March 28, 2024, 11:37:19 AM

Author Topic: Lara retires from ALL International Cricket  (Read 12257 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lara retires from ALL International Cricket
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2007, 10:31:12 PM »
Tomorrow friday ! I will put all the links up !!Everybody will see it .

Compre boy right now muh blood hot. i real cussing up some people on this other site. Some frigging Vincy who does bad talk anything Trini and ah think ah Bajan.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007, 10:38:06 PM »
is saturday de game playing not friday
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2007, 10:40:29 PM »
is saturday de game playing not friday

Yeah my mistake.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
Thanks BC Lara doh do like u partner Latas doh come back. Let Greenidge Roaberts and dem pick they side that nobody eh go be payin to see in England. England team in shambles and a WI team without Lara. No money eh go be making this season.

just read yesterday that england test side rated #2 in teh world and 1-day side 2nd to last in major test-playing nations.
large up Lara

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2007, 01:05:51 AM »
I guess it was only a matter a time west indians is all about making a man a scapegoat they does never stand u and say it was we fault is always he fault put it on one man shoulders...Brian lara is the best I ever see thank you for your contribution star and know that as a fellow trini i always support yuh....big up

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 01:32:07 AM »
Trini fans showing dey naivete!

Sure Brian was unfairly dumped with all the blame. That is life at the top. Captain and coach always get the most blame. Sure BC had his issues, but nuff balme to go around and to be honest, for the WCup I cant fault him too much, though the fact that he could not inspire more outta his charges may go back to his history.

Be that as it may, all yuh foget all Gordon Greenidge do for the Windies and the man beg for one last test to end his career in England (Where he was born) and the WICBC denied him even that. Haynes left in a huff as well. The WICBC has a history of reaming our best servants of the game. Nothing stange, nothing change.

Lara bwoy, thanks for the memories and yes, its a shame you never born 20 years earlier.

Lets see if we can fix Windies problem nnow. Rememba, fish stinks from the head first.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 06:28:23 AM by willi »

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 04:11:50 AM »
Brian Lara is one of the greatest players the game has ever seen.

In my opinion, all things considered, now is the right time to go.

I would have liked him to carry on in Tests but given that a new captain had to be put in place, because Lara was not a good leader, for both forms of the game- was Lara prepared to 'lower' himself to play under a captain like Sarwan or Ganga in Tests?

And how many more years did he have in him at the age of 38. Maybe its best that he has bowed out whilst he is still one of the greatest batsmen in the history of the game. Like RRamdin said a few days ago- he has gone out leaving us still wanting more- and i dont think this is such a bad thing.

Even if Lara played on until he was 40 he would prolong a few test match defeats to the 4th day instead of the 3rd but this is no benefit for me.

We need to hit the bottom of the pile in Test cricket and then maybe the administrators of West Indies cricket might finally put some proper systems in place that will improve our cricket in the long run. Now that Lara is gone we will reach the bottom of pile sooner which may be a blessing in disguise.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 04:33:09 AM by Remie »

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 06:38:56 AM »
i am real sour like these ungrateful set ah jumbies forget that lara took back the captaincy on the exhortation of influential people .explainer has a song oh no no nono we should not treat our heroes so.again our society has failed to deal properly with adversity.lara thank you.i salute you a true hero.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 06:59:54 AM »

I would have liked him to carry on in Tests but given that a new captain had to be put in place, because Lara was not a good leader, for both forms of the game- was Lara prepared to 'lower' himself to play under a captain like Sarwan or Ganga in Tests?

And how many more years did he have in him at the age of 38. Maybe its best that he has bowed out whilst he is still one of the greatest batsmen in the history of the game. Like RRamdin said a few days ago- he has gone out leaving us still wanting more- and i dont think this is such a bad thing.

Even if Lara played on until he was 40 he would prolong a few test match defeats to the 4th day instead of the 3rd but this is no benefit for me.

We need to hit the bottom of the pile in Test cricket and then maybe the administrators of West Indies cricket might finally put some proper systems in place that will improve our cricket in the long run. Now that Lara is gone we will reach the bottom of pile sooner which may be a blessing in disguise.

^^^^ True.

i glad he retire, though i wished he had gone out on a high note. The man could overs that stress now and just spend he money and dont have to study nobody trying to undermine him. The last time around, he shoulda just come back as a normal player and concentrate on making plennnnnty runs.

