April 27, 2024, 05:36:19 PM

Author Topic: U-15 Men's Football Team Thread  (Read 97629 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-15 boys off to Colombia.
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2013, 08:52:30 PM »
If we also notice the development process,players come from the SSFL to the Clubs and on to the national Youth teams.

Not much changes from my times. The only difference is we have "pro" clubs.
     You are correct,i mentioned that to show some people who think the SSFL is useless how important it is and will always be,it has been the stepping stone for our Footballers from ever since,check how many players used to play for T&T straight out of SSFL it had no Pro league to go too.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »
If we also notice the development process,players come from the SSFL to the Clubs and on to the national Youth teams.

Yes, this is what happens, but it is not a development process.
   What is it?

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2013, 09:31:47 PM »
I eh see nobody post anything concerning the firing of assistant Coach Marcelle..we might be opening a can of worms..

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »
Sorry my bad ah see allyuh mention something that effect in de thread.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2013, 10:11:35 PM »
Shaun coulda write a lil something about the U17 girls.

aite ah see he finally write something   :beermug:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:17:06 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2013, 06:41:24 AM »
Good going by all !!!

Who does the scouting for these teams.?

I am surprised some of the current SSFL standouts not on the side.

How Terrance Marcelle de assistant coach not traveling with de team.

:D

these standouts you are talking about, are they under 15?  most of the standouts these season are 17 - 19.  A few of these under 15 guys are actually starting for their school this year such as naps players Hudson and Changiah.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »
I am still wondering how many of our young players have been violated by coaches like Marcelle...he can't be the only one...Look to me like allyuh fraid to talk bout this one..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
I am still wondering how many of our young players have been violated by coaches like Marcelle...he can't be the only one...Look to me like allyuh fraid to talk bout this one..
       Coache,like u know something about Marcelle well give us the scores nah,i don't know this fella at all,someone said police arrested him by some game etc etc which means is something serious,my understanding is this man is a national Coach.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2013, 12:06:51 PM »
Marcelle and Sandusky in the same class...Marcelle fooled me because every other word that comes from his mouth is Jesus and God...God is good..God is great..de man bullin de little boys and send pictures of his private parts to them. He cant be the only one because where there is smoke there is fire. I have heard that he influence the boys by buying them things like expensive boots and whatever else. There seems to be an underground movement in Trinidad the we older heads don't know ..but if we could really get into their world we might find out a lot of what is going on. We are letting them down that's why many of them join gangs. When people like Marcelle violate a young boy it messes up his life. Some become thugs to prove their manhood. How long Marcelle has been involved with coaching young boys. I always wondered why someone like him got so far up in de football and the man so  effeminate and has no idea how to even kick the ball.
There is something wrong with the football politics. This is a hidden problem that is not talked about and no news reporter putting it on the news..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »
Coache,this seems to be a little more serious than i thought,that's why everyone is keeping keeping far from it.The people to be blamed are those who send their kids to be coached by this man,if you are sending your kids by someone you must first enquire about the person,your kids come home from practice you must want to know what went on,what the Coach teach alyu today etc etc i am guessing this man have been coaching a long time,who hired him,did they run a background check on this guy before they hire him? anybody dealing with kids must undergo background checks,i did one to coach during the Summer for the SPORTT company.

I agree when you said there are many more out there,we seem to take this lightly until some child gets hurt/abused,through my time in Football and even today people think it's cool for Coaches to be shouting and cussing players especially kids,good Coaches don't have to do that,you don't have to put your hands on or become to friendly with kids/players,there must always be a certain amount of respect between Coaches and players,just like school in T&T parents don't pay much attention to what they do or where their kids go.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2013, 03:56:26 PM »
Hmmm, Marcelle around since my time with South U17-U20.  I never had that kind of experience with him, nor did rumor come out about that.  If that is really the case, it's sad to hear.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2013, 05:57:37 PM »
Group C
T&T
River Soccer A
Real Sociedad
America SA
Providencia
Norte del Valle

