March 28, 2024, 04:39:42 AM

Author Topic: U-15 Men's Football Team Thread  (Read 95900 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-15 Men's Football Team Thread
« Reply #450 on: August 09, 2019, 02:21:23 PM »
CONCACAF has not posted the highlights of the Guatemala match. Please fix. Thanks!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 09, 2019, 02:23:38 PM »
I just want to Congratulate Mr. Stuart Charles-Fervier on such a stellar display of ineptitude may he be rewarded with the National Team.
And as he has told this team on numerous occasions he is ah bes coach. His 10 laps of running, his slow moving practices, he telling playing not to have breakfast before a gam only eat a little fruit has served him well.

Clarity for those who were asking about a nutritionist. :devil: And clarity about where to look for any runner thinking about training for a 5K. Deeks we set. Looks like one ah these players will be CARIFTA U17 ready. :P
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:27:42 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 09, 2019, 10:52:21 PM »
"T&T Coach Fevrier expressed his thoughts on the match to TTFA Media, “I am hoping that we could continue the work we have started, we obviously need a continuous strength and conditioning program for these boys and we also need to continue playing international games similar to the level we played today”

you had them youths for almost two years and you only now realize they need conditioning? most of these kids play like empty shells...no heart and no spine. the fact that they have no conditioning is 100% your fault. start picking players with a backbone

dais d whole ting it is clear dat dem boys was small for what, 13-15yrs olds hence my 1990 question......I remember when I enter school in 1990 we were fairly well built, then remember hittin form3 and d new form1s seemed, to us anyway, unusually small and was wondering where all dem 1st year chirren come from.........I use 1990 as a reference point, because to my mind form 1 to 3 children from then to this day seem unusually small....den again perception is hell of ting......d Godineau Bridge used to seem massive til ah see it from d outside.

for real they were nashy. noticed that during the costa rica game. the worst physical attribute imo was not size but the lazy and lethargic way they played. and i rarely throw blame at youth players. i watched guyana and haiti u-15s play like their lives depended on it, in sharp contrast to this lot. fevrier seems to be selecting and producing practice champs instead of game players. a size difference becomes exponentially worse when coupled with anemic, near comatose play.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 10, 2019, 03:01:19 AM »
"T&T Coach Fevrier expressed his thoughts on the match to TTFA Media, “I am hoping that we could continue the work we have started, we obviously need a continuous strength and conditioning program for these boys and we also need to continue playing international games similar to the level we played today”

you had them youths for almost two years and you only now realize they need conditioning? most of these kids play like empty shells...no heart and no spine. the fact that they have no conditioning is 100% your fault. start picking players with a backbone

dais d whole ting it is clear dat dem boys was small for what, 13-15yrs olds hence my 1990 question......I remember when I enter school in 1990 we were fairly well built, then remember hittin form3 and d new form1s seemed, to us anyway, unusually small and was wondering where all dem 1st year chirren come from.........I use 1990 as a reference point, because to my mind form 1 to 3 children from then to this day seem unusually small....den again perception is hell of ting......d Godineau Bridge used to seem massive til ah see it from d outside.

for real they were nashy. noticed that during the costa rica game. the worst physical attribute imo was not size but the lazy and lethargic way they played. and i rarely throw blame at youth players. i watched guyana and haiti u-15s play like their lives depended on it, in sharp contrast to this lot. fevrier seems to be selecting and producing practice champs instead of game players. a size difference becomes exponentially worse when coupled with anemic, near comatose play.

:applause: :thumbsup:
I pity the fool....

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 12, 2019, 08:00:00 AM »
Ok so i did the analysis during this tournament

When certain players on the pitch

Scored 3
Conceded 4

When certain players on the bench

Scored 0
Conceded 7

Somebody do the maths for me
It seems to suggest that the coach did not utilize the most effective combination of players or does not know the best combination or even with the best combination the desired results will not be achieved. What was the outcome of your maths?
Against Costa Rica
we collect 3 busy busy in the first half....changes made and no more goals conceded.

Against Barbados
we scored one and conceded one....even though the quality of the opposition was lower

Against Portugal
we held them first half...but we conceded 2 goals in the last 5 minutes. Personally i cannot be too upset with that as they were the eventual winners of the competition. And i dare say that we could have been in front in this game but for great goalkeeping.

Against Guatemala
We leading 2-0.....then we make changes and concede 4 goals.......WTF

We conceded goals in bunches in the first and last games......Check and see who was on the field and who was on the bench when all the goals were being conceded.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #455 on: August 25, 2019, 05:01:00 PM »
Charles-Fevrier must continue as U-15 coach.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Dear Ed­i­tor

I read with be­muse­ment the cho­rus of op­po­si­tion against Na­tion­al Un­der-15 Foot­ball coach, Stu­art Charles-Fevri­er fol­low­ing the team's los­ing per­for­mances in the re­cent­ly con­clud­ed CON­CA­CAF Cham­pi­onship cam­paign ear­li­er this month in Flori­da, USA and the TTFA Un­der-15 Youth In­vi­ta­tion­al In­ter­na­tion­al Tour­na­ment held here in Ju­ly.

