April 24, 2024, 04:07:33 PM

Author Topic: Lara retires from ALL International Cricket  (Read 12343 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Lara retires from ALL International Cricket
« on: April 19, 2007, 04:25:41 PM »
Not only One Day Internationals but also Test matches.

source: Anil Roberts on the radio
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 06:20:46 PM by Tallman »

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lara retires from ALL International Cricket
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 04:34:01 PM »

It on Cricinfo as well. He call it quits. I want him to end in dstyle though like a comprehensive win against England and I want him to score a hundred at that.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:35:17 PM »
Brian Charles Lara a World Cricketing Icon

I will never forget 375, 501, 153, 400, 10,0000 and the ICC Champions Trophy.

Thank you for the memories!!  You made big men cry many times!!
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 04:40:03 PM »

Thank you for the memories!!  You made big men cry many times!!

wha number is dat boy?  ;D and when he made all dat runs  :devil:

:beermug: All hail de best batsman in de World  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 05:07:19 PM »
NOOOOOOO!!! say it aint so - not even 1 more test series? i not prepared for this

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 05:13:24 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Not even england? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 05:14:40 PM »
NOOOOOOO!!! say it aint so - not even 1 more test series? i not prepared for this
wah yuh expect and so much people figting him down. micheal holding and tony cozier migh finnaly have somin good to say bout dme fum 2 fukers.

i real vex wanted him to play tests some more
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 05:20:13 PM »
more heartbreak from the windies camp.  :'(  ah wasn't ready fuh dat nuh!  wndies cricket without we pride and joy seems unthinkable.  but we move on -  ah backing Rawney!
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 05:22:03 PM »
diz bullshit.............. real bullshit, who bright idea was this tuh discourage the man from playing tests... Lara is de bess right now on th team... why they have to force the man tuh retire... I hate the west indies cricket board and these insular assholes who claim they love the west indies.

God is de BOSS....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 05:22:18 PM »

Thank you for the memories!!  You made big men cry many times!!

so you go forget 277??

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 05:58:42 PM »

Thank you for the memories!!  You made big men cry many times!!

so you go forget 277??

I eh forget nah breds, i was only putting the records but that winning 153 sticks out in my mind. D 277 in Sydney put him on the map. This thing have me ill yes.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 05:58:47 PM »
LARA, De Rat feelin like he get horn.  Say it eh so.

PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 06:02:37 PM »
Hear de bitch nah.

Michael Holding on Lara's retirement

`A decision that was on the cards' - Holding

April 19, 2007

Brain Lara has had a brilliant career but now that he has retired it's time for West Indies cricket to move forward. The mantle passes to Ramnaresh Sarwan and he should try and get some positive results for this team

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 06:03:24 PM »
Lara to quit international cricket

Dileep Premachandran in Barbados

April 19, 2007

End of an era: Brian Lara announced his retirement from international cricket on Thursday © Getty Images

After days of scathing criticism and ceaseless innuendo, the penny finally dropped. "I gave extensive consideration to this," said Brian Lara. "I want everybody to know that on Saturday I'll be playing my last international match. I've already spoken to the board and the players about this." It was a fairly routine press conference at the end of a insignificant game, but the answer to the last question caused even the most tired journalist to look up from his notepad.

And with that, it was over. He stopped to sign a few autographs - jaded hacks too aren't immune from the spell cast by his batting - and then walked away through the side door. Though there will be nothing at stake on Saturday when two frankly mediocre teams play for nothing more than pride, the stands could be packed as fans flock in to pay their own tributes to the prince among modern-day batsmen.

Ever since West Indies were ruled out of semi-final contention earlier in the week, speculation has been rife that Lara wouldn't be part of the Test squad to England. For a man who has carried the team piggyback for so much of his career, it would have been an unkind cut, one that he was clearly in no mood to take.

When asked to rake over the pieces of yet another ill-fated World Cup campaign, Lara refused to dwell on "spilt milk". "We've got to move on and focus on the future," he said.

His one-day career will end at 299 games, and he won't now add to the 131 Tests and 11,953 runs he scored in Test cricket. "I was very confident that I'd play my 300th game at the World Cup," he said. "It wasn't to be. So be it."

Though he will be remembered for two glorious centuries against South Africa (1996 and 2003), Lara has little else to cherish as far as the World Cup is concerned. Winning the ICC Champions Trophy in the gloom at The Oval in 2004 was a highlight, and he'll hope for a reprise against the English team that was beaten that day.

"West Indies cricket is something I hold dearly to my own heart," he said when asked what his feelings would be as he donned the maroon colours for the last time. "I've had a very good run, 299 one-day matches and 130-odd Tests under my belt. That's testimony to the fact that I've been out there toiling for West Indies cricket. I've enjoyed every single day."

