April 18, 2024, 03:26:51 AM

Author Topic: U-15 Men's Football Team Thread  (Read 96976 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-15 Men's Football Team Thread
« Reply #360 on: July 21, 2019, 06:27:01 AM »
It is "wrong" to describe the team that played versus Venezuela as "un­der-strength". On what evidence? Solely the 5-4 result? Prior expeditions? Perception of individual quality and qualities? This is a team game that depends on the collective and cohesion. This squad simply has not had enough match experience to determine what the best mix is. It's often surprising which combination of player qualities yields the best collective under match realities that feature a legitimate opponent. And, this is a development tournament, isn't it? The description is off the mark.

https://wired868.com/2019/07/20/fevrier-i-take-full-responsibility-venezuela-make-themselves-at-home-in-4-0-rout-of-tt-u-15s/

VENEZUELAN COACH

On the flip side, Piedrahita, through a translator, indicated that the Venezuelan team that turned out last night is still fairly new to him, as he and his technical staff continue to search the country for the right group of players to contest CONMEBOL’s Under-15 Championships in November.

This is the third module of our Under-15 team,” Piedrahita said. “In November last year, we put together one Under-15 group and played with them. In April this year, we put together the second group. This is the third module. We put together this group about a month ago. We have been playing together about a month now.”
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 21, 2019, 07:16:37 AM »
Do you interpret that to mean that he travelled to T&T with a squad that's completely different from the previous two cycle modules? Unique players in each module? I can tell you he did NOT do that.

I ask only because of the way it is written/reads that could be an interpretation.

For instance, in April he called 4 keepers. Two of them came to Trinidad.

In April he called 6 forwards. He brought 3 of them to T&T.

When he is saying he has been playing together for a bout a month now, that's not precisely accurate in a sense.

In-house what we think our best XI is can only be confirmed as our best XI when subjected to playing adequate and appropriate opposition.

Février used the term "best possible team" and the media used the term "under-strength". I take less issue with Février's usage than with the media but at the end of the day, there's only one way to find out and it can't have been on the back of playing Panama.

As to the issue of the length of time Février has had the squad versus Venezuelan preparations, we are a long way from a proper platform for comparison in part because of other factors that I won't get into right now ...

I will say this doh: Kudos to Février for holding his hand up and saying he takes responsibility etc.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:25:28 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 21, 2019, 08:14:20 AM »
Venezuela thrashes T&T 4-0.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

T&T's Un­der-17 foot­ballers ....
RELATED NEWS

They were better than us — Charles-Fevrier
...An un­der-strength T&T Un­der-15 team....

both correct?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 21, 2019, 09:29:34 AM »
And the VEN coach's comments underline a comment made by Keith Look Loy: Février (apparently) locked the squad too soon.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 09:52:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 21, 2019, 09:46:56 AM »
Venezuela thrashes T&T 4-0.

T&T's Un­der-17 foot­ballers ....
RELATED NEWS

They were better than us — Charles-Fevrier
...An un­der-strength T&T Un­der-15 team....

both correct?

Under-strength is a distraction. It's a smokescreen. At national team level there shouldn't be a drop off in quality such that players who are ... let's say "understudies" .. create a significant meltdown. Ask yourself if we had played Antigua whether the changes would have been material.

We didn't lose because we were "under-strength". Février sees that it's the opposition's style of play that troubled us. Perhaps that points us in the right direction.

Maybe the better approach might have been to establish more of a footing in the match before making adjustments? I doh know.

Game, set, match. On to Mexico. What have we learned from the two previous matches?

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 09:50:42 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 21, 2019, 01:12:06 PM »
I wonder if our youth players understand the significance of wearing the national colours and representing the country. This is a special opportunity being given to them  and not something they should feel is deserved to them. The love for country and the understanding you should and must give your all, especially playing at home is not instilled in our players. Not in football, not in any sport. The coaching staff has part to play in having the youths understand this as well. Yes in an ideal situation they will not need to do this but in T&T the love and passion to play for country is not there at the moment so the coaching staff need to help out..

