March 29, 2024, 12:03:03 AM

Author Topic: U-15 Men's Football Team Thread  (Read 95957 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: U-15 Men's Football Team Thread
« Reply #300 on: June 23, 2018, 12:45:47 AM »
TTFA/NLCB Elite U-15 Boys show progress on the training pitch.
TTFA Media.

While the World Cup is in full swing in Russia, several of this country’s aspiring international footballers are facing the grind four days a week as the TTFA/NLCB Elite U-15 Boys programme continues at a brisk pace at the TTFA Home of Football, Ato Boldon Stadium.

Head Coach Stuart Charles Fevrier currently oversees sessions with some thirty five of the best players in that age group from throughout the twin-island.

The programme is now into its second year and Fevrier provided an update on Thursday, saying he was impressed by the work ethic of the players as he now places emphasis on tactical awareness and game understanding.

Tactical awareness, critical to game performance, is the ability to identify tactical problems that arise during a game and to respond appropriately. Responses might involve on-the-ball skills, such as passing and shooting, and off-the-ball movements, such as supporting and covering which is what Fevrier and his staff have been working on. Among tactical issues teams face include maintaining possession of the ball. Players maintain possession by selecting and executing passing, ball-control, and support skills and so far Fevrier believes his players are showing signs of progress here.

“We are training four days a week and the boys have been showing good progress. We are more or less concentrating on the principles of the game, basic defending as individuals and as a team and the same offensively,” Fevrier told TTFA Media.

“We are pleased with the progress we are seeing from them at this point. We have been playing Under 16 teams and we haven’t lost a game also staying unbeaten against the Pro League Under 16 teams. Now I will like to see them against international teams. We are supposed to be entering a tournament in Curacao in August which will be a good opportunity for us to face strong competition.

“All in all I am quite happy with them. They are eager and willing to learn and most of them have a good attitude. We are really trying our best here so that when we are finished with these players and they move on to the next stage, they will then have good tactical knowledge and game understanding as well as proper technique,” Fevrier concluded.

Video - TTFA/NLCB Elite U-15 Boys Programme Update

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2018, 12:56:07 AM »
Elite U-15 member Josiah Wilson dreams of World Cup stage.
TTFA Media.

The best National Under 15 male footballers are all following the World Cup taking place in Russia. Some are rooting for their favourites but more than that, they are keenly observing the different aspects of the game as displayed by the best teams in the world. They know that the only thing that stands between them and the dream of playing on that stage in perhaps eight years, is the will to give everything and having the belief that it is actually possible.

Fourteen-year-old Josiah Wilson of Belmont is among the thirty odd players currently on the training pitch four days per week at the TTFA Home of Football in Couva, as a member of the TTFA/NLCB Elite Development Squad currently being overseen by head coach Stuart Charles Fevrier and his coaching staff that includes the likes of former national players Leonson Lewis and Clyde Leon.

“It is an amazing feeling because my years of growing up I always wanted to be a footballer and I always wanted to make the national team and help them make the World Cup. The experience with this team is showing me that it is never easy, it is always a challenge. First you have to make the team by working hard and then if you want to stay on the team you have to work even harder,” Wilson told TTFA Media.

He would have been just two years at the time of T&T’s appearance at the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany. There is one thing that he can recall as a toddler and based on stories he’s heard later on, that being that the  impact of qualification for a World Cup is immense.

“I know that everybody was really happy when the national team made it to the World Cup. I couldn’t remember much but I heard afterwards that it brought a lot of joy to the people. I just want to carry my country back to that stage one day so people could be happy to support the national team there again and that our football can return to a high level,” said Wilson who played for Caledonia AIA in the last Pro League youth season.

About the current TTFA Elite programme, Wilson described the setup as one that is providing a good platform for players like him to progress within an environment conducive to football development.

“It is an amazing feeling because in my years of growing up I always wanted to be a footballer and I always wanted to make the national team and help them make the World Cup. The experience with this team is showing me that it is never easy, it is always a challenge. First you have to make the team by working hard and then if you want to stay on the team you have to work even harder,” Wilson told TTFA Media. “We are receiving training both on and off the field that is aimed at making us better players.”

He would have been just two years at the time of T&T’s appearance at the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany. There is one thing that he can recall as a toddler and based on stories he’s heard later on. The significant impact of qualification for a World Cup is immense.

“I know that everybody was really happy when the national team made it to the World Cup. I couldn’t remember much but I heard afterwards that it brought a lot of joy to the people. I just want to carry my country back to that stage one day so people could be happy to support the national team there again and that our football can return to a high level,” Wilson said.

About the current programme, Wilson described the setup as one that is providing a good platform for players like him to make the step up.

“One of the joys of  training is that it’s a family here in this squad. We joke and laugh but we know when it’s time to get serious for training. He (Fevrier) is a very good coach. He knows everyone can play,so he wants to work on our tactical game because on the international level it’s more about tactics. They are trying to provide us with the tools that we need to develop ourselves as young men and players and hopefully we can turn out to be successful in years to come,” Wilson said.

Wilson’s favourite team in Russia is the Lionel Messi-led Argentina. But he is making it part of his daily schedule to also take in the performances of the other competing teams  for the sake of his football education.

“When you look at the World Cup, the games are being played at a very high tempo. I like that none of the teams are being overpowered. The small teams are giving a strong showing and the bigger teams are not having an easy time.

