April 27, 2024, 12:00:13 PM

Author Topic: The race for La Liga title is on!!  (Read 32021 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The race for La Liga title is on!!
« on: April 23, 2007, 12:54:07 AM »
Real beat Valencia 2-1 on Saturday...Barca lost to Villa Real 0-2 today cutting their lead at the top to just one. So Sevilla are in second place an Real in third...just two point separating Real from Barca. mwahaha!

Anway...ah fed up of the board being doiminated by schupid EPL, lets' talk about the most attractive and exciting league in football.

Spanish Primiera.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: The race for La Liga title is on!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 03:30:00 AM »
Talk wit yuhself  ;D

Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 08:10:19 AM »
Real beat Valencia 2-1 on Saturday...Barca lost to Villa Real 0-2 today cutting their lead at the top to just one. So Sevilla are in second place an Real in third...just two point separating Real from Barca. mwahaha!

Anway...ah fed up of the board being doiminated by schupid EPL, lets' talk about the most attractive and exciting league in football.

Spanish Primiera.

You know it will probably take the introduction of a trini footballer to spark interest in la liga ...... lets say a young TT footballer to a club like Villareal perhaps  ::) until that happens then the board will be dominated by EPL and even the lower leagues in England and Scotland.Of course many will miss the fact that the world's best players and teams  play in La Liga, according to the stats, but we have no local interests there do we ?
In terms of excitement the EPL has a strong case but for attractive football I agree with you that La Liga leads the way.
Villareal , meanwhile has completed the second round double by beating both Real Madrid and Barcelona ...but not even the Barcelona fans noticed ... :angel:...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 08:20:33 AM »
Barcelona get their asses handed to them.

Looks like  Riquelme's departure has not had any negative effects at Villareal.
Good for them.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 09:02:32 AM »
i feel the waning la liga interest is because of CNC and dey shit...

We dont really get spanish football on cable again.. Not even a lil La Liga highlight show... And as for Italian football, i fed up now of switching on the tv to see the same few teams always playing.. Catania, Messina, Torino and Cagliari.. Only the worst games they showing...

So men must talk bout EPL only if that is all being fed.

La liga is still the best league.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 09:25:43 AM »
Go Sevilla   f**k Barca and Madrid

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 09:56:31 AM »
La Liga is sweet..but the top 5 teams can't seem to put together a winning run lately and the inconsistency is baffling. Sevilla seem to suffer from nerves when on top and only seem to win when they are chasing Barca. Barca's away form in 2007 has been simply abysmal. They played Villareal off the park yetserday....I think Villareal had maybe four shots on goal...yet Barca lost that game 0-2. Barca learned the most cruel lesson in football. They made endless chances..but if you don't score  :-\ Not sure what is wrong with them. Real Madrid could win the whole thing even though they are playing some dour football. But their away record is superb and that is why they are still in the hunt. It's close..it's exciting...but Lord is it frustrating. Top flight football at its best and worst. The 4th place race with Valencia, Zaragoza and Atletico is...The way things going, they could sneak into the title race too

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 10:05:50 AM »
La Liga is sweet..but the top 5 teams can't seem to put together a winning run lately and the inconsistency is baffling. Sevilla seem to suffer from nerves when on top and only seem to win when they are chasing Barca. Barca's away form in 2007 has been simply abysmal. They played Villareal off the park yetserday....I think Villareal had maybe four shots on goal...yet Barca lost that game 0-2. Barca learned the most cruel lesson in football. They made endless chances..but if you don't score  :-\ Not sure what is wrong with them. Real Madrid could win the whole thing even though they are playing some dour football. But their away record is superb and that is why they are still in the hunt. It's close..it's exciting...but Lord is it frustrating. Top flight football at its best and worst. The 4th place race with Valencia, Zaragoza and Atletico is...The way things going, they could sneak into the title race too

But to me that's what makes La Liga so exciting and the fact that you've got so many teams chasing the title, shows superior quality of the football and the greater level of competition (not trying to turn it into an EPL vs La Liga debate). Ah does rate Barca, but Real is muh first team and even though ah want them to get rid of Capello, ah still backing them for the League title. Hala Madrid!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:37:39 AM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 10:10:45 AM »
La Liga fan here. I think La Liga proves that is has a lot of depth.

