March 28, 2024, 06:02:45 AM

Author Topic: T&T youth trio not yet signed.  (Read 13601 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T youth trio not yet signed.
« on: April 21, 2007, 04:49:06 AM »
T&T youth trio not yet signed.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago National youth trio Lester Peltier, Khaleem Hyland and Atullah Guerra all retuned from England on Thursday where they visited English club Portsmouth as the process to obtain their work permits begun with the aim of the players securing contracts.
Peltier had been on English soil last month on trials and got the best offer from Portsmouth who subsequently showed interest in the promising talents – Guerra and Hyland who recently got a call from national senior team head coach Wim Rijsbergen.
However the deal is not yet done as all three players must be granted permits before any deal can be signed which means that at the moment they are still attached to CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh.
The TTFF was this week asked to provide all the necessary paperwork supporting the players status with the national youth teams.
“They arrived back here yesterday and Portsmouth have activated the process for the work permits,” Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick told TTFF Media. “Peltier has got a Dutch grandmother so hopefully that will work in his favour and we are trying to get a work holiday visa for Atullah. They also like Hyland very much.”
While Fenwick admitted that he was anxious over the wait to see if in fact the players can become T&T’s latest exports to the UK, he drew hope from the fact that Collin Samuel and Josh Johnson got their permits with limited international appearance for T&T at the senior level.
“Josh has gone out and he was at our club and he got through, so too was Collin who went out there with almost nothing under his belt and got the permit. We have got a number of people in good places working on it,” Fenwick said.
And while the youngsters wait out their time, World Cup team midfielder Aurtis Whitley heads out again on another trial, this time to Championship Division side Luton Town. He will be joined on trial by Anthony Wolfe.
Fenwick also gave some feedback on the recent visit by a Millwall youth team, saying Jabloteh had also developed ties with Portsmouth.
“Things went very well with Millwall’s visit. We have also tied Portsmouth into a deal whereby they will have to send a youth team to Trinidad at least two times over three seasons and we are looking to build on both relationships. It’s an opportunity for us to showcase our young talent.
“The Millwall team thoroughly enjoyed their visit. The Tobago teams did their part, Millwall enjoyed the Dwight Yorke Stadium which is in excellent condition and overall it was a win-win for both sides.
“We have a commitment from Ajax Amsterdam as well but it’s something that will materialize over a period of time and of course Liam Brady, the man in charge of youth development at Arsenal still has to come here, maybe at the end of June by the time the Gold Cup is over,” Fenwick continued.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 05:35:52 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T youth trio not yet signed.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 01:17:16 PM »
well done terry and jabloteh...giving young tnt players a chance to progress and earn a living abroad.....keep it up
 this list is off the top of my head....jab players going off to play abroad...add any that i miss

kelvin jack
cornell glenn
colin samuel
josh johnson

hopefully peltier,guerra,hyland,whitley

Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 01:23:08 PM »
Alot of forumites criticise Fenwick by saying all he cares about is his pocket but the fact is regardless if that is true or not..the man is doing his job DAMN GOOD...he's using his connections to get our players trials abroad...maybe he should do it for free then people will say he is doing alot for our football..
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 01:25:11 PM »
and for that..why de man cant make a lil change??

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 01:28:46 PM »
and for that..why de man cant make a lil change??

I agree!!...Everybody have to eat...Some man jus like to talk nonsense!!...saying de man just care bout he pocket but its obvious the man trying to expose our talent overseas...if yuh cant appreciate dat then its obvious yuh have something personal against de man
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 03:50:56 PM »
well done terry and jabloteh...giving young tnt players a chance to progress and earn a living abroad.....keep it up
 this list is off the top of my head....jab players going off to play abroad...add any that i miss

kelvin jack
cornell glenn
colin samuel
josh johnson

hopefully peltier,guerra,hyland,whitley

U know that is soooo true...... I must admit I am not de man biggest fan, but he's been able to walk de walk..... good going Terry :beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 03:58:49 PM by Tallman »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 08:10:48 AM »
Alot of forumites criticise Fenwick by saying all he cares about is his pocket but the fact is regardless if that is true or not..the man is doing his job DAMN GOOD...he's using his connections to get our players trials abroad...maybe he should do it for free then people will say he is doing alot for our football..

