April 25, 2024, 07:46:23 AM

Author Topic: Aleem Dar  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Aleem Dar
« on: June 10, 2007, 10:41:12 AM »
1505 - WICKET! Morton lbw Panesar 54, WI 161-4
Morton's gone! It looks a generous decision to my eye, though. Panesar, bowling round the wicket, loops one in towards his legs and it raps Morton on the pads on the turn. It looked like it was spinning just past off, but Aleem Dar raises his finger to end a dogged knock. Morton is Mr Angry of Furiousville, Livid-land - and that's an understatement. Watch out for the china in the dressing room.  BBC

Monty must be bulling him.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aleem Dar
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 02:57:14 PM »
Hawk eye said it was clipping the outside of off stump, but to me it looked like it was hitting middle and off stump. The ball definatelty was coming in toward the stumps with the arm but hawkeye had the ball straightening to run on and clip off stump which was just not the case. In my opinion it was hitting some part of middle stump and was a good decision from Dar.

Remember as Michael Holding once said if hawks had eyes like hawk eye they would starve to death and i have to agree with him. Some of these other commentators just rely on hawk eye to tell them where the ball is going without using their own eyes.

Hawk eye is shit. You guys watch that ball and tell me which direction you think that ball is travelling just before it hits the pad. That ball could not be missing off stump with the direction the ball was travelling.

Im gonna stick up for the umpires on this occasion because watching this game live this has been the best day of umpiring standards i have seen in a very long time. I thought Dar and Bowden today- 4th day- were excellent in all of their calls.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 03:13:45 PM by Remie »

1]; } ?>