April 24, 2024, 11:54:12 PM

Author Topic: What is it about Trini's and football!!!  (Read 13720 times)

Offline Alter ego

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What is it about Trini's and football!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 02:51:10 PM »
A Trini complaining about generalising? anyway respect to Dwight York, Stern John, Russell Lapaty, Ato Bolden, Machel Montana and the rest.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 03:57:45 PM »
Alter Ego it sound like you have a decent amount of info about T&T and Trinis, but it also sounds like you believe you know more than you actually do.

What is your motivation for wanting to talk about Trinis?  Where you from?  Where your family from?
Give me some background and I'll tell you what's wrong wit you your ideas.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 04:55:52 PM »
A Trini complaining about generalising? anyway respect to Dwight York, Stern John, Russell Lapaty, Ato Bolden, Machel Montana and the rest.

::)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 04:59:38 PM »

VB

VB yuh aint notice he spelt all the names wrong except for Stern John?   :D....ah only see yuh highlight one name.... :-\
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:10:23 PM by problemjaydeess »
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Alter ego

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 05:59:36 PM »
I was with a trini woman for years, we are no longer together. I will not mention where I'm from because I want my post to be read without any bias, lets just say I'm from the caribbean. I have a 5 year old with her and one day I heard my 5 year old saying she doesn't like Jamaicans. Already she is being brainwashed with this jealous hateful Trini menality. I was browsing around the internet and came upon this site. I saw a few discussions between Jamaicans and Trinis and as usually the Trini come with the insults. The cricket worldcup did so well in Jamaica and then it went to the other islands and it was just a poor turn out. Then everyone resents jamaica for being the most popular country in the caribbean. I'm only talking about Trinis because this post mention passion for football but the only passion I see is for Soca and competing against Jamaicans.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 06:15:47 PM »
I was with a trini woman for years, we are no longer together. I will not mention where I'm from because I want my post to be read without any bias, lets just say I'm from the caribbean. I have a 5 year old with her and one day I heard my 5 year old saying she doesn't like Jamaicans. Already she is being brainwashed with this jealous hateful Trini menality. I was browsing around the internet and came upon this site. I saw a few discussions between Jamaicans and Trinis and as usually the Trini come with the insults. The cricket worldcup did so well in Jamaica and then it went to the other islands and it was just a poor turn out. Then everyone resents jamaica for being the most popular country in the caribbean. I'm only talking about Trinis because this post mention passion for football but the only passion I see is for Soca and competing against Jamaicans.

:rotfl: :rotfl: I understand where de hate coming from now.....

boy doh let one trini woman get to yuh so....they have plenty more fish in de sea  ;D

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2007, 01:56:02 PM »

You are obviously J'can.

I know a lot of West Indians in England, Canada and the US that havea problem with J'cans. Were they ALL brainwashed by Trinis.

Having said that I know some very nice J'cans.

These are people sometimes advise me to stay away from certain bars, because they are "afraid" for me, because of a certain J'can clientelle that goes there. Did I "brainwash" them??

J'cans tend to believe they are the focal point of the Caribbean. This may be true in their eyes and the perspective of foreigners.

But the Trini culture is strong enough that (althoug we love Reggae) the essence of Soca, Pan and Mas make us a vibrant entitiy amongst ourselves.

Understandably you were with a Trini woman. It's acknowledged in the C'bbn that we have the sweetest women. You are obvioulsy not a complete idiot.  ;D

VB

Offline Alter ego

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2007, 03:57:08 PM »
You're the idiot if you dont know that every country has bad people. The problem Trinis have with Jamaicans has nothing to do with the few bad ones but more to do with your culture being overshadowed by Jamaican culture. The west indians in the countries you mentioned has an inferiority complex. They are sick of not being recognized, they are sick of people seing there flags and not knowing which country that flag represents. They are tired of people hearing their accent and assuming they are Jamaican. When they say they are not Jamaican they get accused of trying to be Jamaican. Who's fault is that? why try to take it out on all Jamaicans? Its funny how someone was talking about generalising when thats what you all are doing now. Its so sad to see a bunch of people so obsessed with one culture. I have never heard a Jamaican putting down any other Island. The most I might hear a Jamaican say is I won't go around them because I know they don't like us. You people are so obsessed with Jamaicans that you are already using me an individual, to fuel your hatred for every Jamaican.

I was with a Trini woman because I don't discriminate but you prove my point again. You will always have to compare everything with Jamaicans.