Look at big countries, look at small countries (for example Cuba, Jamaica, Australia) some rich, some poor but they tend to be successful in various sports from youth to senior level is partly because there is stong sense of belief that their country is special, their country is the best and they willing to go out their and prove this to the world. Our youth teams (and now I question our current senior team) never had this type of sporting psyche.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 01:32:42 PM by Sando prince »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 21, 2019, 02:41:01 PM »
WATCH Match Highlights - T&T vs Panama U-15s

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1Hz0o0Rbvf8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1Hz0o0Rbvf8</a>

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 21, 2019, 07:09:50 PM »
Ugh conceding 4 goals again

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 21, 2019, 09:50:23 PM »
I wonder if our youth players understand the significance of wearing the national colours and representing the country. This is a special opportunity being given to them  and not something they should feel is deserved to them. The love for country and the understanding you should and must give your all, especially playing at home is not instilled in our players. Not in football, not in any sport. The coaching staff has part to play in having the youths understand this as well. Yes in an ideal situation they will not need to do this but in T&T the love and passion to play for country is not there at the moment so the coaching staff need to help out..

Look at big countries, look at small countries (for example Cuba, Jamaica, Australia) some rich, some poor but they tend to be successful in various sports from youth to senior level is partly because there is stong sense of belief that their country is special, their country is the best and they willing to go out their and prove this to the world. Our youth teams (and now I question our current senior team) never had this type of sporting psyche.

Sando as much as I am disappointed with the results, I think we should lay off the idea that these 15 yr oldssomehow don’t care about performing in the rbw jersey. Yes they made errors and got punished. But to say that they lack passion and giving the idea that they playing a fete match is far from the truth. Did you see the way they fought to reduce the score. The shot from way out to score the 3rd goal and the reaction of the players showed that they have the passion. I did not see the whole Panama game so I can’t give an overall verdict on this team. Give the youths a break. They just not up to par as of now. That is a fact. The TTFA and Fevrier have to come up with solution to assist these youths for the real competition.

Again, I am not accepting mediocrity or making excuses. They just not good enough at this moment.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 21, 2019, 09:57:30 PM »

Sando as much as I am disappointed with the results, I think we should lay off the idea that these 15 yr oldssomehow don’t care about performing in the rbw jersey. Yes they made errors and got punished. But to say that they lack passion and giving the idea that they playing a fete match is far from the truth. Did you see the way they fought to reduce the score. The shot from way out to score the 3rd goal and the reaction of the players showed that they have the passion. I did not see the whole Panama game so I can’t give an overall verdict on this team. Give the youths a break. They just not up to par as of now. That is a fact. The TTFA and Fevrier have to come up with solution to assist these youths for the real competition.

Again, I am not accepting mediocrity or making excuses. They just not good enough at this moment.

Precisely!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 22, 2019, 04:17:15 AM »
Finally had an opportunity to listen and view the Venezuelan coach's post-match interview.

1. Although the translator did a relatively good job, she didn't understand the football universe. Right smack in the middle of the interview the coach was literally explaining to her what CONMEBOL was and how it related to his preparations for upcoming competition in Bolivia in November.

2. When asked how long the team/squad has been playing together the coach responded: that in 2018 he/they spent 9 months searching for players all across Venezuela and then in November called to camp players from that search effort. It's the translator's lack of understanding of how the cycles relate to team selection that causes her to insert her conclusion that the team has only been playing together for a month. She didn't fully appreciate how "the month" related to the modules (which she translated literally) and preparation.

Despite not showing to be a sports person she did a relatively good job. In fact, she did really well in her recall of a lot of detail because the coach spoke for extended periods in responding. However, she somewhat sensationalised the nuance of a month in her response. So the month thing also ended up overshadowing the fact that Venezuela has also been starved of playing quality opposition (other than academy and pro club teams) during the period November to present.

I now have a better appreciation of what went down. Also, she did a sound job of explaining his comments about match preparation, but should have sought clarity regarding the coach's distinction about each preparation cycle (first group, second group, third group ... first module, second module ,third module etc).

Basically VEN has a plan for how say 10 days of training are laid out ... even before the players set foot on Margarita. Structured day by day.

What's also not distilled in the interview (she wouldn't know) is that the coach has had several years in this age group at NT level (which makes gathering information about players and building a team a lot easier than starting from scratch). Uruguay, for instance, have also had a coach remain in tenure for multiple cycles. So the 9 months of searching also has to be placed in context of the process that occurred for the previous CONMEBOL U15 tournament that took place in Chile and how the coach built that squad and his network across Venezuela.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 04:31:08 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 22, 2019, 04:46:05 AM »
Having listened to Fevrier's comments after the conclusion of the Mexico match, I think he has a clear picture of the U15s and I think his comments were really thoughtful, reasonable and honest. Unlike his experience with the senior team, I think if his U15s had 21 matches and comprehensive international exposure from Thailand to UAE to Iran etc., I think we would be seeing a U15 with a notable product even better than the many positives that were on display during these three matches.