My friend. Sport is business. He would be a fool to do it for free. You think he making lots of money coaching Jabloteh.

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 08:30:43 AM »

My friend. Sport is business. He would be a fool to do it for free. You think he making lots of money coaching Jabloteh.

So what is your point?...It's obvious you are agreeing with me!....My point is why alot of forumites still crticise him if he's doing his job Damn Good...by saying all he cares about is his pockets

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 10:40:32 AM »
Me eh vex wit fenwick fuh being a agent. I vex fuh de kinda shit he doin....de digicel cup being the strongest example.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 10:52:46 AM »
Me eh vex wit fenwick fuh being a agent. I vex fuh de kinda shit he doin....de digicel cup being the strongest example.

Now if Sunderland refuse to let go our National players because of IMPORTANT matches that are happening at the same time ....then why Jabloteh (fenwick) cant do the same as Sunderland?...if you are a football analyst then you have to be able to see conflicts from all angles...your response should be interesting..

yeh and this can be used as an example to the Digicel cup also
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:57:56 AM by problemjaydeess »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 10:57:54 AM »
^^good point
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 11:05:52 AM »
I could see that Sunderland which is a ENGLISH club....not having any kind of concern or respect for our national team...because it isnt of any consequence to them..or their country. However i highly doubt Sunderland would dare even to try something like that with the English FA....aside from the very unlikely nature of the English FA being so inept to schedule something like that in such a poor manner. As a club in a country's pro league...the intention is to provide a capable pool of players for national duty. Fenwick himself was complaining how the foreign based are preferred...and yet pulling a stunt like this...is madness. Then the problem with Peltier and the U20 playoff with Jamrock...where we suffered from not having a competent striker. Now fenwick promised the man a trial...which did happen...but only last month...when the playoff was much earlier. That is my problem with fenwick. To me his movements seem more like a saboteur. I glad for the youths and their opportunities.....and i respect Jabloteh because they are one of the MOST professional teams we have in this country. In my opinion.....certain things still were not called for.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 11:17:22 AM »
I could see that Sunderland which is a ENGLISH club....not having any kind of concern or respect for our national team...because it isnt of any consequence to them..or their country. However i highly doubt Sunderland would dare even to try something like that with the English FA....aside from the very unlikely nature of the English FA being so inept to schedule something like that in such a poor manner. As a club in a country's pro league...the intention is to provide a capable pool of players for national duty. Fenwick himself was complaining how the foreign based are preferred...and yet pulling a stunt like this...is madness. Then the problem with Peltier and the U20 playoff with Jamrock...where we suffered from not having a competent striker. Now fenwick promised the man a trial...which did happen...but only last month...when the playoff was much earlier. That is my problem with fenwick. To me his movements seem more like a saboteur. I glad for the youths and their opportunities.....and i respect Jabloteh because they are one of the MOST professional teams we have in this country. In my opinion.....certain things still were not called for.

Your response is not saying much.....You are indirectly saying that Sunderland is a more important club than Jabloteh...and therefore has more privilages when it comes to not releasing our national players...and if I was the Coach of Jabloteh or any other coach of a local team (or even a member of the PFL organization) I will read that as an insult

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 11:22:04 AM »
I like the he is seeing the natural talent in these youngster and giving them the chance to obtain a professional contract from early. Is this was done years ago, where so many good players from Trinidad just wasted away, esp in that NCAA Colllege System. It's such a shame! Good luck to these youngsters and other young ones. Unless you made it as a professional player, you have failed in the game. It's plain & simple. The goal of every GOOD soccer player, is to play at the highest level possible. The quicker a "GOOD" young player can get amongst the professional ranks, the better for him...........

