March 29, 2024, 06:17:48 AM

Author Topic: Daddy should blame/slap daughter not Akon......steupssssss!!!!!!  (Read 30766 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: Daddy should blame/slap daughter not Akon......steupssssss!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2007, 08:03:08 PM »
jus imagin that happen here in USA wah alyuh feel might happen .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2007, 08:07:36 PM »
jus imagin that happen here in USA wah alyuh feel might happen .
If it reaches to the media (like what happened at Club Zen) then the state authorities will most likely shut the Club down...America have strict laws regarding underage kids being given access to clubs that serve alcohol...Now I know there are clubs who go around these laws but they are only taking  risks so they can generate income and they know dat they will only be caught if something serious was to happen at the Club (like Zen)...I know alot of Clubs that got shut down for stuff like this when I used to live in N.Y..
 and of course alot of clubs get shut down for re-accuring violence that happened at the clubs
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:29:15 PM by problemjaydeess »
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »
I kinda know what you mean but lets be fair
sometimes even dem lawyers in de Attorney general dept does take their time to consider all aspects of the law to aply it to some situations.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2007, 08:20:03 PM »

Licks...I have to agree with triniman about the lewd dancing.  Whether it paid or not it is still illegal....we talking law not morals.

And WC..as bad as this was...we should try to keep things accurate.  By the definition you gave (not even trini law BTW) it is not molestation.  Unless u want to argue provocative dancing is sexual activity and I don't believe that will hold up in court.

This thing is snowballing and people getting into a frenzy when they should just pipe down...leave the damn girl alone instead of further victimizing her like a pack of hungry wolves.

Akon and the owner of Zen have enough legal (and political...better believe) clout to survive this.  Right about now it is being blown way out of proportion.  The PM should not have been drawn into this by Hinds and his foolish opportunism.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2007, 08:45:58 PM »
And WC..as bad as this was...we should try to keep things accurate.  By the definition you gave (not even trini law BTW) it is not molestation.  Unless u want to argue provocative dancing is sexual activity and I don't believe that will hold up in court.

Ok, thanks for that DCS, but what I probably should have said is that the laws are meant to protect the innocent/underage members of society and yes I know she is a wild child but that is why the laws are there. Adults HAVE to take responsibilty.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 08:48:34 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2007, 08:55:51 PM »
Ok I definitly agree with you when u put it like that.   :beermug:

The other thing that is disturbing me more than anything else at this point is the reaction of the T&T public to this?  Have me wondering about my own reaction.  Ah mean no problem calling something wrong if it is but yuh does beat a stranger child?

This thread is about the parent handling punishment but from what I hearing we going overboard circulating pictures (some indecent?) and taking swipes at her (facebook I think).  If anything I have to thank the PM for standing up for the girl (and I doh like to thank him for nutten eh)

Are we trying to outdo Akon in abusing this girl?   :-\ 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 08:58:28 PM by dcs »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2007, 09:07:27 PM »
Plus this thing they say is a sexual act when yuh in a fete and yuh dancing behind ah woman and she put the hands down on the ground or she grab on to the sumting   and bend she back and yuh grab she hips  back what position is that :whistling:

how about when them guys pic ladies up in fete an start dance with them and the lady grinding up her mid section u  is that simulating a sexual act also?  :devil:

I saw the performance with machel and the dance hall queen and she wrapped her legs around machel but her head between his legs and started shaking up her mid section etc etc

by your morals thats OK

Akon only did it  missionary style and a little eating (forget the girl age because she was suppose to be ova 18)

http://www.m2dezine.com/wukupnuff/pictures/soca_or_die_5/soca_or_die_5.html

http://www.m2dezine.com/wukupnuff/pictures/soca_or_die_5/soca_or_die_5.html

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:13:07 PM by DWarriorMan »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2007, 06:47:05 AM »
now yuh amp it up to ah next notch  molesting ...  :whistling:
Yes, we ALL have to realise that it was Technically sexual molestation

"Legal definition (U.S.)
In every state and federal jurisdiction of the United States, the law states that a minor below the age of consent in that state or jurisdiction cannot consent to sexual activity of any sort involving a partner (with certain exceptions). Such sexual activity is legally considered child abuse."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sexual_abuse
when we ALL finally change our thinking this type of activity will become less and less.