There is evident talent among the U15s and we must not be discouraged by the results because there are players in the mix with football futures. What needs to change is how youth football is organized within the country or we just need to take all our talent abroad and train them in another environment.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 22, 2019, 07:25:32 AM »

Facts are on video for everyone to see. Facts are not what you want to happen or you wish were true

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 22, 2019, 07:30:44 AM »
Having listened to Fevrier's comments after the conclusion of the Mexico match, I think he has a clear picture of the U15s and I think his comments were really thoughtful, reasonable and honest. Unlike his experience with the senior team, I think if his U15s had 21 matches and comprehensive international exposure from Thailand to UAE to Iran etc., I think we would be seeing a U15 with a notable product even better than the many positives that were on display during these three matches.

There is evident talent among the U15s and we must not be discouraged by the results because there are players in the mix with football futures. What needs to change is how youth football is organized within the country or we just need to take all our talent abroad and train them in another environment.

Cant help but wonder if deeper but subtle cultural undercurrents inform the way we structure development.

It's well established that nation-states exhibit differing and measurable attitudes with respect to cultural building blocks such as respect for authority, attitudes to risk, hierarchy, learning, decision-making etc. These attitudes in turn dictate the form and structures of institutions and how information is communicated within them.

Here's a crazy thought... what if our collective attitudes arc toward low tolerance for learning and risk, high deference to authority, and high preference for structure over flexibility, stability over growth. Could the cultural expression  these values manifest as soothing ourselves with relatively risk free, highly structured practice sessions and eschewing the higher risk, less stable, maelstrom of testing players in actual games? 

Case in point :T&T is known to score high in deference to authority. The game bent to the will of Jack Warner for decades. Now we bending over for DJW. It's not coincidence both these individuals be act like a one man show. I think they expect deference in accordance with our predilection to show it.

IMO, unless your compass is oriented true, you will be lost, no matter how sophisticated the vessel.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 22, 2019, 08:01:22 AM »

he needs to screen again . them boys been together since under 13  .. kids develop at different rates ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 22, 2019, 08:09:07 AM »
Zandolie, JW, DJW!!! We have to live with them. Right now is DJW. You have to deal with him. In a fractured society like ours, football at this juncture is not important. Life is!  In the Afro-TT community where 99% of the footballers originate, there is an unbelievable belief in self destruction. How these youths come out and participate, and in some cases produce international performances, is mind boggling. Then the lack resources from that sector of the society that has it,  and stand by the side (in many cases, quite rightly) is utterly painful. Imagine, Venezuela is in dire straits, There are Vens. coming to TT on boats to escape their version of hell. Yet their youths came and destroy our youths. Their "failed govt" found the resources for their sports program. Our govt is already straddled with the failed pro-league. Other sport organizations needs just as much attention. The money for the failed pro-league could have gone to these youths for longer preps. and competitive international friendlies.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 09:55:20 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 22, 2019, 12:32:00 PM »

This looks horrible. It's been in this condition for a long time. Is no one inclined to fix it?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:39:30 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 22, 2019, 12:38:15 PM »
WATCH Opening Statement made by Stuart Charles-Fevrier following the conclusion of the TTFA Youth International Invitational Tournament on July 21, 2019

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BZ_nQKrJKyE&amp;t=14s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BZ_nQKrJKyE&amp;t=14s</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 22, 2019, 12:53:09 PM »
TTFA Youth Invitational Tournament: The Numbers

(Country, matches played, matches won, matches tied, matches lost, goals for, goals against, goal differential, points)

Mexico 3-2-1-0-7-2-5-7

Panama 3-1-2-0-6-5-1-5

Venezuela 3-1-1-1-4-2-2-4

Trinidad and Tobago 3-0-0-3-5-13-(-8)-0

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 22, 2019, 12:56:30 PM »
WATCH Match Highlights - T&T vs Mexico U-15s

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FirRD0XO4Lg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FirRD0XO4Lg</a>