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 11:26:01 AM »
I don't think Fenwick had any good reason to keep Peltier away from a crucial Under 20 Wc qualifier

I'm only guessing here again, but it seems to me that Fenwick will send our players to whoever show interest without a care for their development. Portsmouth's interest is a fluke. Fenwick would have had Peltier languishing at Millwall. He just doing business and if a player gets lucky and signs for a half decent club...that good. But those three just as easily couald be trying out for a team in Bhutan as far as I see. Whoever flash the dollars first getting a look. Perhaps I am being too idealistic

Teams like Sunderland don't like to release players from the Americas or Caribbean primarly because of the long flight across the Atlantic. Players end up coming back fatigued and/or injured. I doubt it has anything to do with respect for T&T. Especially Sunderland who has 3 Trinis on the books. I am sure Niall Quinn and Roy Keane, as former Irish internationals had to deal with club vs. country issues in their day, even though Ireland is very close to England. At the same time..whatever rights a foreign club has..the local clubs must have. So if Fenwick reallyc annot release players because he has crucial games coming up and the national team game is not on a designated FIFA matchday..then Fenwick should not be looked down on for protecting his interests

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 11:41:52 AM »
Which part of my post i say Sunderland more important than Jabloteh? I said i would not expect them to even be remotely concerned about the welfare of our football because it doesnt concern them directly or their country. It disrespectful to say the least when things like that happen. When Man U had no choice but to release Dwight and made him suck bench out of pure vindictiveness i say the same thing. My point is that especially for a local team..where local based are being called upon....Jabloteh in my opinion if so really concerned about the welfare of local football should have had the players made available. What about the suituation with Peltier and the U20 qualifier...what about that? In my opinion...NO club has any right to deny a player the opportunity to represent his country...if the player does not want to go then no problem...he didn't answer his country's call....which is a cardinal sin in my view. And this is what fenwick and by extension Jabloteh are doing. I have no problem with him acting as agent...in fact if he manages to advance football in his own way and secure himself financially....well good for him. However when you making my national football suffer and still making an effort to capitalize on it then we have a problem.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 11:59:39 AM »
I don't think Fenwick had any good reason to keep Peltier away from a crucial Under 20 Wc qualifier

maybe it's about setting a precedent and letting TTFF know that there is a right way to go about things.  Or maybe it's better to fuel their sense that they don't have to be accountable to anybody.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 12:08:18 PM »
Portsmouth's interest is a fluke. Fenwick would have had Peltier languishing at Millwall.

Are you saying Peltier was  lucky to get signed?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 12:13:17 PM »
Portsmouth's interest is a fluke. Fenwick would have had Peltier languishing at Millwall.

Mr.Filho ..Peltier is a very talented and promising player...There is NO fluke in him being signed....and you seem to know Fenwick very well since you think he would have had Peltier languishing at Millwall....and like you said Fenwick is just doing business..WHICH HE IS DOING VERY WELL...if he was not doing shit then some foumites will say "Fenwick tiefing Jabloteh money".
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 12:16:34 PM by problemjaydeess »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 03:42:36 PM »
Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. Don't forget...he was sent on a trial to Milwall....and a scout from pompey happened to see him. It was'nt as if he was sent to portsmouth directly.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 04:03:02 PM »
Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. Don't forget...he was sent on a trial to Milwall....and a scout from pompey happened to see him. It was'nt as if he was sent to portsmouth directly.

Arsenal yuh mean....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 07:24:26 PM »

Mr.Filho ..Peltier is a very talented and promising player...There is NO fluke in him being signed....and you seem to know Fenwick very well since you think he would have had Peltier languishing at Millwall....and like you said Fenwick is just doing business..WHICH HE IS DOING VERY WELL...if he was not doing shit then some foumites will say "Fenwick tiefing Jabloteh money".