“All the teams are playing together. They wait until they have an opening before they go for it. And that is what coach Stuart is trying to teach us in the sessions. When we first came to this squad, it was more of a one-man show as every player was trying to show themselves. But now we are all playing as a team.”

Wilson believes that leadership and success is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and actions. So far he is staying on the right path.

“My father brought me up in a way that I should not be an ignorant person or player especially to the referees or coaches. I have learnt that dedication and focus is important. I think all of us here in the programme are hoping to be that way. My ambition is to help my country make it to the World Cup and also to be the best player that I can possibly be. As a team I know we can work towards that and achieve our dreams in the future,” Wilson said.

NB: The 2022 World Cup takes place in Qatar. The 2026 World Cup will be jointly hosted by United States, Mexico and Canada. By then Josiah hopes to be a 22-year-old that has already played for T&T at the U-15, U-17 and Under 20 Level and knocking on the doors of Senior Team selection for 2026 Qualification.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Under 15 Boys back in training ahead of CONCACAF U-15 Championship
« Reply #302 on: February 11, 2019, 07:25:30 PM »
Under 15 Boys back in training ahead of CONCACAF U-15 Championship
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 15 Boys national team has resumed training under head coach Stuart Charles Fevrier for the 2019 calendar which involves their participation in the CONCACAF Under 15 Boys Championship at IMG Academy in Florida in August.

The squad is currently training six days per week at the TTFA Home of Football training facilities and will be gearing towards the competition at which they hope to compete against top quality opposition from the Confederation.

“We  resumed in  late January after a full year of training in 2018. We are trying more to focus on the physical base of the players at this time as last year we worked a lot on game understanding for at least seven months,” Fevrier told TTFA Media.

“We are continuing on game understanding but also trying to get them on a higher level tactically, physically more prepared and on becoming more mature as players.

“This tournament in August is very important as it gives is the necessary exposure. We are hoping to give them some additional exposure before we go into the tournament.  It’s not always easy to get these type of matches but we will see what can be worked out to play some foreign opposition or at least play matches against older age group teams locally,” Fevrier added.

“The tournament in Curacao last year was beneficial but I think now we need to see them against stronger opposition either from within Concacaf or even outside of the region. We need to measure ourselves against teams that are consistently playing and performing at a high level.”

Fevrier noted that there has been interest from youth players either based or born in overseas destinations who re eligible of representing Trinidad and Tobago.

“We have had interest from a few players who are eligible to play for the country and we have been having discussions with players from the UK and North America to see what possibilities there may be for them to join the training before we go into competition,” he added.

The current Under 15 T&T boys squad is the group being groomed for the 2021 Under 17 World Cup qualifying campaign.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Under-15 Football Team Thread
« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2019, 07:59:10 AM »
so what about the under 17 team now ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2019, 04:56:06 PM »
One step at a time for TTFA, Breds!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2019, 02:08:59 PM »
so what about the under 17 team now ?
Just read their qualifying series begins in less than 2 months and they have been inactive. Can't see how they'll compete at their best given it's last minute again. There's also the rumor that this U15 team will replace team to gain experience.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 22, 2019, 06:23:37 AM »
WATCH: National U-15 Boys head Coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier is anticipating the upcoming TTFA Invitational U-15 tournament with Venezuela, Panama  and Mexico

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kWmmm7mgWjs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kWmmm7mgWjs</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #307 on: June 24, 2019, 06:04:34 PM »
Fevrier: U-15 tournament at home will prepare us well for Concacaf championship.
TTFA Media.

National Under 15 boys head coach Stuart Charles Fevrier believes the upcoming TTFA U-15 Boys Invitational 4-nation tournament in July will prove to be a much anticipated and worthy exercise for the team ahead of the 2019 CONCACAF Boys U-15 championship.

Fevrier has been overseeing the team for just over three years and currently away with the senior men’s team at the Concacaf Gold Cup, his backroom staff has been continuing the preparations of the team at the TTFA Home of Football in Couva.

“It is a tournament I really welcome. These boys have been working for some time and I believe now they need more exposure playing more Central american and North American teams because we’ve only played against Caribbean teams in the last competition in Curacao,” Fevrier told TTFA Media.

CONCACAF giants Mexico and Panama along with Venezuela of the CONMEBOL, have all agreed to participate in the  round-robin tournament which the TTFA will host. And the FA is in discussion with two Caribbean countries to add another dimension to the celebration by hosting the Under 17 Girls in the tournament, in keeping with the commitment to develop the Women’s game.

The tournament is scheduled to run from July 17- 21 with three (3) match-days, to be played on July 17 at the Ato Boldon Stadium, July 19 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and July 21 back at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

“I am very happy for the opportunity they will be getting to play against Mexico which is a top footballing nation, Panama and also Venezuela which has improved tremendously in world football,” he continued.

“We are still at a developmental phase. The Concacaf championship in August is a developmental one and I understand that one of the rules says that every player must play at least 60 minutes. Our programme has always been twofold – one to win football games and secondly  to develop the players for the future of Trinidad and Tobago football.

“I’m always excited whenever the boys play whether at home or abroad. This will be the first time they will be playing at home where the public will get the chance to have a look at them and I know the players will be looking forward to it as well,” Fevrier added.