I have one last thing to say to Trinis and every small island who has a problem with Jamaicans. Get off your sorry asses and spend more time building yourselves up and less time always trying to bring somemone else down.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007, 04:30:08 PM »
Alter Ego your knowledge on this subject is limited.

Don't mistake football hatred on this site for everyday hatred.
Two different things.

I have never heard a Jamaican putting down any other Island.

Yuh never hear Jamaicans putting down Trinis?
Check it out.
http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20070325/cleisure/cleisure4.html

Exerpt :
"In the case of Trinidad, nobody wants to live down there because there are poisonous snakes and no mountains. Murder down there makes a speciality of mutilation. The only part of that country which is any good is the island of Tobago. But a luxury hotel there has made its guests violently ill three times over the last five years according to the Sunday Times, a U.K. newspaper. It seems to me nobody would want to go there, except another Trinidadian."

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2007, 04:54:07 PM »
I was with a trini woman for years, we are no longer together. 

That explains it.....

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2007, 05:09:36 PM »

VB

VB yuh aint notice he spelt all the names wrong except for Stern John?   :D....ah only see yuh highlight one name.... :-\

Yuh right.

But ah was just so shocked by MONTANA
that everything else just get block out :-)

VB

Offline Alter ego

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2007, 08:04:59 PM »
Alter Ego your knowledge on this subject is limited.

Don't mistake football hatred on this site for everyday hatred.
Two different things.

I have never heard a Jamaican putting down any other Island.

Yuh never hear Jamaicans putting down Trinis?
Check it out.
http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20070325/cleisure/cleisure4.html

Exerpt :
"In the case of Trinidad, nobody wants to live down there because there are poisonous snakes and no mountains. Murder down there makes a speciality of mutilation. The only part of that country which is any good is the island of Tobago. But a luxury hotel there has made its guests violently ill three times over the last five years according to the Sunday Times, a U.K. newspaper. It seems to me nobody would want to go there, except another Trinidadian."

No mistake here, your football discussions has turned in to personal attacks most of the time. I have also seen this on other forums which has nothing to do with football. All I have to do is start a post saying which country has the best women. The other islands can say their country has the best women but if a Jamaican says it, it triggers something in a Trini. All you will hear after that is hateful derogatory remarks. It's become sad and its not getting you anywhere, its only raising your blood pressure. The only Jamaicans that care are the weak kiss ass ones, so you are just wasting time and energy.

As far as I see Trinis don't have a warm receptive culture. That may come from all the rasicm and hatred that exist. You are fooling only yourselves if you try to pretend I don't know what I'm talking about.

You mentioned one article that was written by one individual. The article is right on, except that the writer is blaming the wrong people. The writer also should have not resorted to personal attacks. The writer should be attacking the government for selling the country out to a bunch of people who has nothing good to say about Jamaicans. Would Trinidadians allow a Jamaican businessman into their country to buy out one of their major industries? I sincerely doubt it.

Offline Alter ego

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2007, 08:24:58 PM »

VB

Yuh right.

VB

Whats in a name  ::)

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 08:36:06 PM »
Alter Ego its obvious you came here to disrespect us...Everything you wrote in this thread has no merit...Are you hear to talk football or not?...I told you once..I told you twice and I'm telling you again ..the average Trini does not hate jamaicans...we just fing ourselves consistenly having to defend our country and culture against jamaicans...Most jamaicans try to insist their culture upon the islands and expect the other islands to establish Jamaican culture as their culture...BUT NOT IN T&T because we have our own unique culture...whether is be our Carnival, Steelpan, Soca/Calypso..and the average Jamaican should respect that!!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 08:37:53 PM by problemjaydeess »
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2007, 09:00:17 PM »
Alter Ego the article is not spot on, in fact Jamaicans have condemned it.
And in your comments you didn't address my reason for posting the article.
You said that you never hear Jamaicans putting down Trinis.
Now you know better.

You just don't know as much as you think you do.
 :thumbsdown:

Offline Alter ego

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2007, 01:10:57 PM »
The article should be condemned because it was very disrespectful. What I'm saying is I understand why the writer is so angry. The writers anger is misplaced and should be directed towards the Jamaican goverment, who has been selling out the country for years. The Jamaican goverment runs the country like its the tourist industry. They have a busboy and waiter mentality, that is to cater to everyone except the Jamaican people.  I can't count how many times I have heard Trinis making comments about how they have to give Jamaica handouts. You don't sell out your country to people who think so low of you. When people degrade your country and your culture you don't invite them in your home. You don't go to their home and ask for a drink of water either, because they will spit in it before they give it to you.