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 22, 2019, 01:22:04 PM »
Zandolie, JW, DJW!!! We have to live with them. Right now is DJW. You have to deal with him. In a fractured society like ours, football at this juncture is not important. Life is!  In the Afro-TT community where 99% of the footballers originate, there is an unbelievable belief in self destruction. How these youths come out and participate, and in some cases produce international performances, is mind boggling. Then the lack resources from that sector of the society that has it,  and stand by the side (in many cases, quite rightly) is utterly painful. Imagine, Venezuela is in dire straits, There are Vens. coming to TT on boats to escape their version of hell. Yet their youths came and destroy our youths. Their "failed govt" found the resources for their sports program. Our govt is already straddled with the failed pro-league. Other sport organizations needs just as much attention. The money for the failed pro-league could have gone to these youths for longer preps. and competitive international friendlies.
Like everything else in TTO, the approach to football is 'vai ki vai'.  :cursing:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 22, 2019, 03:14:14 PM »

This looks horrible. It's been in this condition for a long time. Is no one inclined to fix it?

Are you talking about the athletics track? If so, I agree!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 03:36:41 PM by Deeks »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 22, 2019, 07:37:05 PM »

Under utilized so it may be a matter of economics, but it should be replaced with a surface that is aesthetically pleasing.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 22, 2019, 08:03:29 PM »

Under utilized so it may be a matter of economics, but it should be replaced with a surface that is aesthetically pleasing.

Funny, It under utilized but in bad shape. Are there track clubs in central ? What is being done to locate talented athletes in central?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #384 on: July 23, 2019, 12:17:41 AM »
Mexico sink T&T 4-1.
T&T Newsday Reports.

TTFA Youth Invitational ends on losing note for hosts

T&T scored first but it was the same result on a different day as Mexico finished off the TT Football Association Youth Invitational Tournament with a 4-1 victory over the home team, at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Balmain, Couva, on Sunday.

The T&T Under-15 team faced their final test against Mexico,who beat Venezuela 2-0 on Wednesday and drew 1-1 with Panama on Friday, in the third and final day of the tournament.

It was actually T&T who would open the scoring early as Molik Khan scored for the second time this tournament after a deflection from a free kick.

He managed to get to the loose ball before Mexican ‘keeper José Tellez and knocked it in for the game’s opening goal in the sixth minute.

Mexico would respond shortly after in the 16th minute. After a corner, David Cedillo found André in acres of space on the right hand side.

He fired a cross to Jésus Moreno, who attempted a bicycle kick toward T&T’s goal. He didn’t make full contact, but it managed to find its way to Alejandro Alcalá for Mexico to draw level.

Both sides would have their opportunities but the first half ended with the scores level.

The second period was dominated by Mexico in terms of possessions and scoring opportunities and the deadlock was broken in the 75th minute.

Mexican substitute Raúl Chávez received a pass on the break into the right side of the penalty area and delivered a backheel pass to an incoming Javier Guerrero to give the Mexicans their second goal of the evening.

Chávez wasn’t done serving the table, however. Another counter attack saw the wide player dribble into the penalty area on the left side this time and put it on a platter for Miguel Carreón for Mexico’s third goal in the 86th minute.

Mexico’s final goal came with a bit of role reversal. This time it was Guerrero providing a penetrating pass to Chávez to slot it past Lazarus for their fourth and final goal of the tournament.

In the earlier game, Venezuela and Panama played to a scoreless draw after 90 minutes. Both teams finished the tournament with a win against T&T, a loss against Mexico and a draw.

After the match, T&T head coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier spoke to the media regarding their opponent Mexico and the tough test the T&T Under-15s were up against.

“I spoke to the Mexican manager. These guys (Mexican U15 players) play ten months of football, more than even our senior men locally. They are professionals. Their schedule is the same as the senior professionals. Their fixtures is the same as well. If the senior players playing in the evening or night, they play in the morning...Ten months is a lot, and that’s why these boys are so good at a young age...They play the game very mature for their age.”

Despite the result,Charles-Fevrier was still pleased with the team’s performance and their mentality against Mexico.

“I was very pleased that our players – for the first 75 minutes – were always in the game. We created chances in the game that we missed. We had a more professional mentality today in terms of the way we handled ourselves on the playing field – more serious, more professional.”

T&T’s Under-15 team will play a friendly against Venezuela today and this match will also be used as preparation for the Concacaf U15 Boys Tournament in the United States,which starts August 4.