T&T have been grouped with Panama, Mexico and Curacao for the group stage of the Concacaf championship at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida from August 4-12.

“Panama and Mexico are in our group and playing them in the competition at home will give all the teams a good opportunity to have a look at each other. By the time the Concacaf championship comes around we would have played against four very good opponents in the preparations,” Fevrier said.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 25, 2019, 06:05:10 AM »
Has anyone seen this team train or play?  Are they inviting any players from USA or Canada?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 25, 2019, 07:27:22 AM »
Has anyone seen this team train or play?  Are they inviting any players from USA or Canada?

AN OLD ATRTICLE
https://www.socawarriors.net/mens-u15/21527-under-15-boys-back-in-training-ahead-of-concacaf-u-15-championship.html

Fevrier noted that there has been interest from youth players either based or born in overseas destinations who re eligible of representing Trinidad and Tobago.

“We have had interest from a few players who are eligible to play for the country and we have been having discussions with players from the UK and North America to see what possibilities there may be for them to join the training before we go into competition,” he added.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 25, 2019, 09:56:16 AM »
"The tournament is scheduled to run from July 17- 21 with three (3) match-days, to be played on July 17 at the Ato Boldon Stadium, July 19 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and July 21 back at the Ato Boldon Stadium."

"T&T have been grouped with Panama, Mexico and Curacao for the group stage of the Concacaf championship at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida from August 4-12.

“Panama and Mexico are in our group and playing them in the competition at home will give all the teams a good opportunity to have a look at each other. By the time the Concacaf championship comes around we would have played against four very good opponents in the preparations,” Fevrier said."

Good initiative, but like most everything about historic and ongoing  TTFA administration decision-making it is flawed. You really have to question whether playing these powerful teams for the first time so late in the game, just before a tournament, will produce the intended benefits. Its takes time to absorb and reflect the lessons of such games. This should have happened about six months ago, with subsequent matches to guage progress happening now.

However beggars can't be choosers, and its still a great opportunity for the boys to build on going forward.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 26, 2019, 11:12:51 AM »
This was published on June 25th 2019

:Re-upload  ???

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8rQMbLj8hNA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8rQMbLj8hNA</a>
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 10:53:59 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 26, 2019, 12:13:18 PM »
This was published on June 25th 2019

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WhnFJzR1ffY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WhnFJzR1ffY</a>

that striker is big for 15

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 26, 2019, 09:54:55 PM »
Well DJW touting this team as special, saying this is where TTFA is putting all it energy. We go see...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 27, 2019, 04:45:16 AM »
Well DJW touting this team as special, saying this is where TTFA is putting all it energy. We go see...

A few weeks ago he stated the senior team was where the focus was directed.

There's a term I return to occasionally on this forum vis-à-vis the setting of policy and agendas. The term is "picking winners". It first gained currency in the context of governments and economic policymaking but it has application to say, picking the U15s as winners and discarding the U23s as losers.

How many guava seasons does the policymaker anticipate living through before all fruits supposedly ripen in a subsequent generation? Send a memo to the fans and tell them to return whenever you deem fit. 2030? 2034? ... after the golden generation has emerged so that the fans can brace themselves for the famine between now and then.

Picking winners is not an enlightened way of making sustainable comprehensive sports policy or of setting a federation's agenda, but it certainly would be appealing to someone with authoritarian inclinations and "Big Man-ship" tendencies who is running a national federation via an Emergency Committee that ignores that the "emergency" is the totality of the federation itself rather than one or two or three components of its functioning.

"Non-democratic governments may — emphasize may — be better at picking winners and euthanizing losers, though I’m guessing dictators have other deficiencies that make them lousy capital allocators."

That's a quote from Canadian economist, William Watson writing in the Financial Post in November 2018. The article is titled "Our governments could pick winners, but they can’t resist backing losers". It's a bit thick reading but if you sift through to the middle  of the article, the relevance to the TTFA becomes clear.

Maybe from a fan perspective it would be strategic to trigger government intervention into the affairs of the national federation. Eventually that would pick the TTFA president and his collaborators as losers and the national community as winners.

Mr. Prime Minister, it's a winning proposition and a vote getter. Have you seen the response to the petition? It's a referendum on the land provided by the State to the TTFA.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 10:49:59 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 27, 2019, 07:45:27 AM »
First the senior team is the flagship program, then he's pleased with our only revenue-earner team after the US game saying the focus is on the U15's  ::)

DJW admits men’s team only revenue-earner.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

DAVID JOHN-WILLIAMS, president of the TT Football Association (TTFA), has admitted that the national men's team is the flagship T&T team and the only revenue-earning team for the local football governing body.

In an interview, which was posted online today, John-Williams said it is impossible to for the cash-strapped TTFA to sustain 11 national teams (men's and women's), without the support of corporate T&T. A number of teams, including the men's and women's Olympic (Under-23) squads who are expected to feature in Concacaf qualifiers this year, may suffer as a result.

With regards to the Under-23 teams, John-Williams said coaches may bemoan the lack of preparation time ahead of the qualifiers, even if the TTFA sourced funding from either corporate T&T or Government. He stressed that the TTFA do not have the cash to fund the Under-23 programme.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:50:40 AM by soccerman »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 27, 2019, 11:13:00 AM »

A few weeks ago he stated the senior team was where the focus was directed.

