March 28, 2024, 12:29:07 PM

Author Topic: The race for La Liga title is on!!  (Read 31726 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The race for La Liga title is on!!
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2007, 12:55:12 PM »
Madrid up 1-0 at the half
They deserve their lead but the actual goal was not legit as Van Nistelroy clearly punched the ball. Unfortunately the referee did not see it. That's how the agme goes. Depor looking good in spurts, but all in all Madrid have this game under control. RM looking very good in the center of the midfield and Robinho, Becks and V Nistelroy all look lively but the defense letting Depor rattle them now and then...

i taking in d game online

Madrid playing better but looking dull.. they need to pik up their game

Becks looking good..

Ruud Binho and Raul knocking good as well

kinnda boring game but i still watching

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2007, 01:40:59 PM »
3-1 80'

Raul 58' Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuud 75'

Lame Game but at least Ruud scored :)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2007, 01:57:14 PM »
Madrid up 1-0 at the half
They deserve their lead but the actual goal was not legit as Van Nistelroy CLEARLY punched the ball. Unfortunately the referee did not see it. That's how the agme goes. Depor looking good in spurts, but all in all Madrid have this game under control. RM looking very good in the center of the midfield and Robinho, Becks and V Nistelroy all look lively but the defense letting Depor rattle them now and then...

Typical Azulgrana goggles.....

This was not clear at all.... and ah know is de same GOL tv feed we watch.... to me it look like it come off Jorge Andrade head...

EDIT: Oh fawk man Getafe!! Arready!  >:(

EDIT AGAIN: PAPAYO red card for Ronaldinho oui  :o  :o
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 02:40:02 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2007, 02:51:37 PM »
That red card is real shit.

The man get kick 3 times on the ground before he retaliate.

Common Sense ref, common sense !

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2007, 02:57:05 PM »

To make matters worse, de man who foul him and kick him did not receive a caution.....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2007, 02:57:19 PM »

anodder man wearing de goggles  :P

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2007, 04:07:06 PM »

anodder man wearing de goggles  :P

the only man wearing goggles is you. even the commentators eventually noticed, but they were right..doesn't matter. They replayed the perfect angle and paused the ball on Ruud hands. You hadda be kidding. Why you think 2 minutes after the goal they repeatedly kept showing a slow motion and pausing the ball on Ruud hands. FF come nah man..In any case..Real Madrid deserved to win and won easily.

Barca's game was magnificent. Great 1-0 victory to stay in the hunt. Ronnie reacted poorly and deserved the red. Big players get kicked...he should have known better. But Barca responded with grit and style...could have scored a few early in the 2nd half. At the end it was just defending for dear life. Big win. If Zaragoza salt Sevilla tomorrow it's down to just the big two. No matter what, Valencia's season is over.

FF...doh dig no horrors..but I recommend you watch the replay again. GolTV pause the replay with the ball exactly on Ruud hand, in the first half, at the interval  and during the 2nd half. I think you have on some Merengue goggles  ;D

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=204128&cc=5901

The Depor players were furious, with Van Nistelrooy looking to have handled the ball in the lead-up to the goal, but the referee waved away their protests.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 04:18:14 PM by Filho »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2007, 04:42:25 PM »
Me ent saying no....  by de way yuh like these goggles or wha? 8)

I just find it was not all dat clear from de replays i see.... anyhow

bamsee twitching time now.... who going and choke first.... Real have de harder run in... but Barca doh have Ronnie and Edmilson against Espanyol....
Barca was admirable today de way dey fight up and still manage to control de game after de red... other teams woulda totally fall apart

Real now have had what 6 or 7 straight wins....

Will Real's run end this season or next? Can Barca close off strongly? Can Sevilla stay in de hunt? Where is Toppa today? 

Stay tuned folks

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2007, 04:54:08 PM »
small mag i like yuh signature lol  :D  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2007, 09:25:06 PM »
...and Villareal continues their unstoppable drive into the UEFA CUP. They just beat Valencia at Valencia..and that is no easy feat. They have probably ended Valencia's title hopes and any hopes of automatic CL qualification. Villareal is arguably the best team in Spain right now. And Forlan is absolutely on fire..He now has 17 league goals with 12 of those coming since January

What filho ..like you want me to retire ? With glowing comments like that I dont need to say anymore about Villareal ...except maybe that ..is 6 straight victories at the death including those against barcelona and Vallencia  ::)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2007, 10:19:13 PM »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2007, 10:36:28 PM »
small mag i like yuh signature lol  :D  :devil:

haha thanks

except the person that made the sig spelt Mourinho wrong

on the sig it says Morinho

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2007, 05:23:11 AM »
Good Morning Guys,
                                Did anybody see the goal Diego Forlan scored for Villareal vs Valencia. It was a great. Actually it was the back-heel pass he got from a guy called Franco. He ran to the pass and shoot  the ball pass the keeper with Miguel breathing down his neck. Fine goal

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2007, 05:28:32 AM »
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 05:30:44 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2007, 08:29:27 AM »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2007, 12:08:02 PM »

bamsee twitching time now.... who going and choke first.... Real have de harder run in... but Barca doh have Ronnie and Edmilson against Espanyol....
Barca was admirable today de way dey fight up and still manage to control de game after de red... other teams woulda totally fall apart

Will Real's run end this season or next? Can Barca close off strongly? Can Sevilla stay in de hunt? Where is Toppa today? 

