March 28, 2024, 04:09:36 AM

Author Topic: Its between Ganga and Sarwan for WI captaincy  (Read 7099 times)

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Its between Ganga and Sarwan for WI captaincy
« on: April 19, 2007, 05:28:06 AM »
We probably already knew this, but it seems that Clive Lloyd has confirmed that the WICB are looking at either Ganga or Sarwan for the captaincy, with Sarwan the favorite.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Its between Ganga and Sarwan for WI captaincy
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 10:24:01 AM »
imagine the 2 options are one man who not in the squad and ah next man who shouldnt be in the squad...selectors not doing their jobs..players not doing theirs as well..windies cricket in ah serious mess...like i said early last year..i going to focus on supporting the volleyball team...TI buff mih for dat and say i not die hard but supporting players who dont care is a waste of my time...i have better things to do..i.e. watch paint dry, watch grass grow, listen to politicians in trinidad talk plenty and do little, etc.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »
i think Ganga will get the nod....

God is de BOSS...

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 01:57:01 PM »
i think Ganga will get the nod....

God is de BOSS...

I hope so...but another Trini leading the team?..what are the odds on that?

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 03:51:36 PM »
honestly nothing would make me happier than seeing ganga get captaincy. that being said sarwan is just such a talented batsman as we saw today that he needs some inspiration to go on and make huge runs - maybe captaincy will have that effect on him - give him that drive. so i will not scream and shout if sarwan get it - i just hope that whoever gets it gets a fair opportunity to captain for an extended period of time and not be on the chopping block from the beginning

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 04:44:04 PM »

I want to see Ganga lead the team. I believe he is a leader and he has experience captaining Trinidad team for some years now, he is an intelligent young man and he have a good crixket brain and nobody can be more technically correct than him that said I believe he does make runs when he knows he have to lead from the front as captain, you know play a skipper's knock not everyone can do that. I am a West Indian and I love Lara, he will always be one of the world's greatest batsman, but he never really perform well under captaincy matter of fact when he was not captain he made more runs than when given the helm. Anyway Sarwan a good candidate as well but I believe Ganga have a captaincy edge on him , but Sarwan have a player's edge on Ganga in my opinion.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 06:44:55 PM »
Sarwan will be the captain, Ganga vice-captain.

Depending on how the team prepares, then performs, their
will be a decision as to whether to elevate Ganga, or keep Sarwan.

Lara the dictator has suffered the same demise as he inflicted on
Hoop and Walsh, with the exception he retired before the Board
could drop him from the team to go to England.

Lara was a great talent, but an incredibly selfish individual. The
Windies Board allowed him too much leeway, he ran with it, and as
a result, we are in the worst stretch of results in our cricketing
history.
As for Lara as the captain, 10 wins out of 47 tests as captain, a staggering
21% winning percentage.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 08:19:12 PM »
Jefferz, like yuh retire too? Where yuh? you know both ganga and sarwan - what is your preference boss?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 08:32:48 PM »
Sarwan getting it. This side done in shambles already...you expect them to pick a captain who previously couldnt make the side to lead? You know how difficult that will be on ganga? If he on the team...yeh...well....his superior abilities as a captain would have counted...but....not right now.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 08:37:19 PM »
The captincy of thst team is a poison chalice. I pray that Ganga eh get the captincy. The man eh a fixture in the team yet because as a Trini he has to play better to keep his place. Let the man concentrate on his batting and let Sarwan captin these bunch of jokers
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 08:43:43 PM »
The captincy of thst team is a poison chalice. I pray that Ganga eh get the captincy. The man eh a fixture in the team yet because as a Trini he has to play better to keep his place. Let the man concentrate on his batting and let Sarwan captin these bunch of jokers
:applause: :applause: :applause:
sarwan will look like an idiot not matter what he do. cause the team will play tata. i hope i am wrong....god how i hoep i am wrong. but i know i wont be  :(
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 07:11:20 AM »
the problem if Ganga becomes captain is that the current players and the rest of caricom commentators will undermine him. I feel dem fellaz would do shit just to spite the man. I honestly feel that he would perform better as captain.

The best bet is to fire all a dem and pick a new young side put ganga as captain give them a good fitness trainer and protect them from the bad habits that will be passed down by the "star boys" . After all what is the worst that could happen? we go lost? - bad?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »
the problem if Ganga becomes captain is that the current players and the rest of caricom commentators will undermine him. I feel dem fellaz would do shit just to spite the man. I honestly feel that he would perform better as captain.

The best bet is to fire all a dem and pick a new young side put ganga as captain give them a good fitness trainer and protect them from the bad habits that will be passed down by the "star boys" . After all what is the worst that could happen? we go lost? - bad?
sammy it seems they ahve a problems with trinis on the whole bro. it will be really ahrd now for other trinidadians to break into the team. as soon as one not performing his place will be in jeopardy.
Sarwan will have almost no power. if lara for example couldnt get the team he wanted what joy would poor sarwan have?
bravo and ramdin better perform...
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 07:59:02 AM »
hmmm... dont be surprised if they come and make chris gayle Captain or vice captain.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 08:10:36 AM »
I ent watching West Indies cricket for a long time unless they appoint the right selectors, captain and board... not to mention players who deserve to be on the team..