There's a term I return to occasionally on this forum vis-à-vis the setting of policy and agendas. The term is "picking winners". It first gained currency in the context of governments and economic policymaking but it has application to say, picking the U15s as winners and discarding the U23s as losers.

How many guava seasons does the policymaker anticipate living through before all fruits supposedly ripen in a subsequent generation? Send a memo to the fans and tell them to return whenever you deem fit. 2030? 2034? ... after the golden generation has emerged so that the fans can brace themselves for the famine between now and then.

Picking winners is not an enlightened way of making sustainable comprehensive sports policy or of setting a federation's agenda, but it certainly would be appealing to someone with authoritarian inclinations and "Big Man-ship" tendencies who is running a national federation via an Emergency Committee that ignores that the "emergency" is the totality of the federation itself rather than one or two or three components of it's functioning.

"Non-democratic governments may — emphasize may — be better at picking winners and euthanizing losers, though I’m guessing dictators have other deficiencies that make them lousy capital allocators."

That's a quote from Canadian economist, William Watson writing in the Financial Post in November 2018. The article is titled "Our governments could pick winners, but they can’t resist backing losers". It's a bit thick reading but if you sift through to the middle  of the article, the relevance to the TTFA becomes clear.

Maybe from a fan perspective it would be strategic to trigger government intervention into the affairs of the national federation. Eventually that would pick the TTFA president and his collaborators as losers and the national community as winners.

Mr. Prime Minister, it's a winning proposition and a vote getter. Have you seen the response to the petition? It's a referendum on the land provided by the State to the TTFA.

One could make the argument that an FA is entitled to pick winners and losers. It is the FA's business to manage the fundamental problem of allocating resources among competing interests. But that's not really the issue. DJW is not picking winners, he is playing a crude, shameless smoke and mirrors by deflecting from a national humiliation. If you are deflecting then you aren't taking responsibility, regardless of how well the U-15s perform. As you suggest if the youths do well he can point to generational talent and claim it as superior preparation on the part of the FA
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 11:14:52 AM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 27, 2019, 02:55:30 PM »
Yes, you're right that one could make that argument. However, in this case there was a declaration that financial support and resources were NOT an inhibiting factor in sending the U23s. What we had was a presidential edict or decree that was self-serving and  grounded in contradictions. No technical reasons were offered or supported for the non-participation of the U23s and indeed coaches were advocating for the team's participation.

I know of no federation that treats competing interests between national teams but I know of FAs that balance competing interests within the allocation spectrum of each national team age group.

Budgets are set accordingly. Other than that, with regard to facility use there is either separation or clear prioritization based on the calendar ( where teams use the same facilities).

With regard to competitions, each team has an identified number/minimum number of foreign participations and tournaments that are predetermined. In that organisational framework, you'll never get a U15 not travelling because the U19s have another priority.

Before we got to the president deflecting, there was a problem rooted in a determination that was based on political will (his lack of wanting to send the U23s although $ was available to send them).

The foregoing is based on men's football. In some countries it could happen to women's teams.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 02:57:32 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 27, 2019, 06:23:52 PM »
"With regard to competitions, each team has an identified number/minimum number of foreign participations and tournaments that are predetermined. In that organisational framework, you'll never get a U15 not travelling because the U19s have another priority."

Lol, does our FA work like that? The bossman himself said he was channeling "energy" into a team. Mexico, Venezuela etc coming over here and yet they can't put U-23s on a plane? Whether financial or political its clear prioritization/triage is being carried out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 01, 2019, 07:37:38 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago U-15 Boys open against Panama, U-16 girls get two games versus Curaçao
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 15 Boys team will face off with Panama’s U15s in the second game of a double header on the opening day of the TTFA 5-nation Invitational Youth tournament on July 17th at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

The TTFA announced fixtures for the event which will also see the National Girls under 16 team getting much needed match practice against Curaçao's U-16 girls on the second and third match days.

T&T will open against Panama on July 17th from 7:15pm with Mexico and Panama squaring off in the curtain raiser from 5:15pm.

There will be a triple header at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Friday July 19th with T&T’s girls taking on Curacao from 4pm, Mexico and Panama’s boys meeting at 6:15pm and T&T taking on Venezuela from 8:15pm.

The final day will see T&T facing Mexico in the third game of the evening at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 7:15pm

“It’s very good preparations for us,” T&T U-15 boys head coach Stuart Charles Fevrier told TTFA Media. “Like I said before, it’s important to see where the boys are at this point in terms of match readiness and we need to be playing against quality opposition such as Mexico, Venezuela, Panama and Curacao. I’m really pleased that the Association has been able to arrange these matches for us,” he continued.

“We have two weeks left before the opening game and we’ll be working towards ensuring that the team gives a good account in front of the home fans,” Fevrier added.

T&T is preparing for the 2019 CONCACAF U-15 Boys Championship at IMG Academy in Florida in August where they will face Mexico, Panama and Curacao.

The Women Under 16 team meantime is preparing under head coach Stephan De Four for the Concacaf 2020 Under 17 Women’s Championship at IMG Academy.

“Preparations are now really starting and I’m focusing on some aspects such as getting the players together because we have those playing in the WOLF League and other small leagues in the country.I’ve also been to Tobago to see a few players,” De Four told TTFA Media.