Schedule

Nov 1st @ 3pm: T&T vs Norte del Valle
Nov 2nd @ 4pm: T&T vs River Soccer A
Nov 3rd @ 3pm: Real Sociedad vs T&T
Nov 4th @ 1pm: T&T vs America SA
Nov 6th @ 10:30am: Providencia vs T&T

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2013, 07:00:59 PM »
Group C
T&T
River Soccer A
Real Sociedad
America SA
Providencia
Norte del Valle

Schedule

Nov 1st @ 3pm: T&T vs Norte del Valle
Nov 2nd @ 4pm: T&T vs River Soccer A
Nov 3rd @ 3pm: Real Sociedad vs T&T
Nov 4th @ 1pm: T&T vs America SA
Nov 6th @ 10:30am: Providencia vs T&T

Nice little schedule of games,like these guys will be playing a game every day,no problem that's good for them for sure every one on the squad will get enough playing time,make use of this tour.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2013, 02:19:41 AM »
Guys, you need to back down on the Terrance Marcelle bashing as we are not 100% sure and all this allegations can hurt someone really badly. We need to try and get the real story and if its true. There is talk... and Marcelle was terminated by Pleasantville and the TTFA with the matter being investigated. We do not know the real story therefore, we cannot jump to conclusion.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:54:00 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2013, 06:45:34 AM »
The T&T U-15 team won their first match on their Colombian tour with a 3-1 victory over Norte del Valle. T&T’s goalscorers were Sharkell Louison, Travell Edwards, and Shakhun Hanley. Their next match will be against River Soccer A today at 5 pm.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2013, 04:19:49 PM »
Flex ..you could ban me..I doh care..I am not bashing ..and I am not jumping to conclusion..I have proof so do you AND  all who knows about this!! Mr I don't want to offend anyone ..I am the most Diplomatic FLEX.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2013, 04:39:04 PM »
Flex ..you could ban me..I doh care..I am not bashing ..and I am not jumping to conclusion..I have proof so do you AND  all who knows about this!! Mr I don't want to offend anyone ..I am the most Diplomatic FLEX.

Yuh stinking up de thread with yuh shit bro.

Thanks for de update Tallman, nice results they fellas.

But they have 4 games back to back, this will really break them nice.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-15 boys start with a win
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2013, 07:59:54 PM »
U-15 boys start with a win
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 15 Boys team started off their Colombian tour on a winning note with a 3-1 victory over Sevilla in Cali on Friday evening.

In what was their opening match of the Tournament of the Americas after a arriving a day earlier, T&T settled quickly and proved to be too tough for their opponents.

The Shawn Cooper-coach team conceded early though, falling behind 1-0 in the second minute of play. But T&T kept themselves in the match and were rewarded with a penalty when Defence Force midfielder Trey Henley was brought down inside the penalty box. Henley converted the penalty in the 20th minute to level the scores at one apiece.

Then T&T would taken a 2-1 lead on the half hour mark when Sharkell Louison of Moruga Secondary directed his diving header past the Sevilla goalkeeper. T&T would hold the lead going into the half time break. The match remained a tight contest before St Ann’s Rangers defender Travell Edwards sent a free kick into the net from atop the penalty box in the 70th minute for a 3-1 scoreline.

Cooper was satisfied with his team’s opening win.

“It’s always good to start on a winning note. We arrived yesterday and we knew we had to settle down quickly and head into the game. The boys were eager to play and credit to them for going on the pitch and playing a good game. It’s a learning experience for all of them and it’s a good sign to see them adapting and getting a good result in our first match,” Cooper told TTFA Media.