Stay tuned folks

Ah couldn't watch de game dreads! Ah on vacation and internet was down in de hotel. Steupsssss Hala Madrid!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2007, 12:20:15 PM »

Stay tuned folks

Ah couldn't watch de game dreads! Ah on vacation and internet was down in de hotel. Steupsssss Hala Madrid!

Ahhh Toppa drop in. A la liga thread without Toppa just eh right...
Anyhow, licks for Madrid next week. Zaragoza in yuh mimosa. We winning the title without Redcardinho

Visca El Barca

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »

Stay tuned folks

Ahhh Toppa drop in. A la liga thread without Toppa just eh right...
Anyhow, licks for Madrid next week. Zaragoza in yuh mimosa. We winning the title without Redcardinho

Visca El Barca

lol We'll handle Zaragoza de same way allyuh handle Atletico Madrid, oh frighten. Ah just watched the highlights of the Real match and Deportivo had play dem rough boy! BUh small ting. Hala Madrid!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Rijkaard Mashes Schuster's "Kicking" Tactics
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2007, 01:53:51 PM »
Frank Rijkaard was furious after the physical treatment his team received in their win against Getafe on Saturday evening and blamed Bernd Schuster for sending out his team to kick his players.
The Dutch coach said that he was upset with the German's attitude before the game and highlighted the aggressive manner in which the visitors played.

Barça were reduced to ten men when Ronaldinho kicked out after being fouled by David Belenguer and was angered that his team were punished while Getafe were left alone.

"You could see the mentality and the desire was that of their coach," Rijkaard said.

"He talked about kicking people before the game even started. His attitude could have had an effect on what went on out there. From the first minute onwards he was complaining.

"He would need to win 10 or 20 cups playing like that for me to agree with his way of doing things."

After opening the scoring after two minutes, Ronaldinho was then sent off just before half time and showed his frustration as he left the pitch.

"We saw that Ronaldinho was very affected by it all when he was leaving the field," Rijkaard continued.

"When a player is kicked a lot during a game, there comes a moment when you are annoyed after one particular tackle. All I can say is that it is a shame for the way we play, which is to create and focus on attacking in the opposition half, when we commit one error and a card is shown to a player to have him sent off.

"It surprised me because we do not have a team that is dirty. Our idea is to move the ball quickly and to keep possession. We should act more like the Getafe players maybe and when there is minimal contact we should throw ourselves about, shout out and call for cards.

"When my players go over they get up quickly because they know about football."

After playing for 50 minutes with a player less, Barça garnered all three points and Rijkaard was delighted.

"We had to work very hard to complete our task with ten players," he said. "But they were only able to create things near the end, when we were tired."

Schuster himself had been equally angered by what he had seen and criticised the referee, Alfonso Pérez Burrull, for his display.

"The bigger team has been favoured, just like always," he said, before focussing on a penalty that he believes should have been awarded when Belenguer went down in the area.

"To not blow for that was horrendous, but we are used to it now. When the bigger teams are playing for something they always have things go their way that little bit more."

The visitors' trainer believed that his side were well behaved and that they played extremely well.

"We have been better than Barça and took them on head-to-head and the percentage of possession was very even," he had continued. My team were outstanding and the only bad thing is that we could not find a way to goal. There was nothing more we could have done."

After hearing Schuster's words, Rijkaard responded uncharacteristically as he jibed: "If that was lesson in football, I'd quite happily take one of those every Sunday."

goal.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2007, 03:40:41 PM »
If DAT is what Zaragoza coming wit' next week..I go start crying from now ;). Plus Diogo get a red card. The great thing is Zaragoza not certain of a UEFA Cup place so they will play hard. Hopefully their home form right now is considerably better than their away form

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2007, 09:33:41 PM »
If DAT is what Zaragoza coming wit' next week..I go start crying from now ;). Plus Diogo get a red card. The great thing is Zaragoza not certain of a UEFA Cup place so they will play hard. Hopefully their home form right now is considerably better than their away form

Barca goan be real weak next match. Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Edmilson suspended. Ha!!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2007, 12:05:34 PM »
Barcelona’s Ronaldinho Banned For Nou Camp Clash With Espanyol, Available For Final La Liga Game Against Gimnastic

Barcelona will be without Brazilian star Ronaldinho for their next La Liga match, which is at Nou Camp against local rivals Espanyol this weekend, in what could be a blow to their chances of retaining the Spanish title. However, the punishment of missing just one match is also a relief to the defending champions.

27-year-old Ronaldinho will be available for the final match of the season against relegated Gimnastic Tarragona.