(Team)

Trinidad and Tobago (4-1-4-1): 1.Kanye Lazarus (GK); 2.Christian Bailey, 4.Jaron Pascall, 6.Jaheim Marshall (captain), 3.Dawn St Rose; 13.Kassidy Davidson (16.Caleb Borneo 84); 10.Nathaniel James, 8.Molik Khan, 19.Isaiah Thompson (14.Jovonn Gomes 79), 17.Jaheim Faustin (15.Dantaye Gilbert 79); 9.Ja-Shawn Thomas (7.Abdul-Quddoos Hypolite 75).

Unused substitutes: 18.Triston Edwards (GK), 5.Tyrik Trotman, 12.Tristan Stafford,

Coach: Stuart Charles-Fevrier

TTFA Youth Invitational

Trinidad and Tobago 1 (Molik Khan 6), Mexico 4 (Alejandro Alcalá 16, Javier Guerrero 74, Miguel Carreón 85, Raul Chavez 88)

RELATED NEWS

Mexico tops TTFA Youth Invitational.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago completed their three-match campaign in the 2019 TTFA Youth Invitational with a 4-1 defeat to eventual tournament winners Mexico at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Sunday night.

T&T started brightly as the Stuart Charles-Fevrier coached team tried to make up some lost ground after opening losses to Panama and Venezuela. They would open the scoring in the 6th minute as  Molik Khan scored for the second time in the series pouncing on low ball which eluded the Mexican defense from a left sided free kick and he made no mistake hitting home from inside the penalty area.

Mexico would respond shortly after in the 16th minute. After a corner, David Cedillo found André in acres of space on the right hand side.

He fired a cross to Jésus Moreno, who attempted a bicycle kick toward TT’s goal. He didn’t make full contact, but it managed to find its way to Alejandro Alcalá for Mexico to draw level.

Jaheim Faustin went close with a shot that missed the upright in the 20th and Nathaniel James forced the Mexican custodian Jose Eulogio to save four minutes later.

Both sides would have their opportunities but the first half ended with the scores level.

T&T stayed in the match and should have done better with further scoring opportunities in the second half.  Three minutes in Ja-shwn Thomas sent his effort wide of the left post after being sent through to the dismay of the home fans.

But Mexico kept playing and Miguel Avalos saw his header crash off the upright on 51 minutes.

Mexican substitute Raúl Chávez then received a pass on the break into the right side of the penalty area and delivered a backheel pass to an incoming Javier Guerrero to give the Mexicans their second goal of the evening.

Chávez wasn’t done serving the table, however. Another counter attack saw the wide player dribble into the penalty area on the left side this time and put it on a platter for Miguel Carreón for Mexico’s third goal in the 86th minute as T&T faded.

Mexico’s final goal came with a bit of role reversal. This time it was Guerrero providing a penetrating pass to Chávez to slot it past Lazarus for their fourth and final goal of the tournament.

In the earlier game, Venezuela and Panama played to a scoreless draw after 90 minutes.

Post-Match Comments

Stuart Charles Fevrier

“To match Mexico for 70 minutes, I think is very, very good. The boys showed a lot of heart, a lot of fight.

“In Mexico, school is for education. If you don’t want to play for the school, it’s no problem. So that’s why most of them are attached to a club. They go to school and then after school they play for the club, so they are growing up as professionals. It’s a culture.”

When you watch the foot­ball tonight, for Un­der-15s I think the lev­el was high, the qual­i­ty was high. You could see those play­ers knew what they were do­ing, they know the game, and that is why I give the play­ers a lot of cred­it be­cause we matched them tac­ti­cal­ly and we matched them in men­tal­i­ty. But in the last 15 min­utes, you could see we got tired, and they were still go­ing.

“You could see they were still go­ing be­cause it is nor­mal for them be­cause it’s 10 months of foot­ball for them. They al­ready have a pro­fes­sion­al men­tal­i­ty, it’s in them. Our play­er still play­ing Col­lege foot­ball, they play­ing for this acad­e­my here, they play­ing for this club here, they play­ing for all dif­fer­ent clubs, they play­ing all about. These play­ers play for pro­fes­sion­al clubs, that’s their club, that’s the club that de­vel­op­ing them, when they reach adult­hood, if they can’t make it, an­oth­er pro club will take them.

Jaheim Marshall – T&T captain

“This tournament was really helpful to the team. As a team, we needed to know where we are and where we needed to be before we go to the [Concacaf] tournament.At this point, the most we can do is work toward the future, keep our heads up and keep pushing to get the result we want in the future.