You gave me one example of someone talking bad about Trinis but its not something you hear of often. The difference is that this is a regular thing with Trinis.

Hopefully this is my last post on this subject.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2007, 01:47:31 PM »
 :yapping:
Go back to yuh anonymous caribbean country.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2007, 01:50:33 PM »

VB

Yuh right.

VB

Whats in a name  ::)

Yuh cah frigging spell.

VB

Offline Alter ego

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2007, 02:10:14 PM »
How many post does it take to have Hero warrior under my name.   ;D

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2007, 02:20:42 PM »
How many post does it take to have Hero warrior under my name. ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
No wait....Alter Ego.....yuh serious??.....hear nah....yuh make mih day!!!!....after all de back and forth....dis is wha yuh come up with??...

Lord Father....aye....ah love dis forum.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2007, 02:40:57 PM »
Allyuh letting a dotish man like Halter Hego ( that is how dey does do it in JA right? ) rile allyuh up. De man talking a kinda tabanca-delirious talk.  I know real Trini and Jamaicans does hang out, work together, start family, live in each other country etc. It always have dat competitive trash talk but we all de same people when yuh come down to it. Except for de stupid people like you, mr halter hego, you cyah be one of we. You had to be a Gren....ah mean ah Baj....let mih stop that. ;D ;D ;D All de shit talk is still a 1 love.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2007, 07:27:25 PM »
Let me guess you don`t have no beer to drink after sweat becuase them fellers in atlanta that I know don`t play for nothing else but liquor and shit talk, it have nuff of them down they .........................................................................Tell I scooby say so

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2007, 05:21:27 AM »
I know the trial and tribulations of setting up a team with Trini's
years ago I registered a team in a legue, did everything for the team (uniforms, pitch rental etc) all I needed was men photos. You believe we got ejected before the first game because I got only one set of photos out of 16 ! >:(

saying that we have a team now and no problems but you got to get strict with men. Turn up late well ride pine !

ps we have a Jamican on our team and we all seem to get along, I'll have to encourage the guys to start insulting him
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline DeLasTrini

• New Warrior
  • Don't blink on me. Or u just might miss my goal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2007, 05:41:34 AM »
Thing Trinis are passionate about:
Soca
Hating Jamaicans
Hating anyone who like Jamaicans
The most hateful of all are the indian Trinis who is very passionate about keeping their blood pure indian.

Football is definately not one of them.

SO are u Jamaican by anychance cause you seem to be venting some serious animosity there. ;D
What's the Meaning of the Word Quit. I don't know the meaning of it. Trini to the Fullest.

Offline DeLasTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2007, 05:49:24 AM »
Jamaicans are passionate about their culture and Trinis are passionate about theirs. Where I'm from in the states most of the Soca events are put on by Jamaican promoters. They are alot of underground radio stations but none for Soca. Its the Jamaican stations that play soca or hire a soca dj to play soca. So how can you say Jamaicans don't accept other cultures. Jamaican culture is aggressive and their is always something going on. It's not that Jamaicans don't appreciate other cultures they're just caught up in their own. Trinis have so much hatred and anger towards Jamaicans. Most Jamaicans are oblivious to this until they end up working with them or end around them for whatever reason. Besides that, I have worked with Trinis and they try to be white and turn their nose up at blacks. Beside hating Jamaicans please explain your hatred for Guyanese.

Seems like u making a generalized statement there man. People will be people, in other words human nature will always be what it is. An as for hating guyanese I have 2 best friends that are guyanese. Tameshwar who has been like my older brother since I came to the United States in '98 and the other is Amanda who has been my best friend since '99. Hate it ain't got no hate man granted every grp has their bunch of Assholes but thats going to every where, every culture in everyland. As for Hating Yardies not I only thing is a foot ball rivalry and I do have yardies that are my best friends also. So talking about hating on other islands is just a rivalry thing. Take my 2 cents cause its free.
What's the Meaning of the Word Quit. I don't know the meaning of it. Trini to the Fullest.

Offline DeLasTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2007, 05:50:55 AM »
Jamaicans are passionate about their culture and Trinis are passionate about theirs. Where I'm from in the states most of the Soca events are put on by Jamaican promoters. They are alot of underground radio stations but none for Soca. Its the Jamaican stations that play soca or hire a soca dj to play soca. So how can you say Jamaicans don't accept other cultures. Jamaican culture is aggressive and their is always something going on. It's not that Jamaicans don't appreciate other cultures they're just caught up in their own. Trinis have so much hatred and anger towards Jamaicans. Most Jamaicans are oblivious to this until they end up working with them or end around them for whatever reason. Besides that, I have worked with Trinis and they try to be white and turn their nose up at blacks. Beside hating Jamaicans please explain your hatred for Guyanese.