Go Barca
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 11:17:40 AM »

But to me that's what makes La Liga so exciting and the fact that you've got so many teams chasing the title, shows superior quality of the football and the greater level of competition (not trying to turn it into an EPL vs La Liga debate). Ah does rate Barca, but Real is muh first team and even though ah want them to get rid of Capello, ah still backing them for the League title. Hala Madrid!

jus tuh add with dat in la liga yuh more likely tuh get ah bottom dweller winning games against dem big teams on ah more consisitent basis when compared tuh dah Boo League in England...Anyway fuh all de men who like nice football....Barca have de title lock!! Sevilla wouldn't be able tuh hole dey nerves and keep up with de chase...however, yuh alwayz have tuh fear madrid..but ah doh think dey have all dat gas man...settling fuh 2nd best in de world eh bad ;D ;D ;D
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 11:23:15 AM »
I real excited about Sevilla...they are a quality team without the big names. Even as  Barca fan I won't mind if Sevilla take the league title.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 11:23:40 AM »

I think you made a good case here to illustrate the quality of La liga. The fact that the top teams cant take it easy is testimony to that fact. You were a little hard on Sevilla who, unlike the others, still have European committments. It is not easy to play both competitions, especially when at this stage you cant take chances and rest your top players. Top flight football at its best shows the willingness of the lesser teams to fight the big guns. THe fact that Real  or barca loses is evidence that the league is strong were it not so then Scotland would have a claim to have the best league in Europe as their top 2 probably have the best record in any league in the world.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 11:50:01 AM »
I real excited about Sevilla...they are a quality team without the big names. Even as  Barca fan I won't mind if Sevilla take the league title.

yeah yeah..ah agree with Sevilla being ah nice lil team and dey have some good talent in men like Chevanton, Luis Fabiano and Kanoute..but is no pity fuh dem...Barca all de way fuh de league..Ah backin Sevilla in de UEFA cup doe..........
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 12:13:20 PM »

Spanish Primiera.

Madrid highlights against Valencia....Good finish from muh fellow Dutchman!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFRW1aTXUgU
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 12:14:02 PM »

jus tuh add with dat in la liga yuh more likely tuh get ah bottom dweller winning games against dem big teams on ah more consisitent basis when compared tuh dah Boo League in England...Anyway fuh all de men who like nice football....Barca have de title lock!! Sevilla wouldn't be able tuh hole dey nerves and keep up with de chase...however, yuh alwayz have tuh fear madrid..but ah doh think dey have all dat gas man...settling fuh 2nd best in de world eh bad ;D ;D ;D

Doh worry, Real Madrid have plenty gyass. N Barca just making it easy fuh us.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 12:44:17 PM »
You were a little hard on Sevilla who, unlike the others, still have European committments. It is not easy to play both competitions, especially when at this stage you cant take chances and rest your top players.

Good point...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 03:23:05 PM »
You were a little hard on Sevilla who, unlike the others, still have European committments. It is not easy to play both competitions, especially when at this stage you cant take chances and rest your top players.

Good point...

that is a good point for the last month or so, but Sevilla has gone top of La Liga and and missed out on chances to pull away from Barca on a few occasions, long before Barca, Madrid and most recently Valencia were knocked out of Europe. I am not just describing their recent form. This merry yoyo dance at the top of La Liga has been going on for months. I understand how European football may affect them more as they don't have the depth of a Barca...but in theory they also aren't playing against the same quality of teams as Barca in Europe. So I can't really use Europe as an excuse until very recently.

La Liga going to be heart-attack down to the wire...plus it looking like a Sevilla - Barca Copa Del Rey final...although given Barca's away form..you cyah count them in the final yet
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 04:01:17 PM by Filho »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 03:33:24 PM »
peong .........which game u watch, barca loss  yes but thats something that always holds true in football when u fail to score your chances u will pay plain and simple.

and mr grande man what kinda supporter u be, how can u not mind if sevilla win d league :o.....thats like ah man utd fan saying they  n mind  chlesea winning d league.  u fail to  realise sevilla still in the running for 3 trophies
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »
peong .........which game u watch, barca loss  yes but thats something that always holds true in football when u fail to score your chances u will pay plain and simple.

and mr grande man what kinda supporter u be, how can u not mind if sevilla win d league :o.....thats like ah man utd fan saying they  n mind  chlesea winning d league.  u fail to  realise sevilla still in the running for 3 trophies

point exactly about Mr Grande

d man is talk level shittt

check any C.Ronaldo or EPL related thread

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 10:26:35 PM »

freakazoid and Small Mag,

I do not exclusively support any club. I said I am a barca fan in this thread but they are just one of MANY.

I am not a diehard fan of any one club.

This stance helps me appreciate the different leagues and teams that world football has to offer in a more fulfilling way.

A couple of my friends are diehards of particular teams, and as such, their respective views on football are quite limited, if not biased. This is fine for some but not for me.

Check this thread for what I mean:
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=22970.0

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 05:47:41 AM »
I am a hard core La Liga supporter. I said in an another thread that this year belong to the EPL team ( that much is not really disputable) but Spain maintains a high quality of play from top to bottom. Its just a very competitive league with a lot of quality. Villareal's form has waned tremendously this season but watch any of their games and you'd see the quality they possess. When Barca beat them earlier this season (when Ronnie scored the outragous Bicycle kick) ,Villareal actually had a decent game but just couldn't match Barca's class at the Nou Camp.