Nathaniel James – T&T midfielder

“I knew we could’ve competed with them in these games. I think their professionalism was too much for us to handle in the closing stages  of the match. They were fitter than us, and more experienced. We really want to improve on our defending.

Juan Carlos Ortega – Mexico head coach

“We started losing the match, but we managed to overcome. It was a very good match for us. We respect T&T a lot. They were a good team and a good driver for us. We had to be very calm because sometimes when you’re not getting your way, you become desperate.

Match Highlights - T&T 1 vs Mexico 4 Under 15 Boys Youth Invitational

Charles-Fevrier wants more competition for U-15s.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

TT UNDER-15 men’s football team coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier is calling for more competition for his squad, as they turn their attention towards the Concacaf Under-15 Championship, which will take place at the IMG Centre, Bradenton, Florida, United States from August 4-12.

Charles-Fevrier was speaking during the post-game media conference, on Sunday night, after his team suffered a 4-1 licking by Mexico in the final round-robin match of the TTFA (TT Football Association) Youth Invitational Tournament.

The T&T team were beaten 5-4 by Panama at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva on Wednesday, followed by a 4-0 spanking by the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo on Friday and Sunday’s defeat at Couva.

According to Charles-Fevrier, “If you watched (Sunday’s) game, you’ll see you need quality to play that type of football. I’ll like to keep this programme going. If the Association wants somebody else, that’s not a problem. I hope I can stay with them.

“What we need now is to play more Central American and North American teams instead of Caribbean teams,” he said. “It’s not that we cannot play Caribbean teams, but I believe we need to focus a lot more on the Central American and North American teams. If we have to qualify for any major competition, these are the teams we have to beat.”

Charles-Fevrier, who is also the men’s team assistant coach and W Connection coach, acknowledged, “Everybody has their opinion but I’m a football man. I don’t want to fight with (anybody).

“We (can) sit down, have a conversation and see what’s best for T&T football. It’s difficult now to get any meaningful thing going with football in this country.”

However, both Charles-Fevrier and the TTFA have been criticised on Facebook, for the team’s results, particularly since the T&T squad have been together since 2017 while their three Central American opponents were fielding teams that were all assembled this year.

TTFA board member and outspoken critic Keith Look Loy wrote, “The marketing hook was ‘the future is now’. The public was sold an illusion about how good the (TTFA) Elite Programme was, how well the boys played in beating Intercol players.

“Two years have been spent to produce what we have witnessed,” he continued. “Our boys were beaten and outclassed by teams formed weeks ago.

“Attention must be paid to the selection of players into this programme, and to the selection of staff,” Look Loy noted.

“The excuses will flow. But the public has long made sense out of the nonsense and concluded on it.” Player agent Dion Sosa mentioned, “I have been saying for years, how can we say we want an elite programme when we don’t have the elite development coaches in the game, on the staff or administration.”

Sosa called for the inclusion of Jean Lillywhite, Anthony “Dada” Wickham, Anthony Sherwood and Michael Grayson on the national youth teams’ set-up.

And former World Cup referee Ramesh Ramdhan, directing his criticism towards Charles-Fevrier, wrote, “Having these kids for two years, you are just contented to develop them from constant defeats. Heaven help us.”

Poor football culture hampering the sport.

A ma­jor cul­tur­al dif­fer­ence in the sport of foot­ball has been the main spot of both­er for na­tion­al un­der-15 foot­ball coach Stu­art Charles-Fevri­er ahead of the com­ing CON­CA­CAF Cham­pi­onship next month.

Charles-Fevri­er lads fin­ished the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion Youth In­vi­ta­tion­al Tour­na­ment at the Ato Boldon Sta­di­um in Cou­va on Sun­day, with­out a vic­to­ry as the ju­nior So­ca War­riors were thrashed 4-1 by CON­CA­CAF gi­ants Mex­i­co at the Ato Boldon Sta­di­um in Cou­va.

The T&T boys, in on­ly their first out­ing to the pub­lic, took the lead from a well-tak­en goal by Mo­lik Khan in the 6th minute, and they had nu­mer­ous op­por­tu­ni­ties to at to their tal­ly, but chances went a-beg­ging. How­ev­er, the vis­i­tors equal­ized in the 16th and got three oth­er goals from Javier Bar­rera in the 75th, Miguel Carreon in the 86th and a 90th-minute item to seal the win and bring the cur­tains down on the tour­na­ment.

