April 19, 2024, 01:51:23 AM

Author Topic: Its between Ganga and Sarwan for WI captaincy  (Read 7179 times)

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Its between Ganga and Sarwan for WI captaincy
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »

More victim complex.

I am especially shocked as Jamaica per capita has the least influence among the top 4 nations in the Windies setup. If its a 3 test tour, we dont even get a test. How many Jakans in this squad? Poor Hinds out in the cold too.

All this anti-Gayle talk and his batting got us to the final of the ICC a few short months ago. Sure, he is off form now, but why the rush to crucify?

We all need to calm down and hope they can sort out the mess. It seems too many cooks spoiling the borth. The WCup squad seemed loopy to me, but so did some of the actual team selection for the matches. Simmonds picked as a Batsman over Ganga or Hinds??? Lawson not there...potentially our greatest bowler? No spinner picked?

There is more than enough blame to stick to the captain, players, selectors, and the Board.

:rotfl: u have to be joking when u mention Hinds right....I rather have Gayle than Wavel hinds
--------------
Yeah Gayle batting got us to the ICC final.....but did we win? (how much he make in the final - i cyah remember) What about all the other times he fail? We need an opener who we can count on......when does only voop - is a big big chance u taking with him. I feel if the man get shake up with a drop he might get more serious and do better. Right now.....he and others feel dey is  star boys.
How u does feel when u taking a sweat and trying real hard and get the ball and pass it  to a fella who trying to beats and look good and loss the ball easy and eh even trying to win it back? Wont that bring u down allong with the rest of players?

I see u ask how much Jakans on this squad, but thats the problem......y must it have any? I mean pick the best side. If no trinis eh good....then doh pick them and the same goes for Guyana, barbados etc.

Now yuh forming the fool.

If Gayle got us in the finals and beat Aussie in the prelims, what you have to complain about??

Gayle is a half of the second best openiing partnership Windies ever had...even with his flaws. I think he will do better when we have better management. Dropping do mean a thing in this set up. I agree these younger players act too diva-ish though. Lara could get away with it back in the day due to his unique talent. They aint no Lara! However in Lloyd's day, no one could form the fool, no matter how good they were. I dont give any of them a free pass. Slippery slope.

Hinds not a better pick than Pollard?

I mentioned the number of Jakans in the team to show that we have less and I hear far less bitching from Jakans. I can tell you that from my vantage point, Jakans are the least insular in cricket traditionally. In my household growing up, people wanted the best team picked...even if there were no Jakans as a consequence. Things may have changed a bit since then, but I doubt it has too much.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 04:11:11 PM »

More victim complex.

I am especially shocked as Jamaica per capita has the least influence among the top 4 nations in the Windies setup. If its a 3 test tour, we dont even get a test. How many Jakans in this squad? Poor Hinds out in the cold too.

All this anti-Gayle talk and his batting got us to the final of the ICC a few short months ago. Sure, he is off form now, but why the rush to crucify?

We all need to calm down and hope they can sort out the mess. It seems too many cooks spoiling the borth. The WCup squad seemed loopy to me, but so did some of the actual team selection for the matches. Simmonds picked as a Batsman over Ganga or Hinds??? Lawson not there...potentially our greatest bowler? No spinner picked?

There is more than enough blame to stick to the captain, players, selectors, and the Board.

:rotfl: u have to be joking when u mention Hinds right....I rather have Gayle than Wavel hinds
--------------
Yeah Gayle batting got us to the ICC final.....but did we win? (how much he make in the final - i cyah remember) What about all the other times he fail? We need an opener who we can count on......when does only voop - is a big big chance u taking with him. I feel if the man get shake up with a drop he might get more serious and do better. Right now.....he and others feel dey is star boys.
How u does feel when u taking a sweat and trying real hard and get the ball and pass it to a fella who trying to beats and look good and loss the ball easy and eh even trying to win it back? Wont that bring u down allong with the rest of players?

I see u ask how much Jakans on this squad, but thats the problem......y must it have any? I mean pick the best side. If no trinis eh good....then doh pick them and the same goes for Guyana, barbados etc.

sammy breds, willi has a point doh, hinds is the best captain in jamaica... but hasnt been in form of late, wavell could open but not with gayle, or he can bat down in the middle order very well..