Listen this would be my last response to your bullshit....It's obvious you are too ignorant to get the point..This is not just about Soca or Reggae..(go back and read my previous responses)...and in New York and other places where there are alot of Trinbagonian immigrants we promote our own culture (including Soca)>so go check de Trini clubs, bars and Caribbean newspapers in brooklyn and other heavily populated areas in the U.S where Trinis live.....I will go out on a limb and believe you when you say Jamaicans where you live promote our culture,,,..and what the hell you mean "by besides Jamaicans please explain your hatred to Guyanese"...LIKE I SAID BEFORE>>>>MOST TRINBAGONIANS DO NOT HATE JAICANS, WE JUST FIND OURSELVES CONSISTENLY HAVING TO DEFEND OUR CULTURE AND COUNTRY AGAINST JAMAICANS..and the average Trinbagonian do not hate Guyanese either..Where in the Hell you be getting this information?...and yeh if the Trinis you work with try to be white then dat should not give you reason to generalise all trinis in this category.......Talk done!!

Welll Said :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline DeLasTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2007, 06:00:11 AM »

Don't know where you daughter is getting that from or who she heard saying that. Though brethern that your house or matters u got to put in order. You also know that Jamaicans aren't the only ones posting on here right. And if you are jamaican which i am going to assume that you are Yardie/Trini rivalry will never go away and things will always be hot between the 2 grps. If all you see is the passion for soca and competing against Jamaicans then u my friend have a serious case of Tunnel vision. We compete against the Caribbean an other neighbouring countries if that where the case then every single match that T&T would have ever played would have been against Ja and no one else. Note my blunt sarcasm. From this angle u got a bag of sour grapes and want to spread the sour love and we don't want it. Thank you but don't pass it on

Offline DeLasTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2007, 06:16:40 AM »
The article should be condemned because it was very disrespectful. What I'm saying is I understand why the writer is so angry. The writers anger is misplaced and should be directed towards the Jamaican goverment, who has been selling out the country for years. The Jamaican goverment runs the country like its the tourist industry. They have a busboy and waiter mentality, that is to cater to everyone except the Jamaican people.  I can't count how many times I have heard Trinis making comments about how they have to give Jamaica handouts. You don't sell out your country to people who think so low of you. When people degrade your country and your culture you don't invite them in your home. You don't go to their home and ask for a drink of water either, because they will spit in it before they give it to you.

You gave me one example of someone talking bad about Trinis but its not something you hear of often. The difference is that this is a regular thing with Trinis.

Hopefully this is my last post on this subject.
Do u need a hug, really it sounds like you are having quite a bad day. Though like I said u seem to have a bad case of tunnel vision and kinda sound like them old men playing checkers in the village on sunday. You whole thing about Jamaica this Jaimaica is slightly disturbing because where i grew up in the states, all of us WestInidan kids stuck together an though we were all different islands and would tease each other about our different islands that never broke the unity between us. So of my Other West Indians friends and yes the yardies that i showed this post 2 where just shell shocked with your bitter tirade over ....what were u arguing about again, seems like the point was lost.

As for you statement about trying to be Jamaican you must be damn mad, I am what I am a TrinBagonian in the true sense of the word. I love my other island folk and the other west Indians attached to the main land. You on the other hand got some serious soul searching to do cause you seem to be mad an probably disgruntled at yourself. This craziness about hating Ja culture not sure where u getting from, prob the same place you getting your volumes of information about us that is soooo pinpoint accurate. I had no idea you were an Anthropologist and a specialist in regards to Trini's and the rest of the smaller isles, Though you still smaller than some of them. Pls I hope u do continue 
with the train of thought.

Offline DeLasTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2007, 06:23:28 AM »
Sorry for so much posting fellas but the guy and his blatant ignorance i just couldn't take him and his shit over the few days. As for making a Trini team. Don't do that man u going to shoot yourself in the foot. So like what we did get a few mexicans, a couple africans , a few other islands that know how to play ball, and a few south Americans don;t forget an asian or 2. They got talent over there. I am just proud to have played with these guys and continue to practice with them for our upcoming season.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:37:59 AM by DeLasTrini »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2007, 06:57:41 AM »
I would like tuh know If dem other J'cans on de site think we hate dem too.
It's the Tale of how families rolw Alter Ego We fight, call names and all that but it's nothin but love we have. Have you ever heard about sibling rivalry?

Is not hate
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo