March 28, 2024, 06:44:20 AM

Author Topic: NBA playoffs.  (Read 6088 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
NBA playoffs.
« on: April 12, 2007, 10:24:54 AM »
who yuh seein in de conference finals.finals.who deserve to be or not be there.i seein ah dallas detroit final.dallas in 5.what will put de icing on de cake is lakers not makin de playoffs and if they do,exitin in de 1st round.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:09:42 AM by palos »
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA playoffs.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:41:12 AM »
in the east detroit vs miami if wade is okay although i want to see a detroit vs chicago final...in the end it doesnt matter who wins the east, the west will take it this year..detroit is too old, miami is not at 100%, chicago lacks serious playoff experience, same 4 toronto, cleveland cant play defence and shoot free throws.

in the west..dallas, phoenix and san antonio are the real contenders..based on the regular season, dallas looks like the favourite but dont underestimate San Antonio.

My NBA finals prediction is Detroit (only east team with a winning road record) vs San Antonio (playing solid ball quietly while everyone talks about phoenix and dallas).  I would not mind Dallas winning though especially after last year collapse.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:09:54 AM by palos »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 10:49:08 AM »
i could see it goin that way too.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:10:11 AM by palos »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 11:09:26 AM »
NBA playoffs

Now THERE's a sport worth talkin about!!!  ;D

I think the Raps in the East will SHOCK plenty people.

Matter of fact...people done shock by dem already.  Too bad we lorse Garbo.....dat woulda jes tek we over de top.  But we're not the only team with injuries so daz jes how dat does go.

Real Madness make a good call dey wit de Spurs.  De Spurs and Raptors are actually somewhat similar teams in dat both floatin under de radar.

In de East.....de team I fraid is not de Pistons although they are the favorites, but de Bulls.   Deng, Gordon, Heinrich and supporting cast Nocioni, Gordon, Tyrus Thomas etc make for a formidable and deep squad.  I eh think dey READY dis year.....but they close.

Cyah write off Miami because of D Wade.  Playoff basketball is designed for the "superstar" player to shine.  Especially if he has a good supporting cast.

In that case.....I say Spurs winnin it all dis year.  Most complete team in basketball and peaking at the right time.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:16:21 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 12:59:33 PM »
Chicago and Toronto are the future rulers of the East..sooner than later...Bulls is very balanced (i.e. Pistons)..no superstar but a solid team....Toronto have 2 of the 4 things needed for success (star player (bosh) and a solid point guard TJ ford).

I am very surprised by Toronto, i expected them to be a 7th or 8th seed this year.

Cleveland have one of the best players in the league but he has absolutely no support.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 01:05:42 PM »
I agree with everyting everybody say .
But real madness,the raps have kinda quirk where teams don't win all the games against them !. If we lose to them we will win the next ,only team to escape the fate was Dallas ,who squeaked by with a 2 point win . So they don't deal with losing very well ,which is great in a 7 game series  ;D .

add thz for the props  :beermug: ,hearing Rashad Lewis ,might come nex yr from Seattle .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 06:10:29 AM by Compre »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 01:13:15 PM »
we all know playoff bball and regular season is two entirely different things,bulls and raptors will be quality teams maybe by next year,definitly de following year,they lackin real experience,ah feel they will be manhandled this season.i'll go ah step further and say no team in de east could beat dallas,san antonio or phoenix.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 01:17:51 PM »
I agree with everyting everybody say .
But real madness,the raps have kinda quirk where teams don't win all the games against them !. If we lose to them we will win the next ,only team to escape the fate was Dallas ,who squeaked by with a 2 point win . So they don't deal with losing very well ,which is great in a 7 game series  ;D .
Btw way pull for Clevland tonite to beat the nets ,who are are 1and a half back of wash,to meet us.otherwise we gonna kill each other in the first round .

add thz for the props  :beermug: ,hearing Rashad Lewis ,might come nex yr from Seattle .

i hear yuh..i eh hating on the raps but not being able to win on the orad will be a problem...in ah 7 game series where they dont have home court advantage, they will have to win 2 road games if they dont will all their home games...but doh worry, toronto have lots of potential once they keep bosh and company.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 01:26:07 PM »
Yep ..even doh we do have home court in the first round .Raptor fans have to keep there head on ,and remember this is the first year of our rebuilding year ,so is all gravy for us oui .Only way this team going to the final ,is if is a Team of Destiny .