Relax yourself...did you actually read what I wrote? At least DWarrior man had the calm and common sense to ask first. What I meant is that Fenwick had no idea that teams like Arsenal and Portsmouth would want to look at Peltier. Before Cardfiff and then Arsenal and finally Portsmouth came knocking, Fenwick was only talking up the Millwall opportunity. I don't think he had a clue it would have turned out the way it did. I never said Peltier was not talented enough to be at these clubs. If you actually read what I said you would not even come to such a conclusion. Also..I obviously don't know Fenwick which is why I clearly state that I am only guessing at the beginning of the paragraph to make sure people realize it is ony a hypothesis and I figured it would be enough to prevent such a ridiculous reaction as yours.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 07:33:51 PM »

maybe it's about setting a precedent and letting TTFF know that there is a right way to go about things.  Or maybe it's better to fuel their sense that they don't have to be accountable to anybody.

then set a precedent when less is on the line and you not potentially harming the future of 21 other under 20 T&T nationals. we not talking Digicel Cup here. We talking WC qualification where Peltier and other Under 20s have an opportunity to get ahead in their careers via playing higher profile qualifiers in the final round of Concacaf qualifying, and/or via WC qualification. You don't make a point to the TTFF when you know the team needs its pivotal player in the most crucial match for 20-somehting odd youths trying to make a go at a future in football. WC qualification could have changed some of those players and their families' lives . Nah..I doh agree with that at al. There is a time and place for everything.

I find nobody has not commented on the fact that these fellas actually ahve not signed anything yet. I hope it is just a formality. Does anyone know if there is any reason for any of them to get balnk. It would be tragic if Peltier does not get his work permit because English immigration will wonder why he is not even part of the national youth set up in the latest games even though he was fit and available. The great thing is that Peltier can geta  Dutch passport and should be in Europe soon and without the immigration issues

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 07:48:12 PM »

Mr.Filho ..Peltier is a very talented and promising player...There is NO fluke in him being signed....and you seem to know Fenwick very well since you think he would have had Peltier languishing at Millwall....and like you said Fenwick is just doing business..WHICH HE IS DO
ING VERY WELL...if he was not doing shit then some foumites will say "Fenwick tiefing Jabloteh money".

Relax yourself...did you actually read what I wrote? At least DWarrior man had the calm and common sense to ask first. What I meant is that Fenwick had no idea that teams like Arsenal and Portsmouth would want to look at Peltier. Before Cardfiff and then Arsenal and finally Portsmouth came knocking, Fenwick was only talking up the Millwall opportunity. I don't think he had a clue it would have turned out the way it did. I never said Peltier was not talented enough to be at these clubs. If you actually read what I said you would not even come to such a conclusion. Also..I obviously don't know Fenwick which is why I clearly state that I am only guessing at the beginning of the paragraph to make sure people realize it is ony a hypothesis and I figured it would be enough to prevent such a ridiculous reaction as yours.

What a joker!! :devil:..I responded based on how you edited your previous response...yeh and I'm always relaxed :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 08:07:47 PM »

Mr.Filho ..Peltier is a very talented and promising player...There is NO fluke in him being signed....and you seem to know Fenwick very well since you think he would have had Peltier languishing at Millwall....and like you said Fenwick is just doing business..WHICH HE IS DO
ING VERY WELL...if he was not doing shit then some foumites will say "Fenwick tiefing Jabloteh money".

What a joker!! :devil:..I responded based on how you edited your previous response...yeh and I'm always relaxed :rotfl:

That sentence not really making any sense. You responded based on what? In any case, I hope you are not suggesting I edited my response. Because I did not..that would be a pretty sad thing to lie about. Most people on this forum are big enough to admit whan they write shyte...yuh might want to think about that. And yuh need to relax..yuh response was embarassing (assuming English is your first language)..you might actually want to edit what you wrote  :devil: :devil:

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2007, 08:54:02 PM »

then set a precedent when less is on the line and you not potentially harming the future of 21 other under 20 T&T nationals. we not talking Digicel Cup here. We talking WC qualification where Peltier and other Under 20s have an opportunity to get ahead in their careers via playing higher profile qualifiers in the final round of Concacaf qualifying, and/or via WC qualification. You don't make a point to the TTFF when you know the team needs its pivotal player in the most crucial match for 20-somehting odd youths trying to make a go at a future in football. WC qualification could have changed some of those players and their families' lives . Nah..I doh agree with that at al. There is a time and place for everything.