Among those most scathing in their crit­i­cism were for­mer Mal­ick Se­nior Sec­ondary Coach and cur­rent Board Di­rec­tor of the TTFA, Kei­th Look Loy and for­mer Tech­ni­cal Di­rec­tor of the TTFA An­ton Corneal, both of whom laid the blame for the team's los­ing per­for­mances square­ly on coach Charles-Fevri­er's shoul­ders.

Look Loy saw it as “weak­ness­es in coach­ing, a lack of team struc­ture, low-in­ten­si­ty play and poor de­fend­ing”, while Corneal sug­gest­ed that Charles-Fevri­er did not have the re­quired ex­pe­ri­ence and was op­er­at­ing by guess and fur­ther that one can­not play 'tri­al and er­ror with the na­tion's chil­dren'.

While the per­for­mances of the team were ad­mit­ted­ly dis­ap­point­ing, it is worth not­ing that the coach's long term am­bi­tions re­main this coun­try's qual­i­fi­ca­tion for 2021 Un­der-17 World Cup.

The pur­pose of these de­vel­op­ment tour­na­ments is among oth­er things, to al­low coach­es to ex­per­i­ment lib­er­al­ly with their play­ers and to al­low each play­er suf­fi­cient play­ing time to be bet­ter able to mea­sure their re­spec­tive ap­ti­tudes and weak­ness­es. While win­ning is im­por­tant, it is not at this stage a pri­or­i­ty in the con­text of the team's long term am­bi­tions of qual­i­fy­ing for the Un­der- 17 World Cup in over two years.

The sprint­er prepar­ing for the Olympics does not try to win every race that he runs in the buildup but rather his ob­jec­tive is to peak at the right time. Bat­tles are in­evitably lost on the way to win­ning the war.

Those who claim that coach Charles-Fevri­er lacks the req­ui­site ex­pe­ri­ence will do well to re­mem­ber that as Trinidad and To­ba­go's se­nior na­tion­al foot­ball team coach in 2003, he led the So­ca War­riors on a three-week tour of Kenya, Botswana and South Africa where they won, drew and lost re­spec­tive­ly to those coun­tries' na­tion­al se­nior teams.

The last game against South Africa saw the So­ca War­riors un­done by a con­tro­ver­sial penal­ty award­ed by a South African ref­er­ee when the score was 1-1, thus en­abling the Bafana Bafana to emerge vic­to­ri­ous 2-1.

Coach Charles-Fevri­er al­so served as Tech­ni­cal Di­rec­tor of the Na­tion­al se­nior team with Ja­mal Shab­baz as na­tion­al coach.

He at­tend­ed and com­plet­ed coach­ing cours­es with both the Eng­lish and the Brazil­ian Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tions. His suc­cess with W Con­nec­tion is leg­endary be­ing named Coach of the Year on many oc­ca­sions and win­ning nu­mer­ous FA Tro­phy Ti­tles, Pres­i­dent's Cups, Na­tion­al League Cham­pi­onships and the FCB Cup ti­tle.

Those who are loud­est in their crit­i­cism fear that coach Charles-Fevri­er's am­bi­tion to lead this coun­try to a World Cup fi­nal may even­tu­al­ly be re­alised with a team that is tal­ent­ed and gift­ed and he would have suc­ceed­ed where they have failed.

They have there­fore pounced on the team's loss­es as the jus­ti­fi­ca­tion to war­rant Charles-Fevri­er's sack­ing but this is noth­ing more than a cloaked de­sire to crush the coach's yet un­hatched am­bi­tions in the egg. Those who are loud­est in their con­dem­na­tion of the coach are fear­ful that he will suc­ceed where they have failed.

This in­se­cu­ri­ty lies in the fact that Charles-Fevri­er is St. Lu­cian born. Iron­i­cal­ly, he lived most of his life here in T&T af­ter he mi­grat­ed as a teenag­er and per­fect­ed his craft as a res­olute de­fend­er in our lo­cal leagues.

He reached his pin­na­cle as a play­er by play­ing for this coun­try's first pro­fes­sion­al crack out­fit ASL that boast­ed play­ers of the cal­i­bre of Ron La For­est, Leroy Spann, Bri­an Williams, Sam­my Llewellyn, among oth­ers.