He leaves behind quite a legacy as a batsman. "I've come out there and tried to entertain," he said, when asked how he'd like to be remembered. "You have to remember that people pay to come through the turnstiles.

"Another thing that I'm proud of is that I've been knocked down so many times, both as a player and a person, and come back. I need to thank my parents for that, for being able to go out there in the face of adversity and perform. It's a family trait."

Dileep Premachandran is associate editor of Cricinfo

© Cricinfo

www.westindiantube.com

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 06:14:05 PM »
ho no no no , :'(  :'( ,ah thought he playing more test ,sad news ,We will miss you Lara  :notworthy:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 06:26:20 PM »
Absolute Boss... you've made Cricket enjoyable to watch.   and i'm sorry that West Indies have a shit side and you cant taste  world cup glory   but you will always be a legend

Crisis mode begins on Sat night after you have gone..   i cant imagine cricket without you..

Bless up bossman and good luck in whatever you do next

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 06:43:04 PM »
Could anyone send me a copy of superblue signal to lara?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 07:05:32 PM »
Lara eh retire.  Dey retire him.  Damn ungrateful bastards.  Now is bad bad licks in we arse.  Sweep and Test Match finish in 2 days.  Steups.  >:(

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 07:21:12 PM »
just seen it on bbc website.the only shock is that he had actually planned to tour england after this world cup.
 end of an era :(........

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 07:24:53 PM »
  i really couldnt see him brave enough to continue after west indies shit down the place this world cup. 
 i'd have thought imminent retirement would have motivated him to perform better as captain.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 07:42:03 PM »
  i really couldnt see him brave enough to continue after west indies shit down the place this world cup. 
 i'd have thought imminent retirement would have motivated him to perform better as captain.

Exactly what it is allyuh expected de man to do again? Open the heavens and use divine intervention to get the WI team to perform??
www.westindiantube.com

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 07:53:05 PM »
let's see who dey go blame now and who de umps will find to tief out de most.Ah guess all dem kakaholes (sorry jounalists) doh have anyone to blame now.Look forward to the rise of West Indies cricket. 

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 08:07:19 PM »
Hear de bitch nah.

Michael Holding on Lara's retirement

`A decision that was on the cards' - Holding

April 19, 2007

Brain Lara has had a brilliant career but now that he has retired it's time for West Indies cricket to move forward. The mantle passes to Ramnaresh Sarwan and he should try and get some positive results for this team

Before that line they had holding say how lara shoulda gone long ago.

Michael holding and all the other haters jealous cause lara is the greatest west indian cricketer there ever was, i don't care how good the teams of the 70's and 80's were. Lara stands alone in a class by himself.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 08:15:04 PM »
Cozier,Croft,Holding and de smaller kakaholes should be CONgratulated on the great job dey did on Lara thru the years.
Look forward to the bright future that lies ahead starting with the England series.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 08:17:53 PM »
doh worry, dey will bring him back like dey did latas.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 08:23:29 PM »
Thanks BC Lara doh do like u partner Latas doh come back. Let Greenidge Roaberts and dem pick they side that nobody eh go be payin to see in England. England team in shambles and a WI team without Lara. No money eh go be making this season.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 09:12:13 PM »
Move forward where and what positive results from here Mr. Back Biter Holding?  Yuh busy with calculator and always crunching numbers.  Why yuh doh crunch this number?  What percentage of runs has Lara made during his career compared to the rest of his fellow Windies Players?  I am referring to the teams he played on.  Imagine on de last Sri Lankan Tour, he had 42% of the runs.  If yuh take away de tail enders, the numbers go up higher.  Ah feel is jes jealousy.  Lara is arguably one of the greatest cricketers ever.  Ah never hear Croft crying down Chanderpaul or Sarwan when dey doing tata.  Holding doh say too much about all dem yardman chokers masquerading as batsmen.  No...is Lara should retire.  Cozier feel de whole ah Bim should be on de Windies Team.  Pakistan clean house with selectors.  We side with ours and de wicked people controlling we cricket.  Ok new captain...but force de man out?  Nah.  Ah sure in meh heart dat Lara wanted one more shot at England in England if anything.  Ah mean it real suspicious.  One minute ah man say he feel could play till past 40....next minute ah want to retire?  Ah smell ah fish.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:18:31 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 09:52:51 PM »
I feeling to listen to BM Johnny Was .I hope them small  islanders happy ! he's gone ok.I and i miss today innings !!  :'(

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 10:04:10 PM »
I feeling to listen to BM Johnny Was .I hope them small  islanders happy ! he's gone ok.I and i miss today innings !!  :'(

Well he playing again Friday, I goan tune in and I hope the crowd come out in their numbers to bid fare-well.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 10:11:15 PM »
Tomorrow friday ! I will put all the links up !!Everybody will see it .

1]; } ?>