March 29, 2024, 03:08:56 AM

Author Topic: T&T roster announced for U-17 final round in Jamaica.  (Read 9896 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T roster announced for U-17 final round in Jamaica.
« on: April 20, 2007, 04:48:20 AM »
T&T roster announced for U-17 final round in Jamaica.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s National under 17 footballers, vying for a spot in the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Championship, will go into their final live-in training camp on home soil at the Chaconia Inn from Friday less than a week ahead of their departure for Kingston, Jamaica.
The local team of 20 players to contest the final round of the CONCACAF final qualifying round from April 28 to May 6 was announced by head coach Anton Corneal as he related the fact that he will be taking a squad of players that have been part of the national set up for at least two years. Only three players forward Marcus Joseph, midfielder Micah Lewis and midfielder Kevin Molino have been with the squad for six months. The rest of the squad have played for T&T at the Under 15 level and have been together since 2005. The TTFF began its screening in October 2004 and both Technical Director Lincoln Phillips and Corneal said back then that the process was to discover players for development teams for 2007.
“It’s all on the end of a process that we have stuck to with some of these same players making up the original Under 15 team that played in the CFU Youth Cup in 2005 and have graduated to the Under 17 level. Now the major test is going into the final round of qualification for the World Championship,” Corneal told TTFF Media.
The players omitted from the squad that has been in preparations include forwards Daniel Joseph who has a hamstring injury, defender Adrian Hall, forwards Franz Husbands and Jerrel Brito. The trio of Joseph, Brito and Husbands are three of the five strikers Corneal had in his training squad which means that a couple others may be rotate to fill the void if and when required.
The regulars such as TTFF Youth “Player of the Year” for 2006 Leston Paul, Chad De Freitas, captain Jesse Fullerton, striker Stephen Knox, defenders Robert Primus and Jean Luc Rochford, midfielder Sean De Silva and central midfielder Chike Sullivan have all made the cut.
“This is the squad that we have come up with after months of preparation and close observation,” Corneal added. “We have tried to play teams that are a few years older than us because we have also played those closer to our age group and beaten them. We played W Connection’s Reserve team and won 1-0. We felt there was a need to get stronger physical challenges hence we went for the teams with more senior players. This allowed the boys to get a feel of what it would be like to play with added intensity and vigor,” he said.
The team lost 2-0 to Harvard in a training encounter with Mervyn Moore and Kareem Freitas scoring before the break on Thursday but Corneal is well aware that though his team pressured and created sufficient scoring possibilities to warrant a win, coming up against the likes of Costa Rica (April 28), USA (April 30), Canada (May 4) and Jamaica (May 6) will require less flaws and better finishing as they seek to be among the three countries from the group that will advance to the FIFA Under 17 World Championship in Korea in August.
“We know every game will be a tough one but we will start with Costa Rica first. That’s our main focus at the moment. We have seen what they look like and we got some practice against the Mexicans who faced them as well. We have a fair idea as to how the Americans and Canada play and we can expect them to be technically sound and solid at the youth level as they usually are. We have faced Jamaica before and even though we got the better of them last time it is anyone’s guess that they could be different this time around and they could be thinking the same as us. Everything will tell in the tournament,” Corneal assured.

T&T Under 17 team for Final Round

Goalkeepers[/b]
Jesse Fullerton (Cypress Bay High School, Florida), Glenroy Samuel (San Juan Jabloteh).

Defenders
Robert Primus (San Juan Jabloteh), Aubrey Davis (Vessigny Government), Jean Luc Rochford (Joe Public), Brenton Balbosa (Defence Force), Stephen Chang (San Juan Jabloteh), Ryan O’Neil (Defence Force), Sheldon Bateau (San Juan Jabloteh).

Midfielders
Akeem Adams (W Connection), Daneil Cyrus (Stokely Vale FC), Chike Sullivan (San Juan Jabloteh), Micah Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Chad De Freitas (Superstar Rangers), Kevin Molino (San Juan Jabloteh), Sean De Silva (Superstar Rangers), Leston Paul (Defence Force).

Forwards
Marcus Joseph (United Petrotrin), Stephen Knox (San Juan Jabloteh), Isaiah Ferguson (New York Red Bulls).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 05:05:03 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: T&T roster announced for U-17 final round in Jamaica.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 04:52:08 AM »
We carrying more goalkeepers than strikers? ??? ??? :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 04:57:14 AM »
I believe that he going out there to play a defensive game. 2 strikers ???