For­mer na­tion­al star strik­er La For­est, a for­mer team­mate of coach Charles-Fevri­er at ASL and an ex­pe­ri­enced coach at present, was the most in­tel­lec­tu­al­ly hon­est and mea­sured in his com­ments. He urged pa­tience where oth­ers sought the coach's ter­mi­na­tion.

La For­est said it best, “Let the coach do his thing. He is a very ex­pe­ri­enced man and it is not a quick fix. Give him more time and you will see a dif­fer­ence.”

A prop­er di­etary regime along with a qual­i­fied psy­chol­o­gist is a sine qua non for a holis­tic de­vel­op­ment of these young men who are prod­ucts of a so­ci­ety rid­dled with drugs, crime and all man­ner of so­cial­ly dis­rup­tive ills and who there­fore re­quire our col­lec­tive pro­tec­tion, men­tor­ing and guid­ance as we pre­pare for the 2021 World Cup qual­i­fiers which will soon be up­on us.

Coach Charles-Fevri­er re­mains my lo­cal choice to get us there.

Pe­ter A.C. Tay­lor
At­tor­ney at Law
For­mer Min­is­ter of Le­gal Af­fairs

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 25, 2019, 06:28:50 PM »
This is going to be fun.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 25, 2019, 07:35:53 PM »
Charles-Fevrier must continue as U-15 coach.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Dear Ed­i­tor

I read with be­muse­ment the cho­rus of op­po­si­tion against Na­tion­al Un­der-15 Foot­ball coach, Stu­art Charles-Fevri­er fol­low­ing the team's los­ing per­for­mances in the re­cent­ly con­clud­ed CON­CA­CAF Cham­pi­onship cam­paign ear­li­er this month in Flori­da, USA and the TTFA Un­der-15 Youth In­vi­ta­tion­al In­ter­na­tion­al Tour­na­ment held here in Ju­ly.

Among those most scathing in their crit­i­cism were for­mer Mal­ick Se­nior Sec­ondary Coach and cur­rent Board Di­rec­tor of the TTFA, Kei­th Look Loy and for­mer Tech­ni­cal Di­rec­tor of the TTFA An­ton Corneal, both of whom laid the blame for the team's los­ing per­for­mances square­ly on coach Charles-Fevri­er's shoul­ders.

Look Loy saw it as “weak­ness­es in coach­ing, a lack of team struc­ture, low-in­ten­si­ty play and poor de­fend­ing”, while Corneal sug­gest­ed that Charles-Fevri­er did not have the re­quired ex­pe­ri­ence and was op­er­at­ing by guess and fur­ther that one can­not play 'tri­al and er­ror with the na­tion's chil­dren'.

While the per­for­mances of the team were ad­mit­ted­ly dis­ap­point­ing, it is worth not­ing that the coach's long term am­bi­tions re­main this coun­try's qual­i­fi­ca­tion for 2021 Un­der-17 World Cup.

The pur­pose of these de­vel­op­ment tour­na­ments is among oth­er things, to al­low coach­es to ex­per­i­ment lib­er­al­ly with their play­ers and to al­low each play­er suf­fi­cient play­ing time to be bet­ter able to mea­sure their re­spec­tive ap­ti­tudes and weak­ness­es. While win­ning is im­por­tant, it is not at this stage a pri­or­i­ty in the con­text of the team's long term am­bi­tions of qual­i­fy­ing for the Un­der- 17 World Cup in over two years.

The sprint­er prepar­ing for the Olympics does not try to win every race that he runs in the buildup but rather his ob­jec­tive is to peak at the right time. Bat­tles are in­evitably lost on the way to win­ning the war.

Those who claim that coach Charles-Fevri­er lacks the req­ui­site ex­pe­ri­ence will do well to re­mem­ber that as Trinidad and To­ba­go's se­nior na­tion­al foot­ball team coach in 2003, he led the So­ca War­riors on a three-week tour of Kenya, Botswana and South Africa where they won, drew and lost re­spec­tive­ly to those coun­tries' na­tion­al se­nior teams.

The last game against South Africa saw the So­ca War­riors un­done by a con­tro­ver­sial penal­ty award­ed by a South African ref­er­ee when the score was 1-1, thus en­abling the Bafana Bafana to emerge vic­to­ri­ous 2-1.

Coach Charles-Fevri­er al­so served as Tech­ni­cal Di­rec­tor of the Na­tion­al se­nior team with Ja­mal Shab­baz as na­tion­al coach.

He at­tend­ed and com­plet­ed coach­ing cours­es with both the Eng­lish and the Brazil­ian Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tions. His suc­cess with W Con­nec­tion is leg­endary be­ing named Coach of the Year on many oc­ca­sions and win­ning nu­mer­ous FA Tro­phy Ti­tles, Pres­i­dent's Cups, Na­tion­al League Cham­pi­onships and the FCB Cup ti­tle.