“The opportunity for us to play two games against Curacao in this tournament is good and much welcomed at this stage because it’s whole new start for the programme. We have five overseas players coming into the squad. We’re not quite there as yet in terms of preparations but we are getting there and these games will be useful for us,” De Four added.

Tickets are available at all NLCB Lotto outlets. They are priced at $50 (covered), $30 (uncovered) per matchday and $125 for a season pass which allows access to all three match days in the covered stands.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #320 on: July 02, 2019, 01:32:07 AM »
Charles-Fevrier has high hopes for U-15 Invitational.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

NATIONAL Under-15 men’s football team coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier believes the TTFA (TT Football Association) U-15 Boys Invitational four-nation tournament in July will prove to be a much anticipated and worthy exercise for the team ahead of the 2019 Concacaf Boys U-15 Championship.

Charles-Fevrier has been overseeing the team for just over three years and his backroom staff has been continuing the preparations of the team at the TTFA Home of Football in Couva.

“It is a tournament I really welcome,” said Charles-Fevrier. “These boys have been working for some time and I believe now they need more exposure playing more Central American and North American teams because we’ve only played against Caribbean teams in the last competition in Curacao.”

Concacaf giants Mexico and Panama along with Venezuela, have all agreed to participate in the round-robin tournament which be hosted in Trinidad.

The tournament is scheduled to run from July 17-21 with three match-days, to be played on July 17 at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, July 19 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo, and July 21 back at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

“I am very happy for the opportunity they will be getting to play against Mexico which is a top footballing nation, Panama and also Venezuela which has improved tremendously in world football,” said Charles-Fevrier, the current TT men’s assistant team coach.

“We are still at a developmental phase. The Concacaf championship in August is a developmental one and I understand that one of the rules says that every player must play at least 60 minutes. Our programme has always been twofold – one to win football games and secondly to develop the players for the future of TT football.

“I’m always excited whenever the boys play whether at home or abroad. This will be the first time they will be playing at home where the public will get the chance to have a look at them and I know the players will be looking forward to it as well,” Charles-Fevrier added.

T&T have been grouped with Panama, Mexico and Curacao for the group stage of the Concacaf championship at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, United States from August 4-12. “Panama and Mexico are in our group and playing them in the competition at home will give all the teams a good opportunity to have a look at each other.

“By the time the Concacaf Championship comes around we would have played against four very good opponents in the preparations,” Charles-Fevrier said.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 03, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »
James has big ambitions as Trinidad and Tobago U-15s prepare for Invitational Tournament
TTFA Media

Queen’s Royal College student Nathaniel James will be one of the players local football fans can look out for when this country’s National Under 15 Boys team take centerstage from July 17th at the TTFA Youth Invitational tournament.

Three days of matches are scheduled for the Ato Boldon and Hasely Crawford Stadium with Boys teams from Panama, Mexico and Venezuela taking part while the Curacao Girls U-16s will face off with this country’s National Girls U-16s in two matches.

Under the guidance of head coach Stuart Charles Fevrier, T&T’s boys are preparing for the 2019 CONCACAF U-15 championship at IMG Academy in Bradenton. The team has been together since 2017 with regular training sessions and practice games every week with one overseas tour to Curacao in August 2018 where they topped hosts Curacao 2-0 to finish winners of their Caribbean Football Union Group.

“It’s been a really enjoyable and exciting journey so far,” said James who recently had a stint in Spain with David Nakhid’s International Academy at the Madrid International Cup.

“We have been in training for quite some time and this tournament coming up will be great opportunity for us to test ourselves. I’m really excited because it will will be the first time we are playing against opposition from outside of the Caribbean. I think my teammates are very excited also. It will really give us a chance to see what level we are at and how much we have developed over the past two years,” he added. “We are going to match them. We are going to compete and we are going to give our best.”

James has honour and pride on his shoulders everytime he steps on the pitch in T&T colours.

“What makes me feel honoured is hearing my national team’s anthem when I am about to play. You feel all the nerves before the game but when the whistle blows everything takes over after that.
It means everything to me to represent my country. Ever since I was a little boy I’ve wanted to represent Trinidad and Tobago.

The 14-year-old attributed his discipline and success to not only his personal sacrifices but the efforts of his both parents.

“They have been with me through it all. I’ve had some difficult times. There was a time when I had training and I would reach home late most days. It was hard to keep up with my school work and my grades were dropping. It needed a little more effort to improve myself and get better grades. I have to miss a lot of time with my friends and I can’t lime late. I have to be asleep early,” James noted.

“The people who inspire me to be who I am will definitely be my mom and dad and my idol Lionel Messi just because I have a similar playing style to him. I admire my parents for the way they try to help me in every single way. The time when I got my lowest grades ever  my mom and dad were very disappointed and almost at the point where they probably wanted to give up on me. But they didn’t stop. They came and tried with me and it’s working out now and I really appreciate them for that,” he said.

“I want to make it a World Cup. I want to play in a Champions League and I just want to take Trinidad and Tobago football to greater heights. I’m a proud Trinbagonian and I am inviting the fans to come out and support us from July 17th,” James concluded.

