March 28, 2024, 11:27:58 AM

Author Topic: LARA comeback ?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
LARA comeback ?
« on: May 27, 2007, 01:39:55 AM »

Sarwan out maybe for the series, Chanderpaul knee bleeding.
  Gayle continues to under perform, Ganga suffering from lack of confidence again.

No experience left in the rest of the side.
Everybody know Lara was not ready to retire, he supposed to be relatively fit by his standards, he in England , he is the most experienced just retired batsman we have and there is this little thing of him being a genius.
Why not invite him back ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LARA comeback ?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 05:49:27 AM »
That may not be a bad idea...However, the only thing that bothers me with that move would be that the team would lapse back the mindset of depending on Lara to score all the runs for the team whenever it bats. If Lara could come back, the rest of the team members have to understand that they cannot rely on Lara to shoulder the burden of the entire West Indies innings whenever it bats.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 04:08:50 PM »
Lara will be foolish to comeback dey.Ain't according to pundits like Croft de team looking much better after de first test ? dey have a fight in dem now ? After dey get their second test cutarse ,I'll like to here the pundits.Blame Lara !!!!!!!!

ps: I hope Lara realise he still have a contribution to make to Trinidad cricket.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 04:42:38 PM »
Lara have more sense than that. We eh care who out. As for TNT I waitin to go Guayacuara to see him
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 05:21:52 PM »
Come back? Allyuh trying to stunt the development of the team or what? Ah mean...look at how impressively they're performing without him! 800 plus runs for 12 wickets in the first test.......3 declarations....heightened team spirit according to the all knowing holding.......allyuh mad or what?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 10:04:53 AM »
Come back? Allyuh trying to stunt the development of the team or what? Ah mean...look at how impressively they're performing without him! 800 plus runs for 12 wickets in the first test.......3 declarations....heightened team spirit according to the all knowing holding.......allyuh mad or what?
How well they did in the first test on a batting wicket, and tell me how well they did in the second test - 282 runs for 20 wickets on a batting wicket.  All yuh jokey yes?  What Croft and Holding saying now?  Fools they are.  Lara is in England and could be called on an emergency basis to fill the hole in the batting until Chanderpaul and Sarwan become available.  Other than that they would have to send home for a replacement.

Also, I wonder how the WI selectors feel now about omitting Pedro Collins after seeing the success of Ryan Sidebottom, a left arm pacer.  These guys have no strategic thinking.  Hope they learn but they will alll find one person to blame for every poor performance of the WI team over the last 10 years - Lara - the only person who over those years has shown any ability to consistently put runs on the board.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 01:24:32 PM »
lara not coming back no whey, he not in england he down here..

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 05:30:40 PM »
lara not coming back no whey, he not in england he down here..

i see him buyin doubles in curepe this mornin
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 07:31:28 PM »
How well they did in the first test on a batting wicket, and tell me how well they did in the second test - 282 runs for 20 wickets on a batting wicket.  All yuh jokey yes?  What Croft and Holding saying now?  Fools they are.  Lara is in England and could be called on an emergency basis to fill the hole in the batting until Chanderpaul and Sarwan become available.  Other than that they would have to send home for a replacement.

Also, I wonder how the WI selectors feel now about omitting Pedro Collins after seeing the success of Ryan Sidebottom, a left arm pacer.  These guys have no strategic thinking.  Hope they learn but they will alll find one person to blame for every poor performance of the WI team over the last 10 years - Lara - the only person who over those years has shown any ability to consistently put runs on the board.

Sorry i forgot to put my post through the sarcasm converter. ::)
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 03:23:04 PM »
Perhaps only in the WI, do we question whether or not the BEST batsaman in the world should be in the team or not.

Especially when two of the top bats. in the side injured.

BL shouldn't come back as a matter of principle, because then he go look sorf and dotish.

But I would like to see him return later, because dat man have more records to break. Maybe that is a stupid reason. But he is still number one in the WI. and that includes Sarwan and Chanders.

Peace,
VB

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
Lara has done the right thing by retiring.  He has done his best and more for ungrateful West Indians and still they HATE.

He is a smart fella.  Stay retired from West Indies cricket Brian.  Go play for anybody else.  They say a prophet have no honour in his home.  You are only appreciated Internationally.  West Indies too small...intelecctually and emotionally for you.

Enjoy yuh retriement and continued success to you.  If any a dem West Indian come askin you to come back, tell dem HDMC!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>