Those who are loud­est in their crit­i­cism fear that coach Charles-Fevri­er's am­bi­tion to lead this coun­try to a World Cup fi­nal may even­tu­al­ly be re­alised with a team that is tal­ent­ed and gift­ed and he would have suc­ceed­ed where they have failed.

They have there­fore pounced on the team's loss­es as the jus­ti­fi­ca­tion to war­rant Charles-Fevri­er's sack­ing but this is noth­ing more than a cloaked de­sire to crush the coach's yet un­hatched am­bi­tions in the egg. Those who are loud­est in their con­dem­na­tion of the coach are fear­ful that he will suc­ceed where they have failed.

This in­se­cu­ri­ty lies in the fact that Charles-Fevri­er is St. Lu­cian born. Iron­i­cal­ly, he lived most of his life here in T&T af­ter he mi­grat­ed as a teenag­er and per­fect­ed his craft as a res­olute de­fend­er in our lo­cal leagues.

He reached his pin­na­cle as a play­er by play­ing for this coun­try's first pro­fes­sion­al crack out­fit ASL that boast­ed play­ers of the cal­i­bre of Ron La For­est, Leroy Spann, Bri­an Williams, Sam­my Llewellyn, among oth­ers.

For­mer na­tion­al star strik­er La For­est, a for­mer team­mate of coach Charles-Fevri­er at ASL and an ex­pe­ri­enced coach at present, was the most in­tel­lec­tu­al­ly hon­est and mea­sured in his com­ments. He urged pa­tience where oth­ers sought the coach's ter­mi­na­tion.

La For­est said it best, “Let the coach do his thing. He is a very ex­pe­ri­enced man and it is not a quick fix. Give him more time and you will see a dif­fer­ence.”

A prop­er di­etary regime along with a qual­i­fied psy­chol­o­gist is a sine qua non for a holis­tic de­vel­op­ment of these young men who are prod­ucts of a so­ci­ety rid­dled with drugs, crime and all man­ner of so­cial­ly dis­rup­tive ills and who there­fore re­quire our col­lec­tive pro­tec­tion, men­tor­ing and guid­ance as we pre­pare for the 2021 World Cup qual­i­fiers which will soon be up­on us.

Coach Charles-Fevri­er re­mains my lo­cal choice to get us there.

Pe­ter A.C. Tay­lor
At­tor­ney at Law
For­mer Min­is­ter of Le­gal Af­fairs

:rotfl: ;D :rotfl: ;D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #458 on: September 16, 2019, 12:20:51 AM »
‘Charles-Fevrier must discontinue as U-15 coach’
T&T Guardian Reports.

At­tor­ney Pe­ter Tay­lor threw his un­equiv­o­cal sup­port for Un­der-15 coach Stu­art Charles-Fevri­er, “to re­main as his lo­cal choice to get us there.”

His pre­sen­ta­tion was made in the wake of a se­ries of sub­par per­for­mances in re­cent­ly con­test­ed “de­vel­op­men­tal tour­na­ments” both on lo­cal soil and in Flori­da. There was a siz­able bud­get used over this re­cent two-year project.

Be­fore I share my thoughts, I must do two things. First, I must thank Mr Tay­lor for his ser­vice to the na­tion in his pre­vi­ous min­is­te­r­i­al ca­pac­i­ty. Sec­ond, I share that I have known “Stu­ar­tie” for just shy of 40 years. I played along­side “Stu­ar­tie” for the na­tion’s first pro­fes­sion­al team, ASL Unit­ed, in 1980 along­side many famed foot­ballers as with my Es­sex team­mate, Noel “Sam­my” Llewe­lyn and ri­val-friend Ron La For­est.

Stu­ar­tie is a gen­tle­man and nev­er boast­ful or hos­tile. He was a stal­wart de­fend­er and the con­sum­mate team­mate. His num­bers as head coach of W-Con­nec­tion are leg­endary.

All that said, the call by two lead­ing foot­ball per­son­al­i­ties, Mr Kei­th Look Loy and Mr An­ton Corneal, to ter­mi­nate Charles as head coach of the U-15 team is not with­out good rea­son.

Look Loy saw it as “weak­ness­es in coach­ing, a lack of team struc­ture, low-in­ten­si­ty play and poor de­fend­ing.” Corneal sug­gest­ed that Charles did not have the re­quired ex­pe­ri­ence and was op­er­at­ing by guess. In con­trast, La For­est urged, “Let the coach do his thing. He is ex­pe­ri­enced and needs more and you will see a dif­fer­ence.”

