April 28, 2024, 04:27:17 PM

Author Topic: Daddy should blame/slap daughter not Akon......steupssssss!!!!!!  (Read 31032 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Pastor in Disgust with Akon's Behaviour.
Source: Trinidad Express

Pastor Dave Alleyne of the Flaming Word Ministry of Chaguanas has come to the Defence of his 14-year-old daughter whose raunchy dance with international superstar Akon of Senegal can be seen worldwide on youtube.

Alleyne describes the racy dance video of his 14-year-old daughter and Akon as "atrocious" but said that Deena was taken advantage of when she attended a concert at which Akon, a hip hop and R&b artiste was featured.

Alleyne said, "she likes dancing and won a competition" but she became a victim in a situation where she had no control.

Deena was filmed dancing with the superstar during his performance at the Zen Nightclub last Thursday in Port of Spain.

She had won the first stage of a competition which carried prizes, including a "free trip" to Africa.

There was however no free trip to Africa as at the end of the competition, Akon said he was Africa.

In defense of his daughter, Alleyne says children are exposed to pop culture and are fascinated by pop stars.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Re: Daddy should blame/slap daughter not Akon......steupssssss!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »
Two things...

First off, what the hell a 14 year girl doing in Zen? When I was 14 I was still watching movies and/or playing video games with my brother late at night. I did not see a "real" party until 18/19 years old and back in my times violence wasnt a big issue as it is now. The most me and my brother use to go was we little $1 Jam, Frolic and Bazzar.  ;D

Secondly, base on the video on youtube, this girl is obviously more developed than other 14 year old. Why her parents have her exposed to such vice and going out looking like that? She could easily get men in trouble because I would have guess that she was maybe 22-24.  :devil:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:48:58 AM »
Is ah common thing for dem lil girl to lie and say they goin one place and end up another
I'm sure she didnt leave her house lookin like dat..probably changed at a friends house

I doh know how old you are but 14 year olds now and 14 year olds back then is like night and day..

you pay ONE dollar to go to ah bazzar?...when was dat? de 1950's?
How much was for de bran tub and chair plane in your days?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »
Is ah common thing for dem lil girl to lie and say they goin one place and end up another
I'm sure she didnt leave her house lookin like dat..probably changed at a friends house

I doh know how old you are but 14 year olds now and 14 year olds back then is like night and day..you pay ONE dollar to go to ah bazzar?...when was dat? de 1950's?
How much was for de bran tub and chair plane in your days?
to an extent yes. but i think it depends on where you were raised yes. cause growing up i know it had some padnas ah mine...that about alllyuh age now that use to do some kinda thing.
the badess and dem when i was young wasnt easy also.
i guess dat is to do with parenitng also.
i use to lime form young but with in reason and thank god had meh moms to guide meh and ah lil head on meh shoulder.
but is a combination of more than one factor
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 05:31:14 PM »
pastor need to tend to he flock more carefully.it have alot ah wolves out thereeeeee. :devil: :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pastor's daughter: I'm done with hip hop
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 10:29:41 PM »
Trinidad Express
Pastor's daughter: I'm done with hip hop
Deena plans to dance for the Lord now
Kristy Ramnarine kramnarine@trinidadexpress.com

Saturday, April 21st 2007

Deena and brother, Ian Alleyne, president of the T&T Crime Watch Association,

Deena Alleyne says she is sorry for her raunchy dancing with Senegal-born US artiste Akon at the Zen nightclub on Thursday.

A video clip of the act was posted on the YouTube-Broadcast Yourself website but later pulled after a notification to YouTube by Universal Music Group, which claimed that showing the material was copyright infringment.

Konvict Muzik, a record label owned and founded by Akon, is a subsidiary label of Universal Records. Universal Music Group owns the American record label.

The clip was also highly publicised on other websites including Vh1 in the United States and Metro in the United Kingdom.

"This whole hip hop thing is a guise and I don't want any part of it, I don't want to be any part of it," said Alleyne during an interview at Chaguanas yesterday.

"Look at what I have to go through with one mistake that I made. My dad warned me every time and I didn't listen. I am sorry.