It is still the best football to watch IMV.

Barca will still take the league and cup.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 06:07:28 AM »
That is a real boss goal real score vs Valencia (Ruud's goal).
The approach play is one of the best I have ever seen.
The finish was exquisite.

A goal to rival Messi's last week...

title race open!

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 03:06:38 PM »
Well it look like we goin right down tuh de wire...Barca, Sevilla & Madrid all win dey matches dis round...but judging by de last few games..ah feel Barca have de easiest route..So we should & would be victorius!! ;D ;D 

Barcelona  1 - 0  Levante                 (62 pts)
FC Sevilla   3 - 1  Espanyol                (61 pts)
Athletic Bilbao   1 - 4   Real Madrid     (60 pts)

BARCELONA
Real Sociedad    v  Barcelona
Barcelona  v  Real Betis    
Atlético Madrid  v  Barcelona
Barcelona  v  Getafe    
Barcelona   v  Espanyol
Gimnastic de Tarragona     v  Barcelona

SEVILLA
Real Madrid  v  FC Sevilla
FC Sevilla  v  Recreativo Huelva
Deportivo La Coruña  v  FC Sevilla
FC Sevilla  v  Real Zaragoza
Mallorca  v  FC Sevilla
FC Sevilla  v  Villarreal

REAL MADRID
Real Madrid  v  Espanyol
Recreativo Huelva  v  Real Madrid
Real Madrid  v  Deportivo La Coruña
Real Zaragoza  v  Real Madrid
Real Madrid  v  Mallorca
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 05:12:56 PM »
Hala Madrid!!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 05:32:21 PM »
Well it look like we goin right down tuh de wire...Barca, Sevilla & Madrid all win dey matches dis round...but judging by de last few games..ah feel Barca have de easiest route..So we should & would be victorius!! ;D ;D 

Barcelona  1 - 0  Levante                 (62 pts)
FC Sevilla   3 - 1  Espanyol                (61 pts)
Athletic Bilbao   1 - 4   Real Madrid     (60 pts)

BARCELONA
Real Sociedad    v  Barcelona
Barcelona  v  Real Betis    
Atlético Madrid  v  Barcelona
Barcelona  v  Getafe    
Barcelona   v  Espanyol
Gimnastic de Tarragona     v  Barcelona

SEVILLA
FC Sevilla  v  Recreativo Huelva
Deportivo La Coruña  v  FC Sevilla
FC Sevilla  v  Real Zaragoza
Mallorca  v  FC Sevilla
FC Sevilla  v  Villarreal

REAL MADRID
Real Madrid  v  Espanyol
Recreativo Huelva  v  Real Madrid
Real Madrid  v  Deportivo La Coruña
Real Zaragoza  v  Real Madrid
Real Madrid  v  Mallorca

I worried for Barca. Their away form has been abysmal in 2007. 4 points in 4 months of football...it's one of the reasons we even talking about a title race. Plus they playing Atletico Madrid away...the one team that has had their number for the past 3 years....home and away. I hoping they could pull it of but poor away form and only managing to scrape 1-0 wins in their last 2 home games means Barca is clearly not in top form. Madrid and Sevilla have tougher fixtures...but Barca inability to win on the road in 2007, means that this is most likely going down to the wire for true.

Barca all the way!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 06:22:21 PM »
I am not a La Liga afficionado like allyuh men but it definitely looking like Madrid have the best chance provided that they beat Sevilla next week.

After all the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth over Capello it seems like he still has Madrid as close to the title as they have been since Del Bosque.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 06:53:13 PM »
Finally something exciting happening in this piece a shit league

Go Sevilla

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2007, 07:23:53 PM »
Barcelona going to win again.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 02:15:04 PM »
But it seems as if Madrid has the hardest schedule. This will be an exciting finish.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 02:27:12 PM »
But it seems as if Madrid has the hardest schedule. This will be an exciting finish.

I kinda agree....

but for Barca... that Atletico game and dat last game of the season game against Nastic is worries... with their away form.... hmmm

de problem for Madrid is that they probably have to WIN all their remaining games and dat... in any other season would still be a tall order...

Sevilla if they could see off Madrid next week can take that momenutm forward but they too have a nasty 3 game run in at the end...

But with all dat ah still watcing dat Atletico game and especially dat Nastic game for Barca... allyuh realize dey scrape against Getafe this weekend... if it come down to that Nastic game... ah know real "maletin" going and pass....
All Barca fans really ent want dat to come down to the wire at all at all
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>