All the talk about Ganga performing he was the leading run scorer in Tests for the calendar year.. So what the hell allyuh talking about, Sarwan hasnt performed for over a year and a half, so befor eallyuh talk allyuh shit, know that stats first.. Ganga more than deserves to be captain and he has cemented his place...

God is de BOSS...

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 11:11:37 AM »
Ganga for sure.

TI yuh know yuh only bluffin. Yuh cyah NOT watch WI cricket, even though iz like watchin a train wreck sometimes.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 07:12:45 PM »
Listen none ah dem eh no good.

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 07:54:21 PM »
Ganga has proven himself to be a leader by leading T&T to regional titles these last few years...but if Ganga becomes Captain..do you think he will have the respect and support of the other senior players (Sarwan, Gayle, or even Samuels)....and it looks like the WICB will choose Sarwan as the next leader, and Gayle as his deputy....maybe Gayle will show up for practice now.. :rotfl:
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 08:07:04 PM »
TI

For a realllllllllll longggggggggg time. I myself will be watching with interest because the glory days are to return. As for Ganga all yuh Trinis really eh like each other. Anybody wishing that lot on Ganga eh like the man.

If I doubt TRinis eh like Trinis just read the post from the man who agree with Holding and them that Lara run Walsh. Forget that Walsh write a book and a mention it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »
TI

For a realllllllllll longggggggggg time. I myself will be watching with interest because the glory days are to return. As for Ganga all yuh Trinis really eh like each other. Anybody wishing that lot on Ganga eh like the man.

If I doubt TRinis eh like Trinis just read the post from the man who agree with Holding and them that Lara run Walsh. Forget that Walsh write a book and a mention it.

Lara didnt run nobody... thats bullshit, Lara have a good insight for the game, people dont realize that, come like the selectors who listen to the head groundsman in sabina park who say the pitch is good for pace and next ting you know india spin we ass out of the game when Lara was asking for mohammed, set of idiots really, Lara have more sense than them, it does kill them to follow and listen to him, thats the problem.. humbling ones self and listening, that is the problem...

God is de BOSS...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 07:06:46 PM »
i still say best go with ganga yes..

give sarwan the captaincy and his batting will suffer just like Chanderpaul and everybody else who take the captaincy..

So who go score runs for we?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 09:52:50 PM »
I'd like to see Sarwan at the helm ...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 07:14:52 AM »
I'd like to see Sarwan at the helm ...

what is your rationale behind that statement?

God is de BOSS...

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 02:52:06 PM »
I feel that Ganga should refuse if he is offered the position. Let them do without a trini to beat up on...se if they do better. All the bad mind on the team is against trinis- let sarwan take some pressure- or better yet let gayle get thunder from the players and see if he could handle it better than lara. I am so vex at those 2 guys - I would like to get them banned from ebtering our airspace- take away their caricom visa and all...I just vexed
 >:( >:(

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 03:27:30 PM »
I feel that Ganga should refuse if he is offered the position. Let them do without a trini to beat up on...se if they do better. All the bad mind on the team is against trinis- let sarwan take some pressure- or better yet let gayle get thunder from the players and see if he could handle it better than lara. I am so vex at those 2 guys - I would like to get them banned from ebtering our airspace- take away their caricom visa and all...I just vexed

More victim complex.

I am especially shocked as Jamaica per capita has the least influence among the top 4 nations in the Windies setup. If its a 3 test tour, we dont even get a test. How many Jakans in this squad? Poor Hinds out in the cold too.

All this anti-Gayle talk and his batting got us to the final of the ICC a few short months ago. Sure, he is off form now, but why the rush to crucify?

We all need to calm down and hope they can sort out the mess. It seems too many cooks spoiling the borth. The WCup squad seemed loopy to me, but so did some of the actual team selection for the matches. Simmonds picked as a Batsman over Ganga or Hinds??? Lawson not there...potentially our greatest bowler? No spinner picked?

There is more than enough blame to stick to the captain, players, selectors, and the Board.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 04:27:51 PM »

More victim complex.

I am especially shocked as Jamaica per capita has the least influence among the top 4 nations in the Windies setup. If its a 3 test tour, we dont even get a test. How many Jakans in this squad? Poor Hinds out in the cold too.

All this anti-Gayle talk and his batting got us to the final of the ICC a few short months ago. Sure, he is off form now, but why the rush to crucify?

We all need to calm down and hope they can sort out the mess. It seems too many cooks spoiling the borth. The WCup squad seemed loopy to me, but so did some of the actual team selection for the matches. Simmonds picked as a Batsman over Ganga or Hinds??? Lawson not there...potentially our greatest bowler? No spinner picked?