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 04:06:17 PM »
Minnesota Timberwolves..ent they make de Playoffs or was that last year? ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 08:43:31 PM »
I wouldn't be suprised if San Antonio takes it. I'd like to see Dallas win it since the Lakers aren't going to.  ;D

Offline stevereno159

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 10:17:42 PM »
GO BULLS!

Seriously, With Big ben at C - and brown at PF they gotta good D goin on - both block-capable
deng can hit the jumper like nothin, and nocioni plays some hard d
gordon is also a good jumper, but not that good off the dribble
hinrich n duhon are good pg's and can lead the team pretty well
sweetney can play offence at times, and is mostly a d-presesnse
i havent seen much of the rookies this year - and thats all the players i remember from the team  :P

i think golden state has a good chance with the new players- harrington and jackson

did you see their game vs the suns? man it was 45-33 at the end of teh 1st quater - ended up winning like 135-115 or somthin
j-rich was on fire that nite
Iowan intrested in T&T

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 10:07:58 AM »
Minnesota Timberwolves..ent they make de Playoffs or was that last year? ;D

Poor kevin...he really should just leave them and go elsewhere.....every year they surroubd dat man with underachievers and breakin his heart

Then again a $100+ million dollar contract does soften some of the blow  ;)

If he go on a starboy team like miami he will get that ring

I forsee the same thing hapeening to lebron
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 10:43:22 AM »
I wouldn't be suprised if San Antonio takes it. I'd like to see Dallas win it since the Lakers aren't going to.  ;D
fuh de pass 3 years de laker team is shit.kobe cyar win no more rings without shaq,kobe has to prove himself.if he leave or get traded then i will support lakers again.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 11:04:30 AM »
i think is dallas championship to lose. they will have a tough time getting out of the west with the spurs and the suns but over a 7 game series i could see them beating both

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 06:56:19 AM »
i think is dallas championship to lose. they will have a tough time getting out of the west with the spurs and the suns but over a 7 game series i could see them beating both

I agree, dallas has everything needed to win whereas the othe rmajor contenders lack in at least one major area. 

However a matchup against Houston Rockets could be their toughest series.  Houston is the team of the near future.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 07:48:19 AM »

I agree, dallas has everything needed to win whereas the othe rmajor contenders lack in at least one major area. 

However a matchup against Houston Rockets could be their toughest series.  Houston is the team of the near future.
fuh real,yao and tracy is ah deadly combo.rockets beat suns last nite,tmac score 39 and yao pour in 34.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 10:31:11 PM »
so this is how it stack up in de east...pistons v magic.....heat v bulls....cleveland v wizards...raptors v nets.this is my final four.pistons,heat,cleveland and nets.                                             

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 10:33:51 PM »
so this is how it stack up in de east...pistons v magic.....heat v bulls....cleveland v wizards...raptors v nets.this is my final four.pistons,heat,cleveland and nets.                                             

i agree with yuh, the bulls made their life hard tonight..i expect a cleveland/pistonds final..but doh count out de heat.  I want the raptors to make de final because i dont like cleveland and nets.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 10:39:47 PM »

i agree with yuh, the bulls made their life hard tonight..i expect a cleveland/pistonds final..but doh count out de heat.  I want the raptors to make de final because i dont like cleveland and nets.
i could understand de nets buh wuh yuh have against cleveland,lebron and boys is some good peeps.i think they'll do well.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 10:53:50 PM »
and this is how it stack up in de west.dallas v golden state(first playoff in 13 years)...lakers v suns...rockets v jazz...spurs v nuggets.final four dirk,steve,yao and duncan.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 05:56:25 AM »
(AP) -- Vince Carter is heading back to Toronto while Chicago has an unwanted rematch against Miami.

The New Jersey Nets beat the Bulls 106-97 on Wednesday night, clinching the No. 6 seed in the Eastern Conference and preventing Chicago from finishing second.