If we draw all we games and somebodey loss 2 we in. BS

I think we should have had atlease 3 strikers. Dat is we type ah game
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 04:59:40 AM »
Harvard whip Young Warriors.
By: Ian Prescott.

Coach Anton Corneal used yesterday's warm-up match against Harvard, a National Super League club, to reshuffle his pack a bit, after losing striker Daniel Joseph to injury, mere days before the Young Warriors depart for Jamaica to contest Group B of the 2007 CONCACAF qualifiers for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup Korea Republic 2007.
Trinidad and Tobago, Canada, Costa Rica, the United States and hosts Jamaica will battle for three places to the world tournament. Already, Caribbean champions Haiti and Honduras have qualified out of Group A to go to the Korean Republic.
Yesterday, the Young Warriors looked in need of much work when beaten 2-0 by Harvard at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
Corneal definitely has some problems up front, as his players rarely threatened their opponents' goal. Harvard's two goals came in the first half, Mervyn Moore putting them ahead in the tenth minute with a close chip over T&T custodian Jesse Fullerton, and Kareem Freitas, their 20-year-old left-winger, doubled his team's score at 2-0 in the 43rd minute when curling the ball inside the far post direct from a corner-kick.
Under the watchful eyes of T&T Under-17 coaches Corneal and assistant Hutson Charles, the Young Warriors gave a more intense second half performance, but still looked toothless in attack.
Corneal recognised that Joseph's loss is a body blow to his team, since the young striker had been a starter for the team during the last two years and is his speediest and most technically-gifted attacker.
"It will affect us in that he is the quickest of the strikers . He is also one with the most experience and played in the friendly matches against Mexico and Honduras. He has also been a starter the last two years," Corneal said, while announcing that either Daniel Cyrus or Kevin Molino would fill the gap up front.
Corneal also used yesterday's game with Harvard as preparation for his team's opening match against Costa Rica which takes place next Saturday from 4 p.m. at the Jamaica National Stadium.
"While all the matches will be tough, it is important to get a good result in the first game against Costa Rica," Corneal said. "We looked at the Costa Rica team on DVD and saw how they played a lot of high pressure against Honduras in a friendly match. Honduras was not able to get out their half. We expect Costa Rica to come with the same thing, and we wanted to work on that against Harvard."
The national under-17s go into camp today, before leaving on Wednesday for Jamaica.
Just back from a preliminary trip to Jamaica, the national youth coach is encouraged by the recent qualification of both Caribbean champions Haiti and Honduras, who Trinidad and Tobago had close defeats to in recent months. He said T&T were able to closely match both opponents.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 05:02:23 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 05:03:55 AM »
Chad could play upfront

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 05:17:38 AM »
How much scouting was really done that what i would like to know
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 01:28:32 PM by DWarriorMan »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 05:34:32 AM »
Costa Rica U-17

1 Luis Bolaños Rodríguez, 2 Verny Ramírez Suárez, 3 Roy Smith Lewis, 4 Francis Godínez, García, 5 Esteban Luna Soto, 6 Michael Jiménez Muñoz, 7 Diego Brenes Gutiérrez, 8 David Guzmán Pérez, 9 Jorge Alejandro Castro Salazar, 10 Julio Ibarra Acosta, 11 Jessy Peralta Chávez, 12 Bruno Castro Zumbado, 13 Erick Rojas Blanco, 14 Bryan Oviedo Jiménez, 15 Leonardo Santana Chávez, 16 Marcos Ureña Porras, 17 Stanley Jiménez Rodríguez, 18 Miguel Brenes Espinoza.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 06:00:19 AM »
Harvard whip Young Warriors.
By: Ian Prescott.

Yesterday, the Young Warriors looked in need of much work when beaten 2-0 by Harvard at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
Corneal definitely has some problems up front, as his players rarely threatened their opponents' goal.

Under the watchful eyes of T&T Under-17 coaches Corneal and assistant Hutson Charles, the Young Warriors gave a more intense second half performance, but still looked toothless in attack.

Corneal recognised that Joseph's loss is a body blow to his team, since the young striker had been a starter for the team during the last two years and is his speediest and most technically-gifted attacker.
"It will affect us in that he is the quickest of the strikers . He is also one with the most experience and played in the friendly matches against Mexico and Honduras. He has also been a starter the last two years," Corneal said, while announcing that either Daniel Cyrus or Kevin Molino would fill the gap up front.