There is more than enough blame to stick to the captain, players, selectors, and the Board.
alot of what u said is true.
however in reading your posts u seem to give lara accolades to pacify or reduce the amoutn of flack u will get witht he rest of your posts. everyone knwo lara is falwed and had problems as captian. but he isnt th eonly one. the last 5-6 captians all had extreme problems witht he team.
his problem as captian was excecebated because the team began doing teribly and he was till amking runs.
he has always been a scape goat.
witht hat said he is still in my view the greatest batsman of the last couple generations and one of the greatest ever.
chris gayle is someoen who can play only one way. and dais sad. yes he lpayed well in the champions tipgy but so what this is WC. steups eh... and is de manner in which he got out i thinking irking alot of please.

as soon as he gets older and his hand eye coordination is no more...he willf ade outta west indian cricket unless he learns to use his feet

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 10:11:17 PM »
Ganga go accept if they offer. I feel that is the plan with the meeting on sunday. If they agree to Ganga it shows that the problem of indiscipline will finally be addressed.

The other problem is that the WI team eh good they eh up to standard. Gayle foot in cement, Fidel cyah last a seies, Sarwan luv to hook., Collins is suppose to be we swing bowler but 4 yrs ago on debut Bravo swing the ball more than he and get more wickets.

So while they might be a discipline lot under Ganga they still go be getting they tail beat. So it might go 5 days instead of 3 but licks is licks and that more than any reason I say spare Ganga the stress.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 06:39:45 AM »

More victim complex.

:rotfl: u have to be joking when u mention Hinds right....I rather have Gayle than Wavel hinds
--------------
Yeah Gayle batting got us to the ICC final.....but did we win? (how much he make in the final - i cyah remember) What about all the other times he fail? We need an opener who we can count on......when does only voop - is a big big chance u taking with him. I feel if the man get shake up with a drop he might get more serious and do better. Right now.....he and others feel dey is  star boys.
How u does feel when u taking a sweat and trying real hard and get the ball and pass it  to a fella who trying to beats and look good and loss the ball easy and eh even trying to win it back? Wont that bring u down allong with the rest of players?

I see u ask how much Jakans on this squad, but thats the problem......y must it have any? I mean pick the best side. If no trinis eh good....then doh pick them and the same goes for Guyana, barbados etc.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 06:43:12 AM by sammy »
(Muslim)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 02:06:36 PM »

More victim complex.

:rotfl: u have to be joking when u mention Hinds right....I rather have Gayle than Wavel hinds
--------------
Yeah Gayle batting got us to the ICC final.....but did we win? (how much he make in the final - i cyah remember) What about all the other times he fail? We need an opener who we can count on......when does only voop - is a big big chance u taking with him. I feel if the man get shake up with a drop he might get more serious and do better. Right now.....he and others feel dey is star boys.
How u does feel when u taking a sweat and trying real hard and get the ball and pass it to a fella who trying to beats and look good and loss the ball easy and eh even trying to win it back? Wont that bring u down allong with the rest of players?

I see u ask how much Jakans on this squad, but thats the problem......y must it have any? I mean pick the best side. If no trinis eh good....then doh pick them and the same goes for Guyana, barbados etc.

sammy breds, willi has a point doh, hinds is the best captain in jamaica... but hasnt been in form of late, wavell could open but not with gayle, or he can bat down in the middle order very well..

God is de BOSS..

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 03:53:57 PM »

More victim complex.

alot of what u said is true.
however in reading your posts u seem to give lara accolades to pacify or reduce the amoutn of flack u will get witht he rest of your posts. everyone knwo lara is falwed and had problems as captian. but he isnt th eonly one. the last 5-6 captians all had extreme problems witht he team.
his problem as captian was excecebated because the team began doing teribly and he was till amking runs.
he has always been a scape goat.
witht hat said he is still in my view the greatest batsman of the last couple generations and one of the greatest ever.
chris gayle is someoen who can play only one way. and dais sad. yes he lpayed well in the champions tipgy but so what this is WC. steups eh... and is de manner in which he got out i thinking irking alot of please.

as soon as he gets older and his hand eye coordination is no more...he willf ade outta west indian cricket unless he learns to use his feet

Gayle problem is Gayle's alone. When he done, he done....I wont even shed a tear. Gayle is no Lara.

You think I am palliating with Lara???? Man, yuh think I am blind? Lara is Lara. Many years of shedding tears when his genius saved us. Any time I see him, I go shake his hand, flaws and all. I also would like to see him get his wish for 1 more test.

However, it is necessary to provide some balance as the whining here IS unbalaanced. People here saying they dont want Ganga to get the captaincy now, as he is a Trini and the whole world out to get him. Come on People...Puhleeeze. I know there are cliques behind the scene, but at the end of the day most people want the best for Windies cricket.

1]; } ?>