Thank you very much!!
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2007, 06:50:18 AM »
1) I think he right not to give his personal opinion about the situation and he should leave it up to the Attorney General department to follow through with the investigation.
2) and on his ministers comment, maybe he does not want the immediate focus to shift from the original situation to what a minister has to say about the participant.
jmho

He has to give his opinion as the LEADER of the country.   Hopefully, it would be a good opinion and that his opinion as a so-called leader and his opinion as an individual would be the same.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2007, 08:40:57 AM »
1) I think he right not to give his personal opinion about the situation and he should leave it up to the Attorney General department to follow through with the investigation.
2) and on his ministers comment, maybe he does not want the immediate focus to shift from the original situation to what a minister has to say about the participant.
jmho
He has to give his opinion as the LEADER of the country.   Hopefully, it would be a good opinion and that his opinion as a so-called leader and his opinion as an individual would be the same.
check my response earlier here
jmho
I understand your two points....but it is an insult to the intelligence of the country if one of your ministers were to address a situation like this and then you (the leader of the country) has nothing to say about it...also if he chooses to let the Attorney general take legal action in this matter then he should just say say that!!..Dont be giving the impression that you have no legal knowledge of what can happen as a result of this situation at Club Zen...Who is he trying to fool?....Steupse..
I kinda know what you mean but lets be fair
sometimes even dem lawyers in de Attorney general dept does take their time to consider all aspects of the law to aply it to some situations.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:02:32 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2007, 08:51:17 AM »
Ok I definitly agree with you when u put it like that.   :beermug:

The other thing that is disturbing me more than anything else at this point is the reaction of the T&T public to this?  Have me wondering about my own reaction.  Ah mean no problem calling something wrong if it is but yuh does beat a stranger child?

This thread is about the parent handling punishment but from what I hearing we going overboard circulating pictures (some indecent?) and taking swipes at her (facebook I think).   If anything I have to thank the PM for standing up for the girl (and I doh like to thank him for nutten eh)

Are we trying to outdo Akon in abusing this girl?   :-\ 

Well said.  Thank you. 

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2007, 08:52:38 AM »
WC ..what yuh was trying tuh say in de above post?  Yuh quote sumtin but i eh see no comment.  Do I need tuh change meh glasses?

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2007, 08:55:50 AM »

Licks...I have to agree with triniman about the lewd dancing.  Whether it paid or not it is still illegal....we talking law not morals.

This thing is snowballing and people getting into a frenzy when they should just pipe down...leave the damn girl alone instead of further victimizing her like a pack of hungry wolves.

Akon and the owner of Zen have enough legal (and political...better believe) clout to survive this.  Right about now it is being blown way out of proportion.  The PM should not have been drawn into this by Hinds and his foolish opportunism.

Not so sure i agree because this thing is/was all over the internet and therefore, the world and some people were saying this behaviour is part of the Trini culture which it is NOT.  I think as the leader of the country, he does have a responsibility to correct that misrepresentation and to help protect that child from further abuse.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2007, 09:00:57 AM »
My take on the situation: There are different layers of responibility in this situation, and none seemed to have played their part:

1- No matter how old the girl is/was- Akon's action was inappropriate. There is a video of him humping Tara Reid (popular actress) in one of his shows- it was alot less offensive, and Reid was actually enjoying it (or so it appeared). I refuse to believe that Deena enjoyed that dance. Akon is an artist who is paid to entertain and provide enjoyment through music & performance so fine, but I think he overstepped the bounds by putting someone through that "dance"- which did not appear to be entertaining or enjoying for the "dance" partner. (then again, maybe it was.....)

Ok- so Akon is not playing his part....who next?

2- Daddy is somewhat at fault, but only somewhat- Youngsters will find ways to escape the bounds of their parents for adolescent fun....... such is life, then, now and always..

3- In the event that daddy didn't do his part, the club also had a responsibility. If the club has an age limit policy, they are responsible for enforcing it- and the girl should not have gained entry.