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 07:02:51 AM »

^^^^ True.

i glad he retire, though i wished he had gone out on a high note. The man could overs that stress now and just spend he money and dont have to study nobody trying to undermine him. The last time around, he shoulda just come back as a normal player and concentrate on making plennnnnty runs.

he shoulda leave hooper as captain to take de pressure.
but dais in hindsight.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 08:05:25 AM »
Hear de bitch nah.

Michael Holding on Lara's retirement

`A decision that was on the cards' - Holding

April 19, 2007

Brain Lara has had a brilliant career but now that he has retired it's time for West Indies cricket to move forward. The mantle passes to Ramnaresh Sarwan and he should try and get some positive results for this team

Before that line they had holding say how lara shoulda gone long ago.Michael holding and all the other haters jealous cause lara is the greatest west indian cricketer there ever was, i don't care how good the teams of the 70's and 80's were. Lara stands alone in a class by himself.

Wayyy Holding say that!!?? HOW IRONIC... immediately these lines come to mind...

"Way down under, a warrior falls
Michael Holding, falls in the heat of the battle
'Michael shuldda lef long time" I heard an angry brother shout
Caribbean man, dat dat dat, that is the root of our trouble, oh"

-from Rally Round the West Indies

BRIAN C LARA You will be missed!  :'(
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2007, 09:52:35 AM »
Hear de bitch nah.

April 19, 2007

Brain Lara has had a brilliant career but now that he has retired it's time for West Indies cricket to move forward. The mantle passes to Ramnaresh Sarwan and he should try and get some positive results for this team

Before that line they had holding say how lara shoulda gone long ago.Michael holding and all the other haters jealous cause lara is the greatest west indian cricketer there ever was, i don't care how good the teams of the 70's and 80's were. Lara stands alone in a class by himself.

Wayyy Holding say that!!?? HOW IRONIC... immediately these lines come to mind...

"Way down under, a warrior falls
Michael Holding, falls in the heat of the battle
'Michael shuldda lef long time" I heard an angry brother shout
Caribbean man, dat dat dat, that is the root of our trouble, oh"

-from Rally Round the West Indies

BRIAN C LARA You will be missed!  :'(

so true. holding yuh bastard.

anyways for the UK based please visit the Lara exhibit being launched there this summer. This just announced: http://www.charlierandall.org/blogcontrol.asp?viewsingleitem=1&BlogItemID=331

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2007, 11:27:56 AM »
I hope Holding and Croft can sleep at night.  In fact ah hope they nevr get another restful night.  Idiots and haters them!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »
I hope Holding and Croft can sleep at night. In fact ah hope they nevr get another restful night. Idiots and haters them!
of course they could sleep at night ,and croft took blood money from south africa this is nothing to him. lara has made holdings career as a commentator, if he did not have lara to criticize he would have nothing of interest to say, blasted jumbies.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2007, 11:38:27 PM »
PUSHED OUT?

Lara retirement leaves questions

Garth Wattley Bridgetown

Saturday, April 21st 2007

RESTING: West Indies captain Brian Lara rests on the pitch during a warm-up session at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados, yesterday. 

Was Brian Lara pushed out, or is he leaving cricket entirely of his own volition?

That is the question still being asked today as Lara prepares to bid West Indies and world cricket goodbye at Kensington Oval in the final Super Eights match of this ICC Cricket World Cup.

For his part, West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Ken Gordon says he wanted Lara to stay on for one more tour.

"If you ask me personally, I would have liked to have seen him perhaps stay on for the English tour," Gordon told the Express yesterday.

"But you have to take other people's views into account and clearly his mind was running in a different direction."

However, it is understood that the West Indies selectors (Gordon Greenidge, Andy Roberts and Clyde Butts), who reportedly met with the WICB boss last week in Grenada, were of a different view and were not considering Lara for the Test and one-day tour of England next month.

Asked about this, the WICB president said: "I have had no formal proposal (from the selectors) but we have been in informal discussions."

He declined, however, to reveal the nature of those discussions.

"I couldn't possibly think of answering that," he said. "I'm prepared to be open with you, but there are limits within which I cannot go."

Instead, Gordon who played an influential role in Lara's return to the captaincy a year ago, painted a different picture.

He said that prior to Thursday afternoon, Lara's decision to retire had not been expected.

"If you had asked me that at the beginning of the match yesterday, I would have said yes, it had come as a surprise," he said.