T&T faces Panama at 7:15pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium on July 17th with Mexico and Venezuela’s U-15s squaring off from 5pm at the Couva venue. Tickets are available at all NLCB Lotto outlets.  Tickets are priced at $40 per matchday and $100 for tournament pass which will give fans access too all three matchdays.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #322 on: July 07, 2019, 05:55:04 AM »
Panama’s coach keen on quality warm ups in TTFA Youth Invitational tourney.
TTFA Media

Panama’s National Under 15 head coach Jorge Santos is looking forward to the upcoming TTFA Youth Invitational tournament with keen interest as he seeks to get his side ready for the 2019 CONCACAF U15 boys Championship in August.

Santos, who will arrive with his squad in the country next week for the July 17th-21st tournament which involves T&T, Mexico and Venezuela, said he was delighted upon hearing about the invitation extended by the TTFA and the subsequent acceptance by the Panamanian football federation.

“It’s a great tournament and opportunity for us to travel and play against some quality opponents like Mexico, Venezuela and the host country,” Santos told TTFA Media via a translator.

Santos and his coaching partners spent a month visiting the different districts identifying players in May and have been together as a group in training for roughly one month.

“These matches in Trinidad will serve to see how our team is compared to other teams in the region. It will be very beneficial for our players because it is the first time will be playing as a national team,” Santos said.

“Playing in Trinidad and Tobago before going to Florida will help us put into practice what we have been practicing with the players over the past few weeks.”

Santos pinpointed the type of challenge he expects in the upcoming matches.

“Facing Mexico is important because they are a well-worked team technically. To play against Trinidad and Tobago is to play against physically well-gifted players that will demand a lot out of our players and Venezuela will give us a chance against a South-American opponent with a different style to ours.”

Santos has a squad of thirty players in training and will cut his squad to eighteen before traveling to Port of Spain next week.

Like the TTFA, the Panama FA is focusing on this current pool of players as their new generation as they prepare for not just the U-15 championship in August but the next Under 17 and Under 20 World Cup qualifying cycles which will lead into the Senior Team era. Panama has qualified for two FIFA Under 17 Men’s World Cups and six Under 20 World Cups in 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011,2015 and 2019.

T&T will face Panama in the second game of the opening double header on July 17th at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 7:15pm. Mexico and Venezuela will square off from 5:15pm.

Fans can purchase their tickets at all NLCB Lotto outlets priced at $40 with tournament passes priced at $100.

Support our Youth Teams - TTFA Invitation Tournament Promo with the Parents

The Future is Now - Nathaniel James has big ambitions

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 11, 2019, 05:43:17 AM »
So, these players are still sporting Joma? Ah wonder what Joma think about that? Ring, ring ... hello.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2019, 12:18:31 AM »
T&T Youth football teams countdown to Invitational tournament.
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 15 Boys and Under 17 girls have begun counting down the days to their first set of international matches on home soil as the TTFA Invitational Youth tournament draws closer to kick off.

Both teams, the under 15s under the guidance of head coach Stuart Charles Fevrier and the Girls under recently appointed head coach Steffon De Four have been on the training pitch up to four days per week and have entered residential training camps ahead of the tournament opener on July 17th at the Ato Boldon Stadium. The Boys will face Panama from 7:15pm following the curtain raiser between Venezuela and Mexico at 5:15pm. The Girls will open their account against Curacao, two days later on July 19th at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The Venezuela Boys team arrives in Trinidad on Sunday afternoon while Mexico comes in on Monday night and Panama gets in earlier on Monday.

“This will be a really good opportunity for us to face a team like Curacao as it gives us a chance to challenge ourselves against international opposition. Hopefully we can come out on top,” said U-17 Women’s midfielder Jessica Harragin while at a training session on Monday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Harragin, who attends Holy Name Convent and plays for Queen’s Park Women’s team, spoke about her aspirations in the game.

“Playing for the national team allows me to play football at a high level and also have opportunities to develop my career further. It’s fun and enjoyable to be in the training session with my teammates. Football is the sport I grew up playing all my life and it’s the most enjoyable thing for me. I love it because it’s about strategy and skill.

“I think if our Women’s Senior Team could make it that far (in 2014) then I think we can do it as well. My life is centred around school and football. As soon as I leave school I’m normally going to play football. Any studying I do has to be within school hours because after that I have just football and more training. My parents know that I really want this so they take the time to get me to training and to make sure I ave the best training and the best football opportunities possible,” Harragin said.

Speaking about the current T&T team, she added, “I think this team works together very well. We have fight and confidence. I think on the field we can work together to make the team go as a far as possible.

On the boys side, defensive midfielder Jaheim Marshall, who skippered the team when it captured the CFU Boys Challenge last year, is expecting a tough campaign coming up. While the U-15 team has played regular matches against local teams,  it will be their first outing against international opposition in T&T.

“These teams all play at a high level. Panama has been to several youth World Cups while Mexico have won two Under 20 World Cups and Venezuela have been to the 2017 youth World Cup final. This is an opportunity for us to test ourselves against some really good opponents who have strong youth programmes. We are excited but also taking these matches very seriously. We want to do well especially as it’s our first set of international games at home,” he said.

“We have the world at our feet and we are ready to take it on with everything we have. We are all pushing each other as far as we can. The love and togetherness we have keeps us going, waking up everyday and coming to training. We have really turned into a family over the last two years.

