April 28, 2024, 12:47:35 PM

Author Topic: Rijsbergen: Best team for Gold Cup  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rijsbergen: Best team for Gold Cup
« on: April 13, 2007, 12:39:25 AM »
Rijsbergen: Best team for Gold Cup
Daily Express

-Ian Prescott
Friday, April 13th 2007

WIM RIJSBERGEN, Trinidad and Tobago's national senior team head coach, has reiterated that home-based players need to play alongside our footballers who play professionally in England, Scotland and the United States.

"If you want to improve the local players, you have to involve the foreign-based players, who are exposed regularly to a higher level of football," Rijsbergen said. "Of course, if we go to a Gold Cup we have to get the best team."

Rijsbergen was speaking on Wednesday night at the launch of the local Professional Football League. He hopes to see a few local players emerge from the Pro League to challenge for places on the national team. Rijsbergen will soon be resuming training for the June 6-24 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup, and said he will be meeting soon with the Pro League to streamline their fixtures.

"It's very important to everyone that we solve the problems, so that the best team is fielded. If we are going to win a Cup, it's important that we get the best team possible," said Rijsbergen.

The Dutchman also called on each local professional club to actively begin building a fan club, so that they can carry a few bus loads of their fans to away games. He said playing before a crowd builds the confidence of the players and makes them want to lift their standard

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
Re: Rijsbergen: Best team for Gold Cup
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 04:49:47 AM »
The Dutchman also called on each local professional club to actively begin building a fan club, so that they can carry a few bus loads of their fans to away games. He said playing before a crowd builds the confidence of the players and makes them want to lift their standard

i follow Andre tousaint any way  :wavetowel:
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 11:48:58 PM »
Nice. Wim and the Pro League getting in accord. Is about time. Now Anton and them need to get in accord with the SSFL. The football future not looking as bleak.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 06:47:19 AM »
I dunno how we find this shit coach .... how we fall so far I'll never know

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 07:30:44 AM »

He make positive comment he ah shit coach he say men ned to raise they standard he is a shit coach boy some people ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 10:55:24 AM »

He make positive comment he ah shit coach he say men ned to raise they standard he is a shit coach boy some people ...

So lemme get this str8 he's a shit coach but because he make a positive comment that supposed to change my opinion about his ability or lackthereof right? Of course I dont want to judge him on what he is achieving or not achieving with the team right?  boy I woulda call yuh dotish but I realise that you need as much encouragement as you could get it have no repair for brain damage

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 11:28:12 AM »

So lemme get this str8 he's a shit coach but because he make a positive comment that supposed to change my opinion about his ability or lackthereof right? Of course I dont want to judge him on what he is achieving or not achieving with the team right?  boy I woulda call yuh dotish but I realise that you need as much encouragement as you could get it have no repair for brain damage

So what specifically is your comment based on.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 12:40:34 PM »
The fact that we need a good coach to coach the team....a very simple theory Wim doesnt cut it. At this level youre not teaching men how to play the game youre finding the means of getting them to maximise their abilities its the difference between a good trainer and a good coach

1]; } ?>