the way TTFF does operate it will always have something on the line, because for the most part teams does only get assembled to contest specific competitions then they seem to get effectively disbanded.  gold cup qualification could also help men get ahead in their careers.

the TTFF, CFU and Concacaf are all under the same leadership (maybe not in name), so if they wanted all these things sorted out it would have been done.  the fact that Fenwick would actually have the right to hold a player out shows they really need to get their act together.

also, I don't think that a trial at Millwall is anything for a teenaged trini to look down on.  they playin in the same league as gillingham and swansea and above walsall and wrexham.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 04:28:05 AM »

the way TTFF does operate it will always have something on the line, because for the most part teams does only get assembled to contest specific competitions then they seem to get effectively disbanded.  gold cup qualification could also help men get ahead in their careers.

the TTFF, CFU and Concacaf are all under the same leadership (maybe not in name), so if they wanted all these things sorted out it would have been done.  the fact that Fenwick would actually have the right to hold a player out shows they really need to get their act together.

also, I don't think that a trial at Millwall is anything for a teenaged trini to look down on.  they playin in the same league as gillingham and swansea and above walsall and wrexham.

good points...

but we talking about youths here. holding back Peltier was not right. besides..he did it with peltier, he did it for the Digicel, he did it for Gold Cup training. so i think he had many opportunities to make a point and he could have chosen better. and the TTFF is a mess, but i don't think if you care about TT football, you spite it to make a point. you not fixing the TTFF that way anyway. it requires a different approach. at the end of the day..i think we also guessing about the Peltier situation..maybe the youth chose not to play. but many suspect Fenwick had some influence

i am not looking down at a  Millwall trial at all. It may even turn out that a team like that is better for his development...but he could also get stuck there playing lower league football longer than he should...just like Leonson Lewis and Latapy in the Portuguese 2nd division or Carlos Edwards at Wrexham...etc. I think if we could get Kenwyne Jones to SH, Daryl Roberts to Sparta...someone of Peltier's talent did not have to almost end up at Millwall. I don't always feel agents have out best players interests at heart..and I have a sneaking suspicion that Fenwick could ahve done better witha little patience. I accept that I could be very wrong..it's only a gut feeling

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 06:20:05 AM »
How would you compare Peltier to Kenwyne Jones then?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 06:50:59 AM »
How would you compare Peltier to Kenwyne Jones then?

Peltier is very talented, fast, good control and can finish. Jones is more of a hustler, he has the strength to bully defenders and score. Peltier is just talent, raw talent. But, Jones was also raw talent, he loves being a forward and he was greater as a midfielder/defender. Jones has improve a lot Peltier is still young and have a way to go to learn the game at a higher level. If both was at the same level I would have gone with Peltier as my forward. I believe thats his natural position.

Dont sleep on Hyland and Atullah either, Hyland is a great player. Physically and speed wise he is able to cope with players at the senior level. Atullah is a technical talent, once he gets out of the T&T society at this level and into England I believe we have a sleeping giant here waiting to explode. A very gifted player Pompey will not regret and Fenwick made 3 good choices. I would have liked to see T&T youths Javed Mohammed, Ancil Fariera and Kevon Neaves get picked up by some EPL teams they are great left footed players.

The problem with when our players go to England they are instructed not to play their way. Its good and bad in a way because we have players capable of beating five players at once on the field and showing great T&T talent. And now they adapt to this English brand with his totally different, but it still is good for them to learn the simple one touch football and at a high pace of play.

Time to get Kendall Jagdeosingh and Hayden Tinto out soon too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 07:22:19 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 10:03:29 AM »
sam...jagdeosing have some real food to eat before he do that boy...da man frail

1]; } ?>