"But by the time the seventh or eighth wicket had fallen, I got a message that he wanted to see me when the team came off and would I come to meet him.

"I sensed that something was coming. And from that point onward there was no longer the surprise element. Because I knew something would be happening for him to ask me to see him at such short notice and with such urgency."

Told of Lara's decision to retire, Gordon didn't try to change the mind of the champion batsman because he didn't think it was appropriate to do that.

"Clearly Brian has been thinking for some time of his future. He didn't discuss it as though he was thinking about it. He presented me a fait accompli. So I think we must wish him well."

In a interview with ICC media on Thursday, Lara said the decision had been arrived at after "extensive thought and consideration. I just think it's the right time."

This from a man who, prior to the World Cup had spoken about extending his Test career to age 40.

And asked yesterday if he had discussed retirement with Lara prior to his announcement, West Indies coach Bennett King was noncommittal.

"Some things remain private. And discussions I have with Brian remain that way."

The departure of Lara, Test cricket's leading run-scorer of all time and the holder of the world records for the highest individual Test (400 not out) and first-class scores (501 not out) leaves the West Indies team without their most prolific scorer and influential player for the tour of England. A new captain will have to rouse a group just coming off a dismal World Cup campaign.

"It is clearly a fundamental changing of the guard," Gordon conceded.

"Brian Lara has carried West Indies cricket perhaps for two decades and no one can take that away from him.

"People may say lots of things about he's done this and he's done that. But let's understand, there's a price that goes with genius .All our real greats, many of them have tended to be awkward, or people for one reason or another have been critical of them because I suppose they are driven by different forces and they think differently.

"We have to take the whole picture and accept the good with the bad. But overall, I think he's so much more on the plus side. He's been tremendous for West Indies cricket and I'd really like to see us honour that."

According to the Gordon though, Lara has other ideas.

"I indicated to him that I hoped we would be able to find some way to convey our appreciation for him. His view was that he would like to go very quietly."

It is hardly likely, however, that the audience at Kensington today will give Lara a quiet send-off.

www.westindiantube.com

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2007, 12:28:14 AM »
(Gordon Greenidge, Andy Roberts and Clyde Butts)  Look at these back stabbers.  And Garner throwing salt his way too.  Where are the Trinis to defend him?  Deryck Murray?  Bish?  Bernard Julien?  Ranjie?  Dinas?  Simmons?  Logie?  Gray?  Bravo?  Ramdin?  Anybody?  Steups.  There will never be another Lara.  Allyuh speak up please.  He getting pong from Jamaican, Guyanese and Bajan (which is to be expected).  Roberts is jes ah hater period.  He hate everybody.  Ah feel he fishing boat eh ketch nutten.  I never thought I would see this day.  Holding, Roberts, Croft and Garner...spewing venom Lara's way.  Lloyd, Kalli, Rowe, Richards and Haynes eh say nutten.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2007, 01:09:27 AM »
(Gordon Greenidge, Andy Roberts and Clyde Butts) Look at these back stabbers. And Garner throwing salt his way too. Where are the Trinis to defend him? Deryck Murray? Bish? Bernard Julien? Ranjie? Dinas? Simmons? Logie? Gray? Bravo? Ramdin? Anybody? Steups. There will never be another Lara. Allyuh speak up please. He getting pong from Jamaican, Guyanese and Bajan (which is to be expected). Roberts is jes ah hater period. He hate everybody. Ah feel he fishing boat eh ketch nutten. I never thought I would see this day. Holding, Roberts, Croft and Garner...spewing venom Lara's way. Lloyd, Kalli, Rowe, Richards and Haynes eh say nutten.

its sickening... breddah...

God is de BOSS...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2007, 06:26:21 AM »
If yuh from another island, and yuh criticize, that is to be expected - yuh is a hater.
If yuh eh say nutten, yuh is a hater
If yuh doh defend the man, yuh is a hater...

Where are the Trinis to defend him? Deryck Murray? Bish? Bernard Julien? Ranjie? Dinas? Simmons? Logie? Gray? Bravo? Ramdin? Anybody? Steups.

Now that is a question that deserve some closer analysis. Where indeed? Maybe is not only people from the other islands drinking the haterade? They must be all jealous. Haters!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2007, 09:47:46 AM »
Bishop: Let's celebrate him

- Garth Wattley

PAYS TRIBUTE: Ian Bishop

The reaction to Brian Lara's announcement of his imminent retirement from West Indies cricket has been has as divided as have been opinions of his eventful 17-year career.