Dur­ing the space of ap­prox­i­mate­ly six weeks, the U-15 team lost three games on lo­cal soil and lat­er, three while ty­ing one to low­ly-ranked Bar­ba­dos in Flori­da. T&T was shut out twice, scored eight times, and con­ced­ed 24 goals. Mr Tay­lor, how­ev­er, in­sist­ed that, “while the per­for­mances were ad­mit­ted­ly dis­ap­point­ing, it is worth not­ing that:

1. The coach’s long term am­bi­tions re­main this coun­try’s qual­i­fi­ca­tion for 2021 Un­der-17 World Cup.

2. The pur­pose of these de­vel­op­ment tour­na­ments is for ex­per­i­ment­ing and learn­ing more of each play­er.

3. And, while win­ning is im­por­tant, it is for qual­i­fy­ing for the 2021 U-17 World Cup.

Tay­lor went fur­ther to speak of Charles-Fevri­er’s stel­lar coach­ing and play­ing his­to­ry and felt that these must sure­ly stand for some­thing.

Clear­ly, Tay­lor took aim at Look Loy and Corneal, say­ing, “Those who are loud­est in their con­dem­na­tion of the coach are fear­ful that he will suc­ceed where they have failed.”

Tay­lor’s state­ment was in­cor­rect! One of these did lead the charge to a Youth World Cup - the 17th, U-20 tour­na­ment in Egypt.

My Per­son­al Views

I have a few thoughts of my own and they re­late to a very con­cern­ing area of my life. It is about foot­ball and sports, but most im­por­tant­ly, be­cause it speaks to the youth of our na­tion and their in­creas­ing­ly dif­fi­cult climb of life’s new moun­tains. As coach­es-lead­ers, our re­spon­si­bil­i­ty should al­ways be to equip our youth to suc­cess­ful­ly deal with chal­lenges that lie ahead and around the cor­ner. Sports, and in this case foot­ball, do help sharp­en the lens­es and guide our fo­cus on the things that are im­por­tant and ur­gent.

Our aim for our youth is to en­sure suc­cess in all of their en­deav­ours. But when they are not suc­cess­ful, as with these two re­cent tour­na­ments, they must be taught to val­ue the lessons with the aim of help­ing them for­ti­fy their re­solve and em­bold­en their spir­it to do bet­ter next time. The at­ti­tude of “nev­er be­ing down and out but, al­ways, up and about” must be en­grained in their hearts and their every cell, red, white and black! As for me, I hate los­ing more than I love win­ning and this sets the tone for every one of my un­der­tak­ings. From this mind­set, I was able to phrase what a true cham­pi­on was - one that gets up when lame, shares the fame and al­ways takes the blame. Are our young men down and out, es­pe­cial­ly af­ter this re­cent and siz­able dis­ap­point­ment? Are they able to get up from their lame po­si­tion? Who is tak­ing the blame?

I am of the clear-cut re­solve that we must raise our youth to be hind-sight learn­ers. This helps them be­come bet­ter fore­sight thinkers and do­ers, with a readi­ness to deal with and con­quer fu­ture ob­sta­cles. “Youth is wast­ed on the young” is a well-known cliché. This im­plies that they are young but not yet with the “wis­dom.” We know that the younger a per­son is the more they do not know what they don’t know - the two-sto­ry ig­no­rance syn­drome! We, on the oth­er hand, know too that a new cliché can be cre­at­ed about us - “Wis­dom is wast­ed on the aged” if we do noth­ing.

We are their trust­ed lead­ers and must pro­vide the guid­ance, love, com­pas­sion and “mus­cle” to as­sist them, to proud­ly and humbly rep­re­sent any suc­cess, but al­so to show them to pos­sess grace in de­feat and re­solve in get­ting up when lame.

“Coach” and stu­dent-ath­lete can have a tremen­dous­ly pro­duc­tive part­ner­ship and the fu­ture, brighter and full of more and re­al hope. We shall nev­er cease see­ing that “coach­es” are the archer and stu­dent-ath­letes, the ar­row, and where we aim, they shall go. Our job is to cor­rect and cau­tion and en­cour­age and em­pow­er. As Khalil Gibran ex­horts, “The teacher who is in­deed wise does not bid you to en­ter the house of his wis­dom, but rather, leads you to the thresh­old of your mind.”

I be­lieve that coach Charles is less suit­ed to coach the young and in­ex­pe­ri­enced and there­fore, more un­like­ly to be able to take them to the thresh­old of their minds. It is here I be­lieve that the dots weren’t able to con­nect for him dur­ing those two very com­pet­i­tive sets of games. Not every good “par­ent” can or likes chang­ing “di­a­pers” and the “mess” that comes with it! We have those who are ex­cel­lent ped­a­gogues, geared to nur­ture the young. And then there is the an­dr­a­gogue, those who deal with the adult, where the learn­er has a greater sense of re­spon­si­bil­i­ty, self-di­rect­ed­ness and able to work with learn­ing con­tracts that are cre­at­ed by the coach­ing and adult-play­ing par­ties.