Ok Daddy & Zen screwed up, who else is there?

4- The girl (Deena) has to take some responibility- she put herself in the situation.

Ok the girl is only 14...yuh live and learn, yuh make mistakes..... give her a bligh..but still all is not lost....

5- The patrons should have voiced their disapproval of the actions as well while it was happening instead of cheering it on.....(if they really did think it was inappropriate- maybe they didn't)

6- The DJ should have stopped the music and

7- Security should have stepped in and removed the girl from the situation.

At the end of the day, everyone has to take responsibility for his/her actions and we as people don't always need to find one shoulder (other than one's own of course) to lay all the blame upon. No one party exercised his/her parental, institutional, social or human responsibility, so of course in the end:

8- Various media as usual are also to blame. In the typical fashion, they have exploited an unfortunate incident under the guise of public service.

...and life goes on.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:42:05 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2007, 10:03:13 AM »
excellent Post Kicker
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2007, 12:37:42 PM »
My take on the situation: There are different layers of responibility in this situation, and none seemed to have played their part:

1- No matter how old the girl is/was- Akon's action was inappropriate. There is a video of him humping Tara Reid (popular actress) in one of his shows- it was alot less offensive, and Reid was actually enjoying it (or so it appeared). I refuse to believe that Deena enjoyed that dance. Akon is an artist who is paid to entertain and provide enjoyment through music & performance so fine, but I think he overstepped the bounds by putting someone through that "dance"- which did not appear to be entertaining or enjoying for the "dance" partner. (then again, maybe it was.....)

Ok- so Akon is not playing his part....who next?

2- Daddy is somewhat at fault, but only somewhat- Youngsters will find ways to escape the bounds of their parents for adolescent fun....... such is life, then, now and always..

3- In the event that daddy didn't do his part, the club also had a responsibility. If the club has an age limit policy, they are responsible for enforcing it- and the girl should not have gained entry.

Ok Daddy & Zen screwed up, who else is there?

4- The girl (Deena) has to take some responibility- she put herself in the situation.

Ok the girl is only 14...yuh live and learn, yuh make mistakes..... give her a bligh..but still all is not lost....

5- The patrons should have voiced their disapproval of the actions as well while it was happening instead of cheering it on.....(if they really did think it was inappropriate- maybe they didn't)

6- The DJ should have stopped the music and

7- Security should have stepped in and removed the girl from the situation.

At the end of the day, everyone has to take responsibility for his/her actions and we as people don't always need to find one shoulder (other than one's own of course) to lay all the blame upon. No one party exercised his/her parental, institutional, social or human responsibility, so of course in the end:

8- Various media as usual are also to blame. In the typical fashion, they have exploited an unfortunate incident under the guise of public service.

...and life goes on.

Well said.   :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2007, 02:20:58 PM »
excellent Post Kicker

Boy when Filho and kicker come in yuh thread...yuh DONE yuh know
TOO much logic and clarity...dey does suck all de bacchanal right out de room

I convince dem fellahs was head prefects from Form 1 to 6.....must be does still iron dey collars and cuffs wit spray starch an ting
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2007, 02:35:15 PM »
Yuh know wah bothering me bout this ,we getting on like we never make ah mixtake  , when yuh iz ah teenager the chemicals doh flow level it flow with waves ,becauz i culd remember wen i waz growin up mae father would tell me dont do this , dont go here  and that iz exactly wat ah would do , get likks today and ah gone again tommorow and do the  samething.so alyuh doh try to drive the gurl crazy , in life yuh have to pay to learn and ah feel she learn something that would last she ah lifetime , if for some reason alyuh feel tha she eh learn nottin an alyuh still want to brutalize she well he who with out sin pelt the first stone . doh forget we was once a teenager think bout the crazy things yuh did and getaway  wid it .