T&T are scheduled to play River Soccer at 5pm on Saturday.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2013, 07:07:43 AM »
T&T Men’s U-15 lost 2-0 to River Soccer A in the Tournament of the Americas in Cali, Colombia yesterday. Next game is against Real Sociedad today (Nov 3rd) at 4pm.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2013, 03:13:57 PM »
Glad to see youngsters getting some international experience. At worst it'll be a great story for them to tell in later life.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2013, 07:50:09 AM »
After their 2-0 loss to River Soccer A, T&T Men’s U-15 bounced back with a 1-0 win over Real Sociedad yesterday (November 3rd), courtesy of a Jesse Joseph goal. The team is currently third in Group C, with two wins and one loss. They will next face América S.A. at 2pm today.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2013, 01:28:40 PM »
T&T Men’s U-15 have now won two and lost two at the Tournament of the Americas in Cali, Colombia. Yesterday, they lost 3-0 to América S.A.. Their final group stage match will be against Providencia on Wednesday, November 6th at 11:30am.

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2013, 03:39:58 AM »
Marcus Caesar 15 years old of C/Ville Tobago. Biggest talent of his category in Bago. Trust mi. Da coach need to take a trip in Bgao.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2013, 03:39:29 PM »
T&T Men’s U-15 have now won two and lost two at the Tournament of the Americas in Cali, Colombia. Yesterday, they lost 3-0 to América S.A.. Their final group stage match will be against Providencia on Wednesday, November 6th at 11:30am.

Any word on the results?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2013, 04:34:54 PM »

Any word on the results?

Providencia 2-2 T&T

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2013, 10:53:53 PM »

Any word on the results?

Providencia 2-2 T&T

Thank you as always. Was this to be their final game or do they enter a knockout round?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2013, 06:01:31 AM »

Any word on the results?

Providencia 2-2 T&T

Thank you as always. Was this to be their final game or do they enter a knockout round?

I believe it was their final game, because they finished fourth in their group with seven points.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2013, 06:50:08 PM »
U-15s return from 'useful' Colombia trip.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 15 Boys team returned from their maiden overseas trip to Cali. Colombia on the weekend after narrowly missing out on progressing to the second round of the Tournament of the Americas.

The squad, which has been selected with the aim of preparing for the 2015 FIFA Under 17 World Cup, drew their final match 2-2 last Thursday against Colombian Under 17 team Providencia.

St Augustine Secondary and Joe Public midfielder Jesse Joseph scored in the 14th minute while Arima Secondary forward Dareem Daniel netting in the 75th. The result meant T&T ended on seven points, same as three other teams in their group but missed out advancing on goal difference.

T&T, appearing in the tournament through assistance from the Ministry of Sport and SPORTT, had earlier defeated Real Sociedad 1-0 and Seville 3-1 before losing to group winners America SA 3-0 in their penultimate game.

Head Coach Shawn Cooper, who was assisted by coaches Ross Russell and Leonson Lewis, believed his players benefited from the exercise.

“It was certainly a level up from what they play at home in the Secondary Schools League and local club football,” Cooper told TTFA Media.

“Our boys I thought played well in parts but they realized that there is a difference at this level. We were playing against Under 17 teams while our boys are still 15 and under. I welcomed that challenge for them because it means we would have had some great experience playing against some of the top youth teams in Colombia and other parts of Latin America before we head into competition for 2015.”

“You could actually here these players speaking among themselves about how the opponents were closing them down making runs off the ball and what they in turn needed to do better. This was about football education as well and brought a lot of benefits for us,” he added.

TTFA Technical Director Anton Corneal was pleased to see the team have the opportunity to play against foreign opposition.

“It’s the only way for us to develop and gain the much needed experience at the youth level. What we do with these players at home is all well and good but we will only know how we are progressing when we compete with some of the better ones in countries where football is a top priority.

Only then can we have our players also realize what are their faults that need to be worked on and what are their strengths that can to be capitalized on. And this must happen before they get to the Under 20 or Under 23 level before making the step up to the senior level,” Corneal said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2013, 07:06:24 PM »
Probably better exposure for them than the U-15 CFU, where they would have not faced consistent challenges except in the final stage. Good work by the TTFA to  make up for the lost opportunity!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2013, 02:56:25 AM »
Was Cooper in Colombia for the entire tournament? Who was on the sidelines for the Big 5?

1]; } ?>