April 19, 2024, 04:13:06 PM

Author Topic: Could Roy leave Suderland  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Could Roy leave Suderland
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:16:14 PM »
All the talk about players leaving Sunderland did anyone think about one off the big teams in the EPL or even Celtic offering Roy Keane a big contract off which he can’t refuse. Would he take that job you never know.

Although he’s new to management his track record is impressive by-the-way has there been a manager in his first year off management  take a team from bottom off the table top and promotion.     
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
Re: Could Roy leave Suderland
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 02:28:02 PM »
Roy is not leaving Sunderland, his aspiration's are to coach Ireland and more so Man U..... He is going to take Sunderland as far as he could to prove himself to the ManU admin, when Sir Alex retires, it will between Roy Keane, Mark Hughes and whoever else... If he does not get than ManU call up, then he may start looking for big bucks...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:32:19 PM by marcus »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 02:56:05 PM »
All the talk about players leaving Sunderland did anyone think about one off the big teams in the EPL or even Celtic offering Roy Keane a big contract off which he can’t refuse. Would he take that job you never know.

Although he’s new to management his track record is impressive by-the-way has there been a manager in his first year off management  take a team from bottom off the table top and promotion.     

Roy said he was buying a house in Sunderland and moving his family to Sunderland very soon in a recent interview posted on this site. He would not be making that move so late in the season if he wasn't planning to stay at Sunderland for a while. He even said he was nervous about it because it was a big commitment in a job where a manager has little job security. Sounds like he is staying put...In football anything is possible..but he making some long term moves.

Offline JW

• Mackem Abroad
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Eat My Goal
    • View Profile
    • Black Cats of North America
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 04:53:33 PM »
Roy said he was buying a house in Sunderland...

He's buying in Durham.... but like you say, its got to be a good sign that he's willing to make what appears to be a long term, family investment in moving to the area, rather than leaving his wife & kids in Manchester / Cheshire.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 05:01:18 PM »
Any coach could leave any team for the right amount of money and a contract he desires
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 05:55:28 PM »
Any coach could leave any team for the right amount of money and a contract he desires
I concur
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline JW

• Mackem Abroad
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Eat My Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 08:48:12 PM »
I concur

I disagree.

Some coaches might leave a club for a bigger pay cheque, but I think there are still some out there (and hopefully Keane is one  ;) ) who are motivated by a challenge or by an affinity to a certain club (or country).
Obviously, if they feel that they have taken their (current) side as far as they can, they will look for a fresh challenge, but I don't think money is always a factor.

Now, me... if someone wants to offer me $250k p.a., I'll bite their arm off.  :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 09:05:27 PM »
oh but you did indirectly comment on the last part "a contract he desires" which does not necessarily deal with monetary considerations, but more with let me quote you when you say "they will look for a fresh challenge"  so that is why i agreed originally. ;)
I would hope that a Manager who employs a Holistic approach to his job would have other reasons than only money to help him make a decision about accepting any job.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 09:08:23 PM »
oh but you did indirectly comment on the last part "a contract he desires" which does not necessarily deal with monetary considerations, but more with let me quote you when you say "they will look for a fresh challenge"  so that is why i agreed originally. ;)
I would hope that a Manager who employs a Holistic approach to his job would have other reasons than only money to help him make a decision about accepting any job.

I was about to tell Mr.JW the same thing...Good one West Coast
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline JW

• Mackem Abroad
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Eat My Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 04:18:59 AM »

Bah, alright... I semi-agree with you.  :P

I blame problemjaydeess for introducing the nebulous term "contract"....

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 05:51:28 AM »
Keane has said that he is insulted by talk that he is using Sunderland as a stepping stone to get the United job, he will see out his contract and said that he could see himself being at Sunderland for 10 years
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 05:57:11 AM »
Keane has said that he is insulted by talk that he is using Sunderland as a stepping stone to get the United job, he will see out his contract and said that he could see himself being at Sunderland for 10 years
maybe Sunderland would be in the top 4 by then in the EPL
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 12:35:27 PM »
your one crazy mofo dude, we will be higher than that  :rotfl:
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 12:38:54 PM »
^^
Why would Roy Keane be going anywhere he was big player but he's not a big manager....yet.
Don't get me wrong through he's done well.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 06:02:45 PM »
I did not want to say 1st spot in the EPL as I did not want to agitate the ManUbuntas (a play on the word Marabuntas - which is a wasp in Trinidad) on this forum. ;)
 :rotfl:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>