Now ah ask this before eh and ah want to ask again.....it is said that this team has been together for a while.  I myself have not seen them play but from what ah reading here, if we don't do well in this tournament who or what we going to blame??.

If we do well and qualify.....well alright.....I would love that....BUT....ah eh like what ah reading and hearing.....as far as I know, this team hasn't been beating teams left, right and centre.....
Ah just pondering.....

However, good luck boys.....ah goh be cheering fuh de Red, White and Black....doh get tie up.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 06:40:43 AM »
yes  chad and molino are strikers also.....recently they were converted to midfield....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 07:10:57 AM »
The performance of this team will be a good Yard stick to see if Phillips and Corneal are capable of developing local talent to compete in Concacaf,
majority of the team has been tring for 3 Years in which time they have gone on several tours and been exposed to several international level competition.

Lets see the performance

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 07:23:23 AM »
Lincoln Phillips started off this team, but remember he was cut by the TTFF a while now.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »
All the best to the U17 boys, go out there and do your best, dais all we can ask at this point.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 04:36:15 PM »
could anyone say how franz husbands is not on that team ? If you were to go by results and goals I dont think there are many players who score as much as he does. I am not there to see so i cant criticise anyone but i was wondering if anyone at home can shed light on this ....
by the way the world champions  failed to qualify so mexico will not be defending their titile this year ...we seem to be basing a lot on our performance against this mexican team which the mexicans have deemed a sorry bunch .

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 04:40:11 PM »
could anyone say how franz husbands is not on that team ? If you were to go by results and goals I dont think there are many players who score as much as he does. I am not there to see so i cant criticise anyone but i was wondering if anyone at home can shed light on this ....
by the way the world champions  failed to qualify so mexico will not be defending their titile this year ...we seem to be basing a lot on our performance against this mexican team which the mexicans have deemed a sorry bunch .

He is injured, as is mentioned in the article at the top of this page.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 06:09:16 PM »

He is injured, as is mentioned in the article at the top of this page.

Big Up!

"The players omitted from the squad that has been in preparations include forwards Daniel Joseph who has a hamstring injury."
Quote from the above article.

Daniel Joseph is injured. Franz Husbands was dropped.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 08:22:08 PM »
T&T ROSTER ANNOUNCED FOR U17 FINAL ROUND IN JAMAICA... Ferguson makes the cut 
T&T Under 17 team for Final Round

Goalkeepers – Jesse Fullerton (Cypress Bay High School, Florida), Glenroy Samuel (San Juan Jabloteh)

Defenders – Robert Primus (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh),  Aubrey Davis (Vessigny Government), Jean Luc Rochford (Joe Public), Brenton Balbosa (Defence Force), Stephen Chang (San Juan Jabloteh), Ryan O’Neil (Defence Force), Sheldon Bateau (San Juan Jabloteh)

Midfielders – Akeem Adams (W Connection), Daneil Cyrus (Stokelyvale FC), Chike Sullivan (San Juan Jabloteh),  Micah Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Chad De Freitas (Superstar Rangers), Kevin Molino (San Juan Jabloteh), Sean De Silva (Superstar Rangers), Leston Paul (Defence Force).

Forwards –  Marcus Joseph (Petrotrin), Stephen Knox (San Juan Jabloteh), Isaiah Ferguson (New York Red Bulls)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 06:49:38 AM »
Joseph is critical player to this side. My biggest issue with this team is the lack of depth especially in attack. They have great potential and I know that they will do well in Jamaica.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 02:13:15 PM »
yeah they should

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 02:35:12 PM »
yeah they should

Do you think we will grab one of the three spots available?
Quite frankly, I don't see us beating any of the following teams:
1 Costa Rica
2 US
3 Canada

I hope I am very wrong!!

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 02:37:57 PM »
yeah they should

1 Costa Rica
2 US
3 Canada

I hope I am very wrong!!

Quite frankly I see us beating all those three teams.....have you seen those three teams play recently?
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 03:06:51 PM »
yeah they should

1 Costa Rica
2 US
3 Canada

I hope I am very wrong!!

Quite frankly I see us beating all those three teams.....have you seen those three teams play recently?

No I have not seen any of the teams I have mentioned above play recently. I do know, however, that each of them always come prepared.

In this instance, we have done a much better job of preparing our team before the bell rings. But, my friend, there is still a huge gulf between us and each of those teams. We have not yet proved, on the field, that we are closing that gap.

