April 27, 2024, 12:47:06 PM

Author Topic: SHAKA ON ESPN2  (Read 6822 times)

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SHAKA ON ESPN2
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 10:18:05 PM »
Goal Findley off a header.
Nice finish.
Ok LA that was your goal.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 10:18:26 PM »
Findley get the header good this time...goal 2:1 now

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 10:26:06 PM »
Another Trini could get Becks service. Will the results be the same?
Findley look ok. I ain't taking meh cap off yet
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2007, 10:31:50 PM »
The football eh the best but the commentators is the worst. Everytime I hear bout an assist I does cringe it eh basketball.

Eric Wynalda (especially for somebody that played the sport) is de WORST!!!!!!!!!

Yuh think he worse than Caligiuri?  One thing ah find with that Italy 1990 generation of US soccer players: they seriously lacking in the technical knowledge of the game.  

Same thing I was just talking about on the phone, but, to answer your question..........they worse than each other!! Listening to them is naus :puking: eating

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
yea i saw it. althought he lost speed dem MLS players cant beat him bad

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2007, 05:57:49 AM »
The football eh the best but the commentators is the worst. Everytime I hear bout an assist I does cringe it eh basketball.

Eric Wynalda (especially for somebody that played the sport) is de WORST!!!!!!!!!

Yuh think he worse than Caligiuri?  One thing ah find with that Italy 1990 generation of US soccer players: they seriously lacking in the technical knowledge of the game.  

Sorry...but Wynalda's technical knowledge is very good. He's just not the greatest commentator. Wynalda is  kinda fun sometimes...and he is definitely there for entertainement value and to kind of be annoying. I think they believe a polarizing figure will increasing ratings. It's the whole...'you either love him or hate him'...thing Americans like to push. But the man played for years in the Bundesliga when Americans were the laughing stock of ball and he was a really superb player. Saw him score a hattrick agaisnt Argentina when US was still shite. He was a class above his US peer at the time. It's ridiculous to think he does not have technical knowledge of the game..It's just impossible given where he has played and how well he played. What I find is the older Americans have a view of the game, or a mindset that borrows or uses references based on other unrelated US sports...but that's simply because they grew up in the US soccer landscape.....not because they aren't knowledgeable...it's just a different approach. The younger commentators are also in the US soccer landscape, but soccer is relatively more popular an increasingly omnipresent. As the world gets smaller..they can have a more global perspective on how to desrcibe the game.

By the way...Shaka looked solid tonight except for one flap ona  cross that luckily got cleared. Well done to him. Is he retired? Does Findly want to play for T&T? I was listening for any mention of T&T and they didn't say anything..I assume that's why we've been following him here

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2007, 08:14:53 AM »
Doh Laugh, but ah jus finish watching de game on TIVO. Dallas looked good, LA rally to get one goal on we boy but say what! Shaka still holding it down, gotta love the props dey give him in the first half, bigging up his engineering degree from Howard. He had a cramp in the game but recovered. Even if Shaka plans to retire soon, his experience and guidance to the defenders shows on the field. Yes I am de biggest Shaka FAN!
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2007, 02:47:12 PM »
Doh Laugh, but ah jus finish watching de game on TIVO. Dallas looked good, LA rally to get one goal on we boy but say what! Shaka still holding it down, gotta love the props dey give him in the first half, bigging up his engineering degree from Howard. He had a cramp in the game but recovered. Even if Shaka plans to retire soon, his experience and guidance to the defenders shows on the field. Yes I am de biggest Shaka FAN!

I find Dallas looked like real sh*tty. They were slow on the ball and stagnant, no fluidity at all. Is only cause ah Shaka ah watch dat game oui ::)

Ah like how dey big up meh school in trute

HU!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline stevereno159

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2007, 08:28:21 PM »
I saw probably 30 minutes of the game and I thought that Shaka did a REALLY good job!
Iowan intrested in T&T

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2007, 12:42:16 PM »
i saw bout 45 mins and he did not have much to do

1]; } ?>