April 24, 2024, 06:14:22 PM

Author Topic: What you all think Chris should do?  (Read 8077 times)

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
What you all think Chris should do?
« on: April 21, 2007, 11:57:58 AM »
I have been meaning to post this for a long time since Chris is one of our most important player and be warming bench straight through. I think he should look for a move in the summer he probably will get a championship club the longer he stay at coventry he wouldn't find form and his fitness level would go down.He had a good start at coventry i remember him scoring a beauty against Norwich i think it was then he started to become in effective. Do you all think he would have been better of at Port Vale where he getting regular playing time? and i know they changed managers but this one is not giving him a chance either why?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What you all think Chris should do?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 01:06:59 PM »
man...all that is part of a players developement....de lad young
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 01:08:14 PM »
is a hard luck horse....stern and yrke...in fact almost every other t&t player went thru that...part of being a professional athlete.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 01:27:26 PM »
I have been meaning to post this for a long time since Chris is one of our most important player and be warming bench straight through. I think he should look for a move in the summer he probably will get a championship club the longer he stay at coventry he wouldn't find form and his fitness level would go down.He had a good start at coventry i remember him scoring a beauty against Norwich i think it was then he started to become in effective. Do you all think he would have been better of at Port Vale where he getting regular playing time? and i know they changed managers but this one is not giving him a chance either why?

I doh think he would have been better off at Port Vale because they don't show a strong chance of making the Championship anytime soon. As much as his getting benched is frustrating, is best he stick it out with this side that safely in the Championship and hope for a push next season.

But "what Chris should do" unfortunately not down to him...is his agent and any teams that interested. I really hope he start playing more regularly.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 02:28:14 PM »
Dem English Club managers need to take a page from Don Leo and play de man in de correct position. Dat winger ting eh cuttin' it.  >:(
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 02:36:52 PM »
Some international games mighthelp him.  Doh know if Wim would call him if he not playing for his club like Leo used to do (WC over now).  O...and that blacklist ting. steupse

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 04:37:43 PM »
The man on 2 blacklist.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 04:58:13 PM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 05:41:40 AM »
becauce he is shyte.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 05:48:17 AM »
becauce he is shyte.
It's clear to me you eh know anything about football,the only shit it have here is the one coming out ur mouth,quick somebody give this man some toilet paper to wipe he mouth.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 06:56:35 AM »
I don't think that anyone should over react to the fact that he not getting first team ball.

Anyone remember how Arsenal buy Theo Walcott in January, and he eh play first team ball till the next season? And this despite being named on England WC squad.

Chris have some work to do to improve his game. Remember when he was playing with T&T he had the superior influence of fellas like Dwight and Carlos on the pitch. A better environment will always bring out the best in anyone.

What Chris needs is playing time. Whether that is with the first team, B team or reserve ball, whatever. I am sure he's keeping himself fit, you don't need to play every game to be fit. But you do need it to keep your skills sharp. Chris first touch need real work.

It could simply be that the club feels he needs more time to develop some technical skills before they bring him back into the first side.

Unless anyone has definite word that he on some sort of black list?

I think he should stay at Coventry for now, try to get back into the first team in the mean time. If things don't change next season, then try to get a January transfer.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 08:06:49 AM »
becauce he is shyte.
It's clear to me you eh know anything about football,the only shit it have here is the one coming out ur mouth,quick somebody give this man some toilet paper to wipe he mouth.

Well said Trini airman

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 11:31:24 AM »
To add in any case...the coach just offloaded a few players and is revamping the team come this summer, and chris wanst one of them, so he must have some confidence in his future potential at the club.

Bless

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 02:22:37 PM »
I don't think Chris needs to be worried. He is very young; I don't think Coventry bought him in a short term perspective to begin with; the bligh he got at the beginning of the season was more a result of necessity than anything else; how much u want to bet that they were missing a quality player on the right wing back then.

When he started showing his limits (physical or technical), he got benched and then the new coach came in and assumed he wasn't mature enough to shoulder being a first teamer.

I don't know if you guys realise, but Chris basically went from being a reserve player at Port Vale in league 1 to a regular starter at a team that had promotion aspirations in the championship in the space of one year and several months. Thats already quite an achievement.

If I were him i would stick it in and make my claim for getting back into the first team next season. January would be the moment to make a move if needed - the only black spot is that as long as he isn't playing, he cant be selected, but seeing that he is on the blacklist as it stands, that shouldn't make a difference.

The one thing he needs to do is convince his coach that he is a defensive mid and get out of being typed as a winger. Once he plays that position he will always be mediocre...he has neither the speed nor the touch for that position, and i can't see why they keep forcing him to play it.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 06:40:22 PM »
Every body entitled to their own opinion, so what's all this dissing for? my man keep it clean , i just voice my opinion ,and i am standing by it . no need for all that high school rehtoric.
becauce he is shyte.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 06:56:40 PM »
Every body entitled to their own opinion, so what's all this dissing for? my man keep it clean , i just voice my opinion ,and i am standing by it . no need for all that high school rehtoric.
becauce he is shyte.

think about it from another perspective....

de man represented T&T to the fullest, help took our side to the first world cup ever, and you come outta nowhere and say he's shit, and not expeck to get backlash........

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 07:53:12 PM »
the man could play and is one of my fav players on de team but spann would play his position jus as good, he has more skill and control and could bring the ball from defense straight to attack and could kick as good as birchall or even better jus birchall has the never die atitude and trinidad team really needs that while spann work rate could be question
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 08:12:51 PM »
becauce he is shyte.