“I take my responsibilities very seriously because I know all the boys look up to me. I always have to be at my best and the boys know I expect the best from them,” Marshall said

Fans can purchase tickets at $40 and tournament passes for all three matchdays are priced at $100 at all NLCB outlets.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 14, 2019, 09:59:48 AM »
https://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/local/testing-time-for-youth-football-teams/article_7af10bca-a5c8-11e9-a702-0f841cebb8ba.html

I am watching a pix in the Express of the U-15 training. How come they still using Joma. Should they not be wearing Capelli training kit? What kind of contract did DJW signed.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:34:07 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 14, 2019, 11:10:46 AM »
https://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/local/testing-time-for-youth-football-teams/article_7af10bca-a5c8-11e9-a702-0f841cebb8ba.html

I am watching a pix in the Express of the U-15 training. How come they still using Joma. Should they not be wearing Capelli training kit? What can of contract did DJW signed.

The same kind he signed with the TTFA and the people of Trinidad and Tobago: a do WTF I want contract.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 14, 2019, 11:34:41 AM »

I am watching a pix in the Express of the U-15 training. How come they still using Joma. Should they not be wearing Capelli training kit? What kind of contract did DJW signed.

The same kind he signed with the TTFA and the people of Trinidad and Tobago: a do WTF I want contract.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #328 on: July 16, 2019, 12:42:07 AM »
Fevrier picks 20-man U-15 team.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

T&T Un­der-15 coach Stu­art Charles Fevri­er has picked a 20-man squad to rep­re­sent the coun­try at the T&TFA Youth In­vi­ta­tion­al Tour­na­ment, which kicks off to­mor­row with a dou­ble-head­er at the Ato Boldon Sta­di­um in Bal­main, Cou­va.

Fevri­er has been over­see­ing the prepa­ra­tion of this team for the past two years with reg­u­lar ses­sions and train­ing camps. He will now have the op­por­tu­ni­ty to com­pete against in­ter­na­tion­al op­po­si­tion, in­clud­ing Mex­i­co, Venezuela and Pana­ma, for the first time on home soil.

The com­pe­ti­tion will see in­ter­na­tion­al un­der-15 teams on show for the first time since the CFU Youth Cup was held here in 2008.

“It’s a great op­por­tu­ni­ty for the play­ers to play against some qual­i­ty in­ter­na­tion­al teams such as Mex­i­co, Venezuela and Pana­ma. We have been play­ing a lot of prac­tice games and then we found our­selves play­ing against teams of high­er age groups, such as the se­nior lev­el, in or­der to in­ten­si­fy what we were do­ing. I be­lieve the boys are fo­cused and ready to give a good show­ing in this com­pe­ti­tion," Fevri­er told Guardian Me­dia.

“This is a de­vel­op­men­tal tour­na­ment, sim­i­lar to what will take place in Flori­da next month and it is im­por­tant that we un­der­stand this and take the nec­es­sary ap­proach. Of course, we are aim­ing to com­pete and to put on a good dis­play of foot­ball.”

Team cap­tain Ja­heim Mar­shall is al­so ea­ger to take the pitch in front of the home fans.

“It is a great ho­n­our for all of us in the team to play in front of the home crowd. We have been work­ing re­al­ly hard for a long time and now we want to put this in­to match­es and demon­strate what we have done in train­ing. I think these games will go a long way in show­ing us what lev­el we are at and pre­pare us for the Con­ca­caf cham­pi­onship.”

Strik­er Ab­dul-Qudoos Hy­po­lite is promis­ing to­tal foot­ball.

“We are ex­cit­ed but at the same time pa­tient be­cause we know what our am­bi­tions are. These teams all have a rich his­to­ry and are strong in the re­gion. For us, it is a great op­por­tu­ni­ty to be able to go out there and show what we are ca­pa­ble of. We’ll take each game se­ri­ous­ly and try our best to put on a game of to­tal foot­ball and try to achieve the best pos­si­ble re­sults on the day,” he said.

T&T faces Pana­ma from 7.15 pm to­mor­row, with Mex­i­co and Venezuela squar­ing off in the first game at 5.15 pm.

Mean­while, the T&T Un­der 17 Girls' team will al­so be in ac­tion. They will take on Pana­ma’s U-17 team Fri­day at the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um and again on Sun­day at Ato Boldon. Pana­ma has been a late re­place­ment for Cu­ra­cao’s U-17 Girls who en­coun­tered chal­lenges in se­cur­ing air trav­el.

T&T U-15s Team

Kanye Lazarus, GK, Po­lice FC

Chris­t­ian Bai­ley, Cale­do­nia AIA

Dawn St Rose,W Con­nec­tion

Jaron Pas­call,Po­lice FC

Tyrik Trot­man, Cen­tral FC

Ja­heim Mar­shall, Po­lice FC

Ab­dul-Qud­doos Hy­po­lite, Po­lice FC

Jesse Mo­lik Khan, W Con­nec­tion

Ja-Shawn Thomas, W Con­nec­tion

Nathaniel James, W Con­nec­tion

Josi­ah Wil­son, W Con­nec­tion

Tris­tan Stafford, Po­lice FC

Kas­sidy David­son, W Con­nec­tion

Jovonn Gomez, Po­lice FC

Dan­taye Gilbert, W Con­nec­tion

Caleb Bor­neo, Colum­bus Crew

Ja­heim Faustin, San Juan Jabloteh

Tris­tan Ed­wards (GK), San­ta Cruz Unit­ed Acad­e­my

Isa­iah Thomp­son, Point Fortin Civic Cen­tre

Jared Ed­mond (GK), Play­ers Evo­lu­tion Acad­e­my

Head Coach – Stu­art Charles Fevri­er

RELATED NEWS

Seven Connection players in T&T U-15 team; ‘Dada’ and Look Loy complain about poaching.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Boys’ National Under-15 Team head coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier has announced his 20-man squad for this week’s TTFA Youth Invitational Tournament.