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2007, 02:39:25 PM »
Yuh know wah bothering me bout this ,we getting on like we never make ah mixtake  , when yuh iz ah teenager the chemicals doh flow level it flow with waves ,becauz i culd remember wen i waz growin up mae father would tell me dont do this , dont go here  and that iz exactly wat ah would do , get likks today and ah gone again tommorow and do the  samething.so alyuh doh try to drive the gurl crazy , in life yuh have to pay to learn and ah feel she learn something that would last she ah lifetime , if for some reason alyuh feel tha she eh learn nottin an alyuh still want to brutalize she well he who with out sin pelt the first stone . doh forget we was once a teenager think bout the crazy things yuh did and getaway  wid it .

dat is understanderable .... but not 2 b compared wit dis situation ........ it 2 crazy 2 b compared wit ur petty crimes ....  :angel:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:19:17 AM by d1onlysexysugar »
ADM

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »
Well it happen now and it done.  But why the internet lynching of the girl?  All over the net is pictures passing here and videos passing there.

Could you imagine how a 14 year old girl, or anybody for that matter, will be feeling now with all the public scrutiny, and any and everybody playing judge and jury?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2007, 04:25:18 PM »

I convince dem fellahs was head prefects from Form 1 to 6.....must be does still iron dey collars and cuffs wit spray starch an ting

hahaha... ;D

You'll be surprised- wasn't even a prefect, much less head prefect.... and I wear non-iron shirts.....cyah handle da drama in the mornin'  ;D  (yes I know that wasn't meant literally....or was it  :-\)

Filho on the other hand...he'll have to answer for himself  :beermug: :beermug:

Thanks fuh tryin' to call me out though...yuh wicked dutty.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:29:32 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2007, 05:17:27 PM »
excellent Post Kicker

yeah dem is just come and mash up people comess thread with dey technical or logical explanations  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2007, 06:56:43 AM »
excellent Post Kicker

I does be glad fuh ah lil logic and clarity, so lef dem!!

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2007, 04:38:59 PM »
Finaly the T&T gov finaly pass a law yuh must have ID for entry in fetes and clubs alyuh feel that go wuk

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2007, 04:49:05 PM »
Finaly the T&T gov finaly pass a law yuh must have ID for entry in fetes and clubs alyuh feel that go wuk

So what u/dey saying is dat ALL fetes and CLUBS are now 18 yrs and over...

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2007, 06:23:07 AM »

So what u/dey saying is dat ALL fetes and CLUBS are now 18 yrs and over...

Big Up!

It should be 21 years and over!..............Ah thought the legal drinking age is In T&T is 21years and over (not sure)...so if that's true then clubs and fetes should be 21 and over..
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2007, 06:25:02 AM »
21 and over sounds good tuh me
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2007, 08:44:29 AM »
i ent read the whole thread so gimmie ah blie if i repeat some stuff...

1. Since when they does check ID in trini? i drinkin, smokin & REAL partyin since i was 12 and i never get carded. The club, celebs, nuts, base , pier 1, edge, parrots etc etc etc....i hit all before i was 18.
i not sayin it right but why are people ACTIN so surprised now?

2. Ive seen ALOT of stuff WORSE than that happen in Celebs, nuts & even Zen....if allyuh remember "wining competetion" allyuh done know

3. I've seen our own Soca artist do pretty much the same thing with girl of all ages

4. Why is the trini media STILL wastin their time on this???? Vindra still missin, who de hell care bout some horny african & chupid lil gual

5. Ive personally seen ALOT of passa passa wanna be dancers in trini so wats the real issue???? Again im not sayin it right, but why people actin so shocked, surprised, holier than thou when all this stuff has BEEN going on

6. If Akon was in Africa, or the middle east, or some parts of europe would this have even happened???? Monkey know which tree to climb. Also whether or not we want to admit it this kinda lewd activities has been prominent in our culture for MANY years....cock back & roll

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2007, 08:54:31 AM »
All who talking bout ID and Over 21 drinking age and dis and dat....

all dat is rubbish....

Too much frigging cable TV... dias de whole damn problem... all who see de gyul HI 5 page.... it plain to see.... we have a new MTV generation now.... dese children being raised by the wrong role models...

Parents need to raise dey children not cable television.... talk done...

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2007, 09:18:22 AM »

So if someting like this happen in a US club, you'd expect Bush to comment right?
 :rotfl:

Manning doh have to say nutting on de topic.

1]; } ?>