Callers to talk shows in Barbados yesterday and Thursday were passionate in defence of the champion left-hander's contribution to West Indies cricket, while some ex-players are in agreement with Lara's retirement.

Joel "Big Bird" Garner, former fast bowling great, has been reported as saying: "A captain can only be judged by his success record and that's not good in his case Now we have to take drastic steps to carry West Indies cricket forward."

And Garner's former colleague Michael Holding said Lara's departure was "on the cards. I think Lara knew that at some point he had to leave the game, although, he wanted to carry on for a bit longer. "He had a brilliant career, but, of course, lots of times his captaincy was questioned. Now that he has retired from the game, we have to thank him for what he has given to West Indies cricket, but we also have to look forward."

However, another former ace Windies pacer, Ian Bishop, feels today, Lara's last in West Indies colours, should be a celebration of his career.

"What we should be doing now is celebrating what Lara gave as a batsman," Bishop told the Express.

"We should be celebrating the memories this guy gave to us, ensure that future generations look at Lara the batsman and what he achieved, his artistry."

Bishop, a former Lara teammate at youth and senior level for Trinidad and Tobago and West Indies, had the privilege of seeing the champion left-hander operate at close quarters.

And having done so he said: "I think that Lara was unique. There will never be another."

Going off the long run, Bishop added: "He was artistry embodied. The man's batting exemplified that, from the back-lift to the follow through."

Especially impressive to Bishop was Lara's "mental application to an innings. He's mentally the strongest cricketer that I have known.

"I don't know we will ever see someone who will surpass him in all those qualities. But in future we will certainly provide another or more cricketers who will light up the world stage. (But) I don't know if anybody in world cricket will be able to be the package that Lara was as a batsman."

Speculation over the motivation for Lara's retirement announcement at the end of Thursday's Super Eights match against Bangladesh has continued.

But Bishop said he hoped the outgoing captain of West Indies had truly been given the chance to go gracefully.

"With every player there should be dialogue and I would sincerely hope there was dialogue," Bishop said.

As for Windies cricket's future without the champion left-hander, Bishop refused to be pessimistic.

"It would be foolhardy to believe that we will now become the No.1 team in the world or that we will become a nonentity. I don't think that is the case.

"We have a great opportunity to move forward now even more because great players come and go. Now is the time for other players to fill the void."

www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2007, 09:48:41 AM »
Murray: He did it with style

Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board chief executive officer and general secretary Forbes Persaud said he was "surprised" and "found it strange" that star batsman Brian Lara announced his retirement from international cricket.

Lara made the announcement Thursday after West Indies' World Cup Super Eights game against Bangladesh at Kensington Oval, Barbados, saying: "I have given this extensive consideration and on Saturday I will be bidding farewell to international cricket as a player," with his final game against England today at the same venue.

The news has generated a range of divergent emotional views. Persaud's reaction was one of shock.

"I was surprised to hear him retire because I still feel Brian has a lot of cricket under his belt," he said. "I knew he was going to resign from ODIs but I was under the impression he was going to stay on. I found it very strange that he made that sudden and abrupt decision to resign. I really don't know what prompted it."

Persaud speculated that pressure and poor performances during the World Cup may have influenced his decision, but he remained "confused" by this dramatic turn of events.

The T&TCB official warned that the authorities around West Indies cricket must now focus on the way forward through deep introspection and analysis.

"We now have a very young team," he said, "and we need to re-group and put things in place. Even the whole management of the team needs to be looked at, from the technical aspect and the coaching one. We need to address that."

T&TCB president Deryck Murray issued his reaction through a press release.

Saying that the retiring West Indies skipper enjoyed "an illustrious international career", Murray added that Lara has proven himself to be among the premier batsmen of all time and his world records "are testimony to an extraordinary talent".

"A wonderfully gifted batsman, Lara possessed the unique ability to build a mammoth score without sacrificing his flair and artistry with the bat. His powers of concentration allowed him to attain the huge targets he set himself and, to the delight of the spectators, he did it with style," Murray commented.

On a personal note, Murray said he saw Lara progress from the little boy in the "first net at the Harvard Clinic to the outstanding batsman of his time".

"All Trinidad and Tobago and West Indies supporters bask in the reflected light of his achievements."