Just so, but what de a** is dis, ah cah believe yuh post dat, wid all respect boss, doh do dat tuh we players, ah saying we, cuz ah think yuh from T&T. There are more educated ways yuh cud choose tuh show he is not your favorite player. Ah go leave it like dat, cuz ah cah fight all de war on de forum. Let some body else deal wid yuh. Ah cud tell yuh one thing doh, ah real upset about yuh post, yuh cud give yuh 2 cents boss, but chose yuh words carefully meh breddah. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Go Miami Heat.

Chicago, what yuh gonna do when Miami come for u?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 08:16:15 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 09:10:18 PM »
becauce he is shyte.

Totally uncalled for..Should take it back unless uh not trini, uh wouldn't see the error in that post.

the man could play and is one of my fav players on de team but spann would play his position jus as good, he has more skill and control and could bring the ball from defense straight to attack and could kick as good as birchall or even better jus birchall has the never die atitude and trinidad team really needs that while spann work rate could be question

Chris Birchall was wat we needed so I eh surprised that he have it hard now...Guy went from reserve football in league one o championship in little over a year...ALl english players have that die hard spirit, thats y he was so instrumental to us....I think he may need to add a lil more to his game to seperate him from his teamates, all who have basically the same traits as him...Thats y foreign players will always be welcomed, the bring something different, think abt the league with Ronaldo etc...Chris isn't foreign so he wouldn't really bring anything new to their game that they don't already have or haven't seen...He might even fall short..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 06:19:18 PM »
My appologies. yes i am a trini,probably more trini than most of you since my grannie was native trinidadian, but that's not important. let me just start by saying that i probably used the wrong choice of words, but i am still standing by what i said. so i will phrase it diferantly. the man is a die hard player, and i give him his props as a ball winner and a goal scorer, but his game needs tightening up, he loses posession way to easily. he needs to work on ball posession , that's all. please don't bite my f##king head of guy's. it's just an opinion, and opinions are not written in stone!! common.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 06:38:57 PM »
ASk Dwight to talk to the gaffer , so that he can join Sunderland next season.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 05:10:39 PM »
I read in The Sentinel that Coventry City will have to fork over another £25,000 to Port Vale for Birchall if he makes 30 appearances for Coventry (right now he has 29). The same happens again at 45.

They eh mention if this rule is for this season, but it is a tempting perspective to examine, given the Birchall issue.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 05:30:10 PM »
is a hard luck horse....stern and yrke...in fact almost every other t&t player went thru that...part of being a professional athlete.

ehhh wuuuhhh de same man in yuh dp went tru dat fuh ah long time cuz ah certain senior member uh de team was desperately tryin tuh squeeze dry any time left in his career.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 06:05:16 AM »
I read in The Sentinel that Coventry City will have to fork over another £25,000 to Port Vale for Birchall if he makes 30 appearances for Coventry (right now he has 29). The same happens again at 45.

They eh mention if this rule is for this season, but it is a tempting perspective to examine, given the Birchall issue.

:thinking:

the plot thickens...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 12:28:39 PM »

:thinking:

the plot thickens...

if they bench him for that....daiz low. Real low

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2007, 02:13:25 PM »
ASk Dwight to talk to the gaffer , so that he can join Sunderland next season.
yuh pull them words from meh mouth.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2007, 04:10:51 PM »

Brilliant research work! We finally find de reason why Birchall eh playin'. Daiz it, no question about it
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2007, 05:36:49 AM »
becauce he is shyte.

or maybe because he is white

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 09:02:25 PM »
looks like all Birchall gettin is reserve team ball  >:(

Walsall 2 Sky Blues 3 (aet)May 2 2007

COVENTRY CITY won their first trophy for 20 years after their youthful side beat Walsall at the Bescot Stadium in the Birmingham Senior Cup final.

Coventry went into a 2-0 lead when captain Andrew Wing put through Trinidad & Tobago international Chris Birchall who finished low past Walsall goalkeeper Rene Gilmartin.

Within seven minutes City made it 2-0 when recently released Wing doubled City's advantage when from a Birchall free-kick which was spilled by Walsall keeper Gilmartin and from a yard out the captain for the night tapped home from a yard out.

Walsall went into the half-time interval level when they scored two goals inside the minute through youth team striker Troy Deeney.

The first was when he tapped in a David McDermott free-kick on 44 minutes and then just before the half-time interval he equalised following a mistake by Coventry goalkeeper Luke Steele.

In the second half Coventry came close twice to wining the tie in normal time when first of all Chris Birchall headed against the inside of the post and then later on in the first half Andy Wing hit his shot just over the bar.

The game moved into extra time after the scores were level at 2-2 on 90 minutes and Coventry were awarded a penalty nine minutes into the first half of extra time which Birchall converted to make it 3-2 and win the cup for Coventry.
There was a late scare for the Sky Blues in the final minute when the defence had to twice clear off the line with the second one being Andy Wing heading away which will probably by his last touch in a Coventry shirt.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 02:09:39 PM »
becauce he is shyte.

or maybe because he is white
Cristiano ronaldo, wayne rooney, micheal ballack,david beckham, reberry,robin van persie, kaka, and the list goes on, all great top notch world class players, so what's your point. and ,oh yeah, they are all lily white.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 02:11:25 PM by just cool »

1]; } ?>