God is de BOSS..

TI,

Here is my take. They picked a screwed up squad and Lara vex...especially as the team fell apart in the supa 8 and so picked some effed up starting 11s.

In the first round they all really tried. The vibes were good in Jamaica and all was well. Then the shegged up schedule of staight days of cricket killed all our hopes and old woulds reopened. How the hell we win the group and run straight into Australia???

I really wanted a win so that Lara could retire in style in his swansong, but the squad selectors weakened us and Dehring and his schedulers stuck the knife in for the killer blow. We were self-sabotaged.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 05:15:41 PM »

If Gayle got us in the finals and beat Aussie in the prelims, what you have to complain about??

Hinds not a better pick than Pollard?

So wait, Gayle get us into the final.....then what? what before that?what after that?  Just cause he get we there we owe him to be on the team no matter how badly he playing? Dosent it matter how negative or "doh care" he seems? That kinda of attitude will seiously affect team spirit.
If the fella get he act together and take the game seriously then i go gladlysupport him.....but until then...fire for he and every one else who think they too Big to try.
Bredder, if them fellas used to get a lil drop now and then, they would not be big headed so. Look how saraman get dropped recently and all of a sudden he get back form...same thing with chandrapaul some time ago.

AS for pollard, he should not have been there simply because he had no prior experience . You're right, Hinds woulda be a better pick in that case but Ganga wouldve been a better pick also or maybe someone else with some experience.
All i want if for them fellas to do better or at least try harder.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 05:20:45 PM »

In the first round they all really tried. The vibes were good in Jamaica and all was well. Then the shegged up schedule of staight days of cricket killed all our hopes and old woulds reopened. How the hell we win the group and run straight into Australia???

True
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 05:27:41 PM »
OK

So  the new criteria for selecting the new captain is:

1. Leadership
2. peformance
3. commitment
4. general attitude
5. standards of health and Fitness

Saraman getting the nod for the job, but some are still opposing it...but does he fit the criteria listed above?

Anyhow, i wonder what was the old criteria for selecting the captain?
(Muslim)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »

More victim complex.

--------------
Yeah Gayle batting got us to the ICC final.....but did we win? (how much he make in the final - i cyah remember) What about all the other times he fail? We need an opener who we can count on......when does only voop - is a big big chance u taking with him. I feel if the man get shake up with a drop he might get more serious and do better. Right now.....he and others feel dey is star boys.
How u does feel when u taking a sweat and trying real hard and get the ball and pass it to a fella who trying to beats and look good and loss the ball easy and eh even trying to win it back? Wont that bring u down allong with the rest of players?

sammy breds, willi has a point doh, hinds is the best captain in jamaica... but hasnt been in form of late, wavell could open but not with gayle, or he can bat down in the middle order very well..

God is de BOSS..

TI,

Here is my take. They picked a screwed up squad and Lara vex...especially as the team fell apart in the supa 8 and so picked some effed up starting 11s.

I really wanted a win so that Lara could retire in style in his swansong, but the squad selectors weakened us and Dehring and his schedulers stuck the knife in for the killer blow. We were self-sabotaged.

good point breddah, i was in sabina park to see them play pakistan, ja was sweet, de vibe sweet, everything, renaissance played my tune more than rupee and rudder tune on the day  ;D

Back 2 de issue, yuh make a BOSS point breddah, when me and my father worked out the schedule, we saw that when west indies won their group, we were suppose to face the 2nd place team, so happens they faced us with australia bc india and pakistan bowed out and nobody was coming 2 de games, real bullshit, we were suppose to play the 2nd place team, in south africa or england i believe..

The sabotaged the west indies team, juss like you said.. dehring and his bullshit.. it was set up family... they didnt even explain the reason for the change in the schedule.

God is de BOSS...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 09:25:06 PM »
OK

So the new criteria for selecting the new captain is:

1. Leadership
2. peformance
3. commitment
4. general attitude
5. standards of health and Fitness

Saraman getting the nod for the job, but some are still opposing it...but does he fit the criteria listed above?

Anyhow, i wonder what was the old criteria for selecting the captain?

very good points breddah... i have to agree with you on the gayle issue, he played tata de whole world cup.. i expected more from him.. he disappointed...

1]; } ?>