"Every time he warned me. Everyday my dad would say 'it is not for you, it is not for you, you do not have to go this way', but I refused to listen.

"I don't want any part of it, not only Zen, everything. The whole hip hop thing, music and clubbing, I don't want to be part of it."

Alleyne told the Express that an older friend purchased the ticket for her to attend the event last week. During an interview on Thursday, owner of the Zen nightclub, Johnny Soong said the age limit for the event was 18 years and over.

"I know a lot of my friends who were my age and were there," she said.

"They asked for ID in VIP because you have to be 21 years and over to go up in VIP, but anyone was allowed to go in the general admission area."

The teenager who admitted that her biggest passion is dancing said she thought that she was only taking part in a normal dance competition.

"I thought it was going to be normal," Alleyne said.

"I got carried away, I started to dance as well but I never thought it was going to be like that. I was shocked, my head was hitting the floor.

"I got carried away in the spotlight, and with the crowd cheering. Everything was so fast, it was so quick."

She said after the competition she felt really bad but everyone was congratulating her.

"When I went off the stage, everyone came telling me thanks for representing. You did well. That was so good. So I felt a little ease afterwards like, okay, it wasn't that bad after all," Alleyne added.

She described the past week as the worst in her life and wished that she could change it.

She said her father, pastor Dave Alleyne, did not know she attended the club and only learned of it after seeing a picture of her in the newspaper last week.

"He saw the pictures and I told him about it as well because I did not want him to hear it from anyone," she said.

"But when he saw the video it really did take a toll on him. He always warned me about this. He doesn't allow me to go to parties, he would always say 'it is not for you, it is not for you'."

Alleyne has been criticised by many for her lewd dancing at the Zen nightclub.

However, she said her classmates and the members of her church are being very supportive.

"There were two teachers who came and spoke to me and they really stood by me and told me that it was a mistake I made and that I would learn from it," she said.

Alleyne said she plans to continue with her school studies and focus on spending more time with her family.

As for her love of dancing she plans on joining the dance ministry in her father's church, Flaming Word Ministry and use her talent to serve God.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 09:10:52 AM by Patterson »

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 11:19:40 PM »
Now she's daddy little innocent girl....

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 06:46:39 AM »
the pt is we hadda hope she learn form the incident. she far form innocent lil gyul. but better she learn now. than u see she in dad n sons holding down a pole and capo and chinne smiling broad and wavign they singles lol  ;D
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 09:02:05 AM »
in de next 3 years she go run away with a 30 year old man who wukkin taxi.  :devil:

the pt is we hadda hope she learn form the incident. she far form innocent lil gyul. but better she learn now. than u see she in dad n sons holding down a pole and capo and chinne smiling broad and wavign they singles lol  ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 11:35:39 AM »
innocent...please...look at that girl face...she is trouble

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 01:09:13 PM »
What I am not hearing in any of this is that Akon basically assaulted that girl. It's all well and good to talk about the girl's character and judgment, but really, what about Akon? Whether she was 14 or 40, are we saying that it is OK for a guy to carry on so with a woman (any woman) in public like that? Does anyone REALLY think that she expected that level of violence to be associated with a "dance" or a "little wine"?? Even if she did, does that make it right? Is anyone suggesting that she "look fuh dat"? I wouldn't lie... I was REALLY bothered when I saw that video... bothered about that girl/woman who would carry on so on a stage, but even more bothered that a grown man would do that shit to another human being. Let's keep it balanced.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 01:50:27 PM »
hm, u right dread...akon take advantage. i personally ent listening to that man music anymore and i hope if he ever have the gall to go back trinidad that trinis pelt him with toilet paper (cause he is a shythead). 

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 03:18:53 PM »
akon eh know how to treat women dais plain to see

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 05:07:53 PM »
What I am not hearing in any of this is that Akon basically assaulted that girl. It's all well and good to talk about the girl's character and judgment, but really, what about Akon? Whether she was 14 or 40, are we saying that it is OK for a guy to carry on so with a woman (any woman) in public like that? Does anyone REALLY think that she expected that level of violence to be associated with a "dance" or a "little wine"?? Even if she did, does that make it right? Is anyone suggesting that she "look fuh dat"? I wouldn't lie... I was REALLY bothered when I saw that video... bothered about that girl/woman who would carry on so on a stage, but even more bothered that a grown man would do that shit to another human being. Let's keep it balanced.