New Jersey will open the postseason against the Atlantic Division-champion Raptors in Toronto, where Carter will undoubtedly hear nothing but boos every time he touches the ball. Carter starred for the Raptors for more than six seasons before his unhappiness forced Toronto to trade him to the Nets in December 2004.

A Chicago victory would have set up a Bulls-Nets series in the first round. Instead, the Bulls fell to the No. 5 seed and will open the postseason against the defending-champion Heat.

Miami took the first step toward its title last year by beating Chicago in six games in the first round. But the Bulls had the better overall record, so they get the extra home game against the Heat.

The Cleveland Cavaliers capitalized on Chicago's loss to vault into the No. 2 spot after beating Milwaukee 109-96 on Wednesday. That means the Cavs will face No. 7 Washington, minus injured all-stars Gilbert Arenas and Caron Butler, in the first round.

Still to be determined on the final night of the regular season were the bottom two spots out West. The Golden State Warriors needed a victory at Portland to return to the postseason for the first time in 13 years. The Los Angeles Clippers were a game behind, needing a Golden State loss and a victory over New Orleans to grab the last spot by way of a tiebreaker.

The Warriors could still end up in seventh if they won and the Lakers lost to Sacramento. Otherwise, the Lakers and Phoenix Suns would meet in the first round for the second straight year, and the Warriors would open against league-best Dallas in a matchup of Golden State coach Don Nelson against his former team.

The only series that had already been determined entering Wednesday were No. 3 San Antonio against No. 6 Denver, and fourth-seeded Utah against No. 5 Houston. The Rockets will have home-court advantage because of a better record.

The Spurs and Nuggets didn't learn anything from each other in their game at San Antonio on Wednesday night. Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili all sat out for San Antonio, while Denver rested Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson, Marcus Camby and Nene.

The Rockets and Jazz also met Wednesday night. Houston kept Tracy McGrady on the bench, while Yao Ming was dressed but not expected to play.

The playoffs open Saturday.

Source: http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/article.jsp?content=20070418_232029_5392

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 06:22:31 AM »
Palos whey yah ,you get your match up against the nots .Look like Vince step up his game too face us,maybe tinking it will be a cake walk to the next round  :devil: . Well I got nesw for that bitch ,he set himself up ,for the greatest embrassment of his career  :devil: ,we gonna shock the world .And Vince gonna be booed so badly ,he's gonna be scared for life ,this is the series of the year ,rite here folks,America has never or will ever see such hatred displayed on TV ,trust me  :rotfl:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 07:48:01 AM »
Palos whey yah ,you get your match up against the nots .Look like Vince step up his game too face us,maybe tinking it will be a cake walk to the next round  :devil: . Well I got nesw for that bitch ,he set himself up ,for the greatest embrassment of his career  :devil: ,we gonna shock the world .And Vince gonna be booed so badly ,he's gonna be scared for life ,this is the series of the year ,rite here folks,America has never or will ever see such hatred displayed on TV ,trust me  :rotfl:
compre i eh feel de raptors have de experience to beat de nets in playoffs.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 08:14:58 AM »
To late in the game to get scared cap , 8) .We already tell supporter ,we want his nots in the playoffs ,so we get it .Is destined ,the nots finished anyways,they gone tru ,time to rebuild the expriment fail ,our team young and hungry.But this series ,will take a lot out of us ,gonna be tough.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 04:42:30 PM »
To late in the game to get scared cap , 8) .We already tell supporter ,we want his nots in the playoffs ,so we get it .Is destined ,the nots finished anyways,they gone tru ,time to rebuild the expriment fail ,our team young and hungry.But this series ,will take a lot out of us ,gonna be tough.
true dat,they already in de beast belly,if toronto is yuh team,i wish them luck cause i doh really care fuh new jussy.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 12:09:52 AM »
true dat,they already in de beast belly,if toronto is yuh team,i wish them luck cause i doh really care fuh new jussy.
Thanks Cap ,but we don't need luck ,we need Joey Graham to continue playing good defence and hitting those open shots, along with Parker who will .Vince will score his points ,but just control jefferson ,moore and kid and is easy  ;) ,they ein't all that .

1]; } ?>