The Boys National Under-15s, who are captained by Trendsetter Hawks midfielder Jaheim Marshall, will play Panama, Venezuela and Mexico on 17, 19 and 21 July respectively while the Women’s National Under-17 Team play Panama on 19 and 21 July. Fixtures on Wednesday and Sunday are at the Ato Boldon Stadium while the Friday matches are at the Hasely Crawford Stadium venue.

“It’s a great opportunity for the players to play against some quality international teams such as Mexico, Venezuela and Panama,” Fevrier told the TTFA Media. “We have been playing a lot of practice games and then we found ourselves having to play against teams of higher age groups and senior level in order to intensify what we were doing. I believe the boys are focused and ready to give a good showing in this competition.

“This is a developmental tournament similar to what will take place [at the Concacaf Under-15 Championship] in Florida next month and it is important that we understand this and take the necessary approach. Of course we are aiming to compete and to put on a good display of football.”

But the TTFA Invitational marks a bittersweet moment for some youth coaches whose players won national selection with their clubs, only to become W Connection property before the end of the process.

Fevrier is the W Connection technical director while Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams is the club owner.

Trendsetter Hawks founder and head Anthony ‘Dada’ Wickham said he was stunned to look at Fevrier’s 20-man roster and see his star attacker, Josiah Wilson, listed as a Connection player.

“When I saw the team, I called [David] John-Williams one time and asked him if Josiah Wilson was transferred to W Connection,” said Wickham, “and how could that have happened since I never signed any transfer form. He said he will have to talk to his daughter Renee [John-Williams] to find out what is going on but I am very suspicious about this whole thing.

“I think they are poaching players.”

Wickham said when his players joined the National Under-15 Team, which is funded by the National Lotteries Control Board (NLCB) under its Elite Programme, they were initially stopped from training with the club.

Then, they were asked to transfer to a Youth Pro League team last season—to supposedly play at a higher level. Marshall and Wilson transferred to Morvant Caledonia AIA, although both returned to Hawks this year.

But Wickham mused about whether the aim was always to separate clubs from the players they nurtured.

“Look they start a National Under-13 programme again this year and already they are telling the players that they cannot be involved in any activity with their clubs,” Wickham told Wired868. “Why? Is it because if you don’t play any club football for two years, you don’t even need a transfer and you can just walk and play for any other club?

“I am hearing that those clubs are in the parents’ ears promising them all kinds of things.”

Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) president and FC Santa Rosa founder Keith Look Loy also lost a bright young talent, Ja-Shawn Thomas, to Connection.

Ironically, Look Loy petitioned for the 14-year-old Thomas to get a second chance with the national youth team after he was initially cut from the burgeoning team at the East Zone stage. Earlier this year, though, the TTFA Board member said Renee John-Williams brought him a transfer request for the lanky Holy Cross College forward, which he signed. Thomas was six years old when he joined Santa Rosa.

Look Loy’s consent to the transfer did not mean he was any less hurt about the loss than ‘Dada’.

“They are using this Elite programme to identify talent and then they keep them away from the clubs that they come from,” said Look Loy. “They are separating the boys from their clubs, cherry picking them, and pressuring them to join Pro League clubs in general and W Connection in particular, so they can get into the national team.”

Look Loy, a former Fifa developmental officer, suggested the TTFA would be better off trying to improve the teams that discover gifted players, rather than isolate two dozen talented boys from the youth football circuit.

“A good match is worth five training sessions, so they should be playing after three training sessions,” said Look Loy. “Instead, they are training all the time and they tell players not to train or play anywhere else because their level will drop. I am fine with the boys training with the national programme but then allow them to play with their clubs.

“And if you have concerns about that club then go and talk to them and offer to help with their programme and try to influence the way they do things. Go watch them, talk to the coaches and work with them. But the result of this Elite Programme shouldn’t be to deprive clubs of their players.”

Look Loy also expressed misgivings at the selection process for the National Under-15 Team. Although the TTFA was credited for executing a fine scouting job to arrive at the current team in early 2018, he claimed they have operated as a completed squad ever since and have not made it easy for players to break in.

“When you look at that team, you have [12] players from two clubs and none of them won either the Republic Bank or the Youth Pro League Under-15 competitions this year,” said Look Loy. “Logically, if you go to scout at the under-15 competition, you would surely see at least one boy you want to bring in. You mean to tell me that with teams like San Juan Jabloteh, Point Fortin Civic and La Horquetta Rangers dominating repeatedly at those age groups, you can barely find a player from those clubs in the team?!

“At that age, national youth teams should be an open door because anyone can tell you that only about two players at that level go on to make it at senior level. So you have to keep freshening the pool.

“But it seems to be a closed group with this team. If you are in, then you are in; and if you’re out of the group you have to stay out.”

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 12:16:36 AM by Flex »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 16, 2019, 05:00:10 AM »
7 W-Connection and 6 Police in the 20 man squad. Fair representation of the top youth talent in T&T?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>