March 28, 2024, 05:26:05 AM

Author Topic: if nash win MVP  (Read 6497 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
if nash win MVP
« on: April 18, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »
he will be joining some legends to have won mvp 3 times in a row.bird,wilt and russell.in my opinion is ah toss up between he and dirk.screw it ah goin on ah hunch,dirk gettin it this year.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: if nash win MVP
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 05:55:39 AM »
Though I'd like to see the Canadian win it again..I going with Dirk as well.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 03:02:46 PM »
MVP should be the most dominant player on the most dominant team.....Nash had another great season but Dirk thoroughly deserve the award.

My top 5 in order is Dirk, Steve,Duncan,Kobe,Lebron.

Guys who deserve special mention: TMac, Yao, Chris Bosh, Wade.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 03:07:54 PM by real madness »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 03:18:44 PM »
MVP should be the most dominant player on the most dominant team.....Nash had another great season but Dirk thoroughly deserve the award.

My top 5 in order is Dirk, Steve,Duncan,Kobe,Lebron.

Guys who deserve special mention: TMac, Yao, Chris Bosh, Wade.

I always wondered where the idea come from to give the MVP to a player on the best team came from.  to be honest, it seems very arbitrary. 
many other factors go into having a good team: coaching staff, front office and supporting cast also have to do their jobs very well.  if you going to give an award to an individual player it should be based on criteria that individual players have control over.  just my opinion.

anyhow, nash have no place winning the award this year, dirk is a better player and dirk's team better.  I can't see what metric Nash could surpass Dirk in.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 10:54:40 AM »
For me...the league MVP is one or all of Kobe, Wade or Lebron

Their teams would be fightin for lottery balls were these guys not there.  Shaq WAS a powerhouse.  He CANNOT bring it for 82 games a season anymore.  He CAN do it in playoff basketball.  Lakers and Cleveland without Kobe & Lebron come like life without oxygen. 

Nowitzki, Nash, T Mac, Duncan etc all have superior supportin casts.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 12:16:35 PM »
the MVP is a popularity contest for the most part.  People change up the alleged criteria for the award from time to time to justify the most popular candidate.

they couldn't give it to jordan every year, so they give it to karl malone as soon as the jazz had a regular season record close to the bulls.  the t-wolves had one better than average season and KG get one.

if you had to pick a starting 5 to play for your life, most fans would take Kobe with the first pick.  the only man nearly as valuable is Lebron like you say.  sometimes it seems as if the cavs offence consist of 4 men standing around ready to take the open shot just in case the man guarding them decide to go double-team lebron.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 01:53:30 PM »
kobe really impress me this season. but is a team game in the end.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 01:59:09 PM »
kobe good,but ah doh like that boy fuh nothin.i doh want him win no championship,any mvp, not even division title far less ah conference title.all he could get is scoring title because he is ah ballhog.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 02:10:37 PM »

yeah, so the best team will win the championship.  but if yuh going to give an extra award (because that's exactly what it is, something that has no effect on which teams win/lose) to an individual player why not give it to the best player who also happens to be the most valuable to his team.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »
kobe does not deserve mvp.in the 3 years that greedy prick has had the team shaqless,he has done nothing.1st year no playoff appearance,2nd year eliminated in de first rd.this year same result as last year.lakers have struggled to get to de playoffs on both occasions.he is not a team leader nor is he a motivator.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 05:31:46 PM »
kobe does not deserve mvp.in the 3 years that greedy prick has had the team shaqless,he has done nothing.1st year no playoff appearance,2nd year eliminated in de first rd.this year same result as last year.lakers have struggled to get to de playoffs on both occasions.he is not a team leader nor is he a motivator.

Kobe come like Lara sah.  He have no supportin cast, therefore, as brilliant as he is, he cyah do it by heself.  But he could be de most valuable jes fuh takin a team of no hopers to de playoffs.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 05:39:13 PM »

Kobe come like Lara sah.  He have no supportin cast, therefore, as brilliant as he is, he cyah do it by heself.  But he could be de most valuable jes fuh takin a team of no hopers to de playoffs.
gettin to de big dance is one ting but is wuh yuh do when yuh in it.kobe has no mvp quality in my book.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 10:32:14 PM »

gettin to de big dance is one ting but is wuh yuh do when yuh in it.kobe has no mvp quality in my book.

Lemmeh drop it a nex way fuh yuh.

Put Nowitzki or Nash on de Lakers nah.  See if dem make de playoffs.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 08:38:28 AM »

why not? Dirk is the hardest player to guard in the NBA - when teams play against him they hadda revolve their defense round he. he make terry and howard and harris into stars so he could make odom and farmar and walton into stars too.
Nash take a team of nobodys (except for Amare) and making them look like all-stars.. he would probably do the same with laker players

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 11:11:25 AM »

men like nash and dirk are motivators,b4 nash came along suns was no way in playoff contention,look where they end up with de 2nd best record in de nba this year and last year if i not mistaken in de top 4,so wuh yuh sayin palos,kobe is ah scorer that is all,pure ball hog.and it is not doin anyting for de team.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 12:45:08 PM »
even phil jackson said rcently for that lakers to win kobe needs to shoot less, pass the ball and make his teammates better...kobe had an incredible scoring season but thats about it..even his defensive game (usually very good) was not up 2 par

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 02:02:20 PM »

men like nash and dirk are motivators,b4 nash came along suns was no way in playoff contention,look where they end up with de 2nd best record in de nba this year and last year if i not mistaken in de top 4,so wuh yuh sayin palos,kobe is ah scorer that is all,pure ball hog.and it is not doin anyting for de team.