Af­ter­wards, Mex­i­co's Gael Gar­cia was named the best mid­field­er and Venezuela's Klins­mann Yes­dis Gomez was ad­judged the tour­na­ment's Most Valu­able Play­er (MVP). How­ev­er, Pana­ma stormed home with the li­on's share of the awards, cop­ping the best goal­keep­er prize- Vi­cente Oban­do, the best de­fend­er award- Omar Al­ba Bur­rowes and the Gold­en Boot tro­phy- Rey­mun­do Williams Arauz. 

Charles-Fevri­er told the me­dia in spite of the high lev­el dis­played in the tour­na­ment, his team was able to match their op­po­si­tion. "When you watch the foot­ball tonight, for Un­der-15s I think the lev­el was high, the qual­i­ty was high. You could see those play­ers knew what they were do­ing, they know the game, and that is why I give the play­ers a lot of cred­it be­cause we matched them tac­ti­cal­ly and we matched them in men­tal­i­ty. But in the last 15 min­utes, you could see we got tired, and they were still go­ing," Charles- Fevri­er said.

"You could see they were still go­ing be­cause it is nor­mal for them be­cause it's 10 months of foot­ball for them. They al­ready have a pro­fes­sion­al men­tal­i­ty, it's in them. Our play­er still play­ing Col­lege foot­ball, they play­ing for this acad­e­my here, they play­ing for this club here, they play­ing for all dif­fer­ent clubs, they play­ing all about. These play­ers play for pro­fes­sion­al clubs, that's their club, that's the club that de­vel­op­ing them, when they reach adult­hood, if they can't make it, an­oth­er pro club will take them," Fevri­er ex­plained.

He not­ed, I was told that in Mex­i­co, school is for ed­u­ca­tion and if you do not want to play foot­ball for the school is not a prob­lem, that is why most of them are at­tached to a club.

The T&T un­der-15s will spring in­to ac­tion again to­day in a prac­tice match with their Venezue­lan coun­ter­parts, from 4:30 pm at the Cou­va venue.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:36:09 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 23, 2019, 04:33:14 AM »

As a rule, the TTFA is great at "covering up". It didn't occur to then to cover this up? Maybe not their expertise.

If you're using this facility as a continual centerpiece of your activities (inclusive of international competition), one would think aesthetics would be a concern.

Ato, yuh should be shouting "not in my name!" :)

And while I'm on this ... signage is also a mockery. Look at that sign that welcomes you to the Dwight Yorke Stadium. Did no one look at it before it was erected? Dwight, tell them: "not in my name!"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 04:36:49 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 23, 2019, 04:50:03 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago (4-1-4-1): 1.Kanye Lazarus (GK); 2.Christian Bailey, 4.Jaron Pascall, 6.Jaheim Marshall (captain), 3.Dawn St Rose; 13.Kassidy Davidson (16.Caleb Borneo 84); 10.Nathaniel James, 8.Molik Khan, 19.Isaiah Thompson (14.Jovonn Gomes 79), 17.Jaheim Faustin (15.Dantaye Gilbert 79); 9.Ja-Shawn Thomas (7.Abdul-Quddoos Hypolite 75).

Unused substitutes: 18.Triston Edwards (GK), 5.Tyrik Trotman, 12.Tristan Stafford,

Coach: Stuart Charles-Fevrier

Josiah Wilson?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 23, 2019, 05:01:01 AM »
By the way, the Mexican U15s are not pros. They are learning to be pros. What is our learning destination?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 23, 2019, 12:44:13 PM »
“The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind, the ‘hurricane ‘ that is TT football adminis trey shun”

Best guess , the lottery that is junior college scholarships for those who can afford to lose a son/daughter to foreign. Better alternative than losing to a criminal event. For many other countries it has always been a matter of family survival , for us, it seems football might just be another event where we play. Jack of all trades, we don’t have time (maybe desire, maybe skepticism) to devote to mastering one

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 23, 2019, 02:20:58 PM »
Shit mentality, shit approach and that's why we consistently have shit results from youth to senior level. The condition of the track is just one result of the bigger problem. So tell me this, the stadiums do not have assigned workers to maintain the condition of the track on a regular basis? Do we wait until its in a poor condition to realise how bad  it is then spend even more money to fix it steupse

Where is the sporting media in T&T? They dont care to hold the authorities accountable? steupse a bunch of old banana republic heads in control

1]; } ?>