Ronaldinho, who is currently the fourth-highest goal-scorer in La Liga with 20 league goals, had been sent off against Getafe last weekend for kicking out at defender David Belenguer, after the attacker had been at the receiving end of cynical challenges for most of the match and was deemed to have been provoked by the Spanish Federation's Disciplinary Committee.

The Catalans and Real Madrid have same number of points with two games remaining but the latter are on the top of the table due to better head-to-head record. Any slip-up for Frank Rijkaard’s side coupled with victory for Real is likely to decide the fate of the title in the remaining outings.

http://www.worldcuplatest.com/barcelona-s-ronaldinho-banned-for-nou-ca-4545.html

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2007, 07:30:45 PM »
Look allyuh boy backing Madrid to win de title.

"Real Madrid will win the League because they deserve it"

Leo Beenhakker analysed this last stretch of the League and the thrilling Zaragoza-Real Madrid face-off. He's quite the authority in the matter. He trained Real Madrid and Zaragoza for the space of four seasons each, and with the Whites he ended up winning three La Liga titles. Precisely in his first League, he lived the same exact situation as the Merengues will experience on Saturday, playing the penultimate game in Zaragoza with the Aragonese trying to assure a UEFA position and Real Madrid the League. The result back then was 3-1 for the Madridistas. He follows Spanish football “very closely” from his native country of The Netherlands. “I am absolutely convinced that Real Madrid will be the League champions,” confessed the former Madrid coach via telephone.
Same story all over again but twenty years later. Do you remember the 1987 game?
I remember it as if it were yesterday. It was my first season training Real Madrid and I was going back to Zaragoza to face the team I had coached two years back. We won 3-1 and then became League champions in a tough competition just after the World Cup. It was a very special encounter for me.
Saturday is like a replay, right?
Yes, it's a very similar situation. We were up against the opportunity of winning the title there and we took advantage of it. It was very special for me because it was my first title in my first year with Real Madrid. I think that the team managed by Fabio Capello has the same chance now.

Traditionally, Real Madrid have fared well at La Romareda. How do you think they will do on Saturday?
Yes, that's what history says, but we can't forget that Saturday's match is a final for both teams. Zaragoza are very strong at home, but the quality of the squad of Real Madrid and of its coach will surely spice things up. I think that Madrid are technically and physically capable of winning this game and the League title.

What is your opinion about the season of Real Madrid, especially during the last third of the championship?
It's been great. From the outside, through the eyes of the press and the TV sations, I know they've had a difficult year. I think many elements have factored in for this recovery. First of all, President Ramón Calderón and the Board of Directors have reiterated their confidence in Fabio Capello, which has proved crucial. Fabio is one of the great masters of modern football. Then, we need to take into account the huge amounts of pressure that Real Madrid are always under. They're just sticking their neck out from a very difficult few years. I am proud of how things are looking at the moment. Everyone reacted really well and, once again, Real Madrid has proved that it's a great Club, with strong-willed people who are doing what they have to do: play well and fight for success. The difficulties the Club came up against made the President, directors, squad, and fans join efforts. They've done real well and they deserve a 10.

Does this last stretch of the League, with three teams with title-winning options, increase the standing of Spanish football?
These endings are good for football in general. We lived this situation here in The Netherlands, where the championship wasn't decided until the very last week. The same thing happended in Germany, with three title contenders until the last matchday. This just comes to prove that football in general is a great spectacle, especially for the diehard fans and all other groups surrounding the sport. This is the greatness of football.

I can't end this interview without asking you to please make a prediction.
You know well enough that it's very hard to make predictions in football, but in this instance I can't forget my latent Madridismo. Training Real Madrid was the most important thing I've done in my professional coaching career. Still, I'll try to take feelings out of the equation. I think that the strength of spirit displayed by the Whites in this last patch of the League will make then win the title. Moreover, they deserve it. So, in this sense, I am absolutely convinced that Real Madrid will be the League champions.

http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/rma40148.htm

www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2007, 04:55:28 PM »
So I'll be missing the match tomorrow...*sigh*
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2007, 05:35:59 PM »
So I'll be missing the match tomorrow...*sigh*

Might be a good thing ;D

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2007, 06:48:44 PM »
Dis league is real heart-attack ting oui! Well ah was keeping updated via the internet on my mobile...praise de LORD that Barca draw with Espanyol!!!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2007, 06:50:43 PM »
Dis league is real heart-attack ting oui! Well ah was keeping updated via the internet on my mobile...praise de LORD that Barca draw with Espanyol!!!

Toppzzz.. I eh give up yet..but Real Madrid looking good for this one. 90 minutes left

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2007, 07:07:02 PM »
The Best League in the World.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »
Just to mash up Mallorca now and we have it...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2007, 10:50:40 PM »

Toppzzz.. I eh give up yet..but Real Madrid looking good for this one. 90 minutes left

lol Yuh'n give up yet? Have to admire the spirit, but don't you realise that the football gods are with Madrid? And allyuh eh see Messi Hand of God goal! Wha kinna shit is dah? Dy Maradona horn chile ah wha?
www.westindiantube.com

1]; } ?>