Mabe we will start in this tornament. I love your confidence though.
And I sincerly hope you are correct. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 05:41:14 PM »
USA Roster for final round

Roster by Position
GOALKEEPERS (2): Josh Lambo (Middleton, Wis.), Zac MacMath (St. Petersburg, Fla.);
DEFENDERS (5): Mykell Bates (Roseville, Calif.), Tommy Meyer (St. Louis, Mo.), Howard Turk (Fairfax, Va.), Sheanon Williams (Boston, Mass.), Brandon Zimmerman (Pasco, Wash.);
MIDFIELDERS (9): Alex Dixon (Humble, Texas), Bryan Dominguez (Atlanta, Ga.), Greg Garza (Grapevine, Texas), Jared Jeffrey (Dallas, Texas), Brendan King (Naperville, Ill.), Nick Millington (Raleigh, N.C.), Jesse Paredes (Los Angeles, Calif.), Dane Shea (College Station, Texas), Daniel Wenzel (Federal Way, Wash.);
FORWARDS (4): Abdusalam Ibrahim (Richfield, Minn.), Ellis McLoughlin (Seattle, Wash.), Alex Nimo (Portland, Ore.), Billy Schuler (Allentown, N.J.)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 03:09:32 AM »
We carrying more goalkeepers than strikers? ??? ??? :devil:
I see 2 goalies and 3 strikers listed in the squad, and a couple of the guys named as midfielders can play up front.  Am I missing something?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 03:22:26 AM »
yeah they edited the original post there was 3 Goalkeepers listed. Ah guess dey have seen the error of thier ways ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 03:33:13 AM »

Roster by Position
GOALKEEPERS (2): Josh Lambo (Middleton, Wis.), Zac MacMath (St. Petersburg, Fla.);
DEFENDERS (5): Mykell Bates (Roseville, Calif.), Tommy Meyer (St. Louis, Mo.), Howard Turk (Fairfax, Va.), Sheanon Williams (Boston, Mass.), Brandon Zimmerman (Pasco, Wash.);
MIDFIELDERS (9): Alex Dixon (Humble, Texas), Bryan Dominguez (Atlanta, Ga.), Greg Garza (Grapevine, Texas), Jared Jeffrey (Dallas, Texas), Brendan King (Naperville, Ill.), Nick Millington (Raleigh, N.C.), Jesse Paredes (Los Angeles, Calif.), Dane Shea (College Station, Texas), Daniel Wenzel (Federal Way, Wash.);
FORWARDS (4): Abdusalam Ibrahim (Richfield, Minn.), Ellis McLoughlin (Seattle, Wash.), Alex Nimo (Portland, Ore.), Billy Schuler (Allentown, N.J.)

Go here to see which clubs these kids play for:

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_281888.html

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 04:11:39 AM »

Roster by Position

Go here to see which clubs these kids play for:

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_281888.html

So, what?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 05:47:12 AM »
Just some more info to help you prepare for the whoopin' you're going to get next Monday.

8)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Two overseas-based players join Young Boyz.
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 05:58:22 AM »
Two overseas-based players join Young Boyz.
By:" Livingston Scott, Observer Reporter.

Two overseas-based players - Jermaine Jarrett and Yannick Salmon - have joined Jamaica's Under-17 football squad, which is in the last stages of preparations ahead of the final round of the CONCACAF FIFA Under-17 World Cup qualifying tournament and coach David Hunt believes they will make positive contributions.
Jarrett, who joined up with the group yesterday, hails from Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Connecticut, while Salmon, who arrived on Monday, attends Westbury High School in Long Island, USA.
"One is the former captain, Jarrett, and Yanique has toured with us... three occasions... he also played against Mexico," Hunt said during a training session at the Constant Spring Sports Complex yesterday.
"He's (Salmon) a very good player, one who came at his own expense and he has fitted in perfectly. He's a very strong player who'll give us a lot of options as he can play in different positions," Hunt added.
Technical director Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic was present at yesterday's session, and after going through their technical workout with Milutinovic, coach Hunt said the players were eager to start the tournament as they expect to do their country proud.
The squad currently comprises 26 players and although the tournament is a mere days away, Hunt is in no hurry to trim the outfit.
"It's important to keep the 26 players because you can never tell what will happen. We have up to 48 hours to name the squad and 24 hours to replace any injured player," he said.
Hunt also appealed to the public to turn out to support the team.
Jamaica will host the USA, Canada, Costa Rica and Trinidad & Tobago for one of the three available spots.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>