He concluded by saying: "As Lara takes his final bow on the international stage, we join in extending best wishes for his future. I trust that in the future he will find it possible to continue to make a contribution to Trinidad and Tobago and West Indies cricket."

www.westindiantube.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »
Lara was batting 0-2. He is Trini. Trinis eh like Trinis and the region eh like we. So he did not have a pray.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2007, 07:28:48 PM »
Ah hope Michael Holding and Colin Croft go be happy they geh what they wanted leh we see who they go blame now  .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2007, 08:36:19 PM »

I was fortunate enough to meet Lara back in 95 at the "court store" in downtown chaguanas....He was signing autographs ...and being a passionate cricket fan I had alot planned to ask the boss...but when I finally met him...I did not even remember my last name..(of course I was a kid back then, and was star-struck at the moment)...I used to get up early in the morning and stay up late at nights to see Windies play around the world....The thought of missing a Lara innings was dreadful....I remember the day he pulled Chris lewis for four in 94, therefore breaking Sobers record.........I remember the day he devoured Glenn Mcgrath with an unbeaten 153 (in 1999) in Barbados...I .remember how he used to make shane warne look like a rookie in Aus.....I remember how he stood alone in Sri Lanka (in 2002) when his teammates failed him shamelessly throughout the tournament.....I remember how he faced criticism for protesting with the players because of unfair salaries..(and still admire him for dat)...remeber alot of things from Lara....and I remember his recent opening for the beginning construction of the youth sport complex in Santa Cruz...(shows he intends to give back to his community...cant forget the cancer center and everything else this man did for our country...whether it be on the cricket field or not....Now ah going and listen again to dat SuperBlue tune from back in 95..."Signal to Lara"

and yes would never forget how this man has being scoring 42% of the Windies runs these last couple years and still being criticised as the reason for the lack of team effort by the Windies team!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 08:40:08 PM by problemjaydeess »
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2007, 11:37:11 AM »

.........I remember the day he devoured Glenn Mcgrath with an unbeaten 153 (in 1999) in Barbados...I .remember how he used to make shane warne look like a rookie in Aus.....I remember how he stood alone in Sri Lanka (in 2002) when his teammates failed him shamelessly throughout the tournament.....I remember how he faced criticism for protesting with the players because of unfair salaries..(and still admire him for dat)...remeber alot of things from Lara....and I remember his recent opening for the beginning construction of the youth sport complex in Santa Cruz...(shows he intends to give back to his community...cant forget the cancer center and everything else this man did for our country...whether it be on the cricket field or not

...and yes would never forget how this man has being scoring 42% of the Windies runs these last couple years and still being criticised as the reason for the lack of team effort by the Windies team!!
Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!  Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!  Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!  Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!  Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2007, 02:36:03 PM »
Hear de bitch nah.

April 19, 2007

Please!!!!!!!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2007, 02:42:02 PM »
Is now I want trinidad to go it alone and make lara the coach,you no how long trinidad fitting the bill for West Indies cricket and look at the lousy deal we get during this World Cup............

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2007, 03:17:30 PM »
Is now I want trinidad to go it alone and make lara the coach,you no how long trinidad fitting the bill for West Indies cricket and look at the lousy deal we get during this World Cup............
Ent!!!
we TTCBC to me is one of the better run organisations in the whole country
even though Alloy was like ah dictator..now we seeing the fruits of long time planning.
with the success of we youth teams, we sure have a brighter future than most other islands
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2007, 03:19:47 PM »

I agree with yuh..

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=27031.0
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2007, 08:25:23 PM »
Today ah waz listenin to i95 fm and ah woman from JA called they say dey doz call she princess lara she iz ah professior in dey university up dey in JA and she talk and spoke she heart out  , to the end she ask for them to play for she the chune  he iz ah hero when ah hear the chune so terase come  in mae eyes becaz it waz  so touchin becaz the force the man out .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2007, 11:05:51 PM »
That lady is Dr. Christine Cummings she teaches at the Mona campus of the UWI my alma mata. She does a course on media and and sport. For my research paper I did the role of sport in personal development and she was a great resource person. By the time my sister went she taught that media course which she took as she was doin Mass communications. By that time she had gotten her PHd

In 1994 she was in Antigua interviewing Viv for her paper and at the end of day 1 she told Lara he would break Sobers record he asked her if she was maddddddddd.

She had to leave for JA on the monday so she did not see it but she by far is Lara's numero uno fan. She post all the time on CaribbeanCricket.com. They even have a LPA the Lara Protection Agency for all the haters and their are many on that site.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>