meh blood jess tek it.  ;D
Deep down we all know that  ;)
Maybe the term "partnership made in heaven" was too romanticized and inevitably caused a backlash.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 09:39:15 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2007, 10:05:32 PM »

lmao at the last statement...ent!  :rotfl:

But anyways, nah I went and read de thread...he get fight down in dey.  Some ah allyuh give him licks fuh getting petulant when allyuh di'n readily cosign on he point.  It had other men in dey doh sayin it was ah shit idea and MLS ent shit and it would be ah waste ah time or what not.  A.B being ah bit sensitive about de fight dong he ketch...ah could clearly see it, but yuh cyah blame him for feeling vindicated.  Yuh see this goes back to the 'groupthink' mentality that I decried when I first started posting heavy back in the summer.  Yuh say something that runs counter tuh de majority opinion and next thing yuh know de pack circle yuh waiting fuh de first bit ah blows tuh past den everybody pile on.  Some men will hold dey grung and lash back, but others simply won't.  Seems like A.B. declined tuh fight back dat day so now he coming to have he say.

I also see your point on negotiating with club versus whole league not being the same...but I say same thing because at the end of the day the benefits (potentially) for the PFL amounts to be the same, even if the scale is reduced.

yeah..even though i doh really know the nature of the agreement..it could only be a good thing. i hope. the fact that it is a club vs the league might even work more in our favor :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2007, 02:07:19 PM »
ah have to check something, as ah say the details don't stay with the ole brain, buh ah know it involved the MLS, and a few of their players, one being Stern John at Notingham Forest. I did not mean that the player would get blocked, as much as the the local club (an player) not getting the most benefit from the deals in question. This was the main point of my post, and of course I obviously didn't get my point across, maybe thus why my post seemed like so much nonsense. However, as you correctly state, everything I did put forward is all hypothetical, but isn't most everything we discuss before the final conclusion? We could discuss final conclusions, and make total sense, yet the beauty about this game is the final result many times not always predictable, on the field or orf. Subsequently, I wish the union all the best as far as successes(for all parties involved), it's just that real dealings as far as TT football is concerned, have many times petered out not in the best interest of our game...but of course, my observations of such could be incorrect, ah cyah dispute that either...am I making any kinda sense, or just talkin dada again ?
Ah must say doh, we seemed to have had, in the KJ deal, make a fantastic contractual benefit..Yet to be honest, I saw his quality/worth from day one(even if our snr National coaches and many forumites disagreed on timing), yet doh ah still think him capable of much more, both as a player and a business venture, one will jus have to wait untill that and all books are closed to discuss

Nah I wouldn't go as far as to say yuh was talking nonsense...when ah say yuh not making sense, was in terms of formulating any sort of rational opposition to the partnership...nothing of what you said seemed a sound opposing argument, was all I meant.  And of course all of us speculating as we both said, so who knows that the true details may hold...and who knows how all of this will play out.  I just think that there is real reason for optimism where this particular deal is concerned...I like it...like Dreamer say, mih blood juss take it, lol  :beermug:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
how this going, any tryouts yet, ah end of season return game in the works ? any word, anything ? maybe it too soon, or timin not good now. Any other Carib on dey roster ? how come Jab quite celtic to get blank, and we hae partnership right there ? ...ah was being sarc. eh...but seriously any word ? Is Shaka still involved with them

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2008, 10:06:41 PM »
Max you make mih take all kinda chain up...I busy responding tuh all kinda old post in here  :D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 10:11:28 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2008, 07:34:54 AM »
doh dig...ah have ah ulterior motive here..
it's really  ah pipe dream, hoping Shaka & dallas, could if he read this, can get them to give us some backroom assistance in getting our PFL MVP ah little permit/Visa issue cleared up, with ah invite to some kinda trial, arrangement something something.....December not that long ago !

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2021, 06:51:27 AM »
We talked about this and yet we still in
The same place- imagine if each TnT pro league team was a development team for a foreign base club- think of the potential in terms of player development- skill development -

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2021, 09:49:10 AM »
We talked about this and yet we still in
The same place- imagine if each TnT pro league team was a development team for a foreign base club- think of the potential in terms of player development- skill development -

No thanks. Its the death of football - why should we care if they're just a feeder for some foreign club? Sounds like a novel form of neo colonialism

1]; } ?>