So, Mr Tay­lor, be­cause of what I just shared, I say that I be­lieve that Charles-Fevri­er is best when coach­ing adults. Not every­one can han­dle the ex­pe­ri­enced, “two-sto­ry ig­no­rant” learn­er.

I wish to al­so share an­oth­er pres­sure that Stu­ar­tie may have had and it comes from his boss be­ing the boss of both of his over­sights, the U-15 and the W-Con­nec­tion teams. To David John-Williams, I re­it­er­ate that not every­one can fa­ther an adopt­ed child, the T&TFA, and give it the same at­ten­tion and love as with his very own W-Con­nec­tion.

A fi­nal thought and pos­si­bly what can be a re­sound­ing­ly com­pound­ing prob­lem for any of T&T’s coach­es, is that all of its foot­ball is de­crepit and filled with dis­as­trous per­for­mances and re­sults. This is true at all lev­els and with both gen­ders. And so, as the plague in­vades and metas­ta­sizes, through­out all of T&T’s foot­ball, hope goes with it. And with the death of hope, our bruised and trau­ma­tised youth re­turns to the street cor­ner life and thence, the rest falls in­to foot­ball-lov­ing Gary Grif­fith’s do­main.

Pe­ter Tay­lor, you say, Charles-Fevri­er con­tin­u­ing as U-15 coach re­mains your “lo­cal choice to get us there.”

I, Dr Han­ni­bal Na­j­jar, says Charles-Fevri­er must DIS­CON­TIN­UE as U-15 coach.

Dr Han­ni­bal Na­j­jar

For­mer T&TFA Tech­ni­cal Di­rec­tor and Head Coach

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 06, 2019, 09:30:25 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/u2rZ9SSZvsE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/u2rZ9SSZvsE</a>

Election Election TTFA scouting all the time butt hey had the same under 15  team together for 2 years with no additions and  this U15 manager seem to be campaigning for DJW on the HOme of football
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 09:43:41 AM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
U-15 Captain, stroke??
« Reply #460 on: January 13, 2020, 02:06:40 PM »
I heard through the grapevine today that Captain of the Nat. U15 team had a stroke on the weekend.

No idea of this is true. Yet to see the Press make a report.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-15 Captain, stroke??
« Reply #461 on: January 13, 2020, 02:14:22 PM »
Not sure of the prognosis, but Wired868 has a brief piece I read a few minutes ago. I wish the young player well. Don't rush back.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #462 on: January 19, 2020, 08:32:23 PM »
Health scare for T&T U-15 captain Jaheim Marshall, family asks for prayers.
By Wired868.com.

Trinidad and Tobago Boys National Under-15 Team captain and midfielder Jaheim ‘Jah Jah’ Marshall is recovering at Mt Hope General Hospital, after fainting on Sunday during the pre-match warm-up before a QPCC Cup Tournament fixture.

Marshall, according to sources, also experienced mobility issues. However, a statement from his family today said he has no more than a headache at present and all results thus far were normal.

“Good morning all, Jah Jah (Jaheim) is still at My Hope undergoing tests and observation,” read a statement from Marshall’s family, which was shared in the social media group of his club team, Trendsetter Hawks. “However, all the results thus far came back normal and he got up and walked this morning. His head is still hurting him though but he is stable.

“Please continue to keep him your prayers and thanks.”

Marshall was allegedly due to represent Fahrenheit at the QPCC competition, which is a team stuffed with National Under-15 players from a variety of clubs.

Marshall came to national prominence last year at the helm of the then TTFA’s ‘elite’ Under-15 Team. He scored once in their opening Youth Invitational affair at the Ato Boldon Stadium on 17 July 2019, although they lost 5-4 to Panama.

A steely, versatile, box to box midfielder, ‘Jah Jah’ is considered one of the country’s top youth prospects and a driven, focused young man.

He is also a form four student at Trinity College (Moka) and represented the school in the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division last year. Trinity were relegated at the end of the season.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 20, 2020, 03:32:51 AM »
Wow, Blessings! God Speed.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 24, 2020, 07:43:13 PM »
So, he's all good, now?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 10, 2020, 07:53:47 AM »
WATCH: Manager of the Boy's National U-15 Team, Dexter Demas, talks about his role, his beliefs, his hopes and what drives him on the job.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BRk6MN9LXhw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BRk6MN9LXhw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 13, 2022, 06:31:14 PM »
No CFU under 14
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 03, 2023, 05:00:02 PM »
Curaçao and Dominican Republic named hosts for 2023 Concacaf Boys’ U-15 Championship
Published on 12 May 2023

Competition will take place in Willemstad and Santo Domingo between August 6-13
Miami, FL – Concacaf has announced that Curaçao and the Dominican Republic will host the 2023 Concacaf Boys’ U-15 Championship. The fourth edition of the competition will take place between August 6-13, 2023, and will include the participation of 42 boys’ u-15 teams, 40 from Concacaf, and two guest nations from the Asian Football Confederation. 

The competition will continue to be played in a three-League format (A, B, and C), starting with group stage play and followed by a knockout stage. 

The 42 participating teams have been distributed into the Leagues based on the Concacaf Men’s Under-17 Ranking as of February 2023, as follows (listed in alphabetical order per League): 

League A: 16 teams (14 highest ranked and two guest nations): Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Trinidad and Tobago, and United States. 

League B: 16 teams (next highest ranked teams): Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bonaire, Cayman Islands, Curaçao, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Martinique, Nicaragua, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, and Suriname.

League C 10 teams (lowest ranked teams): Anguilla, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, French Guiana, Montserrat, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Turks & Caicos Islands, and US Virgin Islands.

All League A matches will take place in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, while Willemstad, Curaçao, will play host to Leagues B and C. 

Further details regarding the competition format will be announced in the coming weeks. 

In the last edition of the Concacaf Boys’ U-15 Championship took place in 2019 at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida. The 2021 edition of the competition was canceled due to the COVID-19 global pandemic.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 12, 2023, 03:35:11 PM »
Any details of the training squad?
Assume they've trimmed the squad at this stage

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 20, 2023, 06:40:13 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vUuGo0vOauk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vUuGo0vOauk</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 20, 2023, 09:12:07 PM »
Cooper appointed U15 coach for Concacaf tournament
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

Experienced youth coach Shawn Cooper has been appointed head coach of the national boys U15 team for the upcoming 2023 Concacaf Boys U15 Championship in Dominican Republic.

Cooper’s appointment is for the duration of the tournament which runs from August 6-23.

A T&T Football Association (TTFA) statement said on Thursday that Cooper joins coach and former national player Densill Theobald at the helm. Theobald has been assisting in overseeing the TTFA’s High Performance U-15 boys programme since May 2022.

Theobald will accompany Cooper at the upcoming Championship as assistant coach.

T&T is grouped alongside Costa Rica, Honduras and Puerto Rico. Those matches will be played at the Felix Sanchez Stadium. T&T faces Honduras on August 6, Costa Rica Rica on August 7 and close off the group stage against Puerto Rico on August 8.

After the tournament, Cooper will continue to serve as one of the coaches within the TTFA High Performance programme for the remainder of 2023, with the intention of bridging both the U15 and U17 Programmes.

Cooper is also national U17 coach. He continues in this role for the next Concacaf Championship qualification cycle. Under his oversight, selected players from the current U15 programme will graduate to the U17 national programme in January 2024.

The head of TTFA’s High Performance boys’ is the association’s technical director Anton Corneal with Yohance Marshall and Gilbert Bateau serving as assistant coaches.

After the U15 tourney, Theobald, Marshall and Bateau will continue their duties as U13 and U15 coaches in the programme.

Speaking to TTFA media, Cooper said he’s working with 33 players from Trinidad, seven from Tobago and is expected to welcome five US-based players.

He said it’s been “difficult” so far, but will be using the Concacaf U15 tourney as a developmental one, to see which players how players react to regional competition.

“It has been a very difficult period now joining the programme about three weeks. Some of the guys I’m now getting familiar with some of them. Tweaking a bit in certain positions that some of them play. We have some boys now, this afternoon, coming in here from the US, so we can take a look at them and see if they are up to it to represent TT.”

Cooper said the tournament is going to be a “task” since it would be a lot of the boys’ first international game.

“From this, we will see how much of the guys are really up to it. It’s just about getting them familiar to play at this high level, a different technical aspect and football education is very important. This augurs well for them going into the Concacaf U17 tournament.

“We have some pretty ok technical players. What we need to do though is get them up to speed with the international game, their conditioning and all-around awareness of the game.”

He added that far too long, young players are only looking for plays when they received the ball and not before they receive it, and Cooper wants to change that.

“Their body shape opening up, a lot of technical issues, fine details. It's a developmental programme and we will try to iron out some of these things and not put too much pressure on them in terms of winning, but executing what the coach asks of them.

Cooper wants a nice blend of players to see what he can get out of them in this short period leading up to the tournament.

“I know they have been working for over a year with Theobald. But going into an international tournament it’s a bit different; the speed of play, the speed of thought, everything is different.