before nash come along the composition of the suns team as a whole was completely different.  stoudemire was just coming out of high school and men like barbosa, raja bell, boris diaw, kurt thomas and almost everybody else was playing for different teams.

if you believe that nowitzki and nash superior motivational skills is the reason that stackhouse and barbosa are better players than smush parker and jordan farmar then we just have to agree to disagree.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 02:03:41 PM »
even phil jackson said rcently for that lakers to win kobe needs to shoot less, pass the ball and make his teammates better...kobe had an incredible scoring season but thats about it..even his defensive game (usually very good) was not up 2 par

you mind if I ask for reference?  because recently I see phil jackson saying that he had to ask kobe to take up more of the scoring once odom went down with his shoulder injury.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 03:12:26 PM »

you mind if I ask for reference?  because recently I see phil jackson saying that he had to ask kobe to take up more of the scoring once odom went down with his shoulder injury.

i saw an interview a few days ago on espn where they were asking phil about their chance sof beating the suns and doing well in the playoffs....this is not ah dissertation so i didnt provide an actual refernce when i made my earlier comment, didnt know i had to.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 03:59:28 PM »
you doh have to do anything.

I was just curious about the possibility of reading it for myself as seems somewhat contradictory to what I see on msg in the recent past.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 09:57:37 AM »
Nash take a team of nobodys (except for Amare) and making them look like all-stars.. he would probably do the same with laker players

Shawn Marion is a nobody?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 12:51:56 AM »
So if the criteria is how you do in the playoffs for MVP then if Dirk get bounced out same round as Kobe then what?

This ball hog label Kobe has is unfair, very unfair of late.  If I can score 100, and every time I pass is a clank and I running back hard to defend, I would fricking shoot more, too but yet he does pass and try to get them involved.

Also, he has been asked to score more on a team of clear non scorers - they ent hungry they want to pass and watch.  Who go score? Smush Parker? Kwame Brown? Odom? Not on a nightly basis! 

Kobe has to be iin the top 3 for MVP votes this year, and the votes will show that.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 01:17:26 AM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 10:31:06 PM »

Marion is a very versatile player much like Lamar Odom from the Lakers - Nash was the difference in taking Marion to the next level. I bet he make Odom look just as good or better if he played with him

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 11:27:02 PM »
without even bringing Kobe and Dirk into the conversation, I will say this: Jason Kidd is better than Steve Nash.  the only thing is kidd have only richard jefferson and vince carter (when he decides that he wants to play) and nash have a much deeper squad.  then just look at the defensive aspect of the game.  no contest.

numbers don't necessarily tell the whole story, but I feel people really need to go and look up what kinda numbers Marion has been putting up for his entire career even before Nash came to phoenix.  steve nash definitely ent make shawn marion.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 06:56:53 AM »

Marion is a very versatile player much like Lamar Odom from the Lakers - Nash was the difference in taking Marion to the next level. I bet he make Odom look just as good or better if he played with him

Shawn Marion was a several time NBA All Star BEFORE Steve Nash came to the Phoenix Suns.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 07:09:59 AM »
without even bringing Kobe and Dirk into the conversation, I will say this: Jason Kidd is better than Steve Nash.  the only thing is kidd have only richard jefferson and vince carter (when he decides that he wants to play) and nash have a much deeper squad.  then just look at the defensive aspect of the game.  no contest.

numbers don't necessarily tell the whole story, but I feel people really need to go and look up what kinda numbers Marion has been putting up for his entire career even before Nash came to phoenix.  steve nash definitely ent make shawn marion.
daryn, kidd is in no way shape or form comparable to nash.kidd have nothing on nash.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 08:51:15 AM »

daryn, kidd is in no way shape or form comparable to nash.kidd have nothing on nash.

i will say that kidd is a much better defender than Nash..if i have 2 choose between Kidd in his prime and Nash right now that will be a tough choice..

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 01:04:29 PM »

Shawn Marion was a several time NBA All Star BEFORE Steve Nash came to the Phoenix Suns.
i think Marion was only all-star 2003 before nash came if i not mistaken. also when nash came his shooting percentage went from aroun .375ish to .48 ish - thats a huge leap. you know what that means? he got a lot more open looks and got a lot of easy points because of Nash. I was wrong as excluding Marion as a nobody but if you ask me if on a team with kobe he would have that same level of performance I'd say no way.

btw. nash with 23 assists yesterday? ridiculous

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »

you joking right? you can't remember kidd in his prime? nash probably have a little on him in terms of being able to dish and a slightly cleaner shooter but kidd is a very good defender and a super rebounder - he was a triple-double threat every night in his prime

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »
nash is very good.  but look at his supporting cast. marion, amare, diaw, barbosa, jones, kurt thomas.  all these men are good bball players, it even have 2 all-stars among them.  but then again, they only making all-star teams because they playing with Nash.  Don't mind the fact that Marion was an all-star before he got there and Stoudemire was rookie of the year and clearly going to be a star in any case. 

How many other teams have a player like Jalen Rose and he not even part of their rotation.  He does be lucky to even see garbage time.  Dirk is the only major mvp candidate with comparable support.  the pistons and bulls also have comparable ensembles, with golden state not far behind.

just as he makes them better they make him better.  you think it's not easier to lead the break when you have amare and marion pulling all them boards?  or to have every single one of your teammates be a viable offensive option?

right now, they looking very good, playing against what is probably the weakest team in the western conference field, but I waiting to see how his defence holds up in a tough series against a good team.

1]; } ?>