:applause: :applause:
you know it strange eh
in another thread similar to this one, people voiced their opinion about Akon and said he assaulted this girl on the stage, and got lamblasted because this is suppose to be "our culture" - she look for that and so on

now its a different tune in this thread...
interesting interesting

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 05:10:54 PM »
very GOOD point Cantona007
another thing is
why do we have to talk about slapping anyone
just promoting an assault
Treat people with respect and maybe they respond in kind
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 05:23:46 PM »

you make a very good point......and akon would most likely walk away from this.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 06:36:55 PM »
Ah wonder if wen dem 14 yr old go the bar if  the bar man doz ask for ID or jus look for money ,beside that they 14 yr old chilren have no right in any night club sound to me like it have no law to protect the youth from being taken advantage of .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 09:13:10 PM »
Akon is a self-professed muslim and practices polygamy, having 3 wives

just throwing dat in, interpret that however you may

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 08:49:51 AM »
she with some friends in some party

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 08:54:26 AM »
so would YOU like to have pictures of your daughter splashed across the internet like this
easy nuh

I know allya going and say you found it on her Space or what ever it is called but lets be grown ups about it here nuh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 08:58:54 AM »
Steeps aye she  pic was in the papers and on  trini scene with akon picking she up etc so ease off..... Plus westcoast the internet is public domain ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 09:01:37 AM »
Akon is a self-professed muslim and practices polygamy, having 3 wives

just throwing dat in, interpret that however you may

so he have room for a 4th ent? ???

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 10:45:46 AM »
alyuh check i95fm umbala dealing with the same topic zen night club

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 11:08:54 AM »
I 95 direct audio link
http://www.i955fm.com/nowplaying.aspx

a caller is saying it is the school problem when kids buy tickets in uniform
I believe that it is the Night Club that should be checking the age.

now he talking about calling a woman a "Thing"
now they are talking abut a function at Country Club ???
maybe should be a different show
nothing to do with under age people in Clubs

« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 11:24:42 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2007, 12:31:55 PM »
Hinds calls for legal action against Akon
Ruth Osman

Sunday, April 22nd 2007

Minister in the Ministry of National Security Fitzgerald Hinds has called for legal action to be taken against R&B/ hip hop star, Akon.

During a recent performance at Club Zen, the entertainer "dry-humped" Deena Alleyne, 14.

The act, which imitated sexual intercourse has opened a national debate on who should bear the most blame for the incident.

"Akon means 'convict' and I feel he should be a 'convict' in Trinidad and Tobago," Hinds said, "having possibly committed a criminal offence of lewd dancing in public".

The minister was speaking to the media after the PNM general council at Balisier House, Port of Spain, yesterday.

He called Deena "young and wild and stupid", but berated those present for not coming to her aid.

"Notwithstanding her stupidity, she deserved the protection of adults. And I saw adults in that function cheering on that convict," he said.

Club owner, Johnny Soong, also came under fire from the minister, who said that he should ensure that the legal age limit (18) is enforced.

"This country has been good to him (Soong) and his forbears ... and they owe it to this country, in the spaces they create for entertainment, to protect the young, foolish people of this nation from themselves and the likes of 'Kon'," he said.

Hinds expressed his intention of dealing with the issue in Parliament on Wednesday during his contribution to the Equal Opportunity debate.

only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2007, 12:48:31 PM »
Hear this minister the person who should get fine is The club owner ......

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2007, 02:37:43 PM »
 I personally cant see how Akon should be blame for what went on in the club any body to to carry the blame iz the club owner for allowing minors in his club .

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2007, 06:20:51 PM »
allyuh ppl ah lil too hard on akon...de man musbe watch one two passa passa clips on youtube n think say wat he saw in jamaica represents de caribbean  :devil:

is not akon tuh blame nah is de ppl responsible fuh zen n she parents
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2007, 07:52:03 PM »
Yuh know the onll thing ah blaming Akon for iz the disrespect of the black woman but  anything after that iz the owner of ZEN night club .

1]; } ?>