“All I am asking of them is to see how we could get a game model in play and see how they execute.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 21, 2023, 05:05:58 PM »
TT U15 playing jamaica U15 in a closed door friendly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 24, 2023, 05:24:57 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/32RXLZRgWt4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/32RXLZRgWt4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #473 on: July 25, 2023, 01:21:50 AM »
U-15 Soca Warriors draw 1-1 vs Jamaica
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

THE T&T Under-15 boys football team drew 1-1 against Jamaica in a practice match at Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella on Sunday.

Both teams used the 80-minute match as preparation for the Concacaf Boys Under-15 Championships next month in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Owen Jumpp opened the scoring in the 38th minute before T&T found the equaliser in the 60th minute through Akeil Vesprey.

T&T coach Shawn Cooper, speaking to TTFA media, said, “A very interesting game. I think our boys showed some heart coming down in the dregs of the game. The last 15, 20 minutes they really took the game to the Jamaicans.”

Cooper was satisfied with his team’s defence.

“I think our defensive organisation was pretty much spot on…what we wanted to do is keep shape.”

Looking at the team’s strength, Cooper said, “We are very solid at the back and we have some pace on the wing and upfront. I think we still need to be a little more solid in the middle of the field. In saying so we had two starters out today – the captain Seth Hadeed and Percy Foncette – both of them are normally starters on the team.”

Cooper commended their replacements saying they did “a pretty good job.”

Jamaica coach Andrew Peart said, “I think it was a good game from our team…the field was a little bit harder than what we are used to so that kind of impacted how efficient we could have managed to keep the ball and create some scoring opportunities, but overall I thought it was a good game.”

T&T and Jamaica will face off in a second warm-up match on Tuesday at Manny Ramjohn Stadium.

WATCH T&T Under-15 Footballers Draw In Warm-Up Match Against Jamaica

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 01:30:13 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #474 on: July 26, 2023, 01:21:31 AM »
Under-15 Soca Warriors draw 1-1 again.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

THE Trinidad and Tobago Under-15 boys football team played to another 1-1 draw against Jamaica in a practice match at Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella on Tuesday.

Riquelme Phillips opened the scoring for T&T in the 11th minute and the young Soca Warriors seemed to be hanging on for the 1-0 win in the 80-minute match. However, with time running out Deshawn Byfield levelled the contest in the 74th minute.

The teams played to a 1-1 draw in the first practice match on Sunday at the same venue.

T&T and Jamaica used the two practice matches as preparation for the Concacaf Boys Under-15 Championships next month in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 07, 2023, 08:21:03 AM »
game was free on Concacf Go website last night (as for all the tournament). I think we ended up losing 2-1 to Honduras. The boys played the ball on the ground pretty well, but were not good defending and executing corners or handling (defending against) or delivering crosses. Didn't seem like any adjustments in formation are on the cards, so I assume will be just level licks for the rest of the tournament(?). #5, #10 and #11 were notable in attack / control [names were not on jerseys, so a squad list would be nice].

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 07, 2023, 11:18:38 AM »
game was free on Concacf Go website last night (as for all the tournament). I think we ended up losing 2-1 to Honduras. The boys played the ball on the ground pretty well, but were not good defending and executing corners or handling (defending against) or delivering crosses. Didn't seem like any adjustments in formation are on the cards, so I assume will be just level licks for the rest of the tournament(?). #5, #10 and #11 were notable in attack / control [names were not on jerseys, so a squad list would be nice].

Post the link you used.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 07, 2023, 12:39:37 PM »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 07, 2023, 01:46:05 PM »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 07, 2023, 05:11:26 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago U-15 coach rues missed chances in loss to Honduras
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

THE Trinidad and Tobago Under-15 football team lost their opening match to Honduras 2-1 at the 2023 Concacaf Boys Under-15 Championships at the Felix Sanchez Olympic Stadium in Dominican Republic on Sunday.

Osmel Medina gave Honduras the lead in the 35th minute with a header, before Michael Chavez doubled his team's advantage with a 49th minute strike.

Jeremiah Daniel pulled a goal back in stoppage time via the penalty spot in the 70-minute contest, but time ran out as the Central Americans held on for victory.

T&T were scheduled to play Costa Rica after press time on Monday night.

After the match, T&T head coach Shawn Cooper said, "I think tonight we showed that we could compete and go toe-to-toe with these Central American teams who are ranked above us."

Cooper said his team must be more clinical in front of goal. "It was lesson for the boys where at international football you have to take your chances. They left the stadium tonight very disappointed because they knew this was a game that they could have won. They created a number of one-on-one opportunities in the first half. We could have won the game in the first half, but in international football if you miss your chances you could pay dearly in the end."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kXZCT-HIkpE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kXZCT-HIkpE</a>
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 07:03:41 